Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
Stonewater is making the "rock on" gesture with his ice hand while he stabs Bulgak to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Siegfried is totally justified in trying to kill Dominic because he's right. Dominic could have saved his father, but didn't.

Also, god, Klo Tark coming back with no explanation as to how and existing solely to tell Dominic how to do everything and then just die again to save his life is such goddamn lazy writing.

quote:

Also again, what does going into an infernomancer even mean? What are the stake?

My assumption, based partially on how much "sense" it would make, and partially on implied things in the comic, is that demons essentially possess the infernomancer. This allows them to leave Hell (one of the characters said something like "Your infernomancer is dead, mine is sick but alive, so I have an escape route") when they normally wouldn't be able to. I assume also that if a demon possesses an infernomancer, all their wounds are healed, since the body they're possessing essentially becomes their new body. I'm basing this on the fact that Toxxel jumped into Bulgak after getting stabbed in the chest by Karnak and seemed perfectly fine when he woke up in Bulgak.

Bulgak probably died from what Stonewater did, and that zapped Toxxel back to in front of Karnak (where he was before he possessed Bulgak) only now he has a giant ice spear through his chest. So this seems to imply two things, "Whatever injuries the Infernomancer gets while you're in him, you'll get when you leave him" and "If the infernomancer dies, you get sent back to Hell." And since Bulgak's wound was fatal, so was Toxxel's when he was forced out.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Who What Now posted:

This pose is so bad because they hold their sword like a cheap action figure with, with the sword perfectly perpendicular to the arm. But it would be really hard to learn how to draw bent wrists, so this is what we get.

Look at the size of that dagger in the second panel. Jesus Christ that's a stupid dagger.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

There's a couple things that really annoy me here. First, because of how Mookie never has an ounce of self-awareness in his writing, he somehow managed to make Dominic getting angry about racism into justifying the racism against orcs. The head seer was the only orc employee in Callan Kingdom and he just assassinated both dance commander and his son, as well as caused a lot of mayhem with his infernomancy powers. In the eyes of Callan, they'd think that proves all their points about those orcs and gives them the perfect excuse to go on some kind of holy crusade. And I don't see the Deegans rushing in to explain any of that to the king.

The second is the sheer hypocrisy of how it treats Stonewater and Siggy's deeds. When other characters mention that Stonewater is 'just a rapist', Dominic is quick to defend him and gets mad at them about it. Yet when the other orc was dancing at the news of Siggy's death and listed out his multiple crimes, Dominic sure as hell doesn't give a gently caress, not even when it pissed off Milov and Jayden.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

There’s few things I hate more in storytelling than the author not knowing how to keep a consistent tone for a scene, arc, season, etc.

More specifically, if you’re going to go for a dramatic moment, commit to it! Don’t ruin the tempo you’ve been building up for the climactic showdown with a “these two fuckin’ guys, am I right?” panel! Or lose the impact of having your hero have to give the awful news to the friends of the guy who was killed and ruminating about it afterwards in the wrap-up by then shifting to another friend all but literally dancing on the guy’s grave!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I think the only reason there wasn't a mile long conga line over Sigfried's grave is Mookie had to pretend his death fulfills the "one of these important characters close to Dominic will DIE" quota. Also realizing now that the Luna death fakeout was to seriously pretend there were equal chances between her or Sigfried dying and lol if anyone at th etime could've seriously bought that Mookie would murder his anime gf over the guy he turned into a raging racist supermurderer mere pages ago.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
There's a point later in the comic where he was going to kill off Luna but decided it would be too dark.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

TheHan posted:

I think the only reason there wasn't a mile long conga line over Sigfried's grave is Mookie had to pretend his death fulfills the "one of these important characters close to Dominic will DIE" quota. Also realizing now that the Luna death fakeout was to seriously pretend there were equal chances between her or Sigfried dying and lol if anyone at th etime could've seriously bought that Mookie would murder his anime gf over the guy he turned into a raging racist supermurderer mere pages ago.

To be honest, I figured the inevitable death was KloTark's.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

WORDS WORD WORDS

WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
He's really fixated on the who is she/what is she thing isn't he? And of course Snout's vegan :allears: Has that ever come up before?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

no dialogue in this comic

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Ague Proof posted:

There's a point later in the comic where he was going to kill off Luna but decided it would be too dark.

not to mention a different character getting very, very set up to die only for Mookie to change his mind at the last minute because "the world is too sad"

why do I remember that, ugh

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Baller Ina posted:

not to mention a different character getting very, very set up to die only for Mookie to change his mind at the last minute because "the world is too sad"

why do I remember that, ugh

Was there something real-world that prompted that?

