Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I’ve got the Maxpower Pro and GoPedal, now just have to get a free weekend to put them in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I’ve got the Maxpower Pro and GoPedal, now just have to get a free weekend to put them in.
You might want to try them out independently, fyi. I only got the GoPedal because I got them locally from a guy whose lease is up but I'll be selling the GoPedal. The Maxpower Pro makes the GoPedal's lack of finesse even more pronounced.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

PirateDentist posted:

Finally got time to wash the car, so much AZ dust and pollen it was a different color.

Mmmh. Shiny. The chrome on the grille makes it look a lot nicer than the non-hybrid IMO. Doesn't have that catfish look to me.

I hate you and your sun:

—With love, Texas

With all seriousness, though, that Outback was a trooper when we had to go to my mother in law’s due to our power being out all day (up to 36 hours now...)
It drove 20-odd miles in that floof, no fuss. Thanks again, Jake!

Edit: it was about twice that deep by the time we left.

That picture was taken just before we went out and did this:

https://youtu.be/i-DB9G0-eNQ

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

^what's the interior like on that large lad?

Are you referring to my car? It's more than roomy enough for five. Very comfortable. Knocks against it are a few plastic pieces that don't really belong on the center console of a "luxury" vehicle. Also the touchscreen is only 8" which is a little smaller than it could have been. Really impressed with the upgraded Revel audio system. Something that I was concerned about considering that I've typically installed full systems on previous cars.

Don't love the interior color (stock pic below) but certainly isn't something that would dissuade me from buying the car.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Had a bit of fun in the snow!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Grakkus posted:

OK, that's way cooler than my Outback in the snow.
Good picture, too.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

We were feeling foolish earlier this month so we towed the Fiat 1850 miles round trip to Wisconsin to play in the snow. Little thing does great with all the weight hanging over the rear but good luck steering. Heater is great, at a low of -23F we had to have the windows cracked driving around in sweatshirts. Not small dog for scale

Have washed it twice since the trip, going for a third time this weekend to make sure I get as much salt off as possible

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

That is a sweet Fiat.

e: Citroen also owns

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020
Here is a pic of my truck that I loving wrecked. And the surprise concrete pillar in the dark parking garage that I backed in to. It's all fixed as good as new, now.

crackhaed
Jan 18, 2005

From out of the basement,
a man doth emerge,
sweat on his brow,
for Efron the urge.

NitroSpazzz posted:

We were feeling foolish earlier this month so we towed the Fiat 1850 miles round trip to Wisconsin to play in the snow. Little thing does great with all the weight hanging over the rear but good luck steering. Heater is great, at a low of -23F we had to have the windows cracked driving around in sweatshirts. Not small dog for scale

Have washed it twice since the trip, going for a third time this weekend to make sure I get as much salt off as possible

Grakkus posted:

drat those are some cute snow bunnies

Leroy
Apr 26, 2003
Oh, I get it.
cars

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
oozed out for the first time of the year

also ran a new amp power wire across the entire car on my dd ls460 a month ago. It was not a good time but should work forever

Jymmybob fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 24, 2021

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

gently caress that blue

and that camera angle

NICE

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

As a Marylander with a yellow car, it's hard to resist just turning the whole thing into our flag, and you've already got a black hood. Get some white and red on there.

I'm probably remembering the username wrong but you didn't used to have a Z06 with twin turbos up near Urbana did you?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

The only dodge fullsize that a set of yellow splitter guards would look even slightly alright on, and you had the good taste to not leave them on :v:

Leroy
Apr 26, 2003
Oh, I get it.

davebo posted:

As a Marylander with a yellow car, it's hard to resist just turning the whole thing into our flag, and you've already got a black hood. Get some white and red on there.

I'm probably remembering the username wrong but you didn't used to have a Z06 with twin turbos up near Urbana did you?

