Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CUYps6AOZ4&hd=1

Xcom Apocalypse, the last of the original xcoms, and the "weird" one. I'm gonna play this game and goons can sign up for various roles to try and SAVE THE EARTH

Agents are pretty much soldiers. In the original plan for the game they would also be pilots but a shitload of features got cut.

Biologists research alien slimes or w/e and won't fight unless the base gets attacked, in which case they can get easily murdered.

Physicists look at computer printouts all day and think of lasers but other than that are the same as boilogists.

Enigneers play with legos and print out new guns but otherwise are the same as researchers.

Pilots are not really "in" in a mechanical sense, but you can rename cars and if you sign up to do it we'll put you in the vehicle you want. This is almost certainly going to be hands-down the most dangerous job during the early game and the starter interceptors and stuff are absolutely trivially destroyed by aliens.

This time will be a little different from the earlier threads, because we're going to do the absolute hardest of the hardcore modes: Superhuman Difficulty, ironman style. No matter what happens there will be zero reloads, even if I accidentally get everyone completely murdered. (one time we accidentally blew up an overpass while driving on it and everyone died. One time i had someone try to jump across a tiny gap and they slipped and fell 9 stories to their death. One time a goon tried to throw a stun grenade and gassed the entire squad, etc etc)

This also means not only is everything more deadly, but the map is actually different. It's completely jam packed with every kind of building and a bunch of organizations who have different agendas and alliances, and not only will the aliens continually try to kill us, if we run afoul of an org we might end up making human enemies. Last time one of the political parties freaked out because we just so happened to cause catastrophic damage to a broadcast tower, so they started sending raids to try and destroy our bases.

Here's our first base:

Jesus, what an abysmal setup. If we get attacked the nerds and the medbay are DIRECTLY next to where hostiles will enter, they can only come through the garage and the purple access lift. We might want to think about replacing those with security stations. We're located at the far west side of the city, could be better positioned, could be worse. We can buy more bases later.

But for now, we need to name the first base: Post what the name should be!

Next is Recruits!
We have 10 agents, and 5 of each kind of nerd. We also have 5 cars for pilots.
:siren: Be warned, if you die in the game you get probated on the forums! To make it fair if I let anyone die I too will be probed! :siren:
Post if you've got the GRIT to INDISCRIMINATELY DESTROY aliens/civilians/gangsters/cops/cultists/houses/farms/apartments/ufos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
I am a bad enough dude to rescue the president

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I heard you were looking for a man of true grit.

I would like to drive or fly something and possibly destroy large sections of the city again.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I want a surprise probe when I eventually die. Throw me to the alien wolves.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Protecting the earth is my passion

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I am a subpar soldier of fortune

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Jihad Joe posted:

I am a bad enough dude to rescue the president

in. you got a specific loadout you're thinking of, otherwise i'm gonna put goons on machinegun duty until they get decent accuracy. Also I can change faces/genders if anyone wants

zenguitarman posted:

I heard you were looking for a man of true grit.

I would like to drive or fly something and possibly destroy large sections of the city again.

Any particulars?

the APC at the bottom is probably going to get the most use for a long time, gotta get these goons transported. The flying interceptors are probably going to get shot down immediately. The middle three are sorta-ok cars that'll probably end up as small time transports for littler bases, assuming they don't get vaporized before then.

mind the walrus posted:

I want a surprise probe when I eventually die. Throw me to the alien wolves.

Also in. same as anyone else i can configure your deets, otherwise you get this except machine gun

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just call me babby driver

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If I make it in I'd like to do heavy weapons of that's a thing here.
Else, dealer's choice.
Randomize the face and such that's fine

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I wish to fight, and when possible I wish to be armed with the cursed sword once again.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Give me that machine gun baby.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Protecting the earth is my passion

Big Beef City posted:

I am a subpar soldier of fortune

Big Beef City posted:

If I make it in I'd like to do heavy weapons of that's a thing here.
Else, dealer's choice.
Randomize the face and such that's fine

Hooboy

your stats blow but gently caress it blowing poo poo up is where we're going with this. I'll fine tune the loadouts for real when the first mission starts but right now you're gonna be belting out explosive autocannon rounds

Mozi posted:

just call me babby driver

Same as zen, do you have anything in particular you wanna drive?

Angry Diplomat posted:

I wish to fight, and when possible I wish to be armed with the cursed sword once again.

in. the cursed blade doesn't come out for a little while, so for now you'll need to pick some other kind of weapon. The closest thing we have to melee is the stun grapple / pistol.

mind the walrus posted:

Give me that machine gun baby.

got you

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That Mindy T. Walrus is one hot mama.
:stwoon:

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Feeling lucky with the interceptors, but I'll take the big apc

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Oops quote edit

zenguitarman fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 20, 2021

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

zenguitarman posted:

Feeling lucky with the interceptors, but I'll take the big apc

loaded in. When we get a chance we'll be upgrading your engines. Right now your gun options are either the 12 pack of missiles you have now or machine gun module. If we survive long enough you can get upgraded more than that.

