Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Southpaugh posted:

Considering we've had Shogun 2 which was the sengoku jidai and the two DLCs were the genpei war (late heian) and the boshin war (Meiji restoration/birth of Imperial Japan) they will definitely have us covered. I'd expect any Nippon faction to be v cool.

Make Nippon based on the late-Tokugawa/early-Meiji please and thank you. Only instead of importing western weapons and ideas, they're importing Skaven weapons of... Dubious reliability. We know canonically they had contact, supposedly Clan Eshin learned the ways of sneak-sneak stabkill from Nippon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Cardboard Fox posted:

I just noticed this on my current Tyrion playthrough. This one just has us absolutely wrecking Chaos, Dark Elves, and Orks with no issues. The AI just ripped apart 6 stacks of the Chaos invasion and they didn't even wait for me!

Is there any way to side with the baddies in Mortal Empires? If I'm playing as Grimgor, I would like to be best friends with Malus and Ikit, but they just don't like me, so I have to smash everyone I guess. :smith:

Counterpoint: why would you ever not smash everything as Grimgor?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I really wish the Tomb Kings would do better more often since they love you once you get big and strong.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The issue with Trade agreements is due to extremely dumb way diplomatic AI is scripted to evaluate them: basically the more Trade Agreement benefits the player instead of AI, the less likely the AI is to sign it. There is some logic there, I guess, but in practical terms it means that if you are rich and have shitload of trade resources, no one will want to trade with you, while if you are destitute and have gently caress-all to trade, you will be the hottest trade partner in the Old World. :v:

Of course, if you know how AI works, it's absolutely possible to game it: aggressively explore in early game and get trade deals with every friendly and neutral faction possible, and THEN expand your economy and develop trade resources. AI won't cancel already existing trade deals (unless your relations to them deteriorate due to other factors, of course), no matter how disadvantageous to them they become.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Khorne being all melee all the time is hella boring. Please make him the god of goofy war machines. Lemme get this guy on the battlefield.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Eschatos posted:

Khorne being all melee all the time is hella boring. Please make him the god of goofy war machines. Lemme get this guy on the battlefield.

Appropriate that his angry gundam is in a wheelchair.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Goofy warmachines is what Skaven are all about

Join the vermintide, friend

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

SirPhoebos posted:

Counterpoint: why would you ever not smash everything as Grimgor?

:hmmyes:

This is true. Friends are temporary, but the amount of factions to smash is eternal.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Arcsquad12 posted:

Appropriate that his angry gundam is in a wheelchair.

is it a gundam or is it a mutated chaos warrior who khorne gifted with tank treads and a cattle catcher

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Wake me up when we get that one piece of Slayer artillery that's a full-auto giant throwing axe launcher.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Flavahbeast posted:

is it a gundam or is it a mutated chaos warrior who khorne gifted with tank treads and a cattle catcher

It's too big to be a chaos warrior. Look st all the skulls. You think Khorne would care about tiny skulls? They're regular skulls.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Don Gato posted:

Make Nippon based on the late-Tokugawa/early-Meiji please and thank you. Only instead of importing western weapons and ideas, they're importing Skaven weapons of... Dubious reliability. We know canonically they had contact, supposedly Clan Eshin learned the ways of sneak-sneak stabkill from Nippon.

Gonna buck the trend here and ask for WWII Era Japan. Banzai charges, LMGs, highly mobile infantry, artillery, etc. Good luck balancing it but hey

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Gonna buck the trend here and ask for WWII Era Japan. Banzai charges, LMGs, highly mobile infantry, artillery, etc. Good luck balancing it but hey

The Skaven already do an absurdly good job of covering both Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Did the Workshop die for everyone else? I can't find a single mod on the search function anymore, even ones I know exist.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I mean, they don't really do they? Skaven are more nazis in a 50s pulp fiction (or just straight up cartoon) way, than actually Nazi Germany in WW2.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Telsa Cola posted:

The Skaven already do an absurdly good job of covering both Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

I just hate Skaven ok

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Randarkman posted:

I mean, they don't really do they? Skaven are more nazis in a 50s pulp fiction (or just straight up cartoon) way, than actually Nazi Germany in WW2.

Maaybe?

Racial supremacy (thats like all the races in game though), crazy hosed up warmachines and experiments. Literal Stormtroopers.

Im sure others could be listed.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Their battle doctrine is more ww1, no infantry transports or real tanks.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
*Stares at stormvermin*

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

*stares at gas, flame weapons, also overly engineered super weapons*

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Look if Skaven get metal boxes to put their infantry into and out of then they will be ww2.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Oh look, they are all back stabbing each other... like some sort of night of the long knives

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Third World Reagan posted:

Oh look, they are all back stabbing each other... like some sort of night of the long knives

While I take your point thats... not exactly limited to the Nazis

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Two skaven sitting under altdorf going, are we the baddies

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The skaven can both be nazis, but also not fight like the nazis did in WW2.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

hmm how unlike this nazi to not be a nazi but yet

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Telsa Cola posted:

Maaybe?

Racial supremacy (thats like all the races in game though), crazy hosed up warmachines and experiments. Literal Stormtroopers.

Im sure others could be listed.

Oh. I'm not saying their not supposed to be nazis, they definitely are, and on the topic of racial supremacy, I think the Skaven are the only one where you hear them refer to themselves as the "Master Race", so yeah. I'm just saying the wacky science and mix of occult weirdo magic and protoype machinery puts them more in line with pulp fiction nazis than the nazi German military in WW2.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
ive come to personally think that the name stormvermin are ripping off star wars instead of indiana jones, that the skaven in general are lifted from the swords of lankhmar and the secret of nimh rather being a nazi allegory

more specifically ive not seen a single source from the original designers that backs up that interpretation as The One True One and it can probably just be read as generic bad guy stuff in general than a strangely restrained portrayal where they managed to not make a single rat sieg heil or have a toothbrush moustache

i think its a valid allegorical reading but i have doubts that such a thing was intentional

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'd just like to point out also that despite being allied, Imperial Japan was very much not Nazi Germany, so the comparison doesn't really make sense anyway

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

If we got brigades of rats on bicycles though, that would be cool.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'd just like to point out also that despite being allied, Imperial Japan was very much not Nazi Germany, so the comparison doesn't really make sense anyway

The rats are all yukio mishima imo

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Ratchurian Candidate

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

That sounds like combining the high mobility and ranged of the wood elves with the pure balls out aggression and charging of the beastmen with a hopefully not trash roster. Pure cheese in army form.

I'm 100% down let's do it.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
eshin being imperial japan is... i mean okay. what is pestilens then? italians?

they're kind of catholic in aesthetics. but also doing a protestant style reform. is this... is this the most searingly hot allegorical message created by renegades from the church of england, or is it "let's make the rats worship disease and make them literal monks because it seems like a cool idea"

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i think the rats need to do less hard drugs and go to the park

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I think the rats need to do more hard drugs, the drugs are working out for the rats.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Tiler Kiwi posted:

You can take their radioactive magic cocaine from their cold, dead, still twitching claws.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Also no skaven can be WWII-era imperial Japan, they're far too functional, ideologically consistent and not nearly backstabby enough.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Tiler Kiwi posted:

ive come to personally think that the name stormvermin are ripping off star wars instead of indiana jones

Tbf the Empire in Star Wars is heavily based on Nazis too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nor do they (and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not up to the play on Skaven) build fully loving sick mega-battleships