Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

whining about a 6 hour probation should be instantly met with a 72 hour probation it is insanely obnoxious to watch dozens upon dozens of goons try to draw lines in the sand about Appropriateness Of Punishment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I get probated in D&D for using aprostophe's incorrectly. It's an opportunity. Getting probed is like recess.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

genericnick posted:

There's only csv.

only csv, grep, sed, and awk.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Thoguh posted:

Mastershakeman making a QCS thread to free Taintrunner either without checking to see why he was banned or despite knowing why is funny, at least there is that. That's a hell of a hill to die on.

He is sure of two things in life; Jussie Smollett is guilty and Taintrunner is innocent.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Slippery Nipple posted:

fyad will be closed when the last pedo nutjob goon is permabanned

aw, so when there are no more goons?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

THS posted:

the expanse is pretty good, the last season dragged in the middle and did some really lame 9/11 analogies but picked up at the end

yeah it drags in a few places but hopefully will take your mind off forums drama

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

oxsnard posted:

mastershakeman is unironically the dumbest goon i have encountered on these cursed forums

well we can say he made at least one really funny post

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

THS posted:

the expanse is pretty good, the last season dragged in the middle and did some really lame 9/11 analogies but picked up at the end

The last season could and should have cut out about 5-6 of the episodes from the middle. The last episode was ok, but I'm not watching the new season after the last one

Sea_Caldwell
Feb 5, 2021

*Jefferoo dancing on the Joker stairs in 2016*

Jefferoo: I’m going to become the Taintrunner

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

genericnick posted:

I still don't know how to deal with the fact the Bernie Bro was real and it was Taintrunner. The forum delivers.

I want to see Taintrunner as a character in the next Adam Curtis "how did we get here?" documentary

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Vim Fuego posted:

The last season could and should have cut out about 5-6 of the episodes from the middle. The last episode was ok, but I'm not watching the new season after the last one

it’s one more season. if they stick the landing it could be great overall imo. it’s not like there is a wealth of interesting high budget science fiction being produced. can’t be worse than how game of thrones ended right

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

THS posted:

it’s one more season. if they stick the landing it could be great overall imo. it’s not like there is a wealth of interesting high budget science fiction being produced. can’t be worse than how game of thrones ended right

Honestly I'm not sure if anything can be worse than that.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

THS posted:

Lol you just reminded me that the same dudes who made GoT are adapting the Three Body Problem

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

change my name posted:

Lol you just reminded me that the same dudes who made GoT are adapting the Three Body Problem

NO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

change my name posted:

:negative:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

for my money, jefferoo's zenith was independently reinventing fascism for the sake of defending a mediocre children's movie https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3522449&pagenumber=138&perpage=40#post417572695

THS
Sep 15, 2017

change my name posted:

no fuckin way

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

THS posted:

no fuckin way

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/the-three-body-problem-netflix-original-series

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

change my name posted:

Foundation too

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Shageletic posted:

we're all having laughs and poo poo, but jeffroo got kinda dark

every post to him in that LAN thread was telling him to shut the gently caress up, but he just kept on going

with stuff like this

Holy poo poo lmfao

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gotta say I'm seeing a couple of posters I am absolutely not surprised to they engage in multipage arguments about the intellectual and artistic merit of Pacific Rim.

Its a loving robot vs kaijuu movie.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

didnt they just get kicked off doing an alt history “what if the confederates won the war” show, and also kicked off a disney star wars project?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

pentyne posted:

Gotta say I'm seeing a couple of posters I am absolutely not surprised to they engage in multipage arguments about the intellectual and artistic merit of Pacific Rim.

Its a loving robot vs kaijuu movie.

With a kickin' theme by Tom Morello, to be fair.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

change my name posted:

so this is Elden Ring

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

change my name posted:

idk what that is but it's a finished work right? the GoT dudes blow mega hard but the show seemed ok as an adaptation of the books and didn't really poo poo the bed until they had to add original content to it

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Plank Walker posted:

idk what that is but it's a finished work right? the GoT dudes blow mega hard but the show seemed ok as an adaptation of the books and didn't really poo poo the bed until they had to add original content to it

Yes but this series is about Chinese people, in China (and eventually space and eventually the fabric of the universe), from a Chinese perspective. Not sure the "let's showrun a series where the south won the civil war" dudes are up to the task

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

change my name posted:

Bedshaped posted:

Foundation too

lmao

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

THS posted:

yeah can we pls ban guapo gaucho. he loving sucks

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Bedshaped posted:

Foundation too

no don't do this to me

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gods_Butthole posted:

I want to see Taintrunner as a character in the next Adam Curtis "how did we get here?" documentary

And then... something funny happened. Only nobody laughed.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

They're making an SCP movie?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

change my name posted:

there's no themes in that book right?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Bedshaped posted:

Foundation too

looking forward to the generation of kids named "the mule"

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Paladinus posted:

And then... something funny happened. Only nobody laughed.

I disagree, I've done a lot of laughing

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

change my name posted:

model quality asians

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Trabisnikof posted:

looking forward to the generation of kids named "the mule"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shageletic posted:

Mastershakesman next

If Mastershakeman goes then how will the rest of us sleep soundly knowing that we aren't the worst poster on the forums?

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Shageletic posted:

So Jeffroo was well-loved in the NYC lan thread. Real great guy.

also

lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Bedshaped posted:

well we can say he made at least one really funny post

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

alarumklok posted:

no don't do this to me

actually I got it wrong, it's the guy who writes all those poo poo dc comics movies

it is a trend that all these terrible writers are called david or daniel though