Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vikar Jerome posted:

you get the ps5 version of ff7r for free and the ability to BUY the yuffie dlc.

Ah cool, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Electromax posted:

Advent Children
Before Crisis
Crisis Core
Dirge of Cerberus
Ever Crisis

I think we can safely predict the name of the second remake part now:
F Crisis

I can't wait for Incredible Crisis to come back

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Billy Gnosis posted:

I can't wait for Incredible Crisis to come back

I got to show that to my guys last week. What a game; I really loved it. And the soundtrack!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Final Fantasy VII: Time Crisis

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Gackt is trending on twitter fuckin loooool

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What did I miss in the last 150-ish messages

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1365097698601402370

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

What did I miss in the last 150-ish messages

Every video game ever made is coming to PS5 for free

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

I just got a ps5 yesterday and Astro is no longer able to start. The kids were playing it all day but now it locks up a second or two into the loading.

I have delete and reinstalled it but still no go. Any advice?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

It has like four games for adults but I'm sure people that post on and read twitter like the rest of the library.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JBP posted:

It has like four games for adults but I'm sure people that post on and read twitter like the rest of the library.

????

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'd read that Sony was planning a major push for Astro Bot but I was not expecting them to dismantle and distill Japan Studio into ASOBI for it!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What’s a game for adults

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What’s a game for adults

The games they don't allow on PlayStation anymore.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

rip in peace. more innovation and creativity has come out of that one little studio than all of nintendo ever. don't @ me

Rinkles posted:

Plus all the quirky doomed-to-failure franchises that'll now never be. We're not getting getting another Gravity Rush type game.

many of the japan studio people now have their own studios at least, but yeah I think the unique structure of the Japan Studio culture had been on life support for some time. They had a lot of special treatment over the years but getting projects out the door became a dire issue during gen 7. The PS4 gave them room to finish up a lot of projects but a number of people moved on afterwards, too. Nothing lasts forever, but it's still sad news.

This is probably a wise move, since Astrobot has been well received and you don't want to lose all the talent. I'll miss all the smaller games tho

fridge corn posted:

For the record theres lots of things I do like, take Monster Hunter for example

you are anime now, welcome, feel free to stay forever. wear this dodogama on you head

ZeeBoi posted:

I hope the apartment door texture stays crappy

same

Narcissus1916 posted:

New oddworld! Hooray!

"We're so excited to bring crafting to -"

GODDAMN IT NO, GET OUT

lol

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What’s a game for adults

"SimCity developer’s forgotten oil refinery simulator is now playable online - The Verge" https://www.theverge.com/platform/a...nternet-archive

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

badjohny posted:

I just got a ps5 yesterday and Astro is no longer able to start. The kids were playing it all day but now it locks up a second or two into the loading.

Weird, I also got a PS5 yesterday and Astro’s Playroom stopped working today, although deleting it and reinstalling it worked. I only played it once afterwards for about 10 minutes though.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

badjohny posted:

have an error code with it?

i got a PS5 today and it's the only title that is giving me trouble right now.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I think Deathloop looks kinda cool and different. The style is over-the-top but thankfully not obnoxious day-glo neon. And the movement looks kinetic.

Kena not really my bag; just another game of many where the art looks like it was influenced by Beyond Good and Evil, but just more generic.

Abe...I can't really tell what audience it's going for. It's lost a lot of the dark and pseudo-realistic grimy alienation of the originals. It's much brighter and more cartoony than before (similar to New and Tasty, which also got it wrong), whereas the dark satire seems to be taking a back seat visually. As a fan of the originals I don't think these new ones properly translate the tone or gameplay.

FF7Ri was a great announcement. Can't wait to do a full replay and Yuffie looks dope.

Returnal looks like it has what it takes to be a cult hit, though I can imagine getting tired of the lady's wake-up-suddenly face somewhere around death number 30.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

For some reason I can’t get excited about Deathloop despite loving Arkane’s past few games

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Insanite posted:

Might be because it's locked to the system file or something. Even if you delete it...it's still there... :stare:

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Insanite posted:

CE-108255-1

I have rebuilt the Database and deleted and reinstalled and still nothing.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What’s a game for adults

I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Might be because it's locked to the system file or something. Even if you delete it...it's still there... :stare:

I definitely had to re download it. 12 gig in size.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

Gackt is trending on twitter fuckin loooool

Gackt and Knack kinda rhyme and they’re both PlayStation related there’s a joke here..

Knackt

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

For some reason I can’t get excited about Deathloop despite loving Arkane’s past few games

Yeah, I don't know if it'll succeed. I like that the protag isn't another milquetoast tho, and the mechanics look interesting. I'm not a hige fan of Arkane, tbh, I like Dishonored and Prey well enough...but they feel a bit inert. I like that Deathloop looks kind of vibrant without being 1) another fortnite cartoon and 2) day-glo high fantasy.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Sony better buy Bluepoint to do the remake of Tokyo Jungle then.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

badjohny posted:

I definitely had to re download it. 12 gig in size.

I think that's the patched version, because if you restore to factory setting...it's still on SSD, network connection or no.

edit; also, if you delete it it still appears in 'installed'...but it has a locked icon on it

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

badjohny posted:

CE-108255-1

I have rebuilt the Database and deleted and reinstalled and still nothing.

Same to all of that. It’s driving me nuts.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

jabro posted:

Sony better buy Bluepoint to do the remake of Tokyo Jungle then.

This would make me so happy.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
sounds like a bad patch.

Im interested in Sifu, wasn't someone just asking for a Monk-style beat em up?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm so excited for Deathloop. I think the reason I love Arkane comes down to that they make system-driven games with a lot of player freedom that don't compromise on telling a good story. Deathloop looks like a really ambitious stab in that direction and if they execute well I'm gonna go nuts over it.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Electromax posted:

I think we can safely predict the name of the second remake part now:
F Crisis

Fashion Crisis, the Andrea Rhodea spinoff.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What’s a game for adults

Fortnite

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Sifu looked rad as hell

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Insanite posted:

Same to all of that. It’s driving me nuts.

Looking around the internet and it seems this has been going on since launch. People told it is a software error and a patch is coming soon. That was months ago.

Some people saying the only way they got it fixed was having sony send them a replacement ps5.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

In my restless dreams i see that town... you promised you'd take us there again some day... but you never did.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Astro really enjoying the advanced vibration of the controller there.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Vikar Jerome posted:

In my restless dreams i see that town... you promised you'd take us there again some day... but you never did.

It ain't coming until the Summer SoP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Lobok posted:

Astro really enjoying the advanced vibration of the controller there.

:laugh: