Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

CPL593H posted:

This is not the kind of trendsetter I wanted to be.

I dunno about the rest of you but I am over the Funkopop craze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

Jeff Koons is a chud?

(This is all I have to show after years of art history schoolin')

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

Okay, when I read "giant gold Trump statue at CPAC" I was not expecting this.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm losing my poo poo about my missing cat again. If only I knew where the gently caress he is.

Like if he was dead I could move on but he's almost certainly not.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

I'm losing my poo poo about my missing cat again. If only I knew where the gently caress he is.

Like if he was dead I could move on but he's almost certainly not.

How long has he been missing? I remember you freaking out about it a while ago but I thought he came back.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Why the gently caress would anyone throw away Tangerine Dream's Legend score? What a terrible decision.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

How long has he been missing? I remember you freaking out about it a while ago but I thought he came back.

Since August. I have two cats and I found one of em. I guess I should be happy to even find one in this big city but the other one was my best bud and it's really stressful to just not know where he is or if he needs help or if he's ok or what.

My other cat's gotten used enough to this new neighbourhood so I was hoping she could like find him if I let her out but it's too cold and she keeps turning around when I open the window for her.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Since August. I have two cats and I found one of em. I guess I should be happy to even find one in this big city but the other one was my best bud and it's really stressful to just not know where he is or if he needs help or if he's ok or what.

My other cat's gotten used enough to this new neighbourhood so I was hoping she could like find him if I let her out but it's too cold and she keeps turning around when I open the window for her.

Oh poo poo, I'm sorry. I wouldn't say completely give up hope, but it's probable you aren't ever going to see your other cat, and not knowing for certain really loving sucks.

Was it chipped?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Oh poo poo, I'm sorry. I wouldn't say completely give up hope, but it's probable you aren't ever going to see your other cat, and not knowing for certain really loving sucks.

Was it chipped?

Nope. More fool me. I put up posters and poo poo but they say the crucial time is the first week or two so it's pretty unlikely I'll find him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Nope. More fool me. I put up posters and poo poo but they say the crucial time is the first week or two so it's pretty unlikely I'll find him.

I had a cat disappear for almost a month and turn up whining for food, but August? gently caress man.

Tell yourself it found a new family I guess?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
That happens a lot, a cat kept coming around for a few weeks and made friends with my cat and jumped on my lap and purred whenever I was out having a smoke, and my neighbour knocked on my door and said "have you seen this cat hanging around, I think I'm going to take it and keep it safe" and I was like "definitely don't, it's fat and happy and clean and has a collar, it's just been wandering around, someone nearby owns it", but I haven't seen it since so I think it got kidnapped

This lady also bought a kilo of honey from our hives for like fifteen bucks and then weighed it and freaked out and demanded a refund because it was only 980 grams, so I suspect her of being a bastard in general

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 27, 2021

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

This channel does amazing video edits, they are currently playing Phantom of the paradise, with Clueless up next.

https://twitch.tv/racerxtrash

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

My cats, I'd buy collars and within a week they wouldn't be wearing them. I at first got those "safety collars" designed so the cat could get out if it was caught on something, which just meant they were super easy to slip out of if the cat didn't want to wear it, then I switched to just very small dog collars, same thing, they would last maybe a day longer.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We got my childhood cat a bell collar that seemed to stick but she still managed to dump an extremely confused kookaburra in the lounge room

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I had a cat disappear for almost a month and turn up whining for food, but August? gently caress man.

Tell yourself it found a new family I guess?

The problem is that I'm pretty sure he has no idea where the gently caress "home" is even if he was trying to get back to it this whole time. I let them both out too early after moving and even though they found their way back pretty quick the first time, I think they got confused or they saw some strangers hanging around where they thought I should be and got spooked and then just couldn't find home. My other cat was real happy to see me when I happened upon her 2 weeks after she got lost, but I haven't seen any sign of the other one. I wonder if they were sticking together and I shoulda stayed looking for him instead of bringing her home...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

The problem is that I'm pretty sure he has no idea where the gently caress "home" is even if he was trying to get back to it this whole time. I let them both out too early after moving and even though they found their way back pretty quick the first time, I think they got confused or they saw some strangers hanging around where they thought I should be and got spooked and then just couldn't find home. My other cat was real happy to see me when I happened upon her 2 weeks after she got lost, but I haven't seen any sign of the other one. I wonder if they were sticking together and I shoulda stayed looking for him instead of bringing her home...

Yeah it's loving poo poo, when my cat disappeared and showed up a month later it was pretty soon after moving to a new place also, but again, August, don't want to give you false hope. When you think about your missing cat try and remember the good times you had together.

The cat who disappeared then came back was hit by a car a year later and 5 years on I still sometimes go into a despair cycle thinking about her, but then I think about the good times and it makes it slightly better.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Duckwaffle posted:

This channel does amazing video edits, they are currently playing Phantom of the paradise, with Clueless up next.

I like this, it's doing a very awkward vaporwave mash-up of NIN and footage from You've Got Mail right now. Nonsense but not in a confusing way

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Lurdiak posted:

I know this is going to sound weird, but do you have anyway to check the last place you lived? I know a guy whose family had a cat and when the parents got divorced the mom took the cat with her to a different place. Then one day it disappeared for two weeks and turned up at the old house.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CPL593H posted:

I know this is going to sound weird, but do you have anyway to check the last place you lived? I know a guy whose family had a cat and when the parents got divorced the mom took the cat with her to a different place. Then one day it disappeared for two weeks and turned up at the old house.

