Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

That kitchen is also still making me furious. Minimalist stove/fridge/sink, terrible work triangle, no counterspace, and a grand total of four cabinets, only one above counter level.

No one who likes to cook was involved in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

HOT BREAD! posted:

Ugh, I'm going to be looking to buy a house in the near future and I am not looking forward to picking through all those whitewashed "renovations". Got a lot of nerve charging double for artic white paint and grey laminate :argh:

Not to mention cheap grey laminate in the bathroom, one place I 100% would not "vulnerable to water damage if not perfectly installed with no flaws" flooring.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hey that's the same Kraus sink/faucet combo I have

it's a very nice sink! tons of space.

but yeah pretty bad, the floor is even gray? wtf is that poo poo

hard floors should be wood, or look like wood (i.e. laminates)

Liquid Communism posted:

That kitchen is also still making me furious. Minimalist stove/fridge/sink, terrible work triangle, no counterspace, and a grand total of four cabinets, only one above counter level.

No one who likes to cook was involved in that.

why would that sink be bad for someone who likes to cook? as I said I have it, and I'm definitely not a big cook, but I can see how having space for larger pots and pans being really nice.

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 25, 2021

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

actionjackson posted:

hey that's the same Kraus sink/faucet combo I have

it's a very nice sink! tons of space.

but yeah pretty bad, the floor is even gray? wtf is that poo poo

hard floors should be wood, or look like wood (i.e. laminates)

I've got grey wood laminate in my unit. It's not good looking in person either. Granted mine is a little more woodlike than that (and, much to my chagrin, I at least have carpet to offset it instead of constant wood).

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

SkyeAuroline posted:

I've got grey wood laminate in my unit. It's not good looking in person either. Granted mine is a little more woodlike than that (and, much to my chagrin, I at least have carpet to offset it instead of constant wood).

sorry I should have been more clear, when I said wood or looks like wood, that includes being brown :)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

All that grey flooring just makes me think of a grim unfinished basement. Why are people so afraid of color?

Okay, maybe be a little afraid of color.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

easy fixup imo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Facebook Aunt posted:

All that grey flooring just makes me think of a grim unfinished basement. Why are people so afraid of color?

Okay, maybe be a little afraid of color.

Memphis Design loving rules sorry

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

actionjackson posted:

sorry I should have been more clear, when I said wood or looks like wood, that includes being brown :)

Yeah. I agree.
Give me actual wood or close enough, please. And no more carpet.
Tile bathrooms though. Wood absorbing water sucks and even if normal wood is safe, laminate never seems to manage it.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

SkyeAuroline posted:

Yeah. I agree.
Give me actual wood or close enough, please. And no more carpet.
Tile bathrooms though. Wood absorbing water sucks and even if normal wood is safe, laminate never seems to manage it.

when you said no white surfaces, I hope the bathroom is excluded :p

yes tile is great of course, the other option I would consider for a bathroom floor is stone

I like the idea of putting a very dark gray hexagon pattern tile in my bathroom

my laminate floors are able to deal with water, but only for up to 24 hours, which is why I don't have them in the bathroom or kitchen

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

actionjackson posted:

I grew up with a nice desaturated teal bathroom (with a wood floor, but still). I liked that look.

Nothing white will ever look clean as long as someone lives there.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What ever happened to linoleum? I've lived dozens of places and they all had lino in the bathroom and kitchen. A couple had lino tiles, which are awful and filthy, but sheet lino has always been a friend to me. Now people talk like it's not even an option anymore.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Facebook Aunt posted:

What ever happened to linoleum? I've lived dozens of places and they all had lino in the bathroom and kitchen. A couple had lino tiles, which are awful and filthy, but sheet lino has always been a friend to me. Now people talk like it's not even an option anymore.

It's apparently not liked any more. As I discovered when trying to clean my last place's awful vinyl tiles and finding out they were individual stick-ons over a perfectly good linoleum floor.

Linoleum is fine, I just don't prefer it.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

SkyeAuroline posted:

I grew up with a nice desaturated teal bathroom (with a wood floor, but still). I liked that look.

Nothing white will ever look clean as long as someone lives there.

sort of, on one hand it encourages you to clean your bathroom regularly, but also I'm sure there are differences in white bathroom surfaces that result in stains showing up more or less easily. I would definitely want something more on the matte end.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

actionjackson posted:

yes tile is great of course, the other option I would consider for a bathroom floor is stone

I like the idea of putting a very dark gray hexagon pattern tile in my bathroom

my laminate floors are able to deal with water, but only for up to 24 hours, which is why I don't have them in the bathroom or kitchen

Pink bathrooms are the best bathrooms. Baby blue, mint green, pale yellow and lavender are also acceptable. Turning an older colorful tiled bathroom into generic monochrome trash makes baby jesus cry.

Also I don't understand why so many builders and renovators will just put in showers in their bathrooms, even when there's space for a bathtub. Like, do they not want to sell to families with children? Or really, any adult who wants to bathe once in a while? I just have a shower stall in my apartment and I have come very close to renting a hotel room for a night just to take a dang bath.

Also also linoleum is better than vinyl and far more environmentally friendly. I've heard good things about Marmoleum which is lino with more recycled/sustainably-grown materials.

Youth Decay fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 25, 2021

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Youth Decay posted:

Pink bathrooms are the best bathrooms. Baby blue, mint green, pale yellow and lavender are also acceptable. Turning an older colorful tiled bathroom into generic monochrome trash makes baby jesus cry.

it doesn't have to be one or the other, I have white surfaces with chrome fixtures, but the cabinets are maple, the towels are dark brown, and the wall is darkish blue with gray undertones. Definitely "earthy" but not monochromatic at all.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think we picked that exact vinyl plank grey. :lol:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Imagine turning around from that fridge, moving towards the sink area counter, and slamming your hip into the table... forever. The kitchen is malice.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Propaganda Hour posted:

Imagine turning around from that fridge, moving towards the sink area counter, and slamming your hip into the table... forever. The kitchen is malice.

I approve of this negative energy towards kitchen islands

Vintersorg posted:

I think we picked that exact vinyl plank grey. :lol:

gray CAN work as a floor, just depends on what color everything else is

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

For all the walls we went with Greek Villa

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW7551-greek-villa

Our accent wall in the living room will be Faded Flaxflower

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW9146

Our bedroom we are doing Downing Slate behind the bed's wall

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW2819-downing-slate

Did a test yesterday on the wall and it looked nice to me.

Cabinets are these, brown on the bottom, the lighter colour on top:

We didn't get that quartz and upgraded to one that looks more marbley since I didn't like the nougat look.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Youth Decay posted:

Also also linoleum is better than vinyl and far more environmentally friendly. I've heard good things about Marmoleum which is lino with more recycled/sustainably-grown materials.

We put Marmoleum Click tiles on our previous kitchen and they were very nice. Easy to install, durable and had a kind of warm? feel to them. Plus you can get them in all kinds of fun colours! Also as a very clumsy person its nice that you can drop your glassware on it without everything breaking immediately. Tiles would be my mortal enemy in kitchen.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Liquid Communism posted:

Someone at HGTV needs to be fed into a wood chipper for starting this.

Behold, a normal, mid-50's midwestern house!

Now let's take a look inside.

Uhoh.

What in the world...

This poor house.

It did not deserve this.

I don't know which bedroom this is, they're identical.

They even did the basement. :psyduck:

Drumroll please.... 864 square feet, sold for $112,000 in October 2020. Apparently doing this... thing to it without even bothering to repaint the outside makes them believe they deserve an 72,000 dollar payday, as it went on the market for $184,900.

Hooray I can see the rest of the images now! Couldn’t see anything but the first image on the app but changed the file extension to jpg from webp or whatever Zillow image links default to that screws with display on mobile.

Anyways, I can’t stand interiors where you find yourself wondering why the photographer was shooting in black and white. So bleak and sterile and not cozy. This house is especially atrocious. Not even any garish staging to offset the colorless depressive vibe.

The only interiors where I like monochrome are art museums so that you can enjoy the art and not get distracted by poo poo that is not the art.

My friend who was looking at houses would send me links and I stopped being able to tell the interiors apart because they were all agreeable gray mostly with LVT floors of varying levels of grayness/ugliness. They were all prewar cottages and row houses built from templates so they basically all had the same layout so no differentiation there.

I wonder if we’re heading for a tipping point where if you want the house you’re selling to stand out and be the least bit memorable you paint it not gray or monochrome, or at least paint a few rooms interesting not-gray colors. Like “oh yeah the house with the sage dining room - I distinctly remember and therefore like that one” instead of all the samey gray interiors bleeding together in a buyer’s mind.

Facebook Aunt posted:

I think most of the contemporary roll-up sheet stuff is vinyl rather than proper linoleum. We had the unconvincing travertine flavor in our apartment kitchen and bathrooms and in a rental it was fantastic - indestructible, easy to clean, and soft (I dropped plates and poo poo on it and they didn’t break).

The term linoleum has come to be used for more flooring materials than actual linoleum, kind of like tinfoil in that we’re really talking about aluminum foil. A lot of the stuff I assumed to be linoleum for a long time was actually just vinyl-based products or sometimes terrazzo (cool as gently caress flooring that’s not really used residentially anymore even though it should be because it is awesome).

Youth Decay posted:

We looked at some houses that were built late 30’s to early 40’s and a few had at least a couple completely original bathrooms. I’m kicking myself for not taking more/better pics, but here are a few:

This is the best toilet - perfectly preserved, hilariously giant tank that definitely uses like 30 gallons a flush, set in an adorable fully original bathroom with matching lavender fixtures and tile trim. I told my husband that if we bought this house, this bathroom would stay exactly as it was for all time. We did not buy that house, obviously.

This bathroom had a more unusual color scheme - magenta/tan/pink, but I still dug it. Looks like it was mucked with at some point (vanity looks kinda 60’s and might have replaced a pedestal sink), but the tile work on the walls was in perfect condition.

They also did monochrome in this era, but made use of super high contrast and neat little details like in the border trim and intricate tile designs in the floor and also neat fixture design (note the cool angles on epic original deco sink and the bland nondescript curves of the contemporary replacement toilet). Far cry from the pallid monochrome poo poo we have today. Today’s trendy monochrome looks just feel... meek in comparison. Just washed out and bland. I think this bathroom was in the same house as the lavender one. Only things I would have done in this bathroom was paint (not a fan of that taupe) and replaced the toilet with something better-looking, like one of Kohler’s more angular vintage-looking models or actual vintage).

Overall, the quality of the tile work in this era is largely unmatched today. So if you tear it out, what you replace it with will very likely be inferior. My buddy has a prewar house with a 50’s bathroom that’s mostly been trashed/cheaply modified except for the cerulean wall tile, so I advised him to rip out everything except the tile work, roll with the color and go from there.

Our house has its original Victorian wall tile in the bathroom, all bone white subway with cute colorful detailing and trim.

It’s over a hundred years old so it’s starting to deteriorate and the hand-painted glazing on the cute ribbon and garland tiles is mostly rubbed off, but when it comes time to our bathroom remodel, I’m going salvage as much of the material as I can. I really really want to reuse the cap tiles. And the plain subway tiles, which are completely flat and and have no bevel. Also want the super thin grout lines - would have to convince the tile guy to put away his normal spacers and use pennies, which was how they did it back in the day, or penny-thickness spacers if such a thing exists.

But yeah, it’s white, so the new bathroom will be predominantly white, but I want to do actual colorful stuff in it too, like use a neato colorful marble as the vanity top, decorative trim tiles, and a contrasty design in the floor.

quote:

Also I don't understand why so many builders and renovators will just put in showers in their bathrooms, even when there's space for a bathtub. Like, do they not want to sell to families with children? Or really, any adult who wants to bathe once in a while? I just have a shower stall in my apartment and I have come very close to renting a hotel room for a night just to take a dang bath.

I don’t get this either. Even my dad was advocating ditching the tub and just having a big shower in our bathroom, which would be dumb because we do eventually want to start a family and this is the one bathroom where there is enough space for a proper tub (unless we want to build a full bathroom in our creepy unfinished basement for some reason).

quote:

Yeah for sure. You’d think that with the push for sustainability that stuff like linoleum would be a more popular option and that vinyl, a petroleum product, would be getting a bit more scrutiny. But I guess it’s easier to dissociate it from the oil industry because it’s a building material, not fuel being burned.

Also Marmoleum has some super cool patterns and colors. I’d take it over wood/stone-look vinyl any day.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

People often conflate linoleum and PVC and/or assume that they are both plastic products. Linoleum was superseded by vinyl in the 1950s-60s and never really regained popularity, so the ugly, peeling, yellowed kitchen floors many of us grew up with and called "linoleum" were just cheap vinyl.

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

Youth Decay posted:

People often conflate linoleum and PVC and/or assume that they are both plastic products. Linoleum was superseded by vinyl in the 1950s-60s and never really regained popularity, so the ugly, peeling, yellowed kitchen floors many of us grew up with and called "linoleum" were just cheap vinyl.

Yup. I don’t know how many of y’all watch Restored (an excellent show that is what it says on the tin) - its host, Brett Waterman, has a thing for linoleum and gets super excited when he pulls up 20 layers of plastic crap and finds the original 1910s linoleum in the kitchen and and will go to great lengths to meticulously patch and restore it. Will also install new (real) linoleum if appropriate for the house.

Seriously, he is one of two HGTV/DIY people I’d let do things to my house, the other being Nicole Curtis of Rehab Addict.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I moved into a place a year or so ago that had that same white walls, gray laminate fake wood floors, white trim, white tile in the bathrooms, and even white countertops.

Apparently the previous owner didn't leave it in great shape and at least they did a competent job painting everything white.

I've spent my whole time living here un-whiting it which is what led me to this thread. I'm being much more bold with my design choices than I would have been on my own so thanks!

Still not sure what to do with the floor though. I've got rugs in a few places but in the end it just looks horrible. If it weren't brand new I would have replaced it before I moved in.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

yeah laminate planks that are supposed to look like wood don't really work when they are... gray

i'm very happy with my medium oak color ones

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

Still not sure what to do with the floor though. I've got rugs in a few places but in the end it just looks horrible. If it weren't brand new I would have replaced it before I moved in.

If you want to get away from laminate/LVT in general, pre-finished hardwood is always an excellent choice, in my opinion. Material-wise it’s on the expensive side, but easy to install and waaaay less of a hassle than site-finishing a hardwood floor. Also the finish they use on it is applied with dark voodoo magic and is extremely durable and will last for decades and look good all the while (after which point it can be sanded and refinished because it’s solid wood and then last for decades more).

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

laminate is not the same as LVT, just clarifying. I didn't do LVT because I heard it can have issues where it's exposed to direct sunlight.

depending on where you live, hardwood might not be a great idea. I'm in a condo and we aren't even allowed to put in hardwood - I don't know the exact reason but something to do with the subfloor? not sure.

Also I've heard that areas where you have large changes in humidity throughout the year you have to be a bit careful because the wood will naturally expand and contract.

that might be related to the no hardwood thing in my building - there are definitely areas where there's a very small gap under the moulding, and areas where there is not, so I assume the subfloor is just slightly uneven. We have huge humidity swings so perhaps if it was hardwood it would be unable to expand in certain spots.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Queen Victorian posted:

They also did monochrome in this era, but made use of super high contrast and neat little details like in the border trim and intricate tile designs in the floor and also neat fixture design (note the cool angles on epic original deco sink and the bland nondescript curves of the contemporary replacement toilet). Far cry from the pallid monochrome poo poo we have today. Today’s trendy monochrome looks just feel... meek in comparison. Just washed out and bland. I think this bathroom was in the same house as the lavender one. Only things I would have done in this bathroom was paint (not a fan of that taupe) and replaced the toilet with something better-looking, like one of Kohler’s more angular vintage-looking models or actual vintage).

