Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

ketchup vs catsup posted:

random: does anyone have the Nate Robinson animated gif of him doing the I can't describe what he's doing in the Knicks tunnel as the game goes to commercial?

you know the one.

lol I forgot about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
https://twitter.com/ChaseHughesNBCS/status/1364135613033775105

That's...weird but I guess if the players really weren't clear or bought into what they should be doing that's one way to do it. Not a great endorsement of Scotty Brooks though.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

the worst news of 2021
https://twitter.com/957thegame/status/1364323445249478659?s=21

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

https://twitter.com/ChaseHughesNBCS/status/1364135613033775105

That's...weird but I guess if the players really weren't clear or bought into what they should be doing that's one way to do it. Not a great endorsement of Scotty Brooks though.

That's not Scotty's job though, his job is to take the whole drat team down to the best ice cream parlor in the city

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

I still can't believe people pay Kendrick Perkins to talk about basketball. That guy is such trash and ruins everything he touches lol

All championship roleplayers get more or less overrated, but nobody did an easier job of it than Perkins' "be large and stand where KG tells you". That whole team lasted a few years past what they should have, but the Mavs later didn't get that, probably because most of them were really old, except the unfortunate Rodrigue Buckets.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

cisneros posted:

All championship roleplayers get more or less overrated, but nobody did an easier job of it than Perkins' "be large and stand where KG tells you". That whole team lasted a few years past what they should have, but the Mavs later didn't get that, probably because most of them were really old, except the unfortunate Rodrigue Buckets.

Ryan Hollins gets paid to talk about basketball, all that really matters is if you're composed enough to do TV and are willing to say some outlandish poo poo

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

cisneros posted:

Brooks' insistence on keeping Perkins in the starting lineup for the 2012 Finals is a big reason why they lost in 5.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

xbilkis posted:

Everyone agrees I'm one of the best defensive minds in basketball. I merely choose to work unpaid for a MAC team

Maybe I have Boylen Derangement Syndrome but I feel like even his defense was just a gimmick that had ok results because it was atypical for the league / teams weren't taking the Bulls seriously. I have too many memories of games where a team would figure out how to easily exploit the hard blitzing action around the third quarter and pull away while the Bulls made no adjustments

hmmm does anyone watch Portland games? Terry Stotts brought in Sloop Jimmy B during training camp to drill their "help-side defense," I know they're one of the worst defensive teams in the league but maybe they have some fuckin absolutely lockdown team friendship stuff happening on their rotations

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

Honestly, he was an abyssmal coach overall but last season the Bulls team was playing better defense than you'd expect from their roster. If he managed to not completely sabotage himself and immediately lose his locker room he'd have been fine. But, you know. He didn't.

Kibner posted:

His defense worked well against poor offensive teams last season but was obliterated by good offensive teams because they could exploit the over-aggression.

Yeah, it's specifically why when you look at the splits for the Bulls between the half and the second half defense last year it was abysmal.

Teams usually went into halftime, said gently caress this. And then mastered the art of passing to a wide open big diving to the hoop.

Those bad teams that couldn't execute that counterpunch the Bulls were able to have success still.

any mediocre team or better in the second half trounced them.

I remember when CP3 just decided to utterly torch the defense in like a 20+ point comeback in the fourth quarter when he just got tired of the foolishness.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Space Camp fuckup posted:

lol I forgot about this

The score fade in at the end is what makes it

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

CharlestheHammer posted:

The score fade in at the end is what makes it

The Knicks losing by less than 20 that year was probably worth a celebration dance.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I don't watch the local warriors cast, does he suck?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bip Roberts posted:

I don't watch the local warriors cast, does he suck?

he is one of the worst live sports broadcasters of all time

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't watch the Warriors broadcasts but there was a clip circulating during the pre-season with both their guys getting really mad for Hassan Whiteside getting a put-back and foul and flexing afterwards. It was a whole bunch of "LET'S SEE YOU DO THAT NEXT TIME WHEN DRAYMOND AND WISEMAN ARE PLAYING" finger wagging