My mom's been over a couple of times, but i suppose he could've been hiding. It's extremely far away on foot so I'd be very surprised if he'd managed to figure out how to get there. If I'd just moved across town obviously that would've been the first place I'd have checked.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Lurdiak posted:

We had a cat growing up that went missing. When looking for him, my mom found a roadkill that looked like him near our house, and assumed it was him. Like a year later, my little sister was over at a friend's house and met their cat. Our cat. He had ended up at the pound and they adopted him. Cats are very resourceful; there is no reason to assume the worst.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ChickenMedium posted:

We had a cat growing up that went missing. When looking for him, my mom found a roadkill that looked like him near our house, and assumed it was him. Like a year later, my little sister was over at a friend's house and met their cat. Our cat. He had ended up at the pound and they adopted him. Cats are very resourceful; there is no reason to assume the worst.

Yeah the most likely scenario is someone heard him whining (as he does) and adopted him, but if he's alive I wish he was back home. I miss him. I still keep an eye out, you know. The local SPCA had a cat up in early January that I was convinced was mine until I saw that it was a female.

I felt like I was being trolled.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Did you angrily point the cat's crotch at the vet and ask where the scrotum was?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

Did you angrily point the cat's crotch at the vet and ask where the scrotum was?

Lol thankfully the website told me all I needed to know. She looks like a nice cat, I hope she finds a good home! She has special dietary needs and needs to eat duck food (?).

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm sorry to hear about your cat, Lurd, being in that in-between space of not being able to grieve must be tough. I think with outdoor or indoor/outdoor cats, at a certain point it's healthy to accept that you've got to relinquish control—you're making a decision to not have it be purely a housepet and when it goes out into the wild it's at least in part a wild animal. Hopefully it's snuggled up with some new family in their home somewhere missing cuddling with you, but if not it got to have the best parts of being a pet and the best parts of being a wild animal during its time with you.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Lol thankfully the website told me all I needed to know. She looks like a nice cat, I hope she finds a good home! She has special dietary needs and needs to eat duck food (?).

Ahh the ol duck wearing a cat suit trick.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Anyone seen this before? The names on it are incredible

Grace Zabriski, Brad Douriff, and Udo Kier are also in this. Ain't streaming through official channels.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Fartington Butts posted:

Grace Zabriski, Brad Douriff, and Udo Kier are also in this. Ain't streaming through official channels.

I've been meaning to catch it given that in addition to all those names, it's technically Dave Bautista's acting debut.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Well that’s even better

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Fartington Butts posted:

It's good. Shannon gets to channel Klaus Kinski in a jungle in a Werner Herzog movie and it's a great fit, but my personal favorite is how the police deal with the hostage situation.

I don't remember Bautista being in the movie at all though, and I still was a WWE fan when I watched it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Fartington Butts posted:

It rules, lots of stuff is called Lynchian but only a few things come close. One of those things is this movie and Southland Tales.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Southern Comfort whips, except the part where they kill an animal onscreen. Did not enjoy watching a pig get butchered! But honestly I really want to see the Iranian cut of the movie because it sounds hilarious; taking a movie that’s already about the evil of the American military and specifically the Vietnam War, and making it even more anti-American sounds dope.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Fartington Butts posted:

I liked it well enough when I saw it, but I didn't love it or anything. I only watched it once when it first came out though, so I don't really remember many of the details. Udo Kier rules in this though, I definitely remember that much. The cast in general is great.

I should give it a rewatch when I get the chance, this is one of those lesser-known Herzog films that did not review particularly well from what I recall. The more I think about it though, the more I remember liking it, so I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

The Peccadillo posted:

I like this, it's doing a very awkward vaporwave mash-up of NIN and footage from You've Got Mail right now. Nonsense but not in a confusing way

They are replaying this shortly if anyone wants to check it out.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
YTOTD is Midnight (1982):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l64XAsJc8Gs

Essentially a Romero alumnus production, so Pennsylvania it hurts.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
It is frustrating that the theatrical cut of Amadeus isn't available to stream or buy (one old old old dvd release notwithstanding). I know I saw the theatrical originally long long ago when I had cable and Turner Classic Movies, and have seen the director's cut since then, but I would like to watch it again but it's disappointing that the theatrical isn't available.

I'm trying to think of alternate versions from the theatrical cut of movies I prefer and the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven comes to mind, one of the blade Blade Runner cuts and uhh maybe that's it? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Alternate_versions_of_films

The extended versions of Lord of the Rings are fine but I prefer the theatrical over the extended.

This has been on my mind lately because I didn't know until recently there are two versions of (Leon) The Professional, I've never seen the longer version. How is it?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

PlushCow posted:

It is frustrating that the theatrical cut of Amadeus isn't available to stream or buy (one old old old dvd release notwithstanding). I know I saw the theatrical originally long long ago when I had cable and Turner Classic Movies, and have seen the director's cut since then, but I would like to watch it again but it's disappointing that the theatrical isn't available.

INCREDIBLY frustrating. The Extended Cut is rear end.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My understanding is it is way more uncomfortable, and that's without factoring in what we know about Besson.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
https://bloodknife.com/everyone-beautiful-no-one-horny/

I came across this article on the sexlessness in (some) modern films, which I know has been brought up a few times in this forum.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Schwarzwald posted:

quote:

Even background extras are good-looking, or at least inoffensively bland. No one is ugly. No one is really fat. Everyone is beautiful.
I came across this article on the sexlessness in (some) modern films, which I know has been brought up a few times in this forum.

That article is Toby Jones erasure and I will not stand for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

quote:

Like our heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, like Rico and Dizzy and all the other infantry in Starship Troopers, we are horny only for annihilation.

Lol