Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Elderbean posted:

Not gonna lie, I remember laughing at The Pest when I was a little kid and it was on TV but as an adult I always knew it was something dreadful that I should never revisit.

When it came out we rented it and....even as the target audience of easily-amused 17 year-olds, we were all still embarrassed as that intro dragged on and on and on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I remember The Pest coming up on HBO when I was sick from school, watching the intro, and me being like, "No. No, I'm good."

Movies I did watch at home:
--Memoirs of an Invisible Man
--Nothing But Trouble
--Richotet
--Freaked

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

When it came out we rented it and....even as the target audience of easily-amused 17 year-olds, we were all still embarrassed as that intro dragged on and on and on.

I was 8, so it says a lot about the movies writing lmao.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Next week's episode is about a 90's thriller starring Brosnan that I never heard of , " Live wire " , so I checked and its up on youtube in its entirety .
And it is a stupid ridiculous movie, I loving loved it .

admataY fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 20, 2021

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

admataY posted:

Next week's episode is about a 90's thriller starring Brosnan that I never heard of , " Live wire " , so I checked and its up on youtube in its entirety .
And it is a stupid ridiculous movie, I loving loved it .

I watched this a few months ago and the title is very misleading as no one gets electrocuted instead its explosion juice that turns your eyes to blood and makes your insides fire then you explode

Its worth a watch and a tall glass of water(?)

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 21, 2021

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Holy poo poo this movie. I remember a judge drinking the explosion water and nothing else.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I watched this a few months ago and the title is very misleading as no one gets electrocuted instead its explosion juice that turns your eyes to blood and makes your insides fire then you explode

Its worth a watch and a tall glass of water(?)

Oh so it's about the Mountain Dew flavor :v:

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Tony Plana is great in the season 1 episode of Miami Vice “Give a Little, Take a Little”, which also features Terry O’Quinn, a babyfaced Michael Madsen, and Burt Young really taking an accent for a walk.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
How can you not like the guy who was the voice of Sid the Sloth?

(Sorry, this is what I remember Leguizamo most for)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

How can you not like the guy who was the voice of Sid the Sloth?

(Sorry, this is what I remember Leguizamo most for)

Look up pest opening

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm glad I watched Live Wire before the ep or I would've thought the guys where exaggerating how often characters in the movie talk about Pierce Bronson's cheating on him. If anything, they were downplaying it.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I am going through some old mail bag episodes and on one they started talking about the movie Supernova and how jacked James Spader is so I looked it up on my phone, went huh he did get jacked and turned off my phone. Later one of my co workers asked me to use my phone so I unlocked it and gave it to him and then had to explain why I had looked up topless James Spader photos.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

B-Rock452 posted:

I am going through some old mail bag episodes and on one they started talking about the movie Supernova and how jacked James Spader is so I looked it up on my phone, went huh he did get jacked and turned off my phone. Later one of my co workers asked me to use my phone so I unlocked it and gave it to him and then had to explain why I had looked up topless James Spader photos.

This is funny

Tac Dibar
Apr 7, 2009

B-Rock452 posted:

You can write about your experience to the mailbag.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Livewire is a movie I saw on Cinemax like 20 years ago late at night and I always remembered the exploding clown guy and Bronson pushing the guy in a wheelchair until he exploded and could never remember the name of and this episode made it all flood back in such a delightful way.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
For context, re Spader.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

For context, re Spader.

The real question is why wouldn't you have that image on your phone.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

MariusLecter posted:

For context, re Spader.

This looks like it set in the future but why are his pants so like he's fighting WW2

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I had to look up that photo myself just now, because I swear to god I thought this was a joke photoshop of Spader's head on Hugh Jackman's body from the first X-men (before he got all juiced in the sequels).

