Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
lupine of the dunes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

the most true thing in the thread rn
would you vote merk sandy

absolutely

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Sandwolf posted:

absolutely

Only scum speak in absolutes, Sandwolf.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hell,

##vote merk

haven't forgotten about steak

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Only scum speak in absolutes, Sandwolf.

WOW so all Sith are scum? someone ban this sick filth

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Why are you letting them needle you into changing votes? Seems defensive. Willing to change to not attract attention.
I am on a rollercoaster with Sandwolf's alignment so far this game. Thought he was scum for his toalp interactions early, thought he was town for his diary post that I didn't read, and now I feel scum again.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Scum merk's biggest tell is acting personally offended and upset, definitely not floaty.

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Well I wanted to see what your answer would be, so far you are being very defensive. The problem would have been if you[/] believed that not voting was a bad look.

It comes up often in games, I'm well on record as not caring about how much/if I'm voting.

Sandwolf posted:

ok then point to a post by me that makes you think I'm scum

Actually I can't ##unvote. I went back to look through and it wasn't as bad as I remembered. My vote was a pre-coffee vote and I take it back, [i]for now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Way to break my post Obama

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oooh, ugly tags opop.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Thank(s) Obama

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Retro Futurist posted:

Way to break my post Obama

Just as planned

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Scum merk's biggest tell is acting personally offended and upset, definitely not floaty.

this is just so glaringly not true opop, I don't know what to tell you, your merk meta machine is broken

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Like I was scum with merk a few games ago and as his scumbuddy all I could see was listless, opinionless merk

which is exactly what I'm seeing here, and exactly what you're going so hard trying to discredit

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

No I don’t give a hoot about that, it’s pretty common for people to complain about me not voting when I’m just somewhat conservative with them.

And he does do it a lot, and I’ve caught him out as scum for it a lot too

The not voting until late day, I do that too. I don't tend to throw them out until near deadline unless I have a particularly strong case / gut vibe. I just don't like throwing votes around, I dunno why.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

spacing in vienna posted:

The not voting until late day, I do that too. I don't tend to throw them out until near deadline unless I have a particularly strong case / gut vibe. I just don't like throwing votes around, I dunno why.

Always throw all the votes around haphazardly imo.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Like I was scum with merk a few games ago and as his scumbuddy all I could see was listless, opinionless merk

which is exactly what I'm seeing here, and exactly what you're going so hard trying to discredit

I feel like new merk is listless and hapazard merk, it isn't tied to alignment.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SiV give me a town and a scum read? You've seemed particularly reticent to get involved in whatever topics the thread is talking about

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

I feel like new merk is listless and hapazard merk, it isn't tied to alignment.

I am of the belief that town merk at some point gets a hair up his rear end and does something

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Does merk still get NK'd early as town, or is that not a thing any more?

I feel like "floaty and disengaged" is more of a useful accusation on d3. D1 people are still trying to get a toehold on things.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

I am of the belief that town merk at some point gets a hair up his rear end and does something

So you are looking for him to get that feather up his rear end d1?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

So you are looking for him to get that feather up his rear end d1?

yes? sure? why not? I'm putting pressure on him?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

yes? sure? why not? I'm putting pressure on him?

Are you putting pressure on him or do you think he's scum?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Grandicap posted:

Are you putting pressure on him or do you think he's scum?

what do you seek to gain from this distinction? because it kinda feels like you just want to trip me up or something, but these are consistent

I can think he's scummy AND put pressure on him hoping that'll kick him into gear

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

SiV give me a town and a scum read? You've seemed particularly reticent to get involved in whatever topics the thread is talking about

That's a legit call but it's more detachment than reticence I think? I'm chatting up a storm in the masonry (all non game thus far) and have to keep coming back here and trying to get dialed in to what's going on. It's like the audio is only coming in in one speaker.

Hmm. Town and a scum? Okay.

Town: RF. I don't know if he's right that he has perfect merk-dar but I believe his reasoning and explanations around it.

Keane. He's posted minimally but he's making calls and not hedging.

