Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I like SFV as you can play a match immediately at any time of the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Spuckuk posted:

Yeah, the netcode is still bad. There's nothing close to like the fix Tekken managed.

The "fix" Tekken managed allowed better pings while making the game wildly more jitter-sensitive. It's a fix for playing with your buds, but if you play online or if you run tournaments with randos, it's not a fix at all.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Strive has that timer until the April release (which is like a loving death clock to me don't remind me of this wait) but if you go to like "..." then just... loving click it, it turns to "Launch Beta" by magic because PSN

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Firstborn posted:

Strive has that timer until the April release (which is like a loving death clock to me don't remind me of this wait) but if you go to like "..." then just... loving click it, it turns to "Launch Beta" by magic because PSN

Doesn't do this for me. I think they've just left Australia out. Thanks Sony.

Spruchy
May 12, 2013

I am not a machine. I feel and believe. I have opinions. Some of them are interesting. I could, if you would let me, talk and talk. Let us talk about anything.
Is there anyone who wants to play the strive beta tonight but doesn't/cant preorder? I have an extra press code I got today that I can give away.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Gutcruncher posted:

Besides the game itself being a lot less good in 2016, it also didn’t have arcade mode or story mode. It was basically just ranked/unranked online, offline versus, barebones training mode, and survival. It had 16 characters which is a good number, though

I remember the complaint was that it was bare-bones at release, but from the little I played, it seems like it's been fleshed out considerably, and I bought the Championship Edition, which comes with all the characters and costumes and whatnot.

I had been considering Ultra Street Fighter IV, but it sounded like the online for it was mostly dead, whereas SFV was still active, with it getting a new update soon (albeit a final one). I also recall that SF4 didn't have (or didn't seem to have) a lot in terms of single-player content.

Archer666 posted:

Just play it and see if you like. Not much point in getting it if you're going to base your opinion on what a dead comedy forum says instead of your own experiences.

I was just thinking that I was still in the window for a refund, so I was wondering if maybe I'd be better off getting the $30 back. That said, the little of what I've played seems fine. I don't imagine I'm going to rise to the top of the leaderboards in online play, but I can still play through the arcade and story modes and have fun with it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Spruchy posted:

Is there anyone who wants to play the strive beta tonight but doesn't/cant preorder? I have an extra press code I got today that I can give away.
I'm buying the game retail as I have Christmas gift cards but I'd like one

Spruchy
May 12, 2013

I am not a machine. I feel and believe. I have opinions. Some of them are interesting. I could, if you would let me, talk and talk. Let us talk about anything.

Monaghan posted:

I'm buying the game retail as I have Christmas gift cards but I'd like one

7A7B-QGNM-J9F3 enjoy (I don’t see pms in mobile and I’m playing the beta sorry if someone steals it)

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Max Wilco posted:

I remember the complaint was that it was bare-bones at release, but from the little I played, it seems like it's been fleshed out considerably, and I bought the Championship Edition, which comes with all the characters and costumes and whatnot.

I had been considering Ultra Street Fighter IV, but it sounded like the online for it was mostly dead, whereas SFV was still active, with it getting a new update soon (albeit a final one). I also recall that SF4 didn't have (or didn't seem to have) a lot in terms of single-player content.

Yeah current SFV has plenty of content, would’ve probably been a big hit if it launched like this, at the very least with casuals.

USF4 of course won’t have many players anymore but I’m sure you’ll always find someone on discord willing to play. The single player content is really thin, basically just arcade mode from what I remember.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Spruchy posted:

7A7B-QGNM-J9F3 enjoy (I don’t see pms in mobile and I’m playing the beta sorry if someone steals it)

Awesome it worked thanks a lot

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What even combos into anything in this game? Lol this is such a change. 2 normals and a special for 40%? Hell yeah

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://clips.twitch.tv/TangentialVibrantFennelDuDudu-zKvbSM3buba1W7lH
https://clips.twitch.tv/SpicyGloriousKumquatDuDudu-_hmxkNql3-BXbFhk

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Feb 18, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It feels like meter gain is pretty slow unless you are busting walls then you get a ton!

