Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Where I live it's basically Taco Bell or a much more legit authentic place with real tortillas and al pastor and all that stuff. There's really not much in between, I'd like having an option that's better than Taco Bell but cheaper than the authentic stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Just got a series of decently powerful earthquakes.

Are we gonna get a volcanic eruption on top of Covid?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm not a fast food guy in general, but I find Taco Bell completely disgusting. Especially anything with the little pebbles of kibble they call ground beef or the warmed-over cum they call nacho cheese sauce—that's just anti-food to me. I am spoiled for good cheap tacos on every street corner in NYC, but even in Iowa there were such vastly better Tex Mex options readily available at a similar price, even in tiny towns—Taco John's amongst them. I just don't get people's loyalty to that restaurant.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve been to a Taco Bell in London twice and yeah just not enjoyable to me at all tbh. I do like their sauces though. If I ever go again it’ll mostly be to swipe a bunch of those.

Went to a Del Taco in LA once and that was significantly better

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Taco Bell is fast food and I don't think anyone who enjoys it will claims it's anything but. It's also a national chain that's all over, I don't think I've ever seen a Del Taco. For a lot of people it's the only taco you're gonna get outside of an independent place and those aren't open until 2am with a drive thru for stoned people.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Someone help me comprehend what this. The auction was for some non-reproducible token of ownership? But it's only a "token ownership" because the nyan cat is still clearly accessible to everyone?

Do I have that right?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Taco Bell is fast food and I don't think anyone who enjoys it will claims it's anything but. It's also a national chain that's all over, I don't think I've ever seen a Del Taco. For a lot of people it's the only taco you're gonna get outside of an independent place and those aren't open until 2am with a drive thru for stoned people.

Taco Bell owns if you want/need a lot of calories for super cheap. Their ratio of calorie per dollar is kind of insane lol. And a lot of their stuff isn't fried either.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

teagone posted:

Taco Bell owns if you want/need a lot of calories for super cheap. Their ratio of calorie per dollar is kind of insane lol. And a lot of their stuff isn't fried either.

Yea if you can find two or three items on the Taco Bell menu that you like(which again, is no guarantee because Taco Bell isn't very good), you can eat there for like $5 or $6. When I go to the legit taqueria down the street I'm spending twice that much for the same amount of food.

But I'd love to have a Del Taco or something like that where I could go the fast food route more often.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Escobarbarian posted:

Went to a Del Taco in LA once and that was significantly better

Not only was it significantly better than Taco Bell when I was growing up (so 80s and 90s), but it was always cheaper too. Especially in the 90s and early 00s when they would purposefully undercut Taco Bell at every corner. Taco Bell has $0.39 tacos on Tuesday? Del Taco has $0.29 tacos EVERYDAY! They also had decent street style tacos at some of the locations which was nice.

I haven't had it in a long time, though, not sure if the quality nosedived since then.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
In my home town there was a Taco Bell and a Taco John's across a parking lot from each other. I would occasionally go to the Taco Bell to get their plain half pound bean and cheese burrito for $1 or whatever it was at the time, then hit up Taco John's to get sides, sauces, and olés and combine for a highly filling and tasty burrito for like $3. Similarly when I was broke in college I would buy a plain Tombstone pizza and cover it in cheap tasty veggies. Nothing wrong with needing to eat cheap but you've gotta treat yourself well.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 24, 2021

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

teagone posted:

Nothing beats Little Caesars in that regard, you can get like 3k calories from their $5 lunch special alone.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Nothing beats Little Caesars in that regard, you can get like 3k calories from their $5 lunch special alone.

That's true, but at least with Taco Bell you can get beans, chicken, rice, guac, and veg. The calories from pizza is just bread and assloads of cheese lol. No bueno for a lactose intolerant Asian like myself.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Only thing I ever go to Taco Bell for is the potato breakfast burrito, the best item on the whole menu that's not extremely basic like a quesadilla.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Taco bell doesn’t do breakfast in my area anymore, but when they did, the breakfast crunchwrap was tops.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
A lot of people in this thread sure like having diarrhea.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I have some sort of stomach flu right now and having been having trouble reading this thread because, despite never having had Taco Bell, just the discussion of it is somehow making me queasy.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

CPL593H posted:

Much like alcoholism, you only really get stomach issues from fast food if you don't eat it a lot. If you eat it a lot your body adjusts.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CPL593H posted:

and?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The ria can be fun.

I like del taco better than the bell. Their burger is actually not bad!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Americans purposefully give themselves the shits just to feel alive

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day

CelticPredator posted:

I like del taco better than the bell. Their burger is actually not bad!

I used to live a few blocks away from one and would only ever get their burgers. It's a legitimately decent fast food burger! But that was in Tucson so I could find better and cheaper tacos elsewhere. I've still got a soft spot for Taco Bell though.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cF6D8zDa9U

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Schwarzwald posted:

Someone help me comprehend what this. The auction was for some non-reproducible token of ownership? But it's only a "token ownership" because the nyan cat is still clearly accessible to everyone?

Do I have that right?

Sounds right.

I think it's either rich kids who want to say they are the sole owner of something (even if that makes no sense).

Or it's the auction site owners who are buying it off of themselves to make it seem like there's some value in what they sell.

