Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Isiah vs Adam 5 5.88%
Varsity Blonds vs Team Taz 3 3.53%
Nyla Rose vs Britt Baker 23 27.06%
Rey Fenix vs The Murderhawk Monster 54 63.53%
Total: 85 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My girlfriend thought they were trying to do a bit with Kenny in the metal shop where the saw was covering up what he was trying to say but I had to tell her that no actually they just for some reason are terrible at getting audio in backstage segments. It would've been funny if they worked it into the segment, like "I'll tell you what I'm gonna do to moxley I'm gonna - "ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR"- and when I'm done i'm going to - "ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But no it seemed like they were just in an actual metal shop which is a loud place to film a segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

explosivo posted:

My girlfriend thought they were trying to do a bit with Kenny in the metal shop where the saw was covering up what he was trying to say but I had to tell her that no actually they just for some reason are terrible at getting audio in backstage segments. It would've been funny if they worked it into the segment, like "I'll tell you what I'm gonna do to moxley I'm gonna - "ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR"- and when I'm done i'm going to - "ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But no it seemed like they were just in an actual metal shop which is a loud place to film a segment.

Listen, they need to multitask to stay on track at this point – there's only so much time until Revolution and if Kenny isn't needlessly hammering a stray piece of metal, who will?

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/FlyinBrianJr/status/1364993642788773893

Looks like Pillman broke his ribs on the stairs last night, all things considered I think he got off easy with how bad that could have been.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

AK-47 posted:

https://twitter.com/FlyinBrianJr/status/1364993642788773893

Looks like Pillman broke his ribs on the stairs last night, all things considered I think he got off easy with how bad that could have been.

Yeah he was checking the back of his head once he got in the ring, I was worried he caught the corner of the stairs on his head.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Do you have stairs in your house? Get rid of them Jesus loving Christ

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

You could tell Cage was concerned, he was straight over to check on him almost as soon as he’d thrown him, and he exchanged words as he was pinning him too

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, that was scary looking. I was trying to look at Pillman's leg after that because my first thought was that the back of his leg would have gotten destroyed by falling on the corner of the steps like that.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kenny’s boots are amazing heel work (npi)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Listening to WOLive right now, Bryan said that he got confirmation that Papa Buck wanted to do a blade job last night but everyone else rightfully said no.

Can't fault Papa Buck for trying, I'd want to do the same.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

lmao beaten

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i don't understand how the powerbomb into the ring post was supposed to go safely unless they meant to do it on a ring post without the stairs next to it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

Listening to WOLive right now, Bryan said that he got confirmation that Papa Buck wanted to do a blade job last night but everyone else rightfully said no.

The Bucks just keep talking people out of blade jobs!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Pinwiz11 posted:

papa buck wanted that hardway lesnar color to pop the boys

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1365043163593773056

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

e: image wasn't embedding, clipped it and rehosted

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Honestly it's insane to me that 600k+ people tune into NXT weekly

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Eat poo poo Guys Grocery Games

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Ratings for the ratings gods

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Eat poo poo Guys Grocery Games

But you only have 60 seconds to get your ingredients okay 321 GO

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
another win for the Big Show

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Even NXT beat Fox News lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pinwiz11 posted:

Even NXT beat Fox News lol

I don't think I realized until now just how much not having Trump hosed over Fox's ratings lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We'll get you next week housewives :argh:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

explosivo posted:

But you only have 60 seconds to get your ingredients okay 321 GO

Way too obvious, you gotta hide your 321 go in the sentence way better so people don't realize you've already said it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

another win for the good guys

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
WWE: we own your likeness, you can't have any outside revenue streams

The Lucha Bros in AEW: WE OPENED A 4000 FOOT LUCHA STORE AND ART GALLERY

https://twitter.com/republicoflucha/status/1363570278903652353?s=20

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Senerio posted:

Way too obvious, you gotta hide your 321 go in the sentence way better so people don't realize you've already said it

I dunno how people go on that show and still get surprised by that. I guess when you're being filmed for a TV show you probably forget to think about stuff like that.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

explosivo posted:

nxt watchers i know talked up the show a lot, people very into cameron grimes's new bit, plus they inexplicable enjoy the serial killer guy, and a "big" heel turn at the end.

in terms of strictly in-context stuff, i think more "impactful" things happened on nxt than aew, but it's kinda whatever and i don't think the best nxt matches surpassed the good aew matches this week.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Nice. Solid rating and a HEFTY demo of 0.35

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i don't understand how the powerbomb into the ring post was supposed to go safely unless they meant to do it on a ring post without the stairs next to it.

I think Cage threw him slightly off. It probably still could have worked if he tossed him dead-center against the post, but it looked like he threw him slightly to the right. On any other side of the ring it wouldn't have been as big of a problem.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
not as good as a NXT: Stand by week but still good

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
the commentating kinda annoyed me last night. way too much plugging of poo poo during matches. it was overkill.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DuhSal posted:

the commentating kinda annoyed me last night. way too much plugging of poo poo during matches. it was overkill.

PPV's in a week, gotta get their poo poo in. I agree though, it did feel more heavy handed than it normally does. Especially when they also had to squeeze in OH AND PAUL WIGHT IS HERE in between the plugs they already did on the show when they recorded it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

explosivo posted:

like 40 people watch nxt but there's a bunch of cable boxes in a big warehouse outside Orlando that are tuned it for sure.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They wanted to plug the B/R Special too.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

You couldn’t pay me to watch NXT or any WWE product at this point

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

From her new shirt, it looks like Malenko has given Deeb the (wo)man of a thousand holds moniker.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/wrestlingleva/status/1365030704439033861?s=20

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

explosivo posted:

I don't think I realized until now just how much not having Trump hosed over Fox's ratings lol

Its more that they betrayed Trump by not continuing to push the Stolen Election Communist Takeover Of America narrative.

Although the last poll I saw said that Almost 40% of Republicans still get their news exclusively from fox and all the harder right full fasc propaganda outlets are below 10%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

This makes me want to see Leva Bates in the ring. Not necessarily wrestling, but in the ring.