Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

MrTargetPractice posted:

Xcom 2 as well. If feels like when they fo VO work they come as a package.

sirtis' voicework is so phoned-in that i can't stand using her character and always kill her off for reaper 2 or 3. namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The short fat guy is clearly a pakled

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I was thinking Tellarite

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

watched Dear Doctor last night and fell asleep

also im the 4:3 projector screen in the enterprise mess hall

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 25, 2021

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Just watched Enterprise "Cogenitor" and what a dogshit episode that was.

"This person has just had their first taste of freedom, but we have to send them back into slavery. Oh, they killed themself? That's your fault for teaching them to read."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Pondex posted:

Just watched Enterprise "Cogenitor" and what a dogshit episode that was.

"This person has just had their first taste of freedom, but we have to send them back into slavery. Oh, they killed themself? That's your fault for teaching them to read."
Enterprise has some really morally terrible episodes

Like yes, Voyager has Tuvix, but Enterprise has Cogenitor and Dear Doctor

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

I was thinking Tellarite

That's a tellarite. I don't think that's what they're going for.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

woaOOOAHHoooooooooh

tellarite

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think that's just a space dwarf, from that mining station

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

I think that's just a space dwarf, from that mining station

julian wasn't that short

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

numberoneposter posted:

watched Dear Doctor last night and fell asleep

also im the 4:3 projector screen in the enterprise mess hall

You can date Enterprise to the end of the 90's by the fancy high-tech 4:3 LCD monitors everywhere that probably have like a 800x600 resolution.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

terk wave

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

wesley lamented because there were no more lands to conquer

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CainFortea posted:

That's a tellarite. I don't think that's what they're going for.
It's a little closer to the Disco/Picard redesign

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
did they ever make a ship like this:

why or why not

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Khanstant posted:

why or why not

If it's a place people are supposed to go, then a long hallway is prob more convenient than a long jeffires tube for workers to access on foot.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
is there any reason it couldnt be long hallways in that configuration? theyre in space lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Khanstant posted:

is there any reason it couldnt be long hallways in that configuration? theyre in space lol

The gravity plating can go wherever. But you probably want the long bits to have the same gravity orientation as the saucer, so people don't turn the corner and fall over all the time.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Just rotate the whole thing 90°

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Facebook Aunt posted:

The gravity plating can go wherever. But you probably want the long bits to have the same gravity orientation as the saucer, so people don't turn the corner and fall over all the time.

but that's the fun part!!!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
generally any ship with warp nacelles has them parallel to the orientation of the ship because the warp bubble is an oblong shape centered on the nacelles. but it's not like st doesn't constantly violate its own rules, so anything is fine.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Just make it need an elevator, Disco shows they know how to make a nice hub area for tardises to get around in, past Trek lets elevators kind of go where they need to. OSHA would require a curved floor by default, plus ten minutes of mario galaxy and anyone can sort out gravity shifts.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Imagine regularly having to go from the bottom end of one nacelle to the bottom end of the other. Three days into your assignment you'd be trying to become buds with the transporter chief.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Khanstant posted:

why or why not

The, uh, mass distribution of the ship and the warp field alignment and the saucer helping shape the something and, uh, stuff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My Lovely Horse posted:

Imagine regularly having to go from the bottom end of one nacelle to the bottom end of the other. Three days into your assignment you'd be trying to become buds with the transporter chief.

Tea, earl gray, hot.

"no tea. Crab juice"

Aawwww, don't you have anything else?

"Fresca"

One crab juice please

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

possibly the best trek fanservice in twenty years

(what's the best trek fanservice ever? it's the big enterprise flyby from TMP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbnBZH-eLIs

)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTTXy4y1jn4

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/pcM2Egi.mp4

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

i know this scene is being played for laughs but i sincerely love it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

evilmiera posted:

I used to live in a commune where the local Mensa member organized tv viewings and they picked Picard to watch after I had gotten us to watch Mandalorian.

They really liked it, whereas I had to restrain myself from riffing on it and eventually I just weaseled out of tv nights by claiming exhaustion. Which wasn't untrue, I was pretty exhausted of watching Picard.

also, wow, i think we missed this post? i can't help but wonder how many stories are bundled with "used to live in a commune [with a] local Mensa member"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

it warms my heart that even in my mid-thirties i can still laugh at something as simply silly as Odo saying the phrase "penis obsession" (and that zoom at the end is doing some work too)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

possibly the best trek fanservice in twenty years

The friggin Hiroshima of damning with faint praise

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
hello.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zfx7RiDbNM

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
It’s honestly amazing how little Avery Brooks ages. Also amazing how much trouble I have reconciling Bald Brooks and Hair Brooks as the same person.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
He doesn't experience linear time, I thought you watched the show :grognard:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i don't think brookes was being crazy in The Captains, I think he realised what a waste a time it would be to try smarten Shatner up about race-relations so he just banged some tunes out & took the payday

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Royal Updog posted:

i don't think brookes was being crazy in The Captains, I think he realised what a waste a time it would be to try smarten Shatner up about race-relations so he just banged some tunes out & took the payday

He'd be far from the first person to just use Trek as a paycheck. At least he had the decency to give a drat during the production. And no one wants to see that specific conversation happen unless it ends in a death battle.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Had me half-sold on the series until they started talking.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

doctorfrog posted:

Had me half-sold on the series until they started talking.

Lower decks is the best modern Trek show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't like the show at all and i still agree with that statement.