Im like salivating to get full bar and land rc into super before i accidently just hs them to death on a rando COUNTER

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

JBP posted:

lol, but in a sad resigned to this poo poo way :australia:

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

In both +R and Xrd I've told myself I'd learn May as a secondary, but I've never stuck to it because charge characters hurt my brain. But now that she only has like 4 specials in Strive, this might be the one where I actually commit to having a pocket May. 6H COUNTER hits look pretty satisfying.

Real hurthling! posted:

It feels like meter gain is pretty slow unless you are busting walls then you get a ton!

Yeah, wall break meter gain is crazy and I understand why forgoing corner pressure for it is incentivized now that I've seen footage. I think that's what Ramlethal's niche this time around is; just crazy meter gain all the time. It looks like she can get corner carry + wall break off of most confirms from most places on screen, and then always have access to at least 50 meter afterwards.

I saw someone RC her laser super from fullscreen for a tick throw mix to close a round, and not only did it look effective, but it was also very funny and made her look satisfying to play.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yo set training to stay on stage and opponent after match and there is no loading

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Having a easy to read life bar is much nicer than xrd where the bottom 10% had as much hp as the next 30% or whatever.

Makes trying to win with a raw chip super like a bitch way easier

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1362238004706828290

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Pockyless posted:

Also in stick news, I got an 8bitdo stick. For $89 I think it’s better stock than a quanba drone but it’s kind of annoying to replace parts. The screw holes are deep torx screws so I have to use a dedicated t10 driver to get them out. There are pads to solder on a 5 pin JLF harness but the stock wiring for the lever is just soldered on directly to the micro switches.

Other than that the quality is really good and it has a battery on the base for connecting to the switch or PC over Bluetooth or WiFi with an included adaptor so it has a very satisfying weight. The PCB is only for Switch and PC but overall I really like it.
Apparently you can just plug a 5 pin connector into the 8 pin and leave the last 3 pins bare, since they're just extra ground pins, so no need to solder

Timelink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dlHbMlXZcc&t=462s

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

JBP posted:

According to twitter, it looks like the entire SEA region may not be getting the beta at all, or there's a serious delay that no one at Bandai Namco is addressing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a translation of what he is saying?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Is there a translation of what he is saying?
https://twitter.com/SquidRadio/status/1362243809585766403

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/sportsnuts11/status/1362311161694334976

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

god that makes it even better lol

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
K goes into Dust, and P can go into command normals and sometimes specials, but they sure feel vestigial not being able to get real combos off of them. The COUNTER COUNTER COUNTER shenanigans can get kind of :shrug:

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

vaporized

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kinda low damage if you ask me.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

play chipp games get chipp prizes, imo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Chipp players should know what they signed up for.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
lol

https://twitter.com/PP_Willpower/status/1362442568819118085

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
hell yeah dude a fighting game in the Flashback universe

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

heh. freeze. heh. freeze. gotcha. gotcha. gotcha. heh. freeze.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

neosloth posted:

The tekken fix isn’t great either, lots of people are experiencing random fps drops after the last patch, and a lot of people seem to think that the netcode itself also got a fair bit worse.

I started accepting wifi matches just because I can’t tell the difference between wifi and wired anymore, but this is not the ringing endorsement I wish it was

Tldr all fighting games are bad

Those people are crazy or on wifi. I went from playing people uk to france being a crapshoot, to playing people in the USA and Africa with no problem

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I sure know what game this thing took an inspiration for on that UI, font, and combo notification size.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

AFashionableHat posted:

The "fix" Tekken managed allowed better pings while making the game wildly more jitter-sensitive. It's a fix for playing with your buds, but if you play online or if you run tournaments with randos, it's not a fix at all.

I do both of thoseand haven't experienced this at all

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
have yall not seen punch planet lmao

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yes. Doesn't it make it any less fun to rib though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Is anyone else experiencing "can't connect to network" for the GG Beta atm? My internet has been poo poo for like the past week, but I'm able to do a bunch of other stuff now online after resetting the modem for the 2nd time today.

Still can't connect to the Beta network though :shrug: