Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Like each of you, my son will also be named Dort.

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/1364778715398479873

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Woooo

The East owns

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
DORT!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dexo posted:

Woooo

The East owns

Toronto just lost so Bulls might be higher.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Dexo posted:

Woooo

The East owns

It's a shame the E/W series look so bad, because that seems like enormous league parity otherwise.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1364760276256579584?s=20

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Hey go Hornets. Just watching the game now but it’s nice that Monk has finally developed into a reliable 10 points that can occasionally go nuclear

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

tomorrow at 9am PST top shot is selling a 6 moment pack for $99.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

Anyone interested in a veteran wing who puts together a couple of nice plays every 3 or 4 games?
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1364689016533245953?s=20

The Pels are in a desperate need for a player like this.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

GR3 has been shooting the 3 well and doesn’t appear to make a ton of mistakes when playing. But he’s losing out to DaQuan Jeffries in the rotation and rarely seems to make an impact. He’s a Lean Cuisine microwave dinner that has Guy Fieri DDD hype and recognition

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

GR3 has been shooting the 3 well and doesn’t appear to make a ton of mistakes when playing. But he’s losing out to DaQuan Jeffries in the rotation and rarely seems to make an impact. He’s a Lean Cuisine microwave dinner that has Guy Fieri DDD hype and recognition

The Pels don't have a real wing on the roster.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
seriously please make a thread for the top shot bullshit

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Like each of you, my son will also be named Dort.

Dort son of Dort.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ketchup vs catsup posted:

tomorrow at 9am PST top shot is selling a 6 moment pack for $99.

So if I understand this correctly you're going to wake up early tomorrow morning to buy gifs of basketball plays for a hundred dollars

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Doltos posted:

So if I understand this correctly you're going to wake up early tomorrow morning to buy gifs of basketball plays for a hundred dollars

I'll have been up for 3-3.5 hours by then, and thus far my $18 of basketball gifs is worth EDIT: $1400 and rising.

EDIT 2: VVVV my bad I'm done

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 25, 2021

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

MourningView posted:

seriously please make a thread for the top shot bullshit

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

oh no not whiteside
https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/1364689820270743553

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Trying to catch up on okc/sas.
Shai had 42 pts on .650 shooting. drat he's good. Spurs could have used Vassell (harder to spell then you'd expect)on him

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 25, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Whiteside as a richman's Javale McGee, I'll take it, I'll take anything slightly positive.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

People say Whiteside gets exposed on the perimeter. Which he does. But it completely unsells how bad he is at tracking people. You don't even need to drag him out on the perimeter, he constantly loses track of guys cutting by him when he's camping in the key. And he's as groundbound as Gasol without the basketball IQ or trickery to use his bulk effectively.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

People say Whiteside gets exposed on the perimeter. Which he does. But it completely unsells how bad he is at tracking people. You don't even need to drag him out on the perimeter, he constantly loses track of guys cutting by him when he's camping in the key. And he's as groundbound as Gasol without the basketball IQ or trickery to use his bulk effectively.

Remember when he was playing for his NBA life and a contract? He was one of the best rim protectors in the NBA

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Playing for Sacramento on a one year minimum deal is basically one foot out of the league

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

You are right I already regret that post above I have been on the "actually Whiteside is bad" for like ten years now, this moment of weakness will haunt me.

My dream signee is Korver at this point. But he might be retired.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Imagine if Whiteside was leading that team. They'd be the Miami Cold(dave portnoy payed me to post this)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

Playing for Sacramento on a one year minimum deal is basically one foot out of the league

yeah if anyone thought Whiteside was good he wouldn't be playing on one year deals for bad teams lol, everyone understands by now that he's completely empty calories. Gonna be interesting to see if the same thing happens with Drummond once his deal is up or if he can fool people for a little longer.

I didn't realize DaQuan Jeffries was playing now but he was one of my favorite second round guys in that draft so I'm glad he's good enough to push The Big Dog's trash kid out of a job. Although Utah could probably use GR3 and has two open roster spots now.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Trying to catch up on okc/sas.
Shai had 42 pts on .650 shooting. drat he's good. Spurs could have used Vassell (harder to spell then you'd expect)on him

Shai is so loving good. Hope tonight helps him get that AD all star spot

MourningView fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Feb 25, 2021

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Unrelated to anything, bumped into 34-year-old Andre Miller's shot chart from that 52-point game against Dallas

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Nvm!

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

MourningView posted:

Shai is so loving good. Hope tonight helps him get that AD all star spot

Bad news

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

big boi posted:

Bad news

Yeah I just saw that whoops. That sucks! He's better than several guys on the team. Their rebuild is going to go so much faster just having him already in place, if they get a top 3 pick they're gonna take off fast.

Also very bummed for Conley who blew what was probably the best chance at making an all star game of his career by getting injured and seems genuinely really sad about it, though he was still great last night. Probably gonna retire as the best player to never make one? If not he'd be way up there.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

The new Simmons take is that he's the clear best non all-star ever, which is better for his legacy than if he makes it once, which makes him yet another all-star. Personally I just want all former Grit 'n' Grind players to be happy

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
If it's anything, I fan voted for Mike. He's been awesome

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MourningView posted:

Yeah I just saw that whoops. That sucks! He's better than several guys on the team. Their rebuild is going to go so much faster just having him already in place, if they get a top 3 pick they're gonna take off fast.

Also very bummed for Conley who blew what was probably the best chance at making an all star game of his career by getting injured and seems genuinely really sad about it, though he was still great last night. Probably gonna retire as the best player to never make one? If not he'd be way up there.

i think that position was previously staked out by one andre miller so yeah, probably conley

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's that time of the year folks

https://twitter.com/BrianTRobb/status/1364945441264201730

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1364948322746855427?s=19

Danny 5 Aces time you love to see it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't know why it's still so funny to me but I really do laugh every time this happens

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I've gone from forgetting Thad was on the team and maybe hoping for a 2nd for him to believing he is untouchable and mustnot be traded, he is the only Bull who can pass and we cannot break up the Thad/Zach friendship.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
i cannot believe how much effort I spent on making up fake gobert trades this offseason what a ding dong i am

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

I think he's mostly right that you probably get a better deal in the off-season and I don't think there is anyone they can use that on that would mean them getting to the ECF, much less further. It's still funny Ainge keeps trying these same tricks.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
It just seems inevitable they'll use it on Horford and toss in a protected first or something, and then hope some magic happens that pushes them to the next level. I guess waiting on that for something to fall in your lap is fine but just keep loling that they tried to NBA2k trade-screen "let's keep trying to get extra first rounders" and lost Turner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MourningView posted:

He's already the league leader in getting into the paint and super efficient lol. I really don't know how teams will be able to stop him when he's surrounded by other guys who can score