Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

Congratulations to new TVIV mod taintrunner! Looking forward to your star trek posts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

ACAB also means you gotta self police you know

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

That was in response to the post about blm he made that everyone itt was vaguely remembering before, which was in itself responding to the same political compass meme.

Taintrunner posted:

top-right: pointless chud convention that dragged the liberals even more to the hard right

bottom-left: wandering the streets as the cops tear gas and beat the poo poo out of them as the politicians looked down and whispered “lol, no,” resulting in zero change, then they all endorsed and elected a warmongering rapist who militarized the cops and criminalized black lives

bottom-right: some no-name hedge fund got egg on its face in what will either collapse the economy or, more likely, the Biden administration gives even more power to Wall Street

just embarrassing fiction of imagining a person in your head and trying to own them by writing even more fan-fiction about yourself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
u fuckers let this guy just riff straight off the dome for years lol

Farm Frenzy fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 18, 2021

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Bundy posted:

so how was taintrunner not run out of here long before now given how many posters are tripping over each other to talk about how much they couldn't stand that guy

idk for some reason cspam mods stopped forumbanning people a long time ago for offenses that rise above a regular ban but below a permaban. which is certainly where TR had landed due to lifetime achievement before he was revealed as needing a perma immediately

it worked on fishmech. it is an appropriate punishment for people who are centralizing, negative figures across the subforum. taintrunner long ago violated the central rule of cspam - don't be fishmech. the fact that he put a ushanka on the wrecker gimmick like a classic trot shouldn't have disguised his nature

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

lmfao. good work

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Bundy posted:

so how was taintrunner not run out of here long before now given how many posters are tripping over each other to talk about how much they couldn't stand that guy
There's a lot of people on this forum who admired him for having couraged they lacked to make the same extremely bad post about the Democrats being bad over and over

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Farm Frenzy posted:

That was in response to the post about blm he made that everyone itt was vaguely remembering before, which was in itself responding to the same political compass meme.
u fuckers let this guy just riff straight off the dome for years lol

hey man i tried to bully him into giving me money for like 2 weeks until i got bored

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Bundy posted:

I can't speak for anybody else but in my own beefs with him, he was just an exhausting person to deal with and had seemingly limitless slapfight energy himself so engaging with him felt like a huge waste of time, especially since he'd go LOL DIDNT READ if someone ever did stick it out long enough to back him into a corner with how incoherent his bit was

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
can't believe i missed all this

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hmm, rapists bad. Perma ban the Joe Biden cosplayer.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

hey man i tried to bully him into giving me money for like 2 weeks until i got bored

he gave me PMs instead of money :mad:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Jazerus posted:

idk for some reason cspam mods stopped forumbanning people a long time ago for offenses that rise above a regular ban but below a permaban. which is certainly where TR had landed due to lifetime achievement before he was revealed as needing a perma immediately

I mean, even someone just bringing up the idea of threadbanning people was met with nearly universal outrage

also in the case of taintrunner, a forums ban doesn't make any sense, where else could he possibly post?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bundy posted:

I was pushing back against him since july, after the election was when it got really bad

Jazerus posted:

so now that the world's worst poster is gone can we have our thread back with a dedicated IK to keep weird rapists from starting cults of personality and getting the thread gassed

the zone needed a deep cleanse and getting rid of the absolute worst example isn't it

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

wow. crazy stuff

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

twoday
May 4, 2005

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

twoday posted:

I mean, even someone just bringing up the idea of threadbanning people was met with nearly universal outrage

also in the case of taintrunner, a forums ban doesn't make any sense, where else could he possibly post?

he posted in tviv

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Finicums Wake posted:

before adopting the 'taintrunner' moniker, taintrunner was friends with sady doyle?? lmao
Lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
taintrunner is an insane former dsa poster sex pest? is he was bappin

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

twoday posted:

threadbanning wasn't met with outrage, just befuddlement. just chain probe someone or probe them for two weeks or regular ban them if you're asking "should this person be threadbanned or forumbanned?"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

twoday posted:

No wonder mods have a persecution complex and live in quaking fear of cspam posters if that's an example of "universal outrage" lmao

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

twoday posted:

that's exactly what would have been appropriate and funny about forumbanning taintrunner. where else could he post in the way he wanted to?

threadbans are sort of bad because they promote thread insularity. someone being able to post in one part of cspam but not another doesn't make sense because most cspam posters post in a lot of threads. but forumbans were literally the stick that this subforum was built with and they represent a judgment by the community that someone sucks too much to post about politics without really harming their posting career where they analyze the thundercats cartoon in CineD or whatever

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i seem to recall there was a high-profile debate about subforum bans

edit: most of the posters in this thread have since been either modded or banned, sometimes both

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
it's incredibly funny that Tainter was friends with Jude Doyle

god drat lol

spacemang_spliff fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 18, 2021

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Lol

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Admiral Ray posted:

threadbanning wasn't met with outrage, just befuddlement. just chain probe someone or probe them for two weeks or regular ban them if you're asking "should this person be threadbanned or forumbanned?"

the two don't serve the same function - threadbanning is used when someone has been consistently making GBS threads up a single thread for a long time

a forum ban is at the top of the ramp when they have been making GBS threads up an entire forum for a while - but usually by the time they get to that point there isn't really a reason you wouldn't just ban or perma them. So a forum ban is more apt for the special case of someone who only posts shittily in one specific forum as part of a cross-forum war or something

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

it's incredibly funny that Tainter was friends with Sady Doyle

god drat lol

He slept on jude's couch for a week and was so disgusting to them that he became the canonical Bernie bro

E: name

Farm Frenzy fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 18, 2021

Tiaer
Oct 6, 2020

Lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Farm Frenzy posted:

He slept on sadys couch for a week and was so disgusting to them that he became the canonical Bernie bro

oh god if cspam doomed bernie's campaign entirely by accident

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
threadbanning and subforum banning might not work, but what about allowing posters to only post on certain page numbers (e.g, 2, 7, ä, 19) :thunk:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

Farm Frenzy posted:

He slept on sadys couch for a week and was so disgusting to them that he became the canonical Bernie bro

lmao

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
does this mean the coast is clear to have my nojoe tag removed? i didn't know i'd get one automatically, i'm canadian so the toxx wasn't exactly hard

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

the zone needed a deep cleanse and getting rid of the absolute worst example isn't it

twoday
May 4, 2005

2DCAT posted:

threadbanning and subforum banning might not work, but what about allowing posters to only post on certain page numbers (e.g, 2, 7, ä, 19) :thunk:

I'm condemning you to a special ban where you can only post on pages that match with the fibonacci sequence so that you are forced to become increasingly irrelevant over time

twoday fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh god if cspam doomed bernie's campaign entirely by accident

twoday posted:

she probably took on that approach specifically because of living with him

my current working theory is that taintrunner single-handedly cost bernie the primary and thus the election

:hmmyes: