Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
"You guys are just weirdo germaphobes!" I proclaim as I'm wrist deep inside your mashed potatoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Push El Burrito posted:

"You guys are just weirdo germaphobes!" I proclaim as I'm wrist deep inside your mashed potatoes.

"Ew, don't touch my food, that's disgusting!" I proclaim hours before you're wrist deep in my rear end.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

*using a clean fork to place a small piece of your side on their plate to taste*

-what?

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

Glad I wasn’t the only one who was confused. COVIDs going to become the go to excuse for weirdos from now on I guess

Germs have existed before Covid. Also, don't force yourself onto other people's plates.

Captain Monkey posted:

*using a clean fork to place a small piece of your side on their plate to taste*

-what?

Eat your own food, it's annoying.

Fame Douglas has a new favorite as of 17:04 on Feb 26, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's our food, comrade.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Fame Douglas posted:

Not to the person I'm sharing it with.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Just let the other person order first and then order the same thing for yourself.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

Germs have existed before Covid. Also, don't force yourself onto other people's plates.

I've never met a person who does that without asking, or who does it (outside of an intimate partner) with a dirty fork. People who act slightly differently from you are not bad and awful, hth.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Monkey posted:

I've never met a person who does that without asking, or who does it (outside of an intimate partner) with a dirty fork. People who act slightly differently from you are not bad and awful, hth.

What am I going to say, no? It's always annoying, and you pretty much have to a let them do their dirty deed.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I’m happy to share my food but don’t just eat it right off my plate. What are you, a cat? Jesus I’ll just put some of it on your plate settle down.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Just LOL if you're not diving mouth agape across the dining table like it's a slip 'n' slide

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Flipperwaldt posted:

Just let the other person order first and then order the same thing for yourself.

Jesus Christ no, let the other person order first and then order a completely different thing so you can share.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

We'll both have the lamb. Rare, with very little mint sauce

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
Restaurant portions are also loving insane. Unless I'm at a small plates place (where the point is to share or I'm on an expensive date and we're getting the same meal portioned to ourselves which is basically the same as sharing) like an entrée is easily three meals. If I'm out with another couple 1 app and 2 mains is easily more than enough for 4 people. And I'm a loving goon so it's not like I'm some slender thing. Everyone ordering their own individual thing is massively inefficient. It also leads to less variety.

There are still *manners* to it. I had a friend who was a boor so when we'd go out to eat every other word was, "Are you going to eat that? Are you done?" He was also *incredibly* cheap so he was a parasite on the sharing culture. But those are exceptions to the rule and they get excluded pretty quickly.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

What am I going to say, no? It's always annoying, and you pretty much have to a let them do their dirty deed.

Yes. you just go 'nah I really wanted this' and they shrug and move on because they're an emotionally mature adult.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Ravenfood posted:

Jesus Christ no, let the other person order first and then order a completely different thing so you can share.
No. :colbert:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Order the same thing they did but ask to try theirs anyway because it looks better.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Flipperwaldt posted:

My brother once had dinner at a Chinese restaurant with someone who insisted that not only could people not share, but no two people could order the same thing. It turns out they got food poisoning and their insistence that nobody share probably saved the rest of the table.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Whole lot of weird hangups about food itt. This is how it starts and it'll end with people caring far too much about the gender of a spud.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

They're putting chemicals in the soil that are turning THE FRIGGIN' SPUDS GAY! :tinfoil:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I stuck my dick in Mrs. Potato Head and I'm straight god damnit! :bahgawd:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

That's it! I forgot about the best part, right after his rant about how women should be mothers, not careerwomen.

quote:

Finally, the waitress arrived with the bill. Hutcheson gestured for Southern to grab it. “Okay, cool. I’ll make it a business expense,” she whispered. Earlier, she’d told me that her boyfriend leaned on her financially.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

VinylonUnderground posted:

Restaurant portions are also loving insane. Unless I'm at a small plates place (where the point is to share or I'm on an expensive date and we're getting the same meal portioned to ourselves which is basically the same as sharing) like an entrée is easily three meals. If I'm out with another couple 1 app and 2 mains is easily more than enough for 4 people. And I'm a loving goon so it's not like I'm some slender thing. Everyone ordering their own individual thing is massively inefficient. It also leads to less variety.

There are still *manners* to it. I had a friend who was a boor so when we'd go out to eat every other word was, "Are you going to eat that? Are you done?" He was also *incredibly* cheap so he was a parasite on the sharing culture. But those are exceptions to the rule and they get excluded pretty quickly.

I am not a natural plate-sharer, the idea of other people just grabbing snacks off my plate sounds really weird to me, but the thing about US portioning does make a big difference. I am really not a birdlike appetite kind of person, but the one time I had a breakfast plate at a Denny's, at a time when I was genuinely very hungry, I had to give up well before half the plate was gone. The waitress was legit worried that we thought the food was bad or something, but no, it was pretty tasty, there was just an extremely large amount of it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I did it, genuinely, I found the most evil person on twitter
https://twitter.com/JennieTetreault/status/1365142066896928770?s=20
https://twitter.com/JennieTetreault/status/1365142068159422467?s=20

https://twitter.com/JennieTetreault/status/1365309971097813000?s=20
https://twitter.com/JennieTetreault/status/1365346087293214726?s=20

White liberals do it so much more grotesquely than a chud nazi could ever DREAM. That they shield themselves with identities of woke allies and compassionate humanitarians while speaking that same language of empire, it's such a deeper evil.

Punkin Spunkin has a new favorite as of 19:20 on Feb 26, 2021

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
Potato flowers are bisexual. They have both male and female parts. However, they are also (usually) self-incompatible so a plant can only have sex with other plants and not itself.

What we've learned from this that Mr and Mrs Potato are indeed separate people but which one is the "Mr" and which one is the "Mrs" can and does change fluidly.

We need a Genesis P-Orridge and Lady Jaye Breyer Mr and Mrs Potato head dolls.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ravenfood posted:

You order one thing and the other order's something else and then my wife decides she likes what I got better and we swap

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Splicer posted:

You order one thing and the other order's something else and then my wife decides she likes what I got better and we swap

My wife and I discuss it and choose two meals we both would like and want to try, then swap halfway through our meals because we make out so eating after each other isn't gross.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Every Chinese place I've ever eaten, the dishes on the table have separate serving spoons, so the only way everybody would get food poisoning would be if the sick person hadn't washed their hands after pooping. Unless you're at a Chinese restaurant where the meals are served plated?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Captain Monkey posted:

My wife and I discuss it and choose two meals we both would like and want to try, then swap halfway through our meals because we make out so eating after each other isn't gross.

something about this is very unsettling. like sitting on the toilet after someone else was using it and inheriting their rear end warmth

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Captain Monkey posted:

So what I'm hearing is that you guys swap food momma bird style.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

boar guy posted:

something about this is very unsettling. like sitting on the toilet after someone else was using it and inheriting their rear end warmth
This is one of the biggest perks of marriage in winter

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I can accept if you don't like sharing food but like, I don't really get it. I don't think I'm gonna die if I get a whiff of someone else's face germs or whatever. Present times excepted, sure, but it just doesn't bother me.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

boar guy posted:

We call that a Jotunheim Steamer around these parts and it's the kindest act an rear end can perform above the polar circle.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Fame Douglas posted:

gonna go do the dirty deed with my wife

feels kinkier

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I can accept if you don't like sharing food but like, I don't really get it. I don't think I'm gonna die if I get a whiff of someone else's face germs or whatever. Present times excepted, sure, but it just doesn't bother me.

Especially the people up thread aghast at the idea of your SO's saliva maybe touching your mouth. Like you don't just do this with random strangers.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it's just gauche to eat off of someone else's place, y'all

overly familiar to do it in public

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Karia posted:

My brother once had dinner at a Chinese restaurant with someone who insisted that not only could people not share, but no two people could order the same thing.

I have spent almost five minutes trying to wrap my brain around this. If nobody is "allowed" to share their plates, why would it matter whether some people order the same thing or not? To make the dining table more visually appealing?

Is this an Instagram/Facebook thing? :bahgawd:

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Karia posted:

But how? Potatoes don't have ribs, ergo after god created the male potato he couldn't have made the female potato. Checkmate, thiests.

For potatoes, god used an eye, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

Captain Monkey posted:

Especially the people up thread aghast at the idea of your SO's saliva maybe touching your mouth. Like you don't just do this with random strangers.

Present times excepted, there are huge portions of a person's life where swapping saliva (and hopefully more) with random strangers is the goal.