Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Duck Rodgers posted:

My understanding is that Rick DiPietro was the islanders goalie for most of this period

It was Hrudey. Weirdly, the trivia question on MSG+ during the game was about who the last Isles goalie was to shut out the Pens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
IMO the Sabres should hire Boudreau. His teams seem to have fun and put up points.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

clean ayers act posted:

IMO the Sabres should hire Boudreau. His teams seem to have fun and put up points.

Honestly if you can't make the organizational structure good you might as well try to make the team fun to play for
It's not a bad gambit

like those offices that have coffee-kegs and snacks

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Island Nation posted:

It was Hrudey. Weirdly, the trivia question on MSG+ during the game was about who the last Isles goalie was to shut out the Pens.

Ol' Button Popper himself.

https://twitter.com/teddy_lema/status/1365128830952873984

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
hey March

it's me, Shinjobi. Yeah, I've buried myself in a dirty trench. Because the Stars are a toilet, and this is where I belong.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Honestly if you can't make the organizational structure good you might as well try to make the team fun to play for
It's not a bad gambit

Lightsaber Night has been Cancelled.

Thanks a lot Shorsey

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1366512768527048706?s=20

Some solid choices here

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, this has to be Morin’s last NHL stint.

Kudos to the dude for really trying, but unfortunately he was never really able to keep up in the NHL. Worst case, if he gets a few more years with the Phantoms in his career, that’s still a good amount of money, so he’ll live.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, this has to be Morin’s last NHL stint.

Kudos to the dude for really trying, but unfortunately he was never really able to keep up in the NHL. Worst case, if he gets a few more years with the Phantoms in his career, that’s still a good amount of money, so he’ll live.

Morin is tall and bad at defense, so what I'm saying is expect Jim Benning to try and trade for him.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Alex Stalock has found a home with the Oilers.

https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-oilers-claim-g-alex-stalock-off-waivers-from-minnesota-wild-1.1600813

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/1366540427390812162

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

If that's the Flames in warmup, imagine them during a game.

Also, there's no one there to impress, put on a helmet.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Todd Bertuzzi got arrested for a suspected DUI last night.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i bet marc crawford made him do that too, the bastard

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Homer and Marge watching the Denver Broncos practice on the front yard

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I am pleased to inform everybody that this team lost to the Sens 5-1 tonight.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:lmao: what the hell

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
BLOW

THIS

FUCKIn

poo poo UP

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Mike Works posted:

Todd Bertuzzi got arrested for a suspected DUI last night.

It's been a long, long road...

https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1366561450299392003a

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Kilza posted:

I am pleased to inform everybody that this team lost to the Sens 5-1 tonight.

Sad, sad team. This flames team might be the most disappointing since they had chuck kobasew as a first line center

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

It rules

grack
Jan 10, 2012

sleep with the vicious posted:

Sad, sad team. This flames team might be the most disappointing since they had chuck kobasew as a first line center

A team with significant flaws being covered up by Markstrom playing out of his mind?

Why does that sound so familiar?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Went with the Jim Halpert for his mugshot. A classic choice.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

lmao

At least the Flames aren’t painfully mediocre any more. They’re hilariously bad

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Trying real hard to get the coach fired

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Flames gonna get everyone stuck with the rule that you must wear a helmet while on the ice.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Hockey is dumb and makes no sense.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Bruins hoping to make a deal for Eichel?

An unnamed NHL source told The Athletic’s Fluto Shinzawa this week that if the Buffalo Sabres’ Jack Eichel became available on the trade market, the Boston Bruins would come calling.

“I just don’t see any way they can’t be all over him,” the NHL source told Shinzawa in reference to the Bruins. “He can ask for a trade. But he could be off to Columbus. On the flip side, if you’re Buffalo, if you’re ever going to trade him and you’re worried about this, you should trade him before (the NMC) kicks in… If you ever put him on the Bruins and gave him Pastrnak, Bergeron and Marchand, lookout. That would be scary.”

‘Bruins trade for Jack Eichel? What we’re hearing about the Sabres’ star coming to Boston,’ Fluto Shinzawa, The Atheletic 03/01/2021

https://thehockeywriters.com/sabres-bruins-eichel-deal-works-for-both-teams/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Any team that isn't would be crazy.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lol leafs

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHLGIFs/status/1366592226613207049?s=20

Well, A for effort

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
lol oilers

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Surely you have to wait until they actually blow the Most Dangerous Lead In Hockey before posting this?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

e: not the GDT, I blame the new month

Koopa Kid fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 2, 2021

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Aphrodite posted:

Went with the Jim Halpert for his mugshot. A classic choice.

Honest to god I read this and thought "what the hell does Jim Halpert have to do with this?" and then realized I was thinking of Jeff Halpern

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Looking at highlights, I just realized that Gudbranson is an alternate captain in Ottawa. Is he really one the of the best guys that they could pick?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Believe this was right after Scandella got high sticked and lost two front teeth with no call

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

grack posted:

Looking at highlights, I just realized that Gudbranson is an alternate captain in Ottawa. Is he really one the of the best guys that they could pick?

Everybody knows one of the keys to leadership is simply being taller than everyone else. Its why Lincoln is the greatest president.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The Leafs are 3-0 against the Oilers this season when Auston Matthews doesn't play. Good to know he's holding them back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Kilza posted:

The Leafs are 3-0 against the Oilers this season when Auston Matthews doesn't play. Good to know he's holding them back!

The Oil can't solve Hutchinson! He's the new key to victory.