Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im in the game now doing dojo but network is down. Dunno if they changed it to allow dojo offline or if im just lucky and snuck through the first network check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Finally, someone talks about what's truly important
https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1362606177826312195

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Hey is the beta down...I keep getting an error saying that it can't download the r code or it saying I'm not connected to the network. (To note I am connected to internet and psn and whatnot)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its been mostly down since yesterday

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Its been mostly down since yesterday

Ugh, I got off early today from work so I was really hoping to get some time in with GG, C'est la Vie.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does the game still let you bind macros? I'm kind of used to having an S+H button, it made my layout very convenient.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Some dumbass ky things that kept getting me killed that im thinking about cause i cant play the broke beta rn:

1. Vapor thrust is a weird dp. Both versions seem bad for combos like they are designed to whiff off most grounded normals except off like a dashing normal that keeps you close. I guess i will consider it mainly a reversal tool and high risk/reward aa and stop eating poo poo trying to use it as combo filler unless im airborne.

2. It seems like if i buffer heavy stun edge into my sweep, the stun edge has often already gone too far to lock down the opponent by the time they wake up. Gotta get a better timing down i guess so i can keep my turn going.

3. Im not seeing a huge compelling reason to use install unless i am getting my rear end kicked and the opponent has a ton of health left and im going to start trying to mount a sick comeback. I usually can use meter to just end a round off any hit If the match is close by the time i get down to the very low health required. Am i missing something?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

Does the game still let you bind macros? I'm kind of used to having an S+H button, it made my layout very convenient.

It lets you bind:
Dash (this owns)
Burst
RC
Maybe one other thing but i forget.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Something at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qPKJ2eRi8U

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

This is real, I’ve been playing training mode no issues!

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Gutcruncher posted:

This is real, I’ve been playing training mode no issues!

Did the account you use have to be at least signed up for an online account?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

boz posted:

Yes, NOT a PS+ account but just something that can access the store.

Everyone should really take this opportunity to just make themselves a second account for a different region. I just used my pre-existing japnese account.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

boz posted:

Yeah it has to be a psn account. You do not have to have psn+

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
So how does the homing jump thing work? I've only really played with ramlethal so far is there a specific move that can use it?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Metapod posted:

So how does the homing jump thing work? I've only really played with ramlethal so far is there a specific move that can use it?

If you mean Dust, hold D and when it hits hold up

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Hong Kong is a nice account to have. Lots of the games on it are even in English. Instead of getting PSN cards, I hooked up my US credit card to yet a different HK paypal account and it works for purchases just fine.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Finally got in, and already nearly torn the skin off my thumb doing inputs. My son loves the music, my wife is having a blast relearning her old favorites May and Millia. Her new favorite is Giovanna.

My wife made it into a lobby and actually started a match, and was immediately disconnected from the network.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 20, 2021

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah it seems like it died

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Dude I'm loving Giovanna. Being able to FD brake her dash at any point has me feeling some kind of way.

Not being able to jump confirm anti-air jabs is hard to unlearn though. I'm also happy that--even though they're 1f--throws still feel like Guilty Gear. You can still definitely bullshit your way out of pressure with it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

marshmallow creep posted:

Finally got in, and already nearly torn the skin off my thumb doing inputs. My son loves the music, my wife is having a blast relearning her old favorites ed May and Millia. Her new favorite is Giovanna.

My wife made it into a lobby and actually started a match, and was immediately disconnected from the network.

I got on for an hour, and kept getting disconnected almost anytime I tried to match up with anyone before finally being booted off the network. The five matches I got in were fun, though!

I've only tried Ram, Gio, and Nago so far. I do like my big buttons, so Ram and Nago have worked better for me so far, but I feel like once I get some more time with Gio, I'm going to really love her

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Down again

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zato seems a lot less impossible now.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Honestly it's hilarious their servers can only handle an hour of play

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its up again
Its down now. 1 hr up but was really smooth.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 20, 2021

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Yeah its so smooth when the servers are up arcsys rollback in dbz and gbvs pwease

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Its up again
Its down now. 1 hr up but was really smooth.

I finally got some matches in.....man it was so nice while it was up. I guess I'll actually sleep now, but man that was a smooth ride.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im finding the slow rear end air dash is mainly useful for advancing over a fireball than actually doing a jump in when the opponent isnt locked into an animation and every neuron in their brain sees me fart out a giant yellow disc and freeze in place momentarily.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Game is gorgeous from what I've seen in training mode but man do I not understand how moves combo in this. Only a few preset moves seemed to flow in to each other so I guess that's all you get when you don't have roman cancel / corner splat available?

Feels really weird, but I haven't played the Guilty Gear before so :shrug: I'd probably need access to the full tutorial mode to break things down.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

FallenGod posted:

Game is gorgeous from what I've seen in training mode but man do I not understand how moves combo in this. Only a few preset moves seemed to flow in to each other so I guess that's all you get when you don't have roman cancel / corner splat available?

Feels really weird, but I haven't played the Guilty Gear before so :shrug: I'd probably need access to the full tutorial mode to break things down.

Older GG games imo felt very free form, you could figure out combos on your own with a bit of training mode. From what I’ve seen (haven’t gotten into beta yet) combos are a bit shorter in this one

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im very hype to get into mission mode and learn some wacky stuff from the trials

Lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-fxfLs2MqE

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 20, 2021

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

FallenGod posted:

- P cancels into itself and command normals (6P, 6H etc.)
- K cancels into D and command normals
- close S cancels into itself, H, D and command normals
- far S and 2S cancels into H
- H is only special cancelable

There character specific stuff (Millia's 5K cancels into itself) but when in doubt, 2K 2D

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Matchmaking with friends in this beta feels like a Craigslist personal ad. "Meet me in park 15. I'll be wearing a brown bomber jacket and a Nagoriyuki mask. I have a baseball bat." It is kind of charming though.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
I’m sad I can’t participate in the test since I’m pc only for fighters. The footage of Strive matches hitting youtube right now is getting me really hyped up.

Could anyone who knows the smell of the game give me some thoughts on how modernized Zato / Faust feel to play? I gotta live vicariously through you all for a while. :kiddo:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Man I'm having a hard enough time just practicing combos against the CPU lol. May doesn't gently caress around even as an AI opponent.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I haven't been able to really play much besides super late at night, but I think I'm starting to like Sol more and more in this game. Something clicked for me and I started winning a lot more often. 6S is a little slow, but it's got great range. fS goes deceptively far and is +. Grand Viper is still a crutch move, but it doesn't get you killed as easily. Wild throw's side switch can be inconvenent now that you can't combo off it, but it hits like a truck and it's not too hard to scare someone into getting thrown.

Still not super thrilled about the changes to the combo system. There seems to be some opportunities for free-form combos in the corner, or if you RC or hit with the right starter, but a lot of the time it seems like there's a pretty well defined "correct" route due to the limited cancel options.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah, I'm getting the hang of Slab Punchguy too. Turns out I just needed to punch more.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Blue Labrador posted:

Matchmaking with friends in this beta feels like a Craigslist personal ad. "Meet me in park 15. I'll be wearing a brown bomber jacket and a Nagoriyuki mask. I have a baseball bat." It is kind of charming though.

no, its not. its just bad.

the amount of downtime between matches even when things are working well is disgusting. the matches go so fast that i spend more time in between matches and loading stages than actually playing the game

I got to floor 10 last night and there was like nobody left to play. I wasnt able to find a single match on floor 10 before the beta died and i couldnt reconnect

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Training quickmatch is the only good way to play the beta

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Zand posted:

no, its not. its just bad.

the amount of downtime between matches even when things are working well is disgusting. the matches go so fast that i spend more time in between matches and loading stages than actually playing the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I just don't understand why 1) there's no rematch option even in casual play 2) do I have to challenge someone or wait to be challenged instead of just being placed in a pool