Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

feudal game is a pretty cool curveball. never even considered a period piece pokemon

the sinnoh remakes barely look like remakes lol. i mean i prefer the old school gameplay to making it a let's go, but they look like a step back from the 3ds games. not even a distinctive art style like link's awakening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I hope the egg you get is changed to a Togepi like Platinum so I can get a Togekiss before the postgame.

It probably won’t though.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

DemoneeHo posted:

I think the concept of an open world pokemon in feudal japan is good, but that world looked... empty to say the least. I hope it'll look more impressive when it comes out next yet.

You'll take your limited Sinnoh pokedex with only 2 fire-types and like it! I kid, i kid.

At least we'll hopefully have access to Home.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Scholtz posted:

I was really worried about the Gen 4 remakes when I heard that they were a separate studio, because I thought that means they might not have the "freedom" to fix some of the mistakes from the originals, but it's nice to know that Masuda will be working on it too.

I remember Diamond and Pearl being starved for fire types. I wish we could have a remake that augmented the pokemon selection at the least. ORAS felt like such a step down coming from X/Y.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Here's the video for people coming in late (or who got cut off because TPC cannot stream good ever):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTZeVNwAmkk

Skip to 5:30 to avoid the compilation of Every Pokemon Product Ever and get to announcements

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Am I the only one that thinks the remakes look cute?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/BraveRenegade00/status/1248683628244037632?s=20

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Violet_Sky posted:

Am I the only one that thinks the remakes look cute?

I'm digging em

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

In order to keep the remakes faithful to the original we're going back to gen 4's health speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gCvQiFUyC4

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Wow new pokemon looks ABSOLUTELY bonkers

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm hyped

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i mean the remakes look as cute as the original games, sure. not convinced they're not just the original games yet tbh

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Loving the idea of the Legends game. Disappointed that the internal slide suggesting an ATB system didn't pan out and we're still on regular combat. Oh my loving god I hope the Switch Pro is real and the year we have before release lets them polish the game way up, that ran like poo poo.

The regular remakes look fine, i kinda dig the chibi style, but tbh it probably could've just reused the Let's Go art style and looked nicer. At least keep that lighting.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

DP remakes look terrible. Back to the chibi style, exact same designs as DP (at least ORAS bothered to update those!), constantly saying they're FAITHFUL remakes of the worst games in the franchise (not Platinum, Platinum's great) so we have no reason to expect improvements...honestly, I hoped for something when I read they were outsourced, but it seems they'll be the worst remakes yet. Of the worst games, fittingly enough.

Legends Arceus looks...messy. The Pokemon work on significantly less FPS than the player, it's unclear what the gameplay's even meant to be, it'll likely lag badly. But it's an interesting idea, hopefully it gets some polish before release, although I doubt it.

New Snap is beautiful and the only thing I am genuinely excited for in an era where I lost all hope for this franchise. I may have to get that one day one.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
I think the DP remakes look fine, could use some more polish but the style is a decent compromise between old style 2D overhead view nostalgia and 3D graphics.

Pokemon Legends looks...ambitious and I'm not really sure how to feel about it? Gonna need to see more gameplay before anything else but man that performance was not great.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

remake looks good, as long as it has access to home and all 800+ pokemon

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

GF is gonna need way more than just these two years for Legends to look proper, I'm sure of that.
Also the logo in the Legends protags arms was suspiciously Galactic-like

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Look, the only thing I care about is that the remake better not restrict you to the Diamond/Pearl Dex lineup before the Elite Four. Nobody wants to go back to just Chimchar and Ponyta as fire-type options.

Let Flint have an actual fire-type team, drat it.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Just give Flint five Infernapes, go bananas

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

lmao look at the Chimchar at 18:39 in the video

complete slideshow

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Pokémon Legends looks interesting, but the image quality in the trailer was terrible. I hope the game will look a lot cleaner by the time it comes out.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I am 100% dtf this art style. Similar to Link's Awakening.

I can't watch cause I'm at work but please dear God no.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Fooled me! Take my money Game Freaks

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Gaius Marius posted:

I can't watch cause I'm at work but please dear God no.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think the SD/BP remake art style looks perfect and what I've been wanting from one of these remakes. Love chibi RPG characters.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
So I had a fuckin galaxy brain moment that I dunno if someone else has beaten me to yet.

The Legends starters are there because of their final forms. Typhlosion, Decidueye, Samurott? Mt. Fuji, archery, swordplay.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Canonically in Diamond/Pearl you're compressed into a sprite so this is pretty faithful.

How Samurott beat out loving Greninja though that I'll never wrap my head around.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Bomberman 643 looks great!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ZZT the Fifth posted:

So I had a fuckin galaxy brain moment that I dunno if someone else has beaten me to yet.

The Legends starters are there because of their final forms. Typhlosion, Decidueye, Samurott? Mt. Fuji, archery, swordplay.

Holy crap.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I have to say I didn't expect the OG D/P opening to hit me this hard in the feels

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
instead of the pc pokemon storage system/trade system there will be a scribe in the village who sends your pokemon to others, carried by starly

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I figured out Decidueye and Samurott myself but was stuck on Typhlosion, that makes sense

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
your pokemon are all in a giant daycare. producing a hundred eggs a second. Pokemon: tribble edition

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You're killing me pokemon company, why can't we just have sprites again.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Can't get too excited about the DP remakes just yet. The way they call them faithful remakes doesn't inspire much confidence. How 1 to 1 everything looks in the trailer makes it feel like they're drag and dropping the old game onto this engine. Nothing looks like it's gone through any changes like how HGSS and ORAS got character and location redesigns. With ORAS the titles at least gave you a sense that there were a few changes to the base game. All Brilliant and Shining are making me think of is polishing something old to make it look new.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Just a square head away from funko pops

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

It's not too late to slap on a depth of field blur filter to spruce it up a bit.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gaius Marius posted:

You're killing me pokemon company, why can't we just have sprites again.

Sprites are dead outside of indie games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

Detective No. 27 posted:

I think the SD/BP remake art style looks perfect and what I've been wanting from one of these remakes. Love chibi RPG characters.

I also like chibi RPG characters quite a bit, I really like how Link's Awakening looks, and Bravely Default 2 looks great. but man, these waddly-rear end giant handed characters and flat, boring rear end buildings make me want to take a nap, they read as the laziest poo poo in the world to me