Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's pretty funny that the entire society of dumbfucks that make up our political class seem to think that the country will crumble if Neera doesn't get this job. Like this is the most important issue our government faces, that this one incompetent rear end in a top hat manager gets a job and not the pandemic which is some afterthought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1364590577879244802

and you bros think Joe Biden hasn't gotten anything done :smugdog:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

awesome that privately owned media companies are helpfully telling us to avert our eyes and not gaze upon forbidden knowledge

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

It's pretty funny that the entire society of dumbfucks that make up our political class seem to think that the country will crumble if Neera doesn't get this job. Like this is the most important issue our government faces, that this one incompetent rear end in a top hat manager gets a job and not the pandemic which is some afterthought.

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1364556630826881030

it really is true

why have they staked so much of their self-worth on neera tanden's career goals, why do they care

gene sperling will probably do all the same poo poo anyway

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

if they really cared, more money would be funneled to local libraries, since that's where a lot of reporting comes from now that all the small outlets have closed shop

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

that said LOL at the idea that joe manchin will be like "yeah rachel maddow makes some really good points, I'm just gonna change my mind and publicly go back on a thing that got me a whole bunch of media attention for saying"

the sooner they realize that impassioned pleas to their opponents' humanity to pretty please just be nice and do the thing I want why won't you do the thing I want :cry: don't loving work, the sooner they'll... I dunno, they'll never realize it anyway

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/frankthefox/status/1364638753617186817

:hmmyes:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I think the problem with America is the mass delusion that America is the good guy, instead of the demon nation it truly is. Only by confronting it's true nature can its citizens begin to improve

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Literally laughing out loud.

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit

Falstaff posted:

Among the plains tribes in North America, there was the concept of counting coup. This involved making your way to an enemy and striking a blow against them then escaping unharmed. This could be an actual strike, but could also be just touching them with a stick (a coup stick), a hand, whatever. Because of the danger involved, it won the warrior prestige and bolstered the morale of their side, while also demoralizing the other side (since if he'd wanted the attack to be deadly, it could have been.) After a battle, warriors would recount to their tribe their coups, which would be recorded through notches on a coup stick (or sometimes other methods, depending on the tribe and its traditions.)

As far as I'm concerned, that's the real danger 1/6 represents. It was a coup, but not a coup d'etat - and any suggestion that it was is absurd on its face. But it was a coup of the counting coup variety. It's being able to go back to your alt-right/q-anon/stage 2 fasc message board and brag about how you locked yourself in the bathroom and forced the police to negotiate with you while you jerked off. It's about taking goofy photos of yourself stealing the podium from which some of the most powerful people in the world deliver their speeches. It's all the, yes, lulz that these chuds managed to achieve and then brag about to their peers.

It's a morale victory that makes them feel strong. And in that sense, it's dangerous - made moreso by figures like Schumer or AOC likening it to 9/11 or even loving Pearl Harbor :wtc:

yeah... except the 'other tribe' (the cops, in this example) literally let them in.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Eggplant Squire posted:

its because neera is a hillary creature and praising + defending her constantly activates the same reward zone in the deranged wonk brain

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1364556630826881030

it really is true

why have they staked so much of their self-worth on neera tanden's career goals, why do they care

gene sperling will probably do all the same poo poo anyway

Who knows, but it's making for some good content:
https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1364641343155404802?s=19

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

if anything it gives it a lot more legitimacy and will pique more interest

gj twitter

do NOT click on this link of REAL DOCUMENTS youre not supposed to see! DONT DO IT!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Lansdowne posted:

also when you put that article in your tweet anywhere it would throw up that warning, leading it to be shared more because people were joking around with it
e.g.
https://twitter.com/soleimanistomb/status/1364389704502833157
lol this owns

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

It's going to be cool when Neera gets the position, and then is fired for xanned out tweeting at 1 in the morning at random twitter people.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

can't help but applaud this person taking advantage of the situation and gettin PAID

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Terror Sweat posted:

I think the problem with America is the mass delusion that America is the good guy, instead of the demon nation it truly is. Only by confronting it's true nature can its citizens begin to improve

yeah you have to Hate America to really molt the years of indoctrination off. i know it’s very “wake up sheeple” but american exceptionalism is brainwashed into children at a young age, and getting over that takes a lot of intentional effort and deprogramming

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/DrGlennJohnson/status/1364644118501072897?s=20

lmao they actually are going to go to the mat for Neera.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

loquacius posted:

that said LOL at the idea that joe manchin will be like "yeah rachel maddow makes some really good points, I'm just gonna change my mind and publicly go back on a thing that got me a whole bunch of media attention for saying"

the sooner they realize that impassioned pleas to their opponents' humanity to pretty please just be nice and do the thing I want why won't you do the thing I want :cry: don't loving work, the sooner they'll... I dunno, they'll never realize it anyway

Maddow isn't doing this because she or her execs think or care that Manchin will listen, she is doing is to keep the succ libs hooked on the MSNBC IV

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Ultra Carp

loquacius posted:

I want a means testing random generator

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao yes...yes....hahahha...yes

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Excelzior posted:

awesome that privately owned media companies are helpfully telling us to avert our eyes and not gaze upon forbidden knowledge

lefties who cheered on twitter banning trump et al. are idiots (ie: sowing/reaping).

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

loquacius posted:

TB12 has less than 20 employees, thank God the democrat party is looking out for poor put upon touchdown tom.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

His Twitter was the best thing about him, liberals are insane

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

poo poo, wheres that gif of the coin flip that the guy obviously intentionally fudged

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Ultra Carp

15 months into the pandemic, the government considers sending out masks, but then decides it doesn't want to risk helping too many people

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

25 million masks in packages of 2 means about 3 percent of the population gets it

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I didn't it know how anyone could watch all this and still be under the delusion any of these politicians cares the slightest about anyone outside their own eye sight.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
imagine how many masks the needy could buy with $2000-$600 = $1400

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I am as opposed to touching the poop as it's possible to get, but I would really like to hear about some of the non-evil uses for child cages.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

DHS IS YOUNGER THAN SHE IS

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The Project For Good Facts. Brought to you by George Orwell's Hamilton. Subscribe now and get early access to our exclusive single, The Room 101 Where It Happens.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Keep your goddamned dogs off the government's carpet

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Ah yes the 10s of voter for which decide their vote based on the existence of the DHS. Incredible misstep by AOC.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

tactlessbastard posted:

Keep your goddamned dogs off the government's carpet

Oh no. The headaches have returned. The voices...they...I...

PAWSIDENT DAD SAYS WE HAVE TO BE CAREFUL AND NOT SHED IN THE OVAL PAWFICE OR ANYWHERE IN THE WHITE DOGHOUSE

help

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

under trump children suffered in those cages. now, under biden, they frollick in them. it's so inspirational

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Willa Rogers posted:

lefties who cheered on twitter banning trump et al. are idiots (ie: sowing/reaping).

many of them in this forum!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

luckily we didn't elect one to the Vice-Presidency, a heartbeat away from being POTUS

:thunk:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

under trump children suffered in those cages. now, under biden, they frollick in them. it's so inspirational

look at these pictures of empty rooms where the prisoners might have movie nights! this means the cages aren't cages anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol must be real hard for neera not to be able to tweet rn

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1364653697255497729?s=21