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Space Camp fuckup posted:

lol I forgot about this

Yes! Thank you so much, friend.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1364357309200269317?s=19

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

The wizards are still not making the playoffs, russ still sucks

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I honestly don't care about the all star game but I'm both glad to see Dono and Gobert on the team because they deserve it and to avoid the stories we would've read if they hadn't.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Laviiiiine

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

WhyteRyce posted:

I don't watch the Warriors broadcasts but there was a clip circulating during the pre-season with both their guys getting really mad for Hassan Whiteside getting a put-back and foul and flexing afterwards. It was a whole bunch of "LET'S SEE YOU DO THAT NEXT TIME WHEN DRAYMOND AND WISEMAN ARE PLAYING" finger wagging

As a broncos fan I can assure you the bay area has some of the most passionate homers. This is par for the course.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol at the talent difference between the reserves

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Not putting Trae Young in the all-offense exhibition game in Atlanta is so stupid. Jayson Tatum should drop out for the good of the viewing public

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Picking CP3 over Mike Conley is a crime.

Put the whole jazz on the reserves IMO. Ingles, Clarkson, Conley.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

suns waive damian jones. i think they let that spot stay empty for a while but it's interesting to think about what they need. cam and bridges are getting better at driving but they could use like... kelly oubre. an upgraded abdel nader. kaminsky could fall back to earth and they might need a real big to back up ayton though, so some kind of straight upgrade on jones would be like drummond? i don't know. it's probably wishful thinking but i think i'd rather call up jalen smith

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
No Pacers.

How the gently caress is Sabonis not an all star

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Athanatos posted:

No Pacers.

How the gently caress is Sabonis not an all star

I was also shocked. I thought Sabonis or Brogdon both had a chance.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I mean I don't know who'd I drop off FOR Sabonis.

I think Booker is the biggest snub, but drat.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Assuming Trae has the rightful claim to the most fraudulent spot (Tatum's), I don't think leaving Sabonis out is a particularly egregious snub. You could make the case for him over a few guys but he's not heads-and-shoulders above anyone else who made the team. I would probably put him in over Randle just because the high-assist big man could be fun in an All-Star Game, though

Double checking everyone's numbers, it looks like Jaylen Brown has cooled a little too as of late. I would also accept an argument that the Celtics deserve 0 representation in the ASG

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Athanatos posted:

I mean I don't know who'd I drop off FOR Sabonis.

I think Booker is the biggest snub, but drat.

Tatum imo.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Literal all star zach lavine

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

I honestly don't care about the all star game but I'm both glad to see Dono and Gobert on the team because they deserve it and to avoid the stories we would've read if they hadn't.

Mitchell not making would have been fine, he's in a pile of guys who are worth a look for the last couple spots but shouldn't have been a lock or anything. He's very good but he's also a little overrated this year because the team is crazy good and people need to find a more traditional star to credit it to instead of Rudy. Conley has been a lot better other than games played. Conley getting the AD injury spot would be cool since I think it'd be his first all star but it'll probably be Booker which is also fine.

Middleton not making it in the east is nuts to me, he has been absurdly good this year

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 24, 2021

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/Pacers/status/1364367347235053570

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Middleton played 23 minutes in the last ASG and put up 5 points on 2/7 shooting, so the coaches said "Alright that's enough of that"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1364367289252937729

:haibrow:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

CP3 is having a better season than Booker though.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I mean all the all star dudes they got roughly seem like all stars so if there are other dudes who also seem allstarry it's probably fine either way

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/1364368104759963651

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
just because someone is Good, does not make them an All Star ok??? ben simmons

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Gordon Hayward is a victim of cancel culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i think lebron should have gotten 2 all star spots and whoever your favorite player is, person reading this, should be eliminated for that spot. not just from the all star game but jfk style eliminated