Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Mood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Bundy posted:

so how was taintrunner not run out of here long before now given how many posters are tripping over each other to talk about how much they couldn't stand that guy

speaking personally here: around the time when tajntrunner and co made the succ zone unreadable, and after i had been called a lib for the nth time for not being affectively invested in a fated-to-fail parliamentary manuever ('force the vote' lol) i checked out of these forums, signed up for the rhizzone, and got deep into my hegel reading.

i'm sure i'm not the only one that was like "gently caress this lol" and started spending their time on other things

Finicums Wake fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Feb 18, 2021

Sea_Caldwell
Feb 5, 2021

How many yachts do you think Taintrunner owns rents?

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

a Loving Dog posted:

He wasn't a landlord. He rented a

haha

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Bundy posted:

so how was taintrunner not run out of here long before now given how many posters are tripping over each other to talk about how much they couldn't stand that guy

cause i didn't care enough to invest the time or energy on a internet posting forums war. there's other places to post, other poo poo to do.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Judakel posted:

You voted for Joe Biden. Telling in and of itself.

:goonsay: ackshully he voted for Kamala

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

lmfao

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh god if cspam doomed bernie's campaign entirely by accident

nah she couldn't even get hillary elected with her campaign-supported posting

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

twoday posted:

the two don't serve the same function - threadbanning is used when someone has been consistently making GBS threads up a single thread for a long time

a forum ban is at the top of the ramp when they have been making GBS threads up an entire forum for a while - but usually by the time they get to that point there isn't really a reason you wouldn't just ban or perma them. So a forum ban is more apt for the special case of someone who only posts shittily in one specific forum as part of a cross-forum war or something

a forum ban is not less than a ban. it is more than a ban, a partial perma for the sections of the forum that a person clearly cannot handle posting in without completely losing their poo poo. imo, taintrunner crossed that line a while ago, but was perhaps capable of posting like a normal person in tviv or games or whatever.

like there's a reason fishmech is the example i'm using. at the time she was forumbanned, there was absolutely no will on the part of any mod to perma her. you could not have convinced an admin that her conduct had met the standards for that, because the despair we felt at her posts was something cultivated over years and years of digesting this awful, lovely gimmick. taint was in a very similar position where he was corrosive to the fabric of the subforum without having any obviously perma-worthy posts at all.

Finicums Wake posted:

speaking personally here: around the time when tajntrunner and co made the succ zone unreadable, and after i had been called a lib for the nth time for not being affectively invested in a fated-to-fail parliamentary manuever ('force the vote' lol) i checked out of these forums, signed up for the rhizzone, and got deep into my hegel reading.

i'm sure i'm not the only one that was like "gently caress this lol" and started spending their time on other things

you see? this is precisely the fishmech effect. force the good posters to check out so that you're left with a wasteland of morons

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jazerus posted:

a forum ban is not less than a ban. it is more than a ban, a partial perma for the sections of the forum that a person clearly cannot handle posting in without completely losing their poo poo. imo, taintrunner crossed that line a while ago, but was perhaps capable of posting like a normal person in tviv or games or whatever.

i always like reminding people ZDR did this to top bunk wanker on the night of the 2016 election and he melted down in qcs about it

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Farm Frenzy posted:

He slept on sadys couch for a week and was so disgusting to them that he became the canonical Bernie bro

i said "oh my god" out loud, upon reading this, lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

Eox posted:

does this mean the coast is clear to have my nojoe tag removed? i didn't know i'd get one automatically, i'm canadian so the toxx wasn't exactly hard

You don't have a "nojoe" tag, you have a "joe" tag

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Farm Frenzy posted:

He slept on sadys couch for a week and was so disgusting to them that he became the canonical Bernie bro

lmao i'm dying

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp
I don't know who sady doyls is but I googled them and lol
https://twitter.com/sadydoyle/status/1362104435959357451

e: pronoun

Vim Fuego fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 18, 2021

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

UPDATE

went to bat for koalas march as well

an unbroken record

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Vim Fuego posted:

You don't have a "nojoe" tag, you have a "joe" tag

i would've loved the "no"

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Bundy posted:

he ran trump thread liberals out of the succzone, which are the ones running in to say they hated him

his posts were good, his respect for consent was bad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh god if cspam doomed bernie's campaign entirely by accident

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

hehehe

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Farm Frenzy posted:

frankenfreak posted:

The C-SPAM extended universe is getting REALLY crazy now...

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

uninterrupted posted:

he ran trump thread liberals out of the succzone, which are the ones running in to say they hated him

no he sucked rear end and was super cringe and you probably are too lol

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Farm Frenzy posted:

He slept on jude's couch for a week and was so disgusting to them that he became the canonical Bernie bro

lmfao

Korean Boomhauer fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 18, 2021

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Vim Fuego posted:

I don't know who sady doyls is but I googled her and lol
https://twitter.com/sadydoyle/status/1362104435959357451

i had no idea they transitioned since i knew them as 'sady.' my bad for using the wrong name

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

uninterrupted posted:

yes how could we have possibly known from his posts that taintrunner was the sort of person to aggressively send unsolicited messages and then act like the victim when he got called out on it

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Farm Frenzy posted:

He slept on jude's couch for a week and was so disgusting to them that he became the canonical Bernie bro

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao i'm dying

e: oh yeah, forgot about their transition oops

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

i always like reminding people ZDR did this to top bunk wanker on the night of the 2016 election and he melted down in qcs about it

ZDR loving sucked and I'm glad he's gone.

Also where is the taintrunner rape admission/accusation? I see something by "quotey" but maybe i'm missing context.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

uninterrupted posted:

god you're loving terrible

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

uninterrupted posted:

He was himself a liberal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

ZDR loving sucked and I'm glad he's gone.

Also where is the taintrunner rape admission/accusation? I see something by "quotey" but maybe i'm missing context.

ok top bunk wanker

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

yes how could we have possibly known from his posts that taintrunner was the sort of person to aggressively send unsolicited messages and then act like the victim when he got called out on it

go vote Kamala Harris for president about it

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Wherever there's a leftist cause, there's a cspammer there at the beginning to crush it beneath their meaty boot

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

uninterrupted posted:

He ran one too many taints.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

uninterrupted posted:

sure, maybe he raped people, but he also posted in the same thread i did on a tiny internet forum, so who's the real monster here?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

uninterrupted posted:

"trump thread liberals" lmao

I bet you this guy subscribes to the theory that stephen miller plotted and orchestrated the trump burger feast to try to make liberals look bad

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

really queer Christmas posted:

Wherever there's a leftist cause, there's a cspammer there at the beginning to crush it beneath their meaty boot

Maybe I was wrong... maybe posting IS politics...

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

uninterrupted posted:

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

uninterrupted posted:

go vote Kamala Harris for president about it

i voted for howie and i think youre a dumbfuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle