Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

kingcobweb posted:

Shout out Kawhi and Jokic for not tweeting. They’re better people than us

Hell yeah, just living life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Losing the battle for steak, no dice.

Lol

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Rick posted:

I guess the thought is that AD probably could play now but I guess the road from calf strain to Achilles tear is a short one so they're just going to ice him for a month. Only 7 games in that month though due to the all star break but the Wizards are the only 'easy' game in the bunch so it might get ugly.

lol try playing a month without 3-4 starters

had to pick up Kyle Anderson for my fantasy team and I don't feel comfortable about it because he has a weird shape head

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I Before E posted:

That's fair, I'm just glad no Celtics made the starting 5. gently caress them.
:allears:

Red Rox posted:

lol try playing a month without 3-4 starters

had to pick up Kyle Anderson for my fantasy team and I don't feel comfortable about it because he has a weird shape head
Harsh, but fair.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

Quote tweeting your praise for Joe Harris to praise Joe Harris is NBA Twitter boiled down to its essence

I just wanted the stat on his shooting percentage but yes lol

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/1362631167636344832?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Lol
https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/1362560132362760197?s=19

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

weird that few people are talking about something literally no one cares about.

E: what people really should be caring about is a particular Milwaukee Buck failing yet again to bring his A-game when it mattered (a Thursday night game in February against the under .500 Toronto Raptors )

BWV fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 19, 2021

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Pooh Shiesty

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

very weird that people are not talking about a thing that literally does not matter to anyone not named Joel Embiid and no one cares about

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

I guess the thought is that AD probably could play now but I guess the road from calf strain to Achilles tear is a short one so they're just going to ice him for a month. Only 7 games in that month though due to the all star break but the Wizards are the only 'easy' game in the bunch so it might get ugly.

If I were the lakers I wouldn't worry at all unless they are falling out of 3rd. And I might even be ok getting 4th if that's the difference between giving James a break in early April or not. That's about a 3 game cushion right now.

In particular AD is a guy you don't want to roll into late season with him having a bunch of things going on.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Luka and Steph starting is really bad

I guess luka and Dallas were good last year so that gets a pass

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

euphronius posted:

Luka and Steph starting is really bad

I guess luka and Dallas were good last year so that gets a pass

Luka is having a great season. It’s only bad if you take record caused by half the rotation missing into account.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Every team has had players miss time

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

euphronius posted:

Every team has had players miss time

No teams have been hit as hard as the Mavs or Heat. The NBA now postpones games of teams missing less players than they had out.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well I don’t agree that’s a legit excuse . But anyway I said it’s fair because he and the mavs were good last season at least

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also jokic over gobert is bad but jokic was really good on the playoffs last season so I get it

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
What's weird about Curry? He's #4 in WS and having a really good season. I'd put Dame above Luka sure, but it's not like it's a really bad pick. It was fan votes anyway.

euphronius posted:

Also jokic over gobert is bad but jokic was really good on the playoffs last season so I get it

Uhh, Jokic is maybe the MVP front runner so

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t even have jokic in like the top 10 for mvp

Lol what are you talking about

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

:stare:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Denver is the 8th seed

That’s insane to say he’s an mvp

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The All Star game is just weird this year. There is a significant contingent of Canadian Raptors fans who sat out on voting for any Raptors players for the all star game altogether so as not to potentially expose members of the team to COVID-19 at the ASG. So this might end up being the first year since 2013 that a Raptor isn't on the Eastern Conference all star team at all, and is the first year since 2014 that a Raptor hasn't been on the Eastern Conference starting lineup.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Spacebump posted:

No teams have been hit as hard as the Mavs or Heat. The NBA now postpones games of teams missing less players than they had out.

Bulls and Cavs have.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

Denver is the 8th seed

He's dragging that Denver team right now, and they're like 3 games out of the 4 seed after playing less than 30 games. You're hyper focusing on seeding right now (I wonder why) when this is normally barely the 1/3 mark of a regular season.

The dude is putting up a 27/11/8.6 on ridiculous efficiency and leading the league on nearly every advanced stat. He's even shooting over 40% from about 4 a game. It's early and there are other good candidates too but he's been the best player so far.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

euphronius posted:

Denver is the 8th seed

lmao Jokic is averaging 27/11/8 and is like 2 WS's over number 2 in the league.

Jokic is having a loving insane season.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you ignore defense and team success he does appear better

I agree

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

euphronius posted:

what the gently caress lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is no doubt jokic is the champion of those particular stats

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

euphronius posted:

If you ignore defense and team success he does appear better

I agree

Jokic's defensive metrics are also loving good tho?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dexo posted:

Jokic's defensive metrics are also loving good tho?

Last I looked Denver was 20th on defense (bad)

He’s the most important part of the defense

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

like if you want to make the argument he shouldn't the MVP or whatever that's fine.

But to say he's below Rudy Gobert or like not in the top 3 or so is insanity.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gobert is having a better season

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

euphronius posted:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t have Embiid as the mvp favorite if that is what you are wondering

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Maybe euphronius is talking about Jokic's 2022 season stats

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
maybe you need some new podcasts

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My basic MVP criteria:

You have to be on a good team (top 4 seed at least, more like 1-2)
You have to be a two way player*

There are other considerations but those two are necessary

* somewhat relaxed for PGs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Here's a feature on zach. The bulls aren't on TV this season (they will have one national game tonight but will get obliterated by Philly) and they stink so no one cares about them other than me and the other Bullsposters, but LaVine has been incredible lately and has gone from a guy the Bulls should trade to a guy I want to see stick around. He's super fun to watch and I'm glad he's getting some attention. https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/2/19/22290059/zach-lavine-chicago-bulls-all-star-season

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Euphronius how about taking some time to watch jokic this year and stfu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

Here’s the list of dudes with usage rates north of 30 percent who are making at least 55 percent of their 2-pointers, 40 percent of their 3-pointers, and 80 percent of their free throws: Durant, Curry … and LaVine.

He’s been truly fantastic this season.