Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

elentar posted:

haha Jalen Johnson opted out of the rest of Duke's pointless season to get ready for the draft instead and quite a few Blue Devil fans are taking it exactly as well as you'd imagine.

also all the national writers who you would think would be stupid about it (plus Jay Bilas, who I guess is for player rights unless it hurts Duke) are being extremely stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Good for him. Media talking heads being dumbasses isn’t anything new but I’m glad K is supportive

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

elentar posted:

haha Jalen Johnson opted out of the rest of Duke's pointless season to get ready for the draft instead and quite a few Blue Devil fans are taking it exactly as well as you'd imagine.

supposedly there’s some behind the scenes stuff there but i don’t think anyone would blame him for just sitting out and skipping the floor slapping intensity of a .500 acc also ran

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Games all over the South getting canceled. Auburn-Miss St. had already been moved from Tuesday, now postponed with no new date.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

On paper, this team was NCAA quality. In reality, we didn't play basketball for a month, and have still only played 15 games to this point. Just a total waste of a season.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

RumbleFish posted:

On paper, this team was NCAA quality. In reality, we didn't play basketball for a month, and have still only played 15 games to this point. Just a total waste of a season.

You might have a Q1 (Q2 if things stay on their trajectory) win coming up on Saturday though!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

RumbleFish posted:

thread title imo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa now .6 away from tying 2015 Wisconsin for the best offense of the KenPom era. Don't ask about defense, it's for try hard nerds, no one likes it

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Six years since Jon Octeus' sick dunk against IU. Still remember losing my mind while watching live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROZdyiRlqFk

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

ColdBlooded posted:

Six years since Jon Octeus' sick dunk against IU. Still remember losing my mind while watching live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROZdyiRlqFk

RIP Tom Coverdale (I think).

Really hoping IU misses a tournament played entirely in the state of Indiana. The Iowa sweep might save them, but they have a decent chance of losing out:

@Rutgers
Michigan
@Michigan State
@Purdue

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
dropping by to lol heartily at texas blowing a 19 point lead at home

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
The Kentucky-Texas A&M game set for Tuesday has been cancelled. I don't think A&M has played yet in February.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

The Kentucky-Texas A&M game set for Tuesday has been cancelled. I don't think A&M has played yet in February.

They’ve missed seven straight games, and I think all the cancellations were from the A&M side. Arkansas missed out on both games with them, :rip: padding in standings

Feels like A&M is just trying to cancel their season without saying “we are canceling the season”

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am not confidant that northwestern will defeat wisconsin and will instead lose their 13th consecutive basketball game, i will watch this because i am insane.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Garza needs 14 points today to set the Iowa all time scoring record, currently held by Roy Marble (the one from the 80s who played with BJ Armstrong, not Roy Devyn, who also ruled)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MourningView posted:

Garza needs 14 points today to set the Iowa all time scoring record, currently held by Roy Marble (the one from the 80s who played with BJ Armstrong, not Roy Devyn, who also ruled)

He's gonna go down as the greatest Iowa basketball player in history, I hope you're enjoying the ride while it lasts. I've even see a lot of NBA draft mocks having him go in the middle of the second round now. He may carve out a niche there.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Checking the standings and i'm kind of amazed that KU has played 16 conference games and Baylor has played 9.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

MourningView posted:

Iowa's famous Hall of Roys

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kirios posted:

He's gonna go down as the greatest Iowa basketball player in history, I hope you're enjoying the ride while it lasts. I've even see a lot of NBA draft mocks having him go in the middle of the second round now. He may carve out a niche there.

If the shooting holds he could maybe be a bench big but I still wouldn't draft him, the defense would be a disaster. Also probably doesn't have a lot of incentive to gently caress around making peanuts in the g-league when he's going to be one of the most in demand Euro prospects in recent memory. Gonna get very rich from playing basketball either way.

joshsboringlife
Apr 21, 2011

All I did was offer to kill your dog and the next thing I know I am being judged.
What a great game. Go Blue!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Still waiting for the MWC to give us our two forefit wins from New Mexico when they decided to just not play us

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'd like Michigan-tOSU again in the Big Ten / NCAA tournament please.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The 2021 NBA draft is shaping up to be far, far superior to the 2020 draft. Suggs, Cunningham, Mobley, Kuminga or even Moody would have gone #1 last year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/berniewilson/status/1364306735167541249?s=19

Siiiiigh

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The way the season is shaping up, UNC, Duke, and Michigan State are going to make the tournament after all looking like missing it. The only blueblood to miss will be Kentucky, and they'll probably just win the SEC tournament or something.

Fortunately I don't think any of those teams has half a chance of winning out or even making the Final Four but you always gotta cut the head off and bury it to make sure.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
MSU is not going to make it just because they won one game they still suck rear end

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

N: Sahvir Wheeler has UGA's first ever triple-double

V: It only took 100+ years for UGA to have a triple-double

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/dave_matter/status/1364395661001711621?s=21

Mizzou folks how do y’all feel about this? I believe that the general sentiment on this forum around Martin had been “just gotta wait to afford the buyout”, has this season changed any minds about him?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

chaoslord posted:

https://twitter.com/dave_matter/status/1364395661001711621?s=21

Mizzou folks how do y’all feel about this? I believe that the general sentiment on this forum around Martin had been “just gotta wait to afford the buyout”, has this season changed any minds about him?

There is absolutely no way they should be "proactive" about that. If Miami wants to hire him, I will immediately become a Canes fan.

It's clear that the Tigers benefited early on from how old everybody was and the fact that other teams couldn't practice. Now that everyone else has gotten into their own rhythms, they're losing tons of bad games

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I love that Geo Baker had a game like this this season. Awesome to see.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Haha, UNC took on a game against Marquette in Chapel Hill for some reason and dropped it by 13. I think they still make it if they win two more games but hahahahaha.

edit: meanwhile if NC State runs the table from here (they won't) they might yet salvage this season, against all odds.

elentar fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 25, 2021

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

:razorback2: just won its 8th straight SEC game

I’m aware that doesn’t mean all that much but I’ll take it

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
msu broke ayo's nose, he's out until the big 10 tourney

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

mastershakeman posted:

msu broke ayo's nose, he's out until the big 10 tourney
No foul called (live).
https://twitter.com/HoopInformatics/status/1364398370060705793?s=20

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

hell yeah https://twitter.com/CBBonFOX/status/1365006236991692800?s=20

the NCAA announced how it will handle COVID withdrawals from the tournament: the bracket will not be reseeded once announced, so if say Gonzaga has to withdraw they would be replaced by the last at-large team left out of the field. The only exception would be a withdrawal from a one-bid conference, then they would look to that conference to name a replacement. Once the tournament starts, though, no replacements; withdrawals would result in a walkover for the surviving team.

https://twitter.com/DavidWorlock/status/1365013783798775817?s=20

elentar fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 25, 2021

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

It would be really funny if one of the one seeds had to withdraw and another 16 seed got to advance this year

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

that is one hell of a logo https://twitter.com/TheAndyKatz/status/1365100112343666694?s=20

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan is the best team in the country

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I mean no but that sure sucked a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It remains weird that a team that should've lost to Oakland is outright murderfacing pretty drat near everyone.