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
"You can read them again if you need to update your notes" is like a loving line telling you your journal updated in Morrowind, what the christ.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Mors Rattus posted:

no dialogue in this comic

Yes this is pathetic even compared to other recent pages

Edit: not to go all webdog but on his Twitter Mookie has been retweeting how much of an art lettering is... After multiple pages of comica using lovely fonts instead of lettering :cripes:

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 28, 2021

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Kavak posted:

Was there something real-world that prompted that?

I think, but I can't remember for sure. I just remember the daily under-the-comic post saying that line and rolling my eyes.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

HellOnEarth posted:

"You can read them again if you need to update your notes" is like a loving line telling you your journal updated in Morrowind, what the christ.

So I guess he just gets back his journal that the bad guys stole? Just like that, without even confronting them? Typical.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Cloacamazing! posted:

To be honest, I figured the inevitable death was KloTark's.

Mookie bringing fish face back just to kill him again and fulfill a quota is the funnier option.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

WORDS WORD WORDS

WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS

SNOUT’S QUESTIONS. Who wrote that up there.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

HellOnEarth posted:

:geno: UPDATED MY JOURNAL

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Pyrotoad posted:

And of course Snout's vegan :allears: Has that ever come up before?

I think he was depicted foraging some vegetables back before his house was destroyed, although of course that doesn't do anything to imply that he eats only plants.

HellOnEarth posted:

This was my reaction as well. Does he even have notes? As far as I can tell he's lost everything other than his clothing. It would be a very depressing situation, except that the character seems to have an almost Buddha-like lack of interest in material possessions. Snout's lack of any real motivations or concerns is really the most fundamental problem with the story.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

i guess the physical pages weren't actually important to have, actually, and all they contain is just the dumb single statement.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

So Snout didn't even lose those pages he had despite [REDACTED] and Master Palms clearly knocking him out for it?

Fucks sake, Mookie! Way to remove any fangs your villains may have had in the first place, and they're not even in the drat room for it.

amigolupus fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 1, 2021

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The villains have, so far, managed to... slow down the story a bit.

Granted that's pretty painful, but for us.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I doubt very much Palmstrike Mookie's 5e D&D Monk is going to turn out to be a permanent bad guy. He could have murdered Mookie but chose not to. The face-turn isn't guaranteed, but Mookie clearly thinks he's cool.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Incredible. This is the first ever comic that has devolved into a light novel.

At least the Games Games Bowl PDF was a one-time, relentlessly mocked humiliation.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

At least the Games Games Bowl PDF was a one-time, relentlessly mocked humiliation.

Not true, Poppy O'Possum did it first.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Memories are stirring but not quite enough- this was a CAD thing, right?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kavak posted:

Memories are stirring but not quite enough- this was a CAD thing, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktKOM2xE5UE

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tesseraction posted:

Nah that old comic about elves? Back on keenspot? Main character was named Baughb? That turned into a light novel in like 2005

Webcomics, man

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Medenmath posted:

This was my reaction as well. Does he even have notes? As far as I can tell he's lost everything other than his clothing.

All his clothing was stolen when he bought a shower at a Mongreltown bathhouse. He's wearing clothes Arudak bought for him.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Thank goodness he can copy this stuff down again. Even though that was just a random book he found in mongreltown and not either the supposedly magical pages (that Arudak took but never gave back, so I guess the villains have them?) or the lucid dreaming book he was looking for in the first place.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Arudak: "Ok. Explain to me why we need this moron again?"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
The symbol of order is just...a cube :effort:

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
It's not even a very orderly cube, the lines are crooked.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Cloacamazing! posted:

It's not even a very orderly cube, the lines are crooked.

I'm sure Mookie slaved over it for minutes hours making it look "sketchy" like his obviously labored signature.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 1, 2021

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

HellOnEarth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1tyybVuSBU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I just realized that the villain Redactor is trying to remove words from the comic. Meta villainy as doing so will make it impossible for the author to write a semi-coherent story with no text.

No dialog.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

So... The villain is trying to get Mookie to write a challenging story?

Wow, writing that way makes it sound like the premise to an Italo Calvino story.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
So, just to be clear:

The mysterious Legacy Of Dom Deegan - which is the title of the comic, and has been pursued by Snout for well over a year now - has finally been revealed...

and it’s that wizards’ powers are slightly weaker.

And every other character knew this all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

So, just to be clear:

The mysterious Legacy Of Dom Deegan - which is the title of the comic, and has been pursued by Snout for well over a year now - has finally been revealed...

and it’s that wizards’ powers are slightly weaker.

And every other character knew this all along.

Yes that is correct. And Dominic stole the ability away for anyone else to do his schtick. but otherwise, big mystery solved.

Still not sure why those pages would have contained his magic secret.