Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I might not actually finish p5...definitely wont do the extra Royal dungeon or whatever. I'm at the end, just "fought" a cup and went through the motions and realizing I was mashing through all the dialogue while peeping my phone. The bad guy is corrupt adults, not wait its one particular corrupt adult controlling everything, no wait its your annoying rival, no wait its society!!! actually, no it is a cup, no wait its Fake Igor gently caress who cares lmfao.

i freakin told you bro!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

artists rendition of the Persona 5 story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWJCfbMw0Yo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

xcx is really fun until you get the mech, then it just turns terrible and I never finished it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I might not actually finish p5...

lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

American McGay posted:

It's cool whenever someone tells you they're starting Persona 5 you can automatically plot out the entire curve of their experience over the next 100 hours.

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I might not actually finish p5...definitely wont do the extra Royal dungeon or whatever. I'm at the end, just "fought" a cup and went through the motions and realizing I was mashing through all the dialogue while peeping my phone. The bad guy is corrupt adults, not wait its one particular corrupt adult controlling everything, no wait its your annoying rival, no wait its society!!! actually, no it is a cup, no wait its Fake Igor gently caress who cares lmfao.

if it helps, the third semester in royal has an actually interesting antagonist who is an actual person with actual motivations and wants, and the game sorta acts like the fake igor battle never happened

When I say they could've just dumpstered the finale to the original and replaced it with Royal's I'm not kidding

There's like one boss fight between you and the start of the Royal stuff at this point if you're wondering

wait actually given your feelings about akechi earlier maybe you should just skip it because he's incredibly central to the third semester's plot

Harrow fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 23, 2021

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Antonious has split the Royal Saw in twain. How will we ever defeat the Earth Serpent now?

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

P5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWXazVhlyxQ

P4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuO3wwLuF0w

P3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

absolutely not. shut the gently caress up, and gently caress you.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

absolutely not. shut the gently caress up, and gently caress you.

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think P5 starts out so good and intriguing which is why I was so surprised that people were telling me not to play it/play p4 instead. It is like a perfectly crafted slide into poo poo and you don’t realise it until you’re neck deep.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Trash Posts

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think P5 starts out so good and intriguing which is why I was so surprised that people were telling me not to play it/play p4 instead. It is like a perfectly crafted slide into poo poo and you don’t realise it until you’re neck deep.

It's almost a shame it starts so well, lol. Kamoshida is such a good hateable villain. The lil tutorial dungeon turned out to be the most interesting. A drat shame.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

People didn't seem to like it but I also enjoyed Futaba's dungeon as well. It at least got a semblance of an emotional reaction out of me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's almost a shame it starts so well, lol. Kamoshida is such a good hateable villain. The lil tutorial dungeon turned out to be the most interesting. A drat shame.

The tutorial dungeon is also the hardest one in the game lol.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

People didn't seem to like it but I also enjoyed Futaba's dungeon as well. It at least got a semblance of an emotional reaction out of me

I thought futabas was the last good one. Harus sucked rear end. Honestly I still like P5 but compared to P3 and P4, it's just not as good. The gameplay qol stuff and music and visuals kick rear end but the story really falls off. That said I still like the characters and think it could have been so much better

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I liked pretty much all of the dungeons in the original game design wise but I couldn't tell you what plot happened in any of them except maybe the first one and the pyramid

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

P4 > P3 > P5 is obvious

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Trash Ops posted:

P4 > P3 > P5 is obvious

P3>P4>P5 imo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I liked pretty much all of the dungeons in the original game design wise but I couldn't tell you what plot happened in any of them except maybe the first one and the pyramid

Yup. It's a good game mechanically, has great music, cool style etc. but there's no substance to it at all

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

I thought futabas was the last good one. Harus sucked rear end. Honestly I still like P5 but compared to P3 and P4, it's just not as good. The gameplay qol stuff and music and visuals kick rear end but the story really falls off. That said I still like the characters and think it could have been so much better

this is pretty much how i feel. the moment to moment gameplay stuff is really good and the mechanical changes are great but the story just isn't there. i still like some of the endgame stuff and the first 20 hours are fuckin incredible but they just couldn't keep it up

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm excited for the next Persona game because it's going to have a new director. Hashino's moving on to make a medieval RPG instead because he did all he wanted to with Persona (and I think was probably completely out of ideas), probably overdue really

the reason I like Royal so much better is probably that a different person directed the new Royal content and it shows

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Bravely Default 2’s battle and boss theme pOwns my dick

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

after blazing through the original prt, p5’s third semester is draining. i just want to plat and move on

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

Going to plod through this r-worded last semester then go through bravely default, second, then real 2?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Just wrapped up Kingdom Hearts several days ago. I 100%d everything except the gummi ship stuff

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The transition to the card-based combat in Re:Chain of Memories was a bit jarring at first (I knew it was a remaster of the GBA game but I didn't know they brought the entire system over) but once you get used to setting up decks and knowing which cards to use when it's pretty fun, actually more involved than the combat in 1 I think.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

please carry on the imp tradition of not understanding the combat, understanding and finding it interesting, and finally understanding it while praying for the game to end

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Trash Ops posted:

Going to plod through this r-worded last semester then go through bravely default, second, then real 2?

drat and one of the moderators from Games swore it was good too.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

yea ok posted:

please carry on the imp tradition of not understanding the combat, understanding and finding it interesting, and finally understanding it while praying for the game to end

i love watching these series of posts every time

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bought my copy of bd2, should be here tues. i'm stoked, it sounds like it's just another bravely game which is all i wanted it to be

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
Dragon Quest XI is fuckin sick

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bravely Default 2's abundance of side quests makes me think it's a good fit for my preferred style of playing JRPGs: very slowly

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

Bravely Default 2's abundance of side quests makes me think it's a good fit for my preferred style of playing JRPGs: very slowly

its also very hard. i tried to run in the first dungeon at level 3 and got smacked down

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bravely default 2 is better than I was expecting and normal is definitely harder than normal was in default 1/second at least early on. I played both previous games on hard but I don't know if I'd enjoy hard in bd2

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Trash Ops posted:

P4 > P3 > P5 is obvious

Hizke posted:

P3>P4>P5 imo

That there exists a level of agreement that 5 (the only one I've played) is the worst of the three indicates I need to check out 3 and 4.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hilario Baldness posted:

That there exists a level of agreement that 5 (the only one I've played) is the worst of the three indicates I need to check out 3 and 4.

you really should, and i've talked a lot of poo poo about P5 but it's still a good game. plus if you enjoyed it that much you're gonna love the older games

that said i would strongly suggest P4 Golden since it also has the qol updates that 5 has. 3 might be rough to go back to since you don't have full control over your party members.. the PSP version fixes that, but who owns a psp? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

imagining a P3 or P4 update with P5's combat and technicals/baton pass