Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what’s the hot take

e: I guess the implication that he wasn’t already a revolutionary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

It makes it easier for uninformed readers to connect the dots imo

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/PA_Capitol_Boy/status/1363756010133929985

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
you know what feels better than a grassroots movement having some success? collusion to uphold the status quo of never-ending stagnation

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

it sure feels good when three losing candidates all conspire to prevent the leader from winning, sort of a highly optimized form of democracy where there's only three voters

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

christmas boots posted:

they’re how many generations removed though? poo poo, we’re probably more closely related than that.

technically they're first cousins, just about 60 times removed

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

the real kicker with agencies like the CIA is that they're totally immune to outside scrutiny and do a ton of poo poo which is blatantly illegal and hidden from what internal scrutiny exists. this means that unless they actually die or gently caress up in especially spectacular ways they have no reason to ever learn anything other than how to cover poo poo up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlA9hmrC8DU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Nothing is beating this lol

https://twitter.com/blaireerskine/status/1363885316197789701?s=09

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Incredible Karen energy.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao

[Hot Takes] cohosting The View is an essential service

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

vyelkin posted:

lmao

lol

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

vyelkin posted:

lmao

:yeah:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
is this gonna be her new “my father”?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

lol that there are still people in here willing to defend Bernie “Cuck” Sanders

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Speaking of Bernie

Hot Take: By creating the blueprint for the archetypical Bernie Bro, Taintrunner did more to harm the leftist movement in this country than any poster in D&D.

I'm trying out a new recipe, what do you think?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sanders is gonna cast a vote to confirm Neera like a loser lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

a fatguy baldspot posted:

lol that there are still people in here willing to defend Bernie “Cuck” Sanders

This post made me like him.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

indigi posted:

Sanders is gonna cast a vote to confirm Neera like a loser lol

from punished sanders to cucked sanders

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/xaviersonline/status/1364077055596392449?s=19

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

christmas boots posted:

Speaking of Bernie

Hot Take: By creating the blueprint for the archetypical Bernie Bro, Taintrunner did more to harm the leftist movement in this country than any poster in D&D.

I'm trying out a new recipe, what do you think?

True, because DnD people are too useless to damage anything.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I’m not seeing the hot take

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Ziv Zulander posted:

I’m not seeing the hot take

check out this hot take everybody

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I’m gonna need a list of genocides in order of how spicy denial of that genocide is

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

the Uighur are just being oppressed. it still sucks but the people playing it up just seem to want war, not to stop any human rights abuses

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
*creates a third holodomor thread*

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Muslim countries support or are neutral on China's treatment of Uyghurs. The countries criticizing them for it are all US allies.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Chamale posted:

Muslim countries support or are neutral on China's treatment of Uyghurs. The countries criticizing them for it are all US allies.

are these the leaders of the countries, or their populations? because the people in muslim majority countries support something like a free palestine, while the gulf dictators could absolutely not give a gently caress. this could be similar

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

paul_soccer12 posted:

are these the leaders of the countries, or their populations? because the people in muslim majority countries support something like a free palestine, while the gulf dictators could absolutely not give a gently caress. this could be similar

Their votes in the UN, not polls of their populations. I haven't been able to find recent polls from Muslim majority countries about China. You have a point, but I think this chart illustrates that the issue is being drawn along Cold War lines rather than a sincere concern for the rights of Muslim people.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Chamale posted:

Their votes in the UN, not polls of their populations. I haven't been able to find recent polls from Muslim majority countries about China. You have a point, but I think this chart illustrates that the issue is being drawn along Cold War lines rather than a sincere concern for the rights of Muslim people.

for sure. transparently so

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

letting this tweet tumble through the pachinko machine inside my head until I suddenly jump up and shout DON’T YOU REALIZE THE CIA INVENTED TWINKS

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

did you know you are sitting on a historic pile of pent up cash? that is why your rear end itches, not because of poor wiping technique or whatever!!

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1364659108465500164

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Chamale posted:

this seems pretty meaningless given that virtually none of these countries on either side have stellar human rights records. there’s like a handful on China’s side I guess that are pretty good recently

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

ah yes noted champions of human rights Saudi Arabia and Syria

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Internet Wizard posted:

ah yes noted champions of human rights Saudi Arabia and Syria

you dont have any human rights

no one does

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

indigi posted:

this seems pretty meaningless given that virtually none of these countries on either side have stellar human rights records. there’s like a handful on China’s side I guess that are pretty good recently

the actual human rights records of the countries are barely material to the discussion. hell the actual conditions on the ground are barely material to the discussion either at this point

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

a fatguy baldspot posted:

the Uighur are just being oppressed. it still sucks but the people playing it up just seem to want war, not to stop any human rights abuses

If China does it, it's not genocide, it's sparkling ethnic cleansing.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Gravy Boat 2k
i can't believe people in this thread are defending the deaths of over 10 million Uighurs

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The concept of genocide doesn't just cover mass murder.

It's detaining them en mass, forbidding them to practice their religion and culture. To ban them from speaking their own language, wearing their own clothes. From passing their traditions on to their children.

To forcibly sterilise them. To rape them. To force their women to marry men from the ethnic majority. To treat them like slaves. To "re-educate" them. To deny them any freedom in their lives.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

ok bro, thanks for the infodrop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The concept of genocide doesn't just cover mass murder.

It's detaining them en mass, forbidding them to practice their religion and culture. To ban them from speaking their own language, wearing their own clothes. From passing their traditions on to their children.

To forcibly sterilise them. To rape them. To force their women to marry men from the ethnic majority. To treat them like slaves. To "re-educate" them. To deny them any freedom in their lives.

ok