Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

grittyreboot posted:

Where's the alcohol square?

All of them, if you try hard enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Butt Detective posted:

A Discord server apparently full of people with Hazbin Hotel icons who use the R slur are making humanised mental disorders! Nothing could possibly go wrong

https://twitter.com/TalesFromTheDSM/status/1362641326727065603?s=20

What appears to be a trans man with post-partum depression? I think this is exactly the group to handle the subject with the nuance, tact, and compassion such a topic would require.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
I think PPD is paranoid personality disorder rather than post-partum depression. Not that that detracts from the overall awfulness.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Also, as someone with AvPD: the idea of someone with avoidant personality disorder and someone with dependent personality disorder trying to date sounds like a hastily-pitched idea for a sitcom.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GreenMetalSun posted:

What appears to be a trans man with post-partum depression? I think this is exactly the group to handle the subject with the nuance, tact, and compassion such a topic would require.

In no defense whatsoever of that image, I think that's meant to be Paranoid Personality Disorder.

EDIT: Beaten by above.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Owlkill posted:

I think PPD is paranoid personality disorder rather than post-partum depression. Not that that detracts from the overall awfulness.
Yeah, you have to go by what's a personality disorder with that abbreviation, since they apparently made other personifications but that's the personality disorder post.

Still pretty weirded out.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm just glad they don't have an Autism Spectrum Disorder one. A lot of autistic people are also I/DD and these folks like to throw around "r*tard" way too much.

gently caress, they're gonna do ASD next, aren't they?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Bismuth posted:

Obviously no one is going to post it here, but its findable if you really look, but her old webcomic featured highschool student/teacher relationships, and she drew images of a minor character loving (non-anthro) animals, and she includes voodoo in Hazbin Hotel as an EVIL MAGIC which is racist as hell then tried to backtrack to say the character using it is creole/nonwhite when hes obviously intended to be white as all hell, and doesnt really fix it being depicted as evil/dangerous, among other nasty stereotypes like the hypersexual drug-using gay guy, abrasive lesbian, etc.

I dont really see people talking about it but I have noticed her tracing in some of her music videos and one video that was made for a music artist was basically entirely not-animated. Like they asked her to animate a music video for them and she made a glorified sketchy slideshow, where as her personal projects are all actually animated, which seems pretty lovely to me.

Eh... none of this is 'wrong' but its also not as clear cut as this. She'd had a number of weird E-stalkers who have done the whole infatuation-loathing flip and have spread contextless poo poo around until it's hard to find the truth. The stereotype stuff I'm not sure about. She's always drawn 'gay' characters and i've never noticed weird stereotyping. I don't think I remember her ever drawing trans characters which may or may not mean anything. I don't know. I might be being ignorant of obvious danger signs.

Now onto the grimmer stuff. As far as I know, the 'animal loving' was a 'joke' openly posted on her devientart when she was just out of highschool herself (I think). It was one of her characters, a highschooler, who had an interest in snakes. In this 'joke' picture he was in a bathtub and it was implied he was getting a little too interested. It wasn't visually explicit but it was pretty heavily implied. I think it was along the lines of someone asking her just how obsessed with snakes is this character and she made the poor decision to imply 'yeah, he fucks them'.

So make of that what you will. I don't think it absolves her from being 'problematic' but I think it's important to have context because it's obvious she has a dedicated hate-club that keeps just spreading it around that she's a zoophilic bigot terf as some kind of cancellation trinity.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

hooman posted:

In no defense whatsoever of that image, I think that's meant to be Paranoid Personality Disorder.

EDIT: Beaten by above.

Alright, so it's not quite as bad as I imagined. Someone close to me had it, so that's just what jumps to mind when I see PPD.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Regarde Aduck posted:

As far as I know, the 'animal loving' was a 'joke' ... It was one of her characters, a highschooler, who had an interest in snakes... she made the poor decision to imply 'yeah, he fucks them'.

:chloe:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

None of "that" is wrong? Lol

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I think they meant "wrong" as in "factually inaccurate" not a moral judgement.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Removed a bad post here but lol the bpd person literally has black and white hair.

xtal has a new favorite as of 03:33 on Feb 20, 2021

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'd initially thought that the black character was "disassociative" but then I remembered that that acronym is DID not DPD. If it were DID it would have been a lot worse, like this interpretation of the genderless henchman from the movie of Unfortunate Events: (Matthew Cardapole from the Netflix show was a far better direction to go in that this carnival poo poo)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Owlkill posted:

I was gonna say one major problem is I don't know what most of these acronyms are supposed to stand for, kinda think reducing mental health issues to 3 or four letters is a bit dismissive inherently.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PetraCore posted:

I thought the hair was a visual pun on splitting, which borderline people do. Pretty distasteful to make it so much of a focus of the design, but, well...

People make that mistake ALL THE TIME in acronyms, to the point where I always ask them to clarify if it's not completely obvious. I'd never trust that I know which one they mean, especially with a visual pun that works for both disorders.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

BioEnchanted posted:

Matthew Cardapole

Just looked this guy up and he looks like a combination of Joey Ramone and Ruben from Midsommar.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Read After Burning posted:

Also, as someone with AvPD: the idea of someone with avoidant personality disorder and someone with dependent personality disorder trying to date sounds like a hastily-pitched idea for a sitcom.

anyone else automatically parse AvPD as Alien vs. Predator

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

china bot posted:

I'm glad somebody else said it

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

china bot posted:

Aliens vs. Predator Disorder is less of a psychological disorder, and more one relating to the eyes, where everything appears much darker and the shade of red that's usually associated with blood is completely indiscernible.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Liberalism is a brain disease.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

If Frisco isn't correct, explain this-

https://youtu.be/p7C0arR310g

Check Mate, Athetits.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

This is hilarious because Bernie had her back but Manchin didn't

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
i remember reading this whole "nobody actually from san francisco calls it frisco" topic in a continental op story dash hammet wrote in the 1920s

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
quote is not edit

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

InediblePenguin posted:

i remember reading this whole "nobody actually from san francisco calls it frisco" topic in a continental op story dash hammet wrote in the 1920s

Hammet actually lived there. When I first moved to the bay area I would sometimes say Frisco and the burning looks I would get quickly cured me of it.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

The ironic thing is that was actually St. Francis's nickname.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Who would suggest making a phone call as a way to reduce stress and anxiety?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

For some reason all the squares on my bingo board is filled with "extreme anxiety about my finances and housing"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Alien vs Police Department :getin:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Alien vs Police Department :getin:

Whoever wins, we lose.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Grunch Worldflower posted:

"self-diagnosis" (aka LARPing a disability)

mmmmmhmmmm i see

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

Butt Detective posted:

humanised mental disorders

Predictably,

https://twitter.com/Benny96101466/status/1362872922747068419?s=20

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/rabbit_isdead/status/1362994393779732481

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Read After Burning posted:

hell, it could just be a hilarious retelling of most of my past relationships!

don't call me.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

one mouthful at a time

real gun enthusiasts know that the superior lubricant is santorum, but the question is: whose santorum would it be?

hawowanlawow has a new favorite as of 14:33 on Feb 20, 2021

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Rick's

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

i prefer the ar-53, myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Tiggum posted:

Who would suggest making a phone call as a way to reduce stress and anxiety?

They probably mean calling a person or organization who will hopefully help the caller, not calling about an unpaid bill or calling the dmv