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
In anticipation of Once in a Lifetime, I'm relistening to the Cyber Seduction episode, and this is an all time banger. I'm amazed that I was able to survive the Pennsylvania Turnpike the first time I listened to this one.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I really hope they do their research for Once in a Lifetime, with such a limited podcast release schedule and Lifetime's wildly distorted signal-to-noise ratio I'm afraid of them getting stuck doing multiple stinkers :ohdear:

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

DoombatINC posted:

I really hope they do their research for Once in a Lifetime, with such a limited podcast release schedule and Lifetime's wildly distorted signal-to-noise ratio I'm afraid of them getting stuck doing multiple stinkers :ohdear:

I mean at least initially they can focus on what Eric remembers from working there. That's how we got Cyber Seduction

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

DoombatINC posted:

I don’t envy their choice come Christmas time.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Warriors of Virtue was genuinely one of the most painful watches for this podcast. Listener request month never fails to deliver on the most unwatchable nonsense.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DoombatINC posted:

They said that there will be a lot of Eric Roberts

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Perfection, can't wait for later this month.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

They said that there will be a lot of Eric Roberts

Well I'd certainly hope so, he's the longest running slasher villain of the Lifetime Movie Network :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Jep_m1WRI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ZBGhyqAOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqtMmK_N-us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kam5U4TcCok

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DoombatINC posted:

Well I'd certainly hope so, he's the longest running slasher villain of the Lifetime Movie Network :D

I thought that was man

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought that was man

It is equally often Woman Trying To Steal Your Child / Man / Life, with a margin of error of Your Obsessed Classmate With A Mysterious Past

I have maybe watched too many Lifetime movies

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DoombatINC posted:

It is equally often Woman Trying To Steal Your Child / Man / Life, with a margin of error of Your Obsessed Classmate With A Mysterious Past

I have maybe watched too many Lifetime movies

To paraphrase from the Cyber Seduction episode, they're all "some woman's worst nightmare"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Holy God, Secretary is on HBO Max. Out of curiosity, I put it on, and 25 minutes in I was already writing a listener request to WHM. They HAVE to cover this movie. Not only does it have a young and very off-putting James Spader in it, I'm almost positive it was the inspiration for Fifty Shades of Grey.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Holy God, Secretary is on HBO Max. Out of curiosity, I put it on, and 25 minutes in I was already writing a listener request to WHM. They HAVE to cover this movie. Not only does it have a young and very off-putting James Spader in it, I'm almost positive it was the inspiration for Fifty Shades of Grey.

I was/am obsessed with that movie and that’s side order of sleaze country. Big “awakening” film for ol teen witch.

However I think 50 Shades is based off of Twilight fanfic I poo poo you not. I’m fine if they never cover that dreck.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

teen witch posted:

I was/am obsessed with that movie and that’s side order of sleaze country. Big “awakening” film for ol teen witch.

However I think 50 Shades is based off of Twilight fanfic I poo poo you not. I’m fine if they never cover that dreck.

Spader's character in the film is even NAMED "Edward Grey"; there is no way it's 100% a coincidence.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yeah, if I recall correctly 50 shades started as Twilight fan fiction. It's my understanding that it takes place in Seattle, and is clearly written by someone who has never been to Seattle, nor done more than 10 minutes of research into Seattle.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I watched Goodfellas for the first time last night!

What a movie, Paul Sorvino is such a presence.

edit:
Since the kid was in earshot i did have to sometimes switch to spanish audio with english subs so that made for an interesting experience

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 1, 2021

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

teen witch posted:

It did start as Twilight fanfic, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changed after seeing Secretary. It can be inspired by two things.

If they covered it, that would be some serious, "Advanced WHM", like Blame It On Rio. Or, yeah, Side Order of Sleaze. Good movie, but yikes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I watched The Pest in preparation for the episode.

MISTAKE. BIG MISTAKE.

Just an awful, awful movie with no redeeming qualities except being under 90 minutes.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The Pest episode did not disappoint, holy poo poo they are miserable

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Duckula posted:

Warriors of Virtue was genuinely one of the most painful watches for this podcast. Listener request month never fails to deliver on the most unwatchable nonsense.

hrm, never heard of it, let's see what wikipedia has to s-

quote:

Film critic Kale Klein of the Carlsbad Current-Argus was so physically distressed by the film that he actually vomited during the initial screenings
:catstare:

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Difference being that BDSM people actually liked Secretary at the time, though a lot of the community is none too fond of it these days.

Rageaholic posted:

I watched The Pest in preparation for the episode.

MISTAKE. BIG MISTAKE.

Just an awful, awful movie with no redeeming qualities except being under 90 minutes.

Confession: I haven't seen The Pest since VHS release and two things live rent-free in my head still. One is how cringey the opening is, and the other is the line reading of "use my socks...at least they're cottony swoft"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I couldn't make it through The Pest opening the other day and I liked that garbage when I was 8. We see a lot of our past through rose colored glasses but that's a movie I've never wanted to go back to.