Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i played a bit of madou monogatari on the saturn, it's funny how it starts like a serious rpg like chrono trigger and then changes into something more lighthearted, it even turns into isometric from top-down, it looks like it might be a fun game so i'll stick with it for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sparked my first Benison and in the description for how to trigger it, it says "triggers the same way as other Benisons". SaGa ftmfw.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

resumed divinity 2 the other night. bloodmoon island is really cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremely disappointed that enemies can summon zombies and bone golems and I cant

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

extremebuff posted:

extremely disappointed that enemies can summon zombies and bone golems and I cant

wish i could bone golems too

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

In Training posted:

Sparked my first Benison and in the description for how to trigger it, it says "triggers the same way as other Benisons". SaGa ftmfw.

if you know, you know

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lol i had that exact same moment. how cool are benisons though dude

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spark Benison sounds like an 80s action movie protagonist

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

lol i had that exact same moment. how cool are benisons though dude

completely saved my rear end with a full heal but it wasn't enough to beat the boss and now I don't have it anymore...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it was an optional fight (I think? I can never really tell lol) so I just went to the next zone. I'll find the benison again one day

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Spark Benison sounds like an 80s action movie protagonist

it sounds like the name the angry boss is yelling at a twilight zone protagonist whose head is in the clouds.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Benison sounds like good brunch food.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

please search your Steam friends list for a Mr. Spark Benison. mr benison's world is filled with spreadsheets and lengthy technical writing, and he has always had a knack for both. the only problem is that spark reads all of HIS lengthy technical writing on a website called gamefaqs dot com, and HIS spreadsheets are focused on leveling up, crafting fantasy equipment, and unlocking new magical powers within the pixelated confines of his computer screen. but Mr. Benison is about to face his own personal endboss, and no amount of grinding will help him this time. you can't cheese your way past a difficulty spike...... in the twilight zone.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Benison for MEN

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

Necro can summon exploding corpses and bone spiders.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

theres like 5 mods that rework necromancer to be more traditional. I full cleared act 1 last night and it was fun, Lone Wolf ranger natch.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Doing the sixth palace now and laughing at the ham-handed foreshadowing re the newest party member. I knew he was a skunk as soon as I met him at the tv station but they tried to sweep it under the rug with his confidant events. Can’t wait to find out what anime contrivance motivates him.

It was worse than I thought. gently caress this game's story.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Spoilers for the 7th Palace of PErsona 5: Just lmao at Futaba and Haru esentially forgiving Akechi after finding out their mother and father were killed by him. I wish you could call him a f*g while your party takes turns stomping him to death. It makes no god damned sense to feel bad for the little turd sandwich!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Spoilers for the 7th Palace of PErsona 5: Just lmao at Futaba and Haru esentially forgiving Akechi after finding out their mother and father were killed by him. I wish you could call him a f*g while your party takes turns stomping him to death. It makes no god damned sense to feel bad for the little turd sandwich!!!

I stopped playing at that point bc it pissed me off too much.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I stopped playing at that point bc it pissed me off too much.

I legit rage quit my PS4 into Rest Mode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I legit rage quit my PS4 into Rest Mode.

Lol. The tipping point for me was when you're all at Disney land and find out you all accidentally murdered Haru's dad and she's like "Meh." at that point I knew the script was written by robots and that it was all downhill from there, I didn't make it much further into the game and still don't know how it actually ends.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Lol. The tipping point for me was when you're all at Disney land and find out you all accidentally murdered Haru's dad and she's like "Meh." at that point I knew the script was written by robots and that it was all downhill from there, I didn't make it much further into the game and still don't know how it actually ends.

I basically have to finish at this point. I've palyed for 110 hours and I do like the confidant stuff and the battle system. But the main story is so amateur.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im playing dragon quest v on my super fami and just legit lolled when papas turned around and accidentally went down the stairs

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It was worse than I thought. gently caress this game's story.

told u bro

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

ive beat it and dont know how it actually ends

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay posted:

You should quit and play 4G while there's still time.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

ive beat it and dont know how it actually ends

i am legitimately not sure if i've ever beat ff12. i THINK i have? i always stop at some point in the endgame getting espers and doing hunts, but the story never interested me enough to think that much about the actual ending.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
persona games are vehicles for silly characters who will later be placed in various spinoff games

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I basically have to finish at this point. I've palyed for 110 hours and I do like the confidant stuff and the battle system. But the main story is so amateur.

If you maxed out the Councillor confidant you have a lot more to go in royal's third semester

But also the third semester is a way better ending to the game imo. that said if the group not revenge-killing akechi pissed you off then there are gonna be some times in the third semester that really rub you the wrong way

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

then again I think persona 5 is a better game than 4 so maybe i just have lovely taste in games

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I added it to my wish list because of this post. Relax.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Harrow posted:

If you maxed out the Councillor confidant you have a lot more to go in royal's third semester

But also the third semester is a way better ending to the game imo. that said if the group not revenge-killing akechi pissed you off then there are gonna be some times in the third semester that really rub you the wrong way

I maxed out almost all of the confidants, including the councillor.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

the actual last boss is pretty fun tbh, the game veers into some big stupid poo poo that's kind of goofy. yeah though th writing in the last couple palaces are just trash anmd the original ending is the most horseshit thing ive ever seen. i feel like the writing was like two drafts from being really good and then someone got scared and said OK STOP HERE

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I maxed out almost all of the confidants, including the councillor.

You're set for the third semester then

my personal take is that I honestly wish P5R's third semester could overwrite the original ending entirely, it's a lot better, maybe because Royal had a different director than vanilla P5

Fungah! posted:

the actual last boss is pretty fun tbh, the game veers into some big stupid poo poo that's kind of goofy. yeah though th writing in the last couple palaces are just trash anmd the original ending is the most horseshit thing ive ever seen. i feel like the writing was like two drafts from being really good and then someone got scared and said OK STOP HERE

my take on P5's writing is that you could cut like fully a third of the words from the script and not lose a single plot or characterization beat, it's just massively over-explained and over-wordy and badly needed editing

Harrow fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Spoilers of persona 5 sorry don’t read if you care about the story for this dumb game:

The funniest thing was the whole pancake thing that gives away the “heist”. Like I had it stuck in my head that Akechi was full of poo poo the entire game but the game is so loving long I forgot exactly why he’s a lying turd, then they make out like it’s this awesome Kesyser Soze reveal. Nope, game is 60 hours too long. That’s all.