Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

I was making fun of people saying "if you don't like all cavalry just don't play Bretonnia"

e: mon dieu this is an awful snipe. if only I had had some kind of T2 archer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Brettonia should get bloated corpses except they yell “For the Lady!” before they explode. If you need a tactical reason I guess they open up lines in infantry for the cavalry to break through.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Careful what you wish for Bretonnia peasants, you'll end up with a DLC that you get a bunch of archers and war wagons instead of anything cool or useful like Wizard Lords, Master Engineers or opposite day Mortis engines.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I wish the war wagon with Helblasters was a unit you could recruit outside of regiments of renown :allears:

I want an all mobile artillery helblaster army :getin:

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Collapsing Farts posted:

I wish the war wagon with Helblasters was a unit you could recruit outside of regiments of renown :allears:

I want an all mobile artillery helblaster army :getin:

There's a mod on the workshop for this. They aren't as good as the RoR version but there's also hochland long rifle and grenadier versions. They are incredibly fun. Marius needs no infantry or siege equipment unless it's pulled by a horse.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The fuckin blasterwagon is probably the most broken unit in the game tbh

Clearly brettonia needs a version without the wagon, just helblasters on horses straight up

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Psycho Landlord posted:

just trebuchets on horses straight up

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Collapsing Farts posted:

Just blessed trebuchets on horses straight up

Now we talkin

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Anyone got a growth mod that works for SFO? That mod, and I understand the base game now, expect you to reach mid tier after like 50 goddamn turns

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Mounted Blessed Trebuchet(Barding)(Scattershot)(Grail Knight Ammo)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Noir89 posted:

Mounted Blessed Trebuchet(Barding)(Scattershot)(Grail Knight Ammo)

(Shields)

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

With perfect vigor :getin:

Communist Thoughts posted:

Anyone got a growth mod that works for SFO? That mod, and I understand the base game now, expect you to reach mid tier after like 50 goddamn turns

I use the higher starting settlement tier mod rather than a growth mod, personally. Gets me into the good poo poo sooner but doesn't make it too easy to get said good poo poo on the frontlines whenever I want. I play mostly vanilla but I think it has an SFO version.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 22, 2021

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

its particularly bad as throgg, afaik i cant get trolls for aaaaaages

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

it's loving wild for Tomb Kings too. I completed the campaign without ever unlocking tier 5 units, just over 100 turns in.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I just want Bretonnia to have cool monster units. What if we give them Trolls, Giants, and Dragons?

These of course will all be on horseback.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

just give em a really loving big horse

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Grail knight reliquary but they're carrying an entire church.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I really wish SFO did not do what it did with the building tree. Negative modifiers scattered hither and thither is not interesting in the least, and its not even superior to vanilla as it's taken a boring decision and made it a boring decision with friction. If I'm building walls I am forgoing an economic slot already! You don't need to stack negative income on top of it! Ah, the elf public order building has -1% replenishment, how loreful! I've kept my grudges low and now all my armies move slower! But it's worth it, because once I've maxed out a settlement I can make a building that unlocks a technology that increases a units upkeep and unlocks another set of techs that add a mix of positive and negative modifiers! My high level hero can max out an ability that gives +3 melee attack (but only when the army itself is attacking, you see).

Forged by Finn Fiddlin', the god of fiddly mechanics himself. And yet I still play it, because it captures some of that new game feel and every time I get fed up I return with a renewed appreciation for vanilla

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://youtu.be/IJMPqZxiYgY

https://youtu.be/XiDF0WDO2mA

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Just machine guns strapped on horses.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
A horse riding a horse

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Grail reliquae but they're carrying a live grail knight

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

And it's the Grail Knights' birthday so they're all singing "For he's a jolly good fellow"

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Fangz posted:

A horse riding a horse

just increasing tiers of horse-on-horse pyramids, cheerleader style.

tier 1: just a horse
tier 2: 2x2 square with 1 horse on top
tier 5: 5x5 square of horses supporting 4, 3, 2, 1-square stacks.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

He'd very much like to go home but it would require talking to the peasants and he's just not going to do that.

Grail Knights and their groupies are hilarious in that way. The knight tries not to encourage them or talk to them, they take that as reasons to invent reasons the knight totally values their service, and sometimes they form a weird symbiotic relationship where the peasants do, in fact, end up a highly effective team of sidekicks to the knight by sheer happenstance.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I'm sending in all these Bretonnia suggestions to CA. No response yet, for some reason.

A Cygor-like monster with 2 eyes that throws horses. Having only one eye would be too similar to the Beastmen unit. Also, I have a hard time believing you could throw a horse with only one eye.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
You can throw a horse that has one eye as easy as a horse with two or three

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

To make sieges better, use a Trojan Horse.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

My friends, simply turn off taxes in a settlement and pay everyone by conquering your neighbors. Turning off taxes boosts growth a lot!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Nvm joke didn't quite work.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

jokes posted:

My friends, simply turn off taxes in a settlement and pay everyone by conquering your neighbors. Turning off taxes boosts growth a lot!

I hate seeing proven to be false libertarian nonsense in my videogames and this is why I won't use SFO.

That and it makes battles into a slog and slows down the campaign even more.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Fellatio del Toro posted:

just give em a really loving big horse

There's a 'dragon-sized-horse & horse-sized-dragon' joke here I can't quite put my finger on..

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

trojan horse full of horses riding horses siege engine

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Bretonia is actually a faction of horses. All the various knights and riders is just Bretonian take on different wargear options. :colbert:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

new peasant only faction led by a peasant in an obviously fake lord outfit, cavalry units are two peasants in a horse costume with a scarecrow knight on top

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I really think that if they simply gave Bretonnian peasants halberds, Bretonnia would be the pre-eminent world power.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

jokes posted:

I really think that if they simply gave Bretonnian peasants halberds, Bretonnian peasants would be the pre-eminent world power.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
We need the Yellow Turban Rebellion but more French.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
What about a tiny dragon riding a really large horse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

What Brettonia needs is Grail Knights that throw their lances