Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

oxsnard posted:

a thing to keep an eye on is the dollar index, it's gone between 90-100 for loving ever. It's approaching 90 now. I fully expect it to bounce back in the next year but if it goes an stays below 90 it'll be chaos

It looks like it was below 90 for an entire decade from 2004-2014 and I don't remember any chaos. What would happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

oxsnard posted:

i know someone who is an actual genius who got his bachelors and phd in mathematics in 7 years, got a job at Bridgewater and then had a breakdown a few years later. He now is a fisherman in Alaska. Anyways, he said that the average client there (net worth in the 10s of millions) was less concerned with loss of principal and more worried about losing ground to the poors. If inflation spills over, rich people will melt the gently caress down lol

Man, being a fisherman in Alaska sounds relaxing.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

Man, being a fisherman in Alaska sounds relaxing.

Unless Exxon comes along and destroys your livelihood like the Valdez Spill did, because they'll keep your settlements in litigation until you're financially ruined.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
in other news, Bolsonaro said the gas prices hikes were a communist plan to overthrow him, replaced Petrobras' (state oil company) director for a general, stocks opened at -20% and the brazilian stock etf is down 5% lmao

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Unless Exxon comes along and destroys your livelihood like the Valdez Spill did, because they'll keep your settlements in litigation until you're financially ruined.

a megacorp showing up and destroying your life out of pure spite and villainy can happen to anyone at any time, though. might as well do something you enjoy in the meantime. just try not to enjoy the simple things too obviously, that attracts them.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Often Abbreviated posted:

a megacorp showing up and destroying your life out of pure spite and villainy can happen to anyone at any time, though. might as well do something you enjoy in the meantime. just try not to enjoy the simple things too obviously, that attracts them.

Fact. I just want to walk around in the woods and be happy but they caught on and decided to build a pipeline through the appalachian trail :(

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzM0LzybwG4&t=199s

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gah!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MysteriousStranger posted:

I've known him for 20 loving years and did a few tours with him, we are tight. They rent in the same building we do so we see each other daily. The two women are thick as thieves and going in on starting a food truck together when this all ends and are practically inseperable. As things are now there are multiple nights a week where they take over one apartment and do their yoga and we takeover another and play the vidya games. We all go grocery shopping together as a group and take turns cooking for who goes to whos apartment so I'm not really worried that a year or so in we will all up and decide we hate each other.

If anything the greater fear is that both of the gals are very type-a and will take over completely but I'm fine with that.

time to open er up (wallet? marriage?) :shrug:

Apr 7, 2003

I've known him for 20 loving years and did a few tours with him, we are tight. They rent in the same building we do so we see each other daily. The two women are thick as thieves and going in on starting a food truck together when this all ends and are practically inseperable. As things are now there are multiple nights a week where they take over one apartment and do their yoga and we takeover another and play the vidya games. We all go grocery shopping together as a group and take turns cooking for who goes to whos apartment so I'm not really worried that a year or so in we will all up and decide we hate each other.

If anything the greater fear is that both of the gals are very type-a and will take over completely but I'm fine with that.

It's extremely cool that educated professionals in their thirties need to room up like this

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

It's extremely cool that educated professionals in their thirties need to room up like this
it's more common for me to know someone that lives with roommates than not

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Its funny how being inside all the crisis makes them hard to really appreciate. Looking back from the wastelands in 20 years will be very eye opening.

Apr 7, 2003

Source4Leko posted:

Its funny how being inside all the crisis makes them hard to really appreciate. Looking back from the wastelands in 20 years will be very eye opening.

We'll look back and envy these years lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuTSAeFhdZU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

lusting for the days of chaos.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

fits my needs posted:

everyone makes fun of polycules but those guys are gonna be the only people that can afford housing without going insane in the coming years

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Source4Leko posted:

its the periods between the crisis that bug me. when shits going down i find that very exciting. but when there are a few weeks between new crisis it feels like the system is shambling along and might survive.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2twY8YQYDBE

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

fits my needs posted:

we engaged so soon, once covid ends.

A lovely townhome is like 1.5 mil, a good town home with a tiny back yard is like 2+. So, four people paying. Get the one full of cat piss that needs a year of work and me and my boy renovate it while we live there and make it how we want?