I'll go further and say I think Obama is town -- I've played two games where he was scum and in both cases he felt very "hey hello, I am also participating in this thread, fellow townies" / self conscious there and he seems more legit this time around.

Scum: hmm. This is harder, because I don't have strong scum vibes anywhere, which is also part of what's throwing me off. I mean, I can see other people's case on you, and I can see it being right, but I don't have that "Sandwolf is definitely scum" gut feeling i usually have d1, and I'm not sure why.

CPig is using meta to coast on not participating, and I realize that's technically alignment neutral but him doubling down on it after being called out, the just earnestly leaning into it feels like a scum move.

Dark horse candidate: Scientastic.

People I Wouldn't Vote Today: Grandicap, because masonbro. I see the awkwardness everyone else is pointing out, but I'm thinking it's just not alignment specific. This is possibly bias because I do not want him to be scum.

I feel like Grandi as scum will make a case that is structurally sound-ish but not really believable that he actually thinks it; if he starts doing that I'll take a closer look. But not today because: mason.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

what do you seek to gain from this distinction? because it kinda feels like you just want to trip me up or something, but these are consistent

I can think he's scummy AND put pressure on him hoping that'll kick him into gear

I'm p sure Merk gets a hair up his rear end when he spots something and nails someone with it. That's not a thing you can force or pressure him into.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

A pressure vote hopes to push someone to do something, you are on the fence as to their scumminess, if they do the thing, it will solidify you opinion on them, there is room for change. There is some underlying thing you see sure, but your mind isn't made up that they are scum.

Also, I thought you were 3rd vote, but you're only second. Second vote for pressure is fine, 3rd is trying to get him executed. Keep poking Sandwolf, but I am definitely getting vibes from you. I am watching.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Grandicap posted:

A pressure vote hopes to push someone to do something, you are on the fence as to their scumminess, if they do the thing, it will solidify you opinion on them, there is room for change. There is some underlying thing you see sure, but your mind isn't made up that they are scum.

Also, I thought you were 3rd vote, but you're only second. Second vote for pressure is fine, 3rd is trying to get him executed. Keep poking Sandwolf, but I am definitely getting vibes from you. I am watching.

Hmm. I disagree with this, because I don't usually bother doing a headcount on who is where when I vote, whether it's pressure or for scum vibes. Short of it being a decisive push close to deadline, obvs.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m on vacation.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lol just lol if you think I would ever check the votecount before voting

I see your point Grandi but I also am not going to treat merk like a monolith? Let him come in and defend himself/do something if he's town. I'm literally just trying to get him to participate so I can examine if there are cracks, this is not a scummy thing to do

that, coupled with your awkward reversal based on vote analysis, make me feel baaad about you Grandi

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

I’m on vacation.

you're always on vacation!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Merk, tell them you're town and that I'm always right about your alignment please

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Hello from Not!Malaysia.

I feel comfortable for the moment with my vote remaining where it is, but is the Keane vote based off his "not engaging" comment?

(and if yes, isn't it followed by yet another CPig bounce?)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

lol just lol if you think I would ever check the votecount before voting

I see your point Grandi but I also am not going to treat merk like a monolith? Let him come in and defend himself/do something if he's town. I'm literally just trying to get him to participate so I can examine if there are cracks, this is not a scummy thing to do

that, coupled with your awkward reversal based on vote analysis, make me feel baaad about you Grandi

More of a timing momentum thing rather than me expecting you to check. You are allowed to feel bad about me though.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
welcome to "sandwolf cases himself"

Sandwolf posted:

ok then point to a post by me that makes you think I'm scum

Sandwolf posted:

When someone calls a post out and that person who made the original post doesn’t so much as respond as attempt to figure out *what* was wrong with what they said.

It’s self consciously aware that they themselves are scummy and instead of trying to engage on that, they shift to obvious course correction.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

this post feels amazingly scummy. especially calling yourself "consistent" lol. thats the sort of language you only use when you've thought about being consistent. which... isn't something townies rly think about

##vote sandy

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

jfc steak

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I can't tell if you're salty because I called you self-conscious or what

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS