Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the addition of harvest crafted, fractured, 100% delirious maps adds a use for all that excess power, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Papercut posted:

There's always going to be a one most profitable thing no matter what, but the game has never been in a better state for "do whatever you like" than it is now

Yeah, the new Altas skill trees have been great for boosting older league content (especially Incursion and Legion) and promoting a ton of different ways to play the game.

Now, if only they’d make the Betrayal nodes better...

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Hope people have been enjoying me handing out Exalts like candy the past couple of days, should be doing more of the same tonight, probably with another Guess the Facebreaker game.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

Now, if only they’d make the Betrayal nodes better...

The Betrayal nodes are great already, at least early league. I made a ton of exalts the first week or so of this league by farming mastermind in haewark.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
The +2 ranks betrayal node in valdo makes it incredibly easy to set up your board, it's so nice

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Do maps in Valdo to set up your board, then do maps in Haewark to get Harvests and Safehouses. Sometimes run Mastermind.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is there any easy method for selling maps, or should I just not even bother?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can list entire tiers with the map tab

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
Has anyone tried the new wormblaster? I want to try a 'budget' version but I'm not sure whether to go occultist or ascendant.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3056983/page/1

ubachung fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 28, 2021

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Is there any easy method for selling maps, or should I just not even bother?

There is a bulk selling channel on the TFT discord you can try, I sold a bunch of maps there early league.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
How are you supposed to do Shaper with Maven observing? I keep getting ganked by her orbs while in Zana's bubble. The fight used to be cool and now I just hate it because there's too much to pay attention to :(

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

whydirt posted:

How are you supposed to do Shaper with Maven observing? I keep getting ganked by her orbs while in Zana's bubble. The fight used to be cool and now I just hate it because there's too much to pay attention to :(

Pop them outside the bubble.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Tank the hit.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Arrhythmia posted:

Pop them outside the bubble.

But it's during the bullet hell phase? That's the whole point of Zana putting up her bubble

If GGG expects me to dodge all those while planting Maven's orbs in a safe corner then I guess I'm just not in the audience for the new endgame :(

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You can also run around in a circle in the zana bubble.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
The best part of Maven Shaper is when she clones him in Phase 3 and then you have THREE SHAPERS, AH AH AH

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Tenzarin posted:

You can also run around in a circle in the zana bubble.

There was literally no room because there were multiple DoT Maven ground effects in the bubble with me that came in from homing in during the bullet hell phase

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

if you're not ultra tanky with good regen I think the only way to consistently do maven shaper without dying is to alt-f4 every bubble phase

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I wish GGG would stop balancing things around being able to log out instantly.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Flavahbeast posted:

if you're not ultra tanky with good regen I think the only way to consistently do maven shaper without dying is to alt-f4 every bubble phase

Emergent gameplay at its finest

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Really should just blame the players that complain for harder and harder content.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think with shaper its unintentional, imo if you don't alt-f4 he's harder to do deathless than maven or sirus a8 right now. There's just no other counter to maven launching orbs into the bubble and/or making a shaper clone during the bullet hell phase

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Flavahbeast posted:

I think with shaper its unintentional, imo if you don't alt-f4 he's harder to do deathless than maven or sirus a8 right now. There's just no other counter to maven launching orbs into the bubble and/or making a shaper clone during the bullet hell phase

http://patch.poecdn.com/patch/3.13.1.6.2/Audio/Dialogue/NPC/Maven/Maven_63_04_A.ogg

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I started downloading these and then wrote a script to do it and there are like 1000+ of them what the hell?

lol check these 3 out

http://patch.poecdn.com/patch/3.13.1.6.2/Audio/Dialogue/NPC/Maven/Maven_06_03_A.ogg
http://patch.poecdn.com/patch/3.13.1.6.2/Audio/Dialogue/NPC/Maven/Maven_06_03_B.ogg
http://patch.poecdn.com/patch/3.13.1.6.2/Audio/Dialogue/NPC/Maven/Maven_06_03_C.ogg

Salt Fish fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 1, 2021

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Okay what the hell is this, I made a Transcendence Golemancer and I have CI and 2200 ES with 50k Armour and I can just stand in anything and everything on T15 maps at level 80. My stone golems are poo poo damage but this feels tankier at 2200 ES than my old Hoag Guardian with 25k ES. Also I lucked out and got a watchers eye with 20% phy taken to elemental and 60% reduced crit taken.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zero VGS posted:

Okay what the hell is this, I made a Transcendence Golemancer and I have CI and 2200 ES with 50k Armour and I can just stand in anything and everything on T15 maps at level 80. My stone golems are poo poo damage but this feels tankier at 2200 ES than my old Hoag Guardian with 25k ES. Also I lucked out and got a watchers eye with 20% phy taken to elemental and 60% reduced crit taken.

Didn't I do some Transcendence math in this thread, or not, I no longer know things.

But yeah you're immune to elemental damage congratulations.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
https://www.zizaran.com/classgauntlet

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Does Darkee need to pay rent again

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
His team got 4th in the Havoc team blast this weekend, so I guess!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm pretty sure if I won that computer I would immediately, and I mean it to a T, go bankrupt in Brazilian taxes.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

whypick1 posted:

Uncharted Realms nodes: Master of the Atlas -> Paths Not Taken, Adept Tracker, Remnants of the Past -> Guardian's Aid + Gaze into the Abyss (maybe swapping Guardian's for Close Allies)

This is pretty close to where I ended up for a permanent setup. I think The Most Efficient route is running Zana stuff and Neural Pathways + Remnants of the Past + Adept Tracker at the same time so that regular mapping gives you the greatest number of special map drops. You let those build up for a while and then respec into the proper branch and burn through a big set with maven watching the entire time so you can run enough arenas to recoup your unmaking orbs. But that's also more involved and tedious and I got tired of doing it after a while.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

whypick1 posted:

Uncharted Realms nodes: Master of the Atlas -> Paths Not Taken, Adept Tracker, Remnants of the Past -> Guardian's Aid + Gaze into the Abyss (maybe swapping Guardian's for Close Allies)

I've been doing a more Zana & Sirus-oriented run with:

Master of the Atlas -> Paths Not Taken, Adept Tracker -> Thaumaturgical Awakening, Secrets of the Stones, Close Allies

Close Allies is great for racking up additional missions, and Secrets of the Stones is nice for boosting those "% increased chance for master missions to be Zana" stones. (Plus, that "10% increased chance for Sirus to drop a unique watchstone" small passive leading up to it ain't bad, either.)

search engine posted:

This is pretty close to where I ended up for a permanent setup. I think The Most Efficient route is running Zana stuff and Neural Pathways + Remnants of the Past + Adept Tracker at the same time so that regular mapping gives you the greatest number of special map drops.

I tried using Neural Pathways for a while, but the chance is just way too small unless you're doing some massive chain-running of maps.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I base everything off doing Sirus cycles, so I have A9 + extra gem, along with Zana having more missions and better chance of master procs.

I do Valdo maps for an entire Sirus cycle and set up my betrayal board. Then after Sirus is killed I switch over to Haewark and run Zana maps for extra harvests while building up safehouse intelligence. Usually around the time Sirus spawns off that Haewark cycle I've got a few safehouses to run.

Alternatively instead of Valdo I do Glennach for Alva temples. Depends on what mood I'm in.

The rest of the atlas might as well not exist.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vasudus posted:

I base everything off doing Sirus cycles, so I have A9 + extra gem, along with Zana having more missions and better chance of master procs.

I do Valdo maps for an entire Sirus cycle and set up my betrayal board. Then after Sirus is killed I switch over to Haewark and run Zana maps for extra harvests while building up safehouse intelligence. Usually around the time Sirus spawns off that Haewark cycle I've got a few safehouses to run.

Alternatively instead of Valdo I do Glennach for Alva temples. Depends on what mood I'm in.

The rest of the atlas might as well not exist.

Similar thing here, but I'll also run New Vastir if I happen to have some Legion scarabs/sextant mods, and occasionally Lex Proxima whenever I roll that "possessed mons drop gilded scarabs" sextant mod.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I'm fine with "ignore 3/8 of the Atlas after getting all the completion bonuses" because it's better than the previous "ignore everything but these 3 maps or you're Doing It Wrong". For their first swing at it, they did a pretty good job with at the very least making you think about what regions/rewards you want to run with very few obvious choices (although I think we can all agree Lira sucks).

search engine posted:

This is pretty close to where I ended up for a permanent setup. I think The Most Efficient route is running Zana stuff and Neural Pathways + Remnants of the Past + Adept Tracker at the same time so that regular mapping gives you the greatest number of special map drops. You let those build up for a while and then respec into the proper branch and burn through a big set with maven watching the entire time so you can run enough arenas to recoup your unmaking orbs. But that's also more involved and tedious and I got tired of doing it after a while.

I think next league I'd only fiddle with Uncharted passives once: use Atlas Awakened to expedite getting Awakened map bonuses until I'm naturally A8. I can see the reasoning behind Neural Pathways to get a nice balance, but like Dave I saw very little reward out of that. Guardian branch seems more consistent.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Most of this league I bounced between valdo harbinger farm, new vastir dunes legion farm, and haewark atoll harvest farm with zana missions, with a little bit of glennach sprinkled in here and there. Legion farming over-sustains incubators, even when you filter out all the bad ones. So I'd farm dunes legions, rack up a quad tab's worth of incubators, then switch to one of the other regions to use up all the incubators.

I'll throw an honorable mention to a strategy I only used briefly but want to explore further, lex ejoris pathological farming. Yank all your watchstones out except lex ejoris, juice your lex ejoris maps as much as you can including a gilded cartographer scarab. You'll find enough maps to continually run ones that naturally dropped with layers of delirium on them. I'm not sure how this stacks up in terms of profit but it was a fun to play delirium league for a bit without having to worry about buying delirium orbs which is a pain in the rear end.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

whypick1 posted:

I'm fine with "ignore 3/8 of the Atlas after getting all the completion bonuses" because it's better than the previous "ignore everything but these 3 maps or you're Doing It Wrong". For their first swing at it, they did a pretty good job with at the very least making you think about what regions/rewards you want to run with very few obvious choices (although I think we can all agree Lira sucks).

I think next league I'd only fiddle with Uncharted passives once: use Atlas Awakened to expedite getting Awakened map bonuses until I'm naturally A8. I can see the reasoning behind Neural Pathways to get a nice balance, but like Dave I saw very little reward out of that. Guardian branch seems more consistent.

I agree neural pathways is pretty weak. Maybe Atlas Awakened is the stronger option since it gives you small incremental bonuses across the board. If you're just doing regular maps and letting your fragments and guardians accumulate, one or the other is at least something to throw onto the pile. The deeper nodes don't apply to Zana missions, so they're only useful once you start using up your fragments. I think I'd still lean slightly toward Neural Pathways as a matter of preference, because I like the wacky synthesized and fragmented stuff that falls out of the memory maps.

Anyway yeah the system overall is great especially for a first pass. There's the potential for all sorts of fun stuff just by shuffling numbers and nodes around each league.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I assume that Ziz event is SSF HC? I didnt see it specified.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

It's in the rules doc

quote:

SSFHC Ritual
League Mods:
Increased Monster Damage II (Monsters deal 20% Increased Damage)
Increased Monster Speed II (Monsters have 20% Increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed)
Increased Monster Elemental Damage II (Monsters Gain 30% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire, Cold and Lightning Damage)
Additional Multiple Projectiles (Monsters fire 2 Additional Projectiles)
Reduced Player Resistances I (Players have -20% to All Resistances)
Increased Monster Life II (Monsters have 40% More Life)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hahah rip city