I wouldn't do it with anyone else but I went through a lot of poo poo with my friend and the girls are besties so I think we can pull it off.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

mila kunis posted:

everyone makes fun of polycules but those guys are gonna be the only people that can afford housing without going insane in the coming years

It's not a poly relationship by any stretch. But I did "the never ending wars" with him and the two gals are yoga and martial arts buddies so it just sort of works? They live three floors down from us. We can get a three floor town house with a yard and basement (so four floors?) if we pool funds.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
living with friends kicks rear end

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

bagual posted:

and the brazilian stock etf is down 5% lmao

Good old EWZ always a rollercoaster but that IV% calls to me

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

it's more common for me to know someone that lives with roommates than not

the only people I know who live alone got units a decade or so ago and have clung on to rent control, or live in terrible basement units

I know more people who live with their parents than I do people who live alone especially after 2020

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
lmao, tesla

it's gonna be ugly from here on out, maintaining a 800 billion market cap takes more than meme energy and cultists

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

oxsnard posted:

lmao, tesla

it's gonna be ugly from here on out, maintaining a 800 billion market cap takes more than meme energy and cultists

Meme energy and cultists got their guy to be President, I'm not counting anything out anymore.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

oxsnard posted:

lmao, tesla

hire tim apple imo

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

net work error posted:

Meme energy and cultists got their guy to be President, I'm not counting anything out anymore.

:hmmyes:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
from a pure market mechanics standpoint, maintaining a parabolic rise is impossible regardless.

reflexivity hits on the upside and downside

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

It's not a poly relationship by any stretch. But I did "the never ending wars" with him and the two gals are yoga and martial arts buddies so it just sort of works? They live three floors down from us. We can get a three floor town house with a yard and basement (so four floors?) if we pool funds.

I have actually seen this in the wild work out with a small variant: nobody was in a relationship. It was a group of five friends who all knew each other from various points in time stretching from high school to grad school all finding themselves at the same job site and deciding to go in on a sweet house together. They were all pulling doing 100k+ and living in rural SC and their house was goddamn huge. It was always fun visiting them.

I asked them how they managed it, and the (not official leader of that social group) said that she and her friends all went to a lawyer and bought the house as equal share partners with an agreement to take on the debt of the any of the others who wanted to leave (i.e get married start a family). I often visited to cook for them as they were my go-to dog sitters when I flew out to see my wife, who was finishing med school at the time several states away.

Best dogsitters ever. They spoiled the hell out of my pupper.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the Apple car is going to be so good. finally someone who knows what theyre doing with UX design

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

mistermojo posted:

the Apple car is going to be so good. finally someone who knows what theyre doing with UX design

If there isn't a right to repair law on the books you won't be able to so much as change the air filters

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Joey Steel posted:

I have actually seen this in the wild work out with a small variant: nobody was in a relationship. It was a group of five friends who all knew each other from various points in time stretching from high school to grad school all finding themselves at the same job site and deciding to go in on a sweet house together. They were all pulling doing 100k+ and living in rural SC and their house was goddamn huge. It was always fun visiting them.

I asked them how they managed it, and the (not official leader of that social group) said that she and her friends all went to a lawyer and bought the house as equal share partners with an agreement to take on the debt of the any of the others who wanted to leave (i.e get married start a family). I often visited to cook for them as they were my go-to dog sitters when I flew out to see my wife, who was finishing med school at the time several states away.

Best dogsitters ever. They spoiled the hell out of my pupper.

Yeah all four of us are hauling down 1xx,xxx money. The women are by far the leaders of the group and I did Iraq and Afghanistan with my friend so I'm not worried about cutting and running on this. It's logical and I think we are going to jump on it.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

I was in a poly MFF relationship for a couple years, it seemed awesome for a while and even seemed practical from a "weathering the coming economic storm" perspective. All the guys I worked with thought I was the man for being with two beautiful women, but in reality it was extremely difficult for us to maintain relationship stability, and that was with constant meetings and individual therapists. It boiled over right at the start of the pandemic, still feeling emotional trauma from it to this day.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

bagual posted:

in other news, Bolsonaro said the gas prices hikes were a communist plan to overthrow him, replaced Petrobras' (state oil company) director for a general, stocks opened at -20% and the brazilian stock etf is down 5% lmao

he did the dumb af thing? why I am not surprised

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

“Girl, the customer is NOT always right, inshallah”

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah all four of us are hauling down 1xx,xxx money. The women are by far the leaders of the group and I did Iraq and Afghanistan with my friend so I'm not worried about cutting and running on this. It's logical and I think we are going to jump on it.

hope you do a paternity test on your wife's kids. or not, that's cool too.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mistermojo posted:

i cant wait for my car to crash as often as my PC

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

there is no real estate deal good enough that would convince me to enter into it with anyone other than a lawfully wed spouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

human garbage bag posted:

hope you do a paternity test on your wife's kids. or not, that's cool too.

It's not a poly relationship, and she's 45, she can't have kids