Hey, that's the exact floor and almost the exact surround in my bathroom! My house is an old kit house built in 1937, like most of the houses in my neighborhood. I haven't been able to pin down who the manufacturer is; Montgomery-Ward, maybe. i love my bathroom, but a lot of the tiles are cracked and the floor has some stains. We were looking into reno-ing it at one point and wanted to make a point of trying to stay as period-correct as possible. I really love the black and white.

e. I really wish I had pics of the bsthrooms in my mom's last house. She had one pink, one powder blue, and one in shades of tan tile. The tan she decorated with teal accents; It looked really nice.

pastor of muppets fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 26, 2021

Queen Victorian
Feb 21, 2018

actionjackson posted:

laminate is not the same as LVT, just clarifying. I didn't do LVT because I heard it can have issues where it's exposed to direct sunlight.

depending on where you live, hardwood might not be a great idea. I'm in a condo and we aren't even allowed to put in hardwood - I don't know the exact reason but something to do with the subfloor? not sure.

Also I've heard that areas where you have large changes in humidity throughout the year you have to be a bit careful because the wood will naturally expand and contract.

that might be related to the no hardwood thing in my building - there are definitely areas where there's a very small gap under the moulding, and areas where there is not, so I assume the subfloor is just slightly uneven. We have huge humidity swings so perhaps if it was hardwood it would be unable to expand in certain spots.

In cases where humidity shifts/moisture is a concern, there’s always engineered hardwood, which remains dimensionally stable and looks just like solid hardwood (due to the surface being real wood).

There’s also quarter-sawn oak, which will also remain more stable in temp/humidity shifts due to the much greater uniformity in its grain. But it’s a good deal more expensive than plain sawn.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the advice on hardwood and laminates. I'll probably replace this awful gray at some point but I feel really bad ripping off essentially new flooring. And it seems to be very durable so far.

If I change it it'll absolutely be a classic wood tone of some type.

I mean look at this

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Queen Victorian posted:

In cases where humidity shifts/moisture is a concern, there’s always engineered hardwood, which remains dimensionally stable and looks just like solid hardwood (due to the surface being real wood).

There’s also quarter-sawn oak, which will also remain more stable in temp/humidity shifts due to the much greater uniformity in its grain. But it’s a good deal more expensive than plain sawn.

ah ok, I'm not sure if the restriction applies to engineered hardwood. But yeah huge humidity shifts here, in the winter I have to use static guard on stuff constantly because it gets so dry.

does engineered hardwood have some of the issues regular hardwood does in terms of pets? specifically their nails cause scratches on the surface. I read you want a certain amount of hardness to avoid that.

also definitely more expensive, my laminate was 2.19/SF, many of these engineered ones are at least twice that.

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

Thanks for the advice on hardwood and laminates. I'll probably replace this awful gray at some point but I feel really bad ripping off essentially new flooring. And it seems to be very durable so far.

If I change it it'll absolutely be a classic wood tone of some type.

I mean look at this

if it really annoys you you could try getting a chilewich mat in the kitchen at least. they have a ton of colors, don't require any sort of pad, and are super easy to clean and anti-microbial.

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 26, 2021

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

actionjackson posted:

why would that sink be bad for someone who likes to cook? as I said I have it, and I'm definitely not a big cook, but I can see how having space for larger pots and pans being really nice.

