Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Any hero is cool as long as they DO something. Lifestealer and Gyro are boring as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The only good Lifestealer play was RTZs 1v5.

Tinker is cool and good (again, until he is actually viable.)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Iceberg is tilted lol

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Iceberg is tilted lol

Surely they won’t be in top jungle again, surely they won’t be in top jungle again...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have no idea how Na'Vi can even fight into Spirit's lineup without an absolutely perfect engage. I wasn't watching the draft did Spirit do anything specific to mess with them?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao yeah this game is over, what an absolute draft dumpstering

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

so now on Thursday spirit plays unique with the following on the line

If Spirit wins they're guaranteed a tiebreak with the winner of ASM.Gambit/Extremum for the major wild card spot, and Unique has to play a tiebreak with Empire with the loser being relegated
If Unique wins they avoid a tiebreak with Empire for relegation and Spirit finishes out of the major

ASM/Ext is on Friday followed by Na'Vi vs VP. I'm not sure if the latter is just winner gets a bye to the playoffs and loser goes to the group stage or not. The tiebreakers say Bo1s are only for major/no major and relegation/no relegation but other regions have games for every threshold so I'm not sure if they just haven't been updated on the CiS page.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's saddening that high quality na dota cannot come close to breaking 10k viewers on twitch.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Reality Protester posted:

it's saddening that high quality na dota cannot come close to breaking 10k viewers on twitch.

4 zoomers/Undying isn't for another hour or so

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It is kinda weird how bad Sadboys turned out to be.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL Goobusters posted:

It is kinda weird how bad Sadboys turned out to be.

I'm not really sure it's that weird considering who's on the team. Fear hasn't been good for a couple years now, ppd's drafts get dragged a lot too.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
dude ocean and gunnar are both so loving good. brax and husky also own. sammyboy is uhhhh maybe too aggressive

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Dazzle position 3 with a morphling giving PA permanent invincibility.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

how in the world is magic damage Troll a real build

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Monkey King is carrying incredibly hard right now. it's the only thing going for his team and he's doing it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Team Undying is looking pretty good for a team whose existence I learned of today. I always impressed by Bryle on past teams.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm glad undying won because it sets up the possibility of a three way tie for first if they beat Quincy Crew

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
NA region has actually been exciting to watch. sadboys might get knocked into lower division, the tie breakers are also insane. I’ve only been watching NA and EU though, need to watch some highlights from other regions. I will say watching OG get slapped around by liquid was very satisfying to watch.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sab669 posted:

13:40 gg loving what. Is that the fastest win in pro dota ever? What games were faster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhbOcI-y8QE

(TobiWan warning)

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Carry wisp in PuckChamp vs. B8 game 2

Unfortunately it’s almost over (B8 is bad)

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

rjmccall posted:

B8 is bad

I wanted to believe in my country... :negative:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Arkosh gonna win a game because the enemy carry disconnected, ya hate to see it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Arkosh gonna win a game because the enemy carry disconnected, ya hate to see it

normally yes but lmao that it happened to Felt

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I frequently do not understand liquipedia editors

OG is also tied for third here because the dividing line is tiebreaker games (and also they RPS'd each other)

Nigma/HCE and Liquid/Alliance are tomorrow, with OG/Secret Wednesday. Realistically, to get to the Major OG needs Alliance to beat Liquid to force a three team tiebreaker for fourth at 3-4 with Tundra because the only way they beat Secret to get to 4-3 is if Secret fucks around with dumb drafts since they already clinched the #1 seed.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

IcePhoenix posted:

I frequently do not understand liquipedia editors

OG is also tied for third here because the dividing line is tiebreaker games (and also they RPS'd each other)

Nigma/HCE and Liquid/Alliance are tomorrow, with OG/Secret Wednesday. Realistically, to get to the Major OG needs Alliance to beat Liquid to force a three team tiebreaker for fourth at 3-4 with Tundra because the only way they beat Secret to get to 4-3 is if Secret fucks around with dumb drafts since they already clinched the #1 seed.

There's no way Secret is going to screw around that series. They have a change to dumpster OG and they are full on going to take advantage of it (I love OG, but I'd love a chance to flex on them).

The end of this group stage is basically an E/N for a bunch of teams.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
tbf, og might just randomly show up to play against secret. their players definitely have the capacity to beat secret, theyre just way too high variance.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sampatrick posted:

tbf, og might just randomly show up to play against secret. their players definitely have the capacity to beat secret, theyre just way too high variance.

maybe, but if Secret is playing well I'm not sure even top form OG can beat them right now

EU lower division might have a fun tiebreak scenario, if Hellbear Smashers beats Spider Pigz tomorrow then three teams will be tied for first at 6-1, so they'd have to tiebreak to eliminate one of them since only two can advance to D1.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Holy gently caress what a series of jukes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HCE looking good so far

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh no chessie

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
KURO GOD

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That rosh fight is pretty much game over I think

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
mind control almost died to ursa cleave damage xd

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lol w33ha

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
gh and kuro are actually carrying the rest of nigma so drat hard holy poo poo. miracle and w33 are trading throws like its nobody's business

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Sampatrick posted:

gh and kuro are actually carrying the rest of nigma so drat hard holy poo poo. miracle and w33 are trading throws like its nobody's business

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

w33 has been particularly awful

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Sampatrick posted:

There's a reasonable chance that today while screensharing during work, someone asked me to schedule a meeting for tomorrow afternoon and I may have alt+tabbed to and sscreenshared the Dreamleague schedule and checked the Secret/OG game time before confirming the meeting time.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

TheRat posted:

w33 has been particularly awful

i mean, miracle has been single handedly losing the entire game since like 25 minutes in. he spent 6.6k gold on an abyssal that has done stone cold nothing because he gets black holed every single fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
gh carried that game so incredibly hard holy poo poo. game winning relo save over and over again. what a player