Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Bust Rodd posted:

The free version is the base game, and then there’s like a redux called Persona 5 Royal with a bunch of new content and apparently a bunch of QoL changes.

I just did this with Doom Eternal. I think Vikar Jerome hoodwinked me like “it’s an FPS devil may cry you’ll like it” and they were CORRECT but then after 5 mins I heard there was a PS5 version on the way so now it’s just waiting for an upgrade that may never come lol

oh yeah forgot to tell you theres a ps5 version with probable 60fps raytracing coming this year so

(oh and another thing in case anyone is wondering, turn the drat tutorial popups off once you get the hang of things because holy poo poo do those ruin the pace of the game once you got things down)

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Ineffiable posted:

So what's everyone playing this weekend?

I finished my my Nioh 2 playthrough with Segaholic and I'll probably revisit Alone in the Dark (ps3) and another indie game (manifold garden maybe) before Yakuza comes out next week.

Trying to beat the Limit Cut episode in Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind DLC, Demons Souls, and maybe play some of that Melody of Memory.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

I finished my my Nioh 2 playthrough with Segaholic and I'll probably revisit Alone in the Dark (ps3) and another indie game (manifold garden maybe) before Yakuza comes out next week.

Working on getting the platinum in Fallout 4

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

probably dq11s act 3 on my xbox

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Ineffiable posted:

Working on Nioh 2 playthrough with two friends, then maybe some Demon Souls or 13 Sentinels.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Demon’s Souls chat:

It is extremely lame to have a boss that can permanently remove your stats when I can’t farm more boss souls because nobody owns a PS5.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Ooo yeah haha I had a lovely bug where my game kept respawning me to his archstone fresh in a new game+ run, I tried all sorts of things desperately to stop respawning there as he kept killing me over and over again

I forgot how I eventually got out of there, I think using the nexus binding thing. But he sapped like 8 levels away as I watched in horror

I was pissed. Looking back at it though, I told the DeS thread that it was kind of cool to get mega hosed in the rear end by myazaki in a fresh brand new way even though I've played these games for thousands of hrs

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rad Valtar posted:

I feel the same way because I want to play it but it feels like I want to buy it for $30 and sit on it for a few months to play the upgraded version.

cyberpunk 2077 syndrome

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

FF7R 1/3 of a full game :shrug:

PS5: FF7Ri 9/4ths .5 pt 2 of a full game, for free, or 70bux, no takebacks, no halvesies, no jinxes, all anime, all DLC

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
People are just mad that there were no Elden Ring, GOW: Ragnarok, or Forbidden West updates so just hating on the free FF7R

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dewgy posted:

Pretty sure that isn’t right, they were almost cut for budget reasons but that’s only why they’re optional. They were in the original release.

Now that I think about it you must be right. Maybe I remembered it that way because they aren't in the end cutscene. But then Ruby and Emerald weapon ARE in the north crater cutscene very briefly and I'm almost positive they were added for the US release. Oh well, I'm all confused.

Augus posted:

that new game by the hyper light drifter devs looks really cool

Yeah my first thought was that it looked like The Pathless but good

Pablo Nergigante posted:

True gamers have owned the game since launch. Early Adopters Stay Winning

only pappy square understands this, rewarding true gamer piety

eonwe posted:

so I own a copy of FF7R and haven't gotten around to playing it yet

Is the Yuffie stuff side content, or would I have to replay the entire game again in order to get at it? I'm trying to decide if I play now or wait

i'd say play the game now then replay the awesome hard mode and DLC on piss5 in june

Super No Vacancy posted:

ff7r is the best ps+ game in the history of the service very funny to be mad it isnt the next-gen port with added content selling for $100 in japan when they're not even promising ps5 games at this point

:agreed:

the tierlist goes

#1best) FF7R

2) Bloodborne
3) The Last of Us

4) Rocket League
5) Farming Simulator

I said come in! posted:

My biggest complaint about FFXV really was just the world was very unrealistic. It was cool that it was so big, but this was done just because, it was very empty. The towns and people living in them didn't feel real or like they actually belonged in this world either, like you have these completely open towns and then right next to them is gigantic monsters that come out at night and smash everything. Yet everyone in the towns looks like a tourist that doesn't acknowledge how dangerous the world is.

you say this, and yet everyone knows that it was 'a fantasy based in reality' :smuggo:

MarcusSA posted:

Ok thanks everyone. I’m gonna keep an eye out for a cheap copy.

Also seem obvious but worth pointing out: if you want to upgrade your disc PS4 version to the PS5 version you will need a PS5 with a disc drive

boz posted:

I loved it, I laughed the entire way up the stairs.

fuckin :same: yo

Rolo posted:

Demon’s Souls chat:

It is extremely lame to have a boss that can permanently remove your stats when I can’t farm more boss souls because nobody owns a PS5.

welcome to Playstation 3™: the next gen of gaming

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Ineffiable posted:

Finish the plat of Fenyx and then never look at that game again until I read more about the DLC and need a game my wife will want to watch for a bit. I shamelessly used some online maps to get the remainder of the mounts, the last lieutenants I hadn't killed, and the few constellation/bow/fresco/whatever challenges I hadn't found, and just have to kill the last boss and am done with this. How anyone would get all this poo poo without using a map is beyond me.

Up next is Dad of War, then Demon's Souls. Can't wait.

I might finally have a job in a few weeks and it's going to dramatically impact my free time, so I gotta game while I can.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Finishing up Ys9, my library of games is dwindling down, i've beaten so many of them from nearly a year of being at home from pandemic. I've gotten through all the Fromsoft games, both Nioh games, All the Yakuza games, just to name a bunch of them.

I'll be down to: Fallen Order, Resident Evil 3, Death Stranding, and Titanfall 2.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

infraboy posted:

Finishing up Ys9, my library of games is dwindling down, i've beaten so many of them from nearly a year of being at home from pandemic. I've gotten through all the Fromsoft games, both Nioh games, All the Yakuza games, just to name a bunch of them.

I'll be down to: Fallen Order, Resident Evil 3, Death Stranding, and Titanfall 2.

Play Titanfall 2.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Play Titanfall 2.

Ignore this bad advice.

Playing Titanfall 2 will ruin other games, especially shooters, forever.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

titanfall 3 any day now boys :shepspends:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ignore this bad advice.

Playing Titanfall 2 will ruin other games, especially shooters, forever.

:hai:

ignore me!

do not taste the fruits of robo-eden

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Titanfall 2 kicks rear end

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

nerg are you playing iceborne at all?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
about to buy titanfall 2, physical, for £1.20

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

about to buy titanfall 2, physical, for £1.20

:eyepop:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I honestly don't even care about space and I'm fine with just keeping a handful of rotating games on my PS5, but as someone who plays quite a bit of COD, that game just ruins being able to do anything on PS5. it's to the point where is basically takes up the entire SSD and leaves room for about one more AAA game and a few indies on there. It's absolutely ridiculous.

If you want to keep the whole current suite of COD on a PS5 you are looking at around 450 gigs+ an unknown large amount of space needed to update Warzone which seems to be about 150 gigs even if an update is only 15 gigs. So essentially the game takes up about 600 gb if you include the space needed for updates. This can be marginally reduced by doing things like uninstalling certain packs, or putting the PS4 version of Cold War on PS5, but it still ultimately takes up about 450-500 gigs if you want both CW and Warzone installed. it's insane.

The absolute hubris to release games that big without attempting to massively reduce their footprint is infuriating. I guess I am going to have to look into getting an external HDD. But I don't want to do that. I just want to have a lean and mean selection of games on my PS5, but I want to be able to install more than one loving game.

similar to the rapacious imperial whims of the military entertainment complex that spawned it... CoD ruins everything it touches

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m playing Iceborne right loving now!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I haven’t played MHW in a long rear end time tbh though I’m thinking about picking up Rise when it’s out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m playing Iceborne right loving now!

okay let's loving do this mammajamma

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cubicle gangster posted:

There will be an overarching story happening which sort of matches the plot of the first game, but the real story moments are much smaller self contained vignettes within the world. I think the yuffie DLC is a good example of where they're going to go with future installments - she's the same character, but there's a full on plot and narrative arc of her in midgar long before she shows up in the main story.

If you're only in it to kill sephiroth and skip all the dialogue then you're going to think it's poo poo, yeah. For me it's more like finding out a movie I loved has a huge budget prestige HBO series which adds new layers & backstories to build on the original.

Goons think any game with a bit they find boring is padded. I loved doing all the random side quests and poking around. Being able to explore midgar in that level of detail and wander around the towns in the slums is such a wonderful experience.
There's a dungeon towards the end that takes about 90 minutes to get through and could have been half hour shorter. not a big deal IMO. The idea that turning a 6 hour section of the first game into a fully fleshed out 40 hour standalone thing is 'padding' is ludicrous.

They only part i rolled my eyes at for being boring and unending was the trainyard ghost part

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

infraboy posted:

Ys9 owned

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

After pining over what new headset to get, I went with the new Turtle Beach Stealth 700s, mostly due to how much I like my old 600s. Unfortunately these things are absolute trash. I do not know what happened with this company in the last few years but goddamn. My 4 year old, mid tier TBs should not sound 3 times better than the redesigned $150 version, but alas.

Glad I bought them somewhere with a generous return policy. Still really disappointed. I was pretty excited for them and was looking forward to gushing about them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BP we just yeeted that monkey to another dimension

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

BP we just yeeted that monkey to another dimension

That was dope. I needed to get my rear end kicked a few times to get his moveset down. But yeah your advice helped. I don't ever want to be the dude holding back the team by dying too much, which is why I try to be a bigtime team-healer, but some of these later Iceborne mons have forced me to readjust my HBG play and be more cautious. Numerous mons in Iceborne have powerful and quick direction-changing drop tank moves, like Raging Brachy, Frostfang Barioth, and Rajang...and in addition numerous mons have screen-charging attacks where they double back 3 or 4 times. It's made me more pensive about when I should take a shot, chamber a round, or holster my weapon, whereas the basic game's mons tended to give you a variety of opportunities for movement and changing your mind. It feels good to have an understanding of when I can pull the trigger or chamber a round and when I can't due to an incoming 1HKO elbow drop or whatever, but it's ef taken a little figuring out due to the overall increase in monster aggression from vanilla to Iceborne. Also, I haven't really figured out wallbanging, so I'm always relieved when I have a teammate who has that down. In the end though I feel decently competent at this game!

There were two really great moments tonight. When we finally started laying furious smackdown on monkeyballs there, that felt extremely good, and when you :lmao: ...when you set up that pitfall trap for the Paolumu and he just ignored it, and we were dancing around on top of it trying to get him to come down...and then somehow I flashed him out of the air directly into it for the long nap. It was almost poetic.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

yoooooooooo

this beanpole is friends wit the boaboa motherfuckers :getin:

edit; drat this game has so many secrets

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Feb 27, 2021

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m still playing dark souls 3 this weekend. Just beat the shouldering lake boss and everything else possible in its way, and about to go to the boreal valley. The game continuously amazes me with how huge in scope and scale it is. No new enemy is ever old, either. Greatswords are also just so loving metal (a reinforced +3 Astora greatsword just knocks everything on its rear end holy poo poo) but I just got the black knight sword and I think that’s going to tide me over for the rest of the game now.

I haven’t turned many souls into weapons or spells yet. I have a real bad case of choice paralysis because I don’t know what’s good or bad.

Game is so good. I would totally replay a ps5 remake of it in a heartbeat. As a pyromancer.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Make sure to at least get Havels Ring from the boss souls guy. I don't really remember most of the boss stuff being amazing but Havels will always up your fashion souls options so you can look kewl and still roll.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Do you think Dark Souls 3 is visually outdated enough already that it needs a remake? Just curious. I'm still struck by how good and solidly three-dimensional everything looks whenever I start the game up, so it seems like the Dark Souls game that would benefit from a remake the least.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There wouldn't be much to update. It already runs at a rock solid 60 and has 4 second load times on PS5. Not sure what resolution it runs at, but it looks great on my 65 inch 4k TV.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I think I've worked out what's wrong with Control's healing mechanic; It seems to be based on hit. Not damage, but per hit, and almost all of your weapons are semi-automatic. Charge, Shatter, Grip, Pierce, doesn't matter, it's one health sliver per as far as I can tell.

And there is no such thing as a large health pickup. It's not fun when most enemies have a "ha-ha, gently caress you, there goes most of your health bar" move.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There are large health pickups. They are the ones that look like the other health pickups, but larger.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

veni veni veni posted:

There wouldn't be much to update. It already runs at a rock solid 60 and has 4 second load times on PS5. Not sure what resolution it runs at, but it looks great on my 65 inch 4k TV.
Google says it renders at 1080p. Not sure how the PS5 upscales it afterwards, but yeah, it still looks pretty great anyway. I'd rather see a remake of Dark Souls 1, if it had to be Dark Souls game. The remaster makes the game look nicer, but not that much nicer. Plus, I wouldn't mind getting it updated to the somewhat faster and snappier gameplay of DS3... although, considering the DeS remake, they probably wouldn't do that anyway.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

They only part i rolled my eyes at for being boring and unending was the trainyard ghost part

"I don't have time for your poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The lab at the end was torture to me, but I think by that point I also just wanted the game to be over already.