Right now we got 5 agents, 15 nerds of various flavors, and 3 cars we can load up. Mozi will probably end up as the big interceptor unless they chime in wanting something else. That's an important vehicle we have to have at least one of at all times.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Can I be a biologist?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

in. the cursed blade doesn't come out for a little while, so for now you'll need to pick some other kind of weapon. The closest thing we have to melee is the stun grapple / pistol.

I will use whichever weapon is the most indiscriminate until the blade can inflict its bloodlust upon me.

Plumps
Apr 21, 2010
I will pilot the flimsiest vehicle we have at maximum speed toward the enemy

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm broke, so I'll take any job. I'm also dumb, so I'm probably a grunt armed with explosives.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
Put me in coach. I’ll be an engineer playing with Lego.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Put me in coach. I’d like to be a sniper so I can miss in spectacular ways but until then, give me a machine gun :black101:

Edit ^lol

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
Give me the most useless gun you got please

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Can I be a biologist?

In as team lead. I didn't mod your research skill you just naturally are an 100% effective lab tech. In order to do literally anything you guys will need more samples and so i have you figuring out how to safely transport them

Angry Diplomat posted:

I will use whichever weapon is the most indiscriminate until the blade can inflict its bloodlust upon me.

either machine gun or something that blows up. we'll figure it out.

Plumps posted:

I will pilot the flimsiest vehicle we have at maximum speed toward the enemy

good choice. It's the ideal mix of poor quality gun mounts, low mod slots, lovely engines, and small passenger space. The worst of all possible worlds!

Electric Hobo posted:

I'm broke, so I'll take any job. I'm also dumb, so I'm probably a grunt armed with explosives.

Cracker King posted:

Put me in coach. I’ll be an engineer playing with Lego.

in. you also are a very skilled technician, but because we don't have any blueprints you literally have no job responsibilities right now, you don't even have to go down to the workshop if you don't want.

best bale posted:

Put me in coach. I’d like to be a sniper so I can miss in spectacular ways but until then, give me a machine gun :black101:

Edit ^lol

Grundma posted:

Give me the most useless gun you got please

we have space for 2 more agents, 2 more pilots, and 12 more nerds. Once the agents are filled out then we'll consider our first mission and where to go from there

also nobody had any votes for naming the base, it's a warehouse where the front door faces a recycling plant, and out back is a sewage treatment plant. Everything else nearby is needlessly-complicated overpasses and what appears to be the front for a criminal enterprise.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
We should have a sign outside that says Flats Fixed.

For immersion

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Signing up to be an engineer as poor goons get turned into mulch by the dozens. In the rear with the gear, you feel me?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Name the base Adult Fun Superstore. The aliens will never see through our clever ruse.

Plumps
Apr 21, 2010
Can i get out and fight or am i just a bunch of talking LEDs like in knight rider?

If i can exit the vehicle i'd like a grenade in each hand and no armour

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Angry Diplomat posted:

Name the base Adult Fun Superstore. The aliens will never see through our clever ruse.

You don't want to attract some entertainment starved skel into the base!
Call it 'Warren Office Supplies wholesalers '.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

By popular demand posted:

You don't want to attract some entertainment starved skel into the base!
Call it 'Warren Office Supplies wholesalers '.

Let's compromise with Office Fun Wholestore.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Or better yet, 'Metropolis Internal Revenue Service' -people wouldn't be able to go away fast enough.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

By popular demand posted:

Or better yet, 'Metropolis Internal Revenue Service' -people wouldn't be able to go away fast enough.

Yeah this one's good actually, let's do this

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Galewolf posted:

Signing up to be an engineer as poor goons get turned into mulch by the dozens. In the rear with the gear, you feel me?

Plumps posted:

Can i get out and fight or am i just a bunch of talking LEDs like in knight rider?

If i can exit the vehicle i'd like a grenade in each hand and no armour

knight rider. Originally it was supposed to be agents had other stats bars, and one was pilot. There was also stuff like interrogation and other crazy poo poo, but it was all cut.
If you live long enough we can download the AI engrams to a better vehicle or if you wanna switch to something else there are androids we can get if we're lucky.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Yeah this one's good actually, let's do this

we can change it whenever if we want

Currently down to 2 agents, 12 nerds, 2 pilots remain.
I want all hands on deck for mission 1 who knows what sicko poo poo could be out there and i never played hardcore mode before.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

sign me up commander, idc where i go or what i am, i will love me regardless

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

alright we just need one more goon for the 10 starters and we can decide what the first mission will be

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Just put Pvt. Redshirt in, he's very eager to prove himself.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Put me in boss, I''ll die for my country or die trying!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
-You destroyed an entire building to get one x-ray!!
-You're welcome :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Same as zen, do you have anything in particular you wanna drive?

i'll do a car