Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Picnic Princess posted:

Bi people just can't win. If you're with a different gender, then you must actually be straight. If you're with the same gender, you're just a confused gay. People really can't fathom the idea that you can like more than one thing.

"Do you like apples or oranges?"
"I like both"
"What the gently caress"

As a bi, yup.

Trans people are in a rough spot too. The argument Glen cites that "lesbians are dwindling because they just declare themselves trans" is so so infuriating. Gender identity and sexual attraction are two different things!!! Plus, lesbians "gain" members who are trans!

:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

https://twitter.com/reeldigitalpro/status/1364670455513288706

be sure to dive into the comments where he reveals the source of his "50% of girls claiming to be trans to be cool" statistic: his son dated a girl who claimed this

This sentiment can do some really unpleasant things to people who are seriously questioning their gender identity while being prone to imposter syndrome. gently caress that guy.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What’s weird is lesbian and trans are self identifies like anything else. There is no inherent value to straight people or gay people or whatever existing. It’s soley for the people who identify as such.

If a straight person realizes they are bi or gay I don’t lose anything

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

As with so much else it's a dominant majority feeling threatened that there's something else to be. OR TO BE OUTNUMBERED BY

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

(unfunny joke deleted)

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Data Graham posted:

As with so much else it's a dominant majority feeling threatened that there's something else to be. OR TO BE OUTNUMBERED BY

Or jealous at the thought of a parade they're not allowed to join. Why is there no straight white history month, hmmmmmm?? :thunk:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Glenn Greenwald is not smarter than a fifth‐grader.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It's simple numbers. They have more. And every day I have to make decisions that send hundreds of people like you to their deaths.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

oldpainless posted:

It's simple numbers. They have more. And every day I have to make decisions that send hundreds of people like you to their deaths.

he grew up so fast...haunting, really

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Picnic Princess posted:

Bi people just can't win. If you're with a different gender, then you must actually be straight. If you're with the same gender, you're just a confused gay. People really can't fathom the idea that you can like more than one thing.

Conversely, they might accept that you are attracted to multiple genders, and because of that, can never be satisfied without cheating. Or that they can coerce you into a threesome any time.

"I'm just nervous because I can never satisfy your desire for dick."
"What I desire is a loving partner, there's nothing to fear."
"But I don't have a dick and you like dicks!"
"You know we could just buy one, right?"
"But its not the same!"

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

CharlestheHammer posted:

What’s weird is lesbian and trans are self identifies like anything else. There is no inherent value to straight people or gay people or whatever existing. It’s soley for the people who identify as such.

If a straight person realizes they are bi or gay I don’t lose anything

Conservativism is the fear that somewhere out there, a person who isn't exactly like them is happy. If a person accepts something about themselves, they might find some joy in that. This is obviously unacceptable.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I do believe there's a lot more openly nb people than a few decades ago but part of that is more people know that's an option now, I feel like.

Like, I'm firmly cis but there's a huge spectrum of how people feel and interact with their gender and if you societally allow for the fact it's not a binary choice more people will have a word for what they feel?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Arsenic Lupin posted:

(unfunny joke deleted)
No you're still here

I kid I kid but I couldn't let that go by

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

"Do you like apples or oranges?"
"I like both"
"What the gently caress"

Bisexuals are basically the punching bags of the LGBTQ community. We should make our own community, with blackjack, bookers, and lemon bars. :sueme:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Idiots are mad about Coca Cola for some reason?

Coke Zero not the idiot

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Even the basic premise is bullshit. I'm assuming this person thinks the US constitution is the greatest legal document ever written? We had to fight a revolution to even get the chance write it, then almost immediately had to put down a rebellion in order to get people to follow. (It's a revolution when you win, it's a rebellion when you lose I think is what the AP style guide says)

Almost every single political idea, good or bad, had to establish itself by force in order to accomplish anything.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bobby Digital posted:

Idiots are mad about Coca Cola for some reason?

Coke Zero not the idiot

https://www.coca-colacompany.com/media-center/diversity-equity-inclusion-training

Because linking to their press release is probably less awful than most of the news sites that covered it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://www.coca-colacompany.com/media-center/diversity-equity-inclusion-training

Because linking to their press release is probably less awful than most of the news sites that covered it.

There's a poo poo ton of reasons to be mad at Coke (murder of union organizers in South America for one) but what was in this video people are pissed about though?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

VinylonUnderground posted:

Conservativism is the fear that somewhere out there, a person who isn't exactly like them is happy. If a person accepts something about themselves, they might find some joy in that. This is obviously unacceptable.

