Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I didn’t finish Origins, never played Odyssey, and I quite enjoyed Valhalla. To each their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Last of Us > God of War > Spider-Man imo

This. Unless you have PS5 spiderman remaster, then maybe that first since the 60fps mode owns.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Last of Us > God of War > Spider-Man imo

Agreed, also add bloodborne and TLG to the list. Those are the must plays, although a bunch of those other free games are good too.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I would play God of War or Spider-Man because I like fun.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Last of Us is boring The Road fanfiction, with a sequel so poo poo it ruined one of the few good parts of the game.
God of War is just meh.
Spiderman let's you play as loving spiderman, has a fun story that plays with the tropes from the comics and movies, and a fun and challenging combat system.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

They really should've let you play as Spider-Man in TLOU.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/pengun101/status/1356702744657223680

also love my ps5 so far but the main screen is glitched to poo poo. how do fix it?

Every time I uninstall a game, I get one of those empty boxes on the main xmb. Never fails, I have to start to reinstall it and then cancel it. Half the time, that clears it.

What you're seeing, I have had happen when my external stopped being recognized and I had to go into storage and have it....idk, find it again.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Last of Us is boring The Road fanfiction, with a sequel so poo poo it ruined one of the few good parts of the game.
God of War is just meh.
Spiderman let's you play as loving spiderman, has a fun story that plays with the tropes from the comics and movies, and a fun and challenging combat system.

TLOU1 is good actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGSTEKapIAg

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Play Spider-Man it kicks rear end.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Why would you link me to a video of some nerd talking about the game for three hours, who the gently caress cares about his opinion?

Last of Us one looks and plays okay, but the story is boring and it prevented Naughty dog from making good games like Jak and Dexter

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gaius Marius posted:

Why would you link me to a video of some nerd talking about the game for three hours, who the gently caress cares about his opinion?

Last of Us one looks and plays okay, but the story is boring and it prevented Naughty dog from making good games like Jak and Dexter

Tim Rogers is cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

He did a 6 hour long video on Tokimeki Memorial. You have to admire his dedication at least

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

God of War is just meh.

Sorry about your taste in games.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The last of us 2 is very good and much better than the original games :angel:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

He did a 6 hour long video on Tokimeki Memorial. You have to admire his dedication at least

At least he ain't just playing the Algorithm with that one

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have no stomach for video games that think they're prestige tv dramas. I also have no stomach for prestige tv dramas on tv. You're a loving tv show you aren't a movie and you never will be.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Gaius Marius posted:

God of War is just meh.

What games do you like besides Marvel's Spider-Man (2018)?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Last of us 2 improved on every aspect of the original apart from the multiplayer but for Beanpoles sake I hope we hear about it soon

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I have no stomach for video games that think they're prestige tv dramas. I also have no stomach for prestige tv dramas on tv. You're a loving tv show you aren't a movie and you never will be.

But they made sex and the city into two movies.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Who the gently caress cares about your opinion then lmao? I linked the review cuz he explains why its good and I thought the video was pretty good as well.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Last of us 2 improved on every aspect of the original apart from the multiplayer but for Beanpoles sake I hope we hear about it soon

It’s one of the most improved sequels I have ever played. Which is saying a lot because the original is a 10/10 game. It’s almost in it’s own class with how ambitious it is.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Last of Us is boring The Road fanfiction

👀

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zombies are dumb. I'll never get past that. I think zombies are dumb and post apocalyptic zombie genre is loving boring.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

smoobles posted:

What games do you like besides Marvel's Spider-Man (2018)?

Ace Combat 7, Sekiro, Red Dead 2, DQ11. I was trying with keeping only last gen games but it's difficult last gen was dire.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Who the gently caress cares about your opinion then lmao? I linked the review cuz he explains why its good and I thought the video was pretty good as well.
"Brevity is the soul of wit" thus we can determine the person making three hour videos on why a game is good is witless

JBP posted:

But they made sex and the city into two movies.

Sex and the City 2 is almost three hours long, why?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tlou is bad cause its shooting is too clunky and its stealth is really lame
Uc4 and ucll are way cooler

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

"Brevity is the soul of wit" thus we can determine the person making three hour videos on why a game is good is witless

dipshit lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

its actually a 2 hour review with an epilogue and some bonus stuff but go off

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tim Rogers is chill.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

current sekiro status: !!! :allears:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

The REAL Goobusters posted:

its actually a 2 hour review with an epilogue and some bonus stuff but go off

ACK SHOO AHHH LEE

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Real hurthling! posted:

Tlou is bad cause its shooting is too clunky and its stealth is really lame
Uc4 and ucll are way cooler

I thought the clunky shooting was kinda rad tbh, when you’re used to it it’s pretty easy but it’s the rare action game where your ammo counts usually aren’t past the single digits, so missing shots and having to panic is just part of the flow.

TLoU2 nerfed bricks though, and it makes me sad.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dewgy posted:

I thought the clunky shooting was kinda rad tbh, when you’re used to it it’s pretty easy but it’s the rare action game where your ammo counts usually aren’t past the single digits, so missing shots and having to panic is just part of the flow.

TLoU2 nerfed bricks though, and it makes me sad.

I never realized how OP bricks are in the original until I watched a speedrun from GDQ

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
The guy who says "brevity is the soul of wit" is a character you're meant to see as an idiot, in a shakespearean drama, a man who was known for writing extremely long works. Our whole stupid culture has been misinterpreting that quote for centuries.

Edit: for clarity I'm saying - Last of Us Good!

caldrax fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 25, 2021

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

To thine own self be true!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

caldrax posted:

The guy who says "brevity is the soul of wit" is a character you're meant to see as an idiot, in a shakespearean drama, a man who was known for writing extremely long works. Our whole stupid culture has been misinterpreting that quote for centuries.

Edit: for clarity I'm saying - Last of Us Good!
Luckily you could watch an entire rendition of hamlet in the time it would take you to watch some nobody on youtube talk about a middling game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Would rather watch the video review

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's also erroneous to think all of Shakespeare's plays were crazily long, Hamlet is the clear outlier here. You could watch A Midsummer Night's Dream unabridged in a tidy 90 minutes. The Tempest in two hours. Even Othello & King Lear clock in around 3-3.5 hours unabridged, which isn't exactly unheard of for theatre.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

check out this wit: Failus Marius

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

exquisite tea posted:

It's also erroneous to think all of Shakespeare's plays were crazily long, Hamlet is the clear outlier here. You could watch A Midsummer Night's Dream unabridged in a tidy 90 minutes. The Tempest in two hours. Even Othello & King Lear clock in around 3-3.5 hours unabridged, which isn't exactly unheard of for theatre.

That's not really my point, he was a prolific writer who wrote things that were intentionally complex, multi-layered, and not generally "brief." It's one in a long line of examples where people think that because the character said a thing, that's what the author *believes* - which is not necessarily the case. It's like how people think Tyler Durden is the good guy in Fight Club. People notoriously can't separate fiction from the author.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gaius Marius posted:

Luckily you could watch an entire rendition of hamlet in the time it would take you to watch some nobody on youtube talk about a middling game.

Tim is actually quite popular and well known. Good to pop him on podcast style while you clean the house or engage in other mundane things!