The sink itself isn't an issue, but the path from fridge to sink requires going around that island's corner, and there's not enough working space next to the stove for even a spice rack. No mounted microwave either so if you want one you'll have to eat 2-3 feet of counter for it.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 26, 2021

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

there's a dishwasher right next to the sink

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

pastor of muppets posted:

Hey, that's the exact floor and almost the exact surround in my bathroom! My house is an old kit house built in 1937, like most of the houses in my neighborhood. I haven't been able to pin down who the manufacturer is; Montgomery-Ward, maybe. i love my bathroom, but a lot of the tiles are cracked and the floor has some stains. We were looking into reno-ing it at one point and wanted to make a point of trying to stay as period-correct as possible. I really love the black and white.

e. I really wish I had pics of the bsthrooms in my mom's last house. She had one pink, one powder blue, and one in shades of tan tile. The tan she decorated with teal accents; It looked really nice.

Maybe look at some place like this?
https://restorationtile.com/

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

actionjackson posted:

there's a dishwasher right next to the sink

Yeah, I noticed it after I posted.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hey congrats, that Greek Villa should really brighten up the room. I'm looking to repaint my living room and am looking for something similar. I have Softer Tan from SW, but I don't get a ton of light, and I don't use a ton of lighting, so I want something with a higher LRV than 60. I also want something with more white (which is kind of inevitable with a higher LRV), but not so white that it creates a harsh contrast with my chocolate brown countertops.

again, not that looking at these on a monitor is this useful, but I found this one

https://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/color-overview/find-your-color/color/AC-42/grand-teton-white?color=AC-42

Also I found this cool website a while ago which lets you find the RGB for any paint, and also see which paints are closest to a given paint or generic RGB combo.

https://www.easyrgb.com/en/compare.php#inputFORM

for example your RGB is 240 236 226, and this paint is 231 226 206.

My understanding is that a theoretical "pure white" would be 255 255 255 with an LRV of 100, and pure black 0 0 0 with an LRV of 0

so your paint is a bit whiter than mine, and thus has a higher LRV, and the RGB values are also closer to 255

Looking around, the most white paint produced has an LRV of 95.5

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/whitest-white-paint-global-warming-1918498

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Those are cute, and we actually have a couple similar ones, but I mean one of these deals:

For a while my husband had a hydroponic setup in the living room growing peas and lettuce but it got aphids so he tore it down. It only ever grew two pea pods anyway.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Zillow search term of the day is "straw bale". Might have done this one a while back in the old thread, before I realized that direct Zillow photo links expire.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1910-Tularosa-Rd-Lompoc-CA-93436/131052366_zpid/

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2169-Summerside-Rd-Antigonish-NS-B0H-1A0/2075252095_zpid/

cork flooring is great for kitchens but it does not look very good in its natural pattern

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/17280-Highway-135-Almont-CO-81210/2075579873_zpid/

I think the wood + tile really work well together, gives it a warm feeling, although the vanity could use an upgrade

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5013A-Needmore-Rd-Bryson-City-NC-28713/2076830436_zpid/

the loft is genius! there's a hatch in the ceiling that opens at the press of a button

when it's open the bed is kept in that nook there, then when it's needed as a bedroom the hatch can be closed and the bed rolled out

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3075-Hendricks-Rd-Lakeport-CA-95453/68976880_zpid/ ugh HDR

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/16060-Curtis-Ct-Sonora-CA-95370/16193375_zpid/ both main house and guest cottage are straw bale construction but the guest cottage is way cooler imo

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/Nevada-City-CA-95959/252080360_zpid/"Offered for sale is shared interest in 45+ acres, most of which is held in a Conservation Easement by Bear Yuba Land Trust, along with exclusive use of the 2 br., 2 bath main house and the guest studio" "Seller is dedicated to co-stewarding the land and will retain exclusive use of her 650 sq. ft. Earth Bag home w/private drive." how about no

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7643-N-Hidden-Oaks-Trl-Douglas-AZ-85607/71627933_zpid/ ugh HDR x2..but awesome house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Man that white toilet is kinda jarring in that last photo. Might be one of the few applications where one of those weird 70s brown toilets would actually look better.