Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Real hurthling! posted:

How many more hours do i have if i found wife

If you are just at the beginning of that part I want to say you are about 80% done. I'm really bad at estimating time left because I got sidetracked a few times but I want to say you probably have about 40 story missions left at the beginning of that section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Heads up that the hitman2 expansion set is $10 again, if you buy the ps4 expansion it makes the ps5 access pass free (normally $40). I have a ps4 disc of hitman 2 that I can start a mail chain of is anyone wants to pass the game around to unlock the levels in hitman3

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

caldrax posted:

I only ever see this kind of take from people who don't actually have it. I have an index and the setup process was less frustrating than my ps5. Granted my ps5 was defective out of the box, and I had to do an RMA, but I had to do an RMA on the index a month into owning it and that process was way less painful than dealing with Sony support. Actually using my VR headset is extremely convenient and generally goes smoothly every time, aside from the minor annoyance of my room space and having to slide my coffee table out of the way. The experience once I get in there, with the right game, is unmatched by anything else in gaming. Some of the most memorable gaming moments I've had in ages have been in the last year with VR games. There's a lot of reticence by the general public (and some very weirdly biased reporting) about buying into VR but it is absolutely a viable and amazing experience *right now* and it will likely only keep getting better. It does need more games, though. And facebook's exclusivity sucks but revive makes it relatively painless to get around that when I've wanted to play something on their storefront, which is more than I can say for Sony.

I'm mainly salty that my otherwise good PC set-up is basically incompatible with VR gaming (2 graphics cards, SLI)

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
vr is cool and good unless you give a gently caress what people play vr on i guess there will be a new one next year heres hoping i can carry em and it doesnt give my luscious locks a bad case of hat hair it is very important to me that my hair remain himbo fresh even after a long session of creed or no man skeeball

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
this is the apparantly the state of play lineup and the fact it looks like this means its probably true.

Destruction AllStars roadmap
Godfall DLC
Oddworld Soulstorm
Friday Night at Freddy's
GTAV PS5
Goodbye Volcano High
Among Us
Returnal
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
ending on Hades

also ff7r sounds like its one of the ps+ titles for next month, which would be cool cos i havent got it yet and was kinda waiting until other parts come out/ps5 version

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

That's a believable lineup. Not incredibly exciting, but a couple of those indie titles that haven't been announced for PlayStation yet are good stuff I've been waiting for, so I'd be happy about that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Kinda funny how many games are still coming out that are last gen only. With BC a lot of devs just aren't bothering.

https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1364591568431312897?s=21

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Right now Returnal is the PS5 game I am most excited for.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I said come in! posted:

Right now Returnal is the PS5 game I am most excited for.

It has the most potential for replayability, but we'll see I guess!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Kinda funny how many games are still coming out that are last gen only. With BC a lot of devs just aren't bothering.

lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
weird, i remember the game looking better than that when i played it on pc at release. fun tho, i like how they designed all the aliens from the pov of a regular solider and not a jedi, so wookies were these huge monster things and the lizards were freaky as gently caress. good fun.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Should have gotten a sequel or at least expansion. It felt a bit like a proof of concept a lot of the time.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Any Fenyx players noticing that vibration just sorta turns itself off? Is it because I'm using.... Rest mode!!?!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Give me the March ps plus games Sony!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Being revealed at half past apparently

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ps5 version (and ps4) of ff7r with its upgrades plus two ps4 titles

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i dunno, im starting to dig it now. i like the design of the areas at least. hope its good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVy0zALF_gM

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 24, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Returnal looks pretty good. If the can actually puff off great gameplay/combat I can see myself sinking time into it like a very polished dead cell or any other procedural “die to get better” game.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

this is the apparantly the state of play lineup and the fact it looks like this means its probably true.

Destruction AllStars roadmap
Godfall DLC
Oddworld Soulstorm
Friday Night at Freddy's
GTAV PS5
Goodbye Volcano High
Among Us
Returnal
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
ending on Hades

just got it confirmed, this is 100% a troll from some dude cos they said people would believe it if it was believable so lol

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rinkles posted:

Updated controls, eh? The Jedi Knight games that Aspyr ported to modern systems were awful because they didn't fix the controls. Maybe I'll give this one a try.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Rinkles posted:

what's the point of not just including "and PS5" in your marketing langauge

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Honestly Returnal, RE8, Horizon, Elden Ring, and God of War are the only games I somewhat remotely care about. I have the Nindies console, the Switch, for little games.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

no ps+ yet? i wonder if that means they are saving it for tomorrow... makes sense actually, can do the big ff7r ps5 reveal and it being on ps+

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Those buggers

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ff7r on ps+ is from the bluepoint mgs and japan studio silent hill leaker so if it doesnt happen then :negative:

but if it does... :eyepop:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Please don't let the PS5 game suck - we've had a great run with Bugnsax, Maneater and especially Control.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Just gonna say that I am extremely excited for Oddworld Soulstorm. Rescued all the guys in the PS1 originals and the New n' Tasty remake, never did the 3D ones but I'm ready for more Abe. Hope there's a release date soon besides "spring".

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Electromax posted:

Hope there's a release date soon besides "spring".

There will. It will be updated to "summer"

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Really hope final fantasy isn't one of them...not my cuppa.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

smoobles posted:

what's the point of not just including "and PS5" in your marketing langauge

Probably creates confusion with people thinking there's a PS5-native version. Like there's some current confusion because the recent Tekken 7 character trailer lists "Xbox Series" prominently but as far as we know currently there are no plans for a next gen port (they didn't even make a One X enhancement patch for it).

It's definitely a bizarre gen since the guaranteed backwards compatibility on new PS4 titles (required for cert now) means you only need a native PS5 version if you're intending to leverage activity cards, adaptive triggers, 120fps, ray tracing or just some general powerhouse visuals, which a lot of games really don't need. It's kind of bizarre since you have a game like Just Dance 2021, which has a PS5-native version but it's worse than the PS4 version in a lot of ways and has absolutely no advantages over it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Vikar Jerome posted:

i dunno, im starting to dig it now. i like the design of the areas at least. hope its good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVy0zALF_gM

GET-TING Hyped!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rad Valtar posted:

If you are just at the beginning of that part I want to say you are about 80% done. I'm really bad at estimating time left because I got sidetracked a few times but I want to say you probably have about 40 story missions left at the beginning of that section.

Theres soo many missions and now they subvert my wife expectations and she just busting my balls on fetch quests shoulda just stayed with boozeman

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I hope ff7r isnt the free ps5 game cuz I've already played it!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ya

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Square doesn't have a history of giving away their own in- house games for Xbox Gold, or PS+, so I would be really surprised by such a major AAA title of theirs being free next month. FF7R is still $60 on PSN.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah idgi

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What if it is FF7... but it's the port of the original

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Square doesn't have a history of giving away their own in- house games for Xbox Gold, or PS+, so I would be really surprised by such a major AAA title of theirs being free next month. FF7R is still $60 on PSN.

ff15 is on ps+ collection right now

also its the ff7 ps5 version, supposedly. same deal like with control. square like that sony money.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What if it is FF7... but it's the port of the original

A complete game? Sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im down if its a free upgrade they wanted me to pay for otherwise i need to grind materia