No, wasn't me. I'm in Baltimore, and the last Chevy I had was a 2011 HHR.

kastein posted:

The only dodge fullsize that a set of yellow splitter guards would look even slightly alright on, and you had the good taste to not leave them on :v:

They were removed by the time I got the car, but I definitely would have taken them off if they were still on there. They're supposed to be removed, and it just looks tacky in my opinion.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I agree, I just think it's funny that out of all the full size Dodge cars I see, the yellow one is the one that the owner hasn't intentionally left the yellow shipping guards on, or worse, bought a set and put them back on.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

davebo posted:

As another Marylander with a yellow car, I understand the urge. Especially since I've already got red as my secondary colour with calipers, intake, and strut tower bar (powdercoated to match intake). I had neat little MD flag inserts in my ST badges for awhile though, got a lot of comments on those.

Messaso
Feb 24, 2021

Got this pic a few weeks ago now. Think a lot of the car has rusted away since..

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hooray. That freakin rules

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Messaso posted:

Got this pic a few weeks ago now. Think a lot of the car has rusted away since..

This pic is as big as the car is. More but bigger please.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Olympic Mathlete posted:

This pic is as big as the car is. More but bigger please.

This is original upload size.

See how his original IMG link was https://i.imgur.com/7P8U160m.jpg if you quote the post?

The M at the end sets it to "medium sized" . You can change that to s, m, l, or h to get different sizes or just get rid of it altogether to get: https://i.imgur.com/7P8U160.jpg

Imgur specific.

Cage fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 24, 2021

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

^ thank you my dude.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Hit 60k, maintenance is already scheduled in a couple of weeks. It’s my first properly fast car and I’m gonna take extra special care of it.

Messaso
Feb 24, 2021
Thanks, thought I'd jump right in and get involved without knowing what I was doing (insert meme about not knowing what I'm doing working on my car either).

Here's a clearer pic minus the snow and back when the tire-writing was still fresh.

If anyone's not sure what this is: 1985 Austin Mini, 998cc, 4 speed, 0-60? yes, suspension? literally some hard chunks of rubber. British icon and still just cheap enough for people getting into classics to own and mess around with.
Mines almost stock, 35k miles, wider wheels, performance intake exhaust & carb needle, electronic ignition. Dyno'd a few months back at 42bhp but hey who needs big power when your car fits in your pocket???

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Have you considered doing an engine swap?
A 90's Toyota Celica perhaps?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

freelop posted:

Surely that would bolt right up. A few months of work, tops.

Messaso
Feb 24, 2021

freelop posted:

Thinks that's a lot of work. Assuming you're referencing Project Binky? I know they had to basically extend the front out a few inches to make it fit.
Honda VTEC engines are a very popular swap. Cut out the arches and modify the subframe then drop it in. Personally I like the idea of a 1L ford ecoboost swap. Unlimited fuel economy and fun turbo noises.

Although if I was doing anything I'd supercharge the original motor. Can get a good power increase from a bolt-on kit that doesn't completely ruin the originality of the car. Happy with it for now, but maybe some fun mods later in the year.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Messaso posted:

Thanks, thought I'd jump right in and get involved without knowing what I was doing (insert meme about not knowing what I'm doing working on my car either).

Here's a clearer pic minus the snow and back when the tire-writing was still fresh.

If anyone's not sure what this is: 1985 Austin Mini, 998cc, 4 speed, 0-60? yes, suspension? literally some hard chunks of rubber. British icon and still just cheap enough for people getting into classics to own and mess around with.
Mines almost stock, 35k miles, wider wheels, performance intake exhaust & carb needle, electronic ignition. Dyno'd a few months back at 42bhp but hey who needs big power when your car fits in your pocket???

The beauty of a Mini is you can buy replacement EVERYTHING for them so there's no reason any of them should ever get taken off the road. I went with a friend in his to the London to Brighton and was amazed at the amount of parts and panels available from the various stalls. You could virtually build a brand new Mini if you could be arsed. Said friend is currently letting his rot and he's going to have to spend a LOT of money getting it clean again. Doesn't help it drives wonky because he stoved it into a kerb whilst thinking he was a driving expert in the rain. Radius arm has been replaced but it still crabs, he's crumpled the shell I think. Dickhead.