Conservatism is the fear that someone might change something and accidentally Break Everything.

Inherent in this: everything is fine the way it is, don’t touch it

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Are we sure that's not a parody post?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Seems like a win-win for the west, you get the busty soyboys and you also don't have to wait for pep-pep to finish his meatloaf

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Bisexuals are basically the punching bags of the LGBTQ community. We should make our own community, with blackjack, bookers, and lemon bars. :sueme:

Perhaps a party, too? Some sort of a lemon party?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I don't understand the appeal. Is everyone else just sitting around watching the Big Authoritative Boy eat? Are they allowed to have dinner conversation, or do they just have to stare? That would get awkward as hell. Meals are a social activity, this seems the opposite of that.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Are we sure that's not a parody post?

They're just saying things that Nazis actually believe.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

It's this but taken dead seriously, which is how it was present back in the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hh4M4vipAo

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Woozie66 posted:

As a bi, yup.

Trans people are in a rough spot too. The argument Glen cites that "lesbians are dwindling because they just declare themselves trans" is so so infuriating. Gender identity and sexual attraction are two different things!!! Plus, lesbians "gain" members who are trans!

:mad:

Wait

Transphobes are now admitting that trans men exist and the whole "trans thing" isn't a ploy by creepy men to get into women's bathrooms and dominate women's sports?

Nah I'm just kidding I know they can handle a myriad of contradictory wrong opinions at any given time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

rodbeard posted:

They're just saying things that Nazis actually believe.

Nazis thought the dad should eat before everyone else? Don't get me wrong, all of their ideas were bad ideas, I just wouldn't have imagined that as being one of them.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
I don't think i ever heard of dad eating before everyone else, definitely have heard the opposite that dad eats later due to working hard to put bread on the table. Why is toxic masculinity so hard like goddamn when am I supposed to eat to become MAXIMUM ALPHA MALE.

Actually gently caress it I'm now saying eating is feminine, true manly men merely filter feed by rapidly breathing, this way they can guarantee that their food has never been touched by a soyboy, or worse, a woman.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I think she's thinking of lions

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Imagine being emasculated by eating food with your family

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Don Gato posted:

I don't think i ever heard of dad eating before everyone else, definitely have heard the opposite that dad eats later due to working hard to put bread on the table. Why is toxic masculinity so hard like goddamn when am I supposed to eat to become MAXIMUM ALPHA MALE.

Actually gently caress it I'm now saying eating is feminine, true manly men merely filter feed by rapidly breathing, this way they can guarantee that their food has never been touched by a soyboy, or worse, a woman.

Eating is the most feminine activity there is. It's putting solid objects inside of your body for physical gratification!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Katie Herzog used to write for Seattle's alt newspaper The Stranger until she finally got furloughed. But she wrote a pretty TERFy article about trans people who transition back to their original gender that wasn't well researched, and naturally got called out for it. If you walk around parts of Seattle, you'll see "Katie Herzog is a TERF" stickers on signs. She then got upset about it, claimed she had to move out of Seattle, and now basically posts how liberals are gonna lose if they use their pronouns in their biography. She's awful.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
The number of people who have basically sworn themselves to an eternal war against trans rights because of being told to do better on one occasion is surprisingly high.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Volcott posted:

The number of people who have basically sworn themselves to an eternal war against trans rights because of being told to do better on one occasion is surprisingly high.

I keep saying, it's like the Dark Side from Star Wars, where giving into your hate is a slippery slope to it consuming your entire life.

I guess what I'm saying is it would be good if some TERF threw Graham Linehan down a reactor shaft in an act of redemption

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

ponzicar posted:

Eating is the most feminine activity there is. It's putting solid objects inside of your body for physical gratification!

Fellas, is it gay to eat food???

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
why are generational gaps getting so small? In that sexuality poll thing the traditionalists cover 6 million years, boomers 18 years, gen x 15, millenials 15, and zoomers...5? Tbf I've never seen gen z be cut off at 2002 before but that seems weird

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bismuth posted:

why are generational gaps getting so small? In that sexuality poll thing the traditionalists cover 6 million years, boomers 18 years, gen x 15, millenials 15, and zoomers...5? Tbf I've never seen gen z be cut off at 2002 before but that seems weird

Time dilation. 2020 alone lasted at least 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

PetraCore posted:

I do believe there's a lot more openly nb people than a few decades ago but part of that is more people know that's an option now, I feel like.

I remember feeling I was neither girl nor boy when I was nine. I came out to myself as non binary last year. And yeah, it's definitely because it's a thing people that talk about now, and there's a word for it.