Or whoever bought it can turn it around and sell it to someone else, and the person they sell it to probably thinks they can sell it to someone else for more. Everyone participating in a big speculation cycle where the thing has value because someone will pay more for it, and they'll pay more for it because someone else will pay more for it. Until the whole thing collapses and whoever was the last to buy it is stuck holding the bag.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

piratepilates posted:

Or whoever bought it can turn it around and sell it to someone else, and the person they sell it to probably thinks they can sell it to someone else for more. Everyone participating in a big speculation cycle where the thing has value because someone will pay more for it, and they'll pay more for it because someone else will pay more for it. Until the whole thing collapses and whoever was the last to buy it is stuck holding the bag.

This happening https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania with infinitely reproducible memes would be pretty funny. At least with the tulip thing the people who took a wash had a physical tulip at the end.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Skwirl posted:

This happening https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania with infinitely reproducible memes would be pretty funny. At least with the tulip thing the people who took a wash had a physical tulip at the end.

It's what all cryptocurrency valuations are about nowadays. There's like 5 to 10 nerds out there in the world that genuinely care about the idea of cryptocurrency being a new money with interesting properties, and the rest are probably just buying it because number go up and trying to cash in on a rush.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

piratepilates posted:

It's what all cryptocurrency valuations are about nowadays. There's like 5 to 10 nerds out there in the world that genuinely care about the idea of cryptocurrency being a new money with interesting properties, and the rest are probably just buying it because number go up and trying to cash in on a rush.

Even then you're buying an irreproducible thing.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

Much like alcoholism, you only really get stomach issues from fast food if you don't eat it a lot. If you eat it a lot your body adjusts.

This is actually very sad.

Well I guess if that's how you want to live your live I suppose I shouldn't judge.

The Peccadillo posted:

Americans purposefully give themselves the shits just to feel alive

Between our lovely healthcare system and our cops we could all die at any minute. Might as well ride this burning ship into the sun.

piratepilates posted:

Sounds right.

I think it's either rich kids who want to say they are the sole owner of something (even if that makes no sense).

Or it's the auction site owners who are buying it off of themselves to make it seem like there's some value in what they sell.

With poo poo like this my default assumption is money laundering or some other shifty illegal activity.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

A stream of diarrhea isnt enough to get me to stop eating anything. Get back to me when you cause kidney stones.

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day

banned from Starbucks posted:

A stream of diarrhea isnt enough to get me to stop eating anything. Get back to me when you cause kidney stones.

Makes me wonder what got you banned from Starbucks.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
ALL GAVE SOME

SOME GAVE ALL

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Have you ever had a kidney stone? Because I have and you could not pay me to eat some poo poo that would cause more to form. I already have three in there hanging around like a ticking time bomb.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CPL593H posted:

Have you ever had a kidney stone? Because I have and you could not pay me to eat some poo poo that would cause more to form. I already have three in there hanging around like a ticking time bomb.

Yeah they’re beyond miserable. First doctor told me to cut out alcohol and soda so I did and got another one anyway few years later. Second Dr said “lol we don’t know what causes them sorry”.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Yeah they’re beyond miserable. First doctor told me to cut out alcohol and soda so I did and got another one anyway few years later. Second Dr said “lol we don’t know what causes them sorry”.

I had a teacher in high school that had this issue. Just got kidney stones all the time for no reason. He always had a giant bottle of water and a giant bottle of cranberry juice and would alternate sips from them all day. He was a teetotaler; got drunk off beer once and swore it off. He had sparkling grape juice on his wedding. The doc told him one beer a day might actually help him break down the kidney stones, but he refused and just lived with it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I had two of them last year. After deciding that my diet and physical health were otherwise good the docs told me that my body wasn't retaining enough water.

So now I just drink about a quart of water everyday.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Schwarzwald posted:

I had two of them last year. After deciding that my diet and physical health were otherwise good the docs told me that my body wasn't retaining enough water.

So now I just drink about a quart of water everyday.
A quart's really not that much. That's half of the old recommendation of 8 cups per day though I don't know how accurate that ever was. I aim for 3-4 quarts of just water on top of whatever else I have.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

A quart's really not that much. That's half of the old recommendation of 8 cups per day though I don't know how accurate that ever was. I aim for 3-4 quarts of just water on top of whatever else I have.

Pretty much every dietary recommendation doctors give you is somewhere between best guess and complete made up bullshit.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have had kidney stones passed two times. They were not fun but thankfully they were small. The first time I had trouble passing one, my father told me to drink two beers and it should help and it passed the following morning. The beer helps relax your system and tubes and whatnot to allow it to pass. It’s not a cure but it can contribute to the cause.

Taco Bell is fun on rare occasion and you just want late night tacos to smash.

Also just because the old recommendation is 8 glasses, not everyone is the same. Drink plenty water but don’t force it into your system, that of itself can cause problems.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I only drink the blood of my enemies and since I'm my own worst enemy that means my own blood so basically I'm a self contained system.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lol Disney is releasing the next Spider-Man in theaters this year despite a half million Americans losing their lives in a pandemic that hasn’t ended yet.

Why did Zack Snyder let this happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ruddiger posted:

lol Disney is releasing the next Spider-Man in theaters this year despite a half million Americans losing their lives in a pandemic that hasn’t ended yet.

Why did Zack Snyder let this happen

I'm guessing Mulan did not do as well as they hoped. Which is weird because in early January they were talking about how it did way better than expected and they were looking at releasing other films that way.