Another friend looks after his and has a worked 1275 dual carb setup and some other goodies including a straight cut box. It's pushing twice the power and is honestly scary but brilliant.

Take care of it, they're incredibly fun cars as I'm sure you've already found out!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Messaso posted:

Great looking car, another car I've always wanted to own. Miss my old roommate and the ever cycling inventory of minis he was working on for friends and customers.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Messaso posted:

Personally I like the idea of a 1L ford ecoboost swap. Unlimited fuel economy and fun turbo noises.

I had a Focus with the 1.0 ecoboost and 6-speed and *loved* it. It would be a riot in the mini, especially because they sound so loving cool. Just don’t expect good mpg, I kept mine at a solid 26mpg (US gallon) most of the time. Oh, and you’ll have to figure out a good mounting solution since most of the stiffer mounts I tried made for too much vibration. Ended up with a mazdaspeed3 dogbone and Focus ST trans mount, stock 3-cyl hydraulic engine mount.

Loved that car, miss it still. I keep bugging the friend I sold it to to sell it back to me. Only sold it ‘cause Portland traffic with a stick sucked.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Baby on the way, so I traded in the Camaro for an adult car. Never thought I’d drop $30k on a Mazda3, but here we are.

The 2.5 turbo is very good, though. Not exactly what I’d call ‘rowdy’ like a WRX, but it does indeed have some hustle off the line.

Bouillon Rube fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 25, 2021

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
From what I understand they wanted to add the power in a refined way to follow the current push for an upscale market segment. I wonder if anyone will find a way to tune some roudiness into it.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

um excuse me posted:

From what I understand they wanted to add the power in a refined way to follow the current push for an upscale market segment. I wonder if anyone will find a way to tune some roudiness into it.

Yeah, that’s exactly it. My mom has an Audi A4 2.0T and this car feels a lot like that in its composure.

Which is fine for me, honestly. I don’t need to be hooning a RWD sports car around corners with an infant in the back.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Bouillon Rube posted:

Which is fine for me, honestly. I don’t need to be hooning a RWD sports car around corners with an infant in the back.

There's a couple of spots on the way home from daycare where flooring it through second works. Now that he's three he goes "whoaaaaaaaa", it's pretty fun. Also, I bought the tube to flash my car between awd and red, so it's like cheating, except for the lack of a real lsd.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

Bouillon Rube posted:

Baby on the way, so I traded in the Camaro for an adult car. Never thought I’d drop $30k on a Mazda3, but here we are.

The 2.5 turbo is very good, though. Not exactly what I’d call ‘rowdy’ like a WRX, but it does indeed have some hustle off the line.

Not gonna lie, I bought my wife a cx 9 recently. It has rear end and luxury and I love it. I also have owned many subarus and still have a project sti car. Considering dumping everything for a cx 5 or another cx 9

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I should have mentioned that I, too, own a luxury jelly bean. Got it last year and having just turned 30, it's a beautiful mix of sporty hatch and luxury car.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Bouillon Rube posted:

Nice! We've had a 2014, 2.5L hatchback since new. Over 80k miles. Zero issues. Great daily drive. Would love to have the turbo and AWD though.

Got tires today for my new, to me, 2018 F-150.

I like it a lot. Pretty quick with the 5L V8 and seriously easy to drive.

Also just got my 996 back from getting serviced. Annual service, detailed, new clutch and finally got around to replacing the dreaded IMS bearing. Old one was perfect though.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

Gorgeous vehicles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dk2m
May 6, 2009
Traded in my 16 WRX for a 18 RS3. Absolutely love this thing, the power is so addicting and the 5 cylinder sounds incredible. Nardo grey is quite beautiful in direct sunlight as well