Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Should the mozambique not be counting towards pistol damage in the weekly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Arbite posted:

Should the mozambique not be counting towards pistol damage in the weekly?

Nope, it's a shotgun

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Daztek posted:

Nope, it's a shotgun

True. Huh, they finally moved it out of the pistol section in the loadout, now that I check. Still call it a pistol in the description, though.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Arbite posted:

True. Huh, they finally moved it out of the pistol section in the loadout, now that I check. Still call it a pistol in the description, though.

"Tag" at the top of the hoverover still says pistol, unfortunate it doesn't count for both imo

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVFy6YTpOH4

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lol at the amount of 'actual gameplay' shown its fuckin zero

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

it's gonna be rough to play at 30fps but at least they get gyro controls

once again the switch gets gyro controls where the ps4/ps5 doesn't, despite also having a gyro

what's the deal with that

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Woof, that does look pretty rough.

I saw it pointed out that about 37 seconds in the legends are all doing new animations. Usually they reuse banner poses for this sort of thing, like the Lifeline pose immediately afterwards. And then one of the writers that likes to obliquely tease stuff said “Lots of movement in this!” in reply to the official tweet. Could be non-skydive emotes coming.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Since Holo-Sprays were such a big hit, we've decided to add a new type of item to the apex pack loot pool. Show off your moves with these new rare, epic and legendary emotes!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I do not miss the LTE, it was really screwy to be nearly fully-geared 1-2 minutes after drop and to see half the squads destroyed before the first ring even begins shrinking.

At least now if I take down another squad I can look forward to upgrading off them instead of just having them chew through my supplies and giving away my location.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I can deal with the white loot, but please give me a moz + sight, thanks Respawn

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Speaking of the Moz, even after a month of the LTE I could never get the hang of hitting targets with it. It really feels like it has a bullet velocity significantly slower than the EVA-8/Mastiff. I figured you're supposed to aim center mass with it so the bottom two slugs would hit the torso with an okay chance of the top slug hitting their head, but trying to lead targets to compensate for dodge/crouch spam just always felt like I was slightly too slow to actually hit them.

I didn't have this issue with the P2020 or EVA-8, so it's apparently something that's unique to the Mozambique, not to the pistol or shotgun class.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1366863846565011457

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hope locked and loaded comes back with p2020s next time

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

infinite circle loading screen now

:negative:

e: five minutes of background waiting to get in, woof

Chard fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 3, 2021

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm so, so sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU_RUNbelXk

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

apex video of the century holy poo poo

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
also apex is literally unplayable poo poo without mozzies and white gear on drop, zero hyperbole. 1000% better with basic gear

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Great guide on how to use the spitfire:

https://youtu.be/u-5251bHuJ4

Also this guy does actually have a couple of good guides tbh

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Finally, the highlight reel people have been waiting for!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I recently recorded a little clip of me winning in a 1v2 for my pals, but the sound hadn't recorded so I let Youtube pick for me and it NAILED it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezeMOux7d1g

The Kazoo solo is pure fire

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Herstory Begins Now posted:

also apex is literally unplayable poo poo without mozzies and white gear on drop, zero hyperbole. 1000% better with basic gear

Agreed. I forgot how much I loving loathe dying before even finding a weapon.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The CoD killstreak sound :discourse:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

You get a bullet! And you get a bullet! Everyone gets a bullet!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I'm fine with the regular mode being back but I definitely had to re-learn how to drop today without white armor at the very least

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah the game was definitely better with a basic all white loadout. Literally no downsides and stops a lot of stupid bad drop time waste games.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
I dunno it's worth it for those drops where you wind up with both sides just slap fighting like rock em sock em robots

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Didn't know Apex had a mode where you can practice vs bots

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Well poo poo on the lawn and blame the neighbour's dog, I can actually log in again.

Only took half the season :argh:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Daztek posted:

Didn't know Apex had a mode where you can practice vs bots

How else am i going to get cool clips :colbert:

See: Triple Stick https://streamable.com/szt22b

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

dogstile posted:

How else am i going to get cool clips :colbert:

See: Triple Stick https://streamable.com/szt22b

Jeez, how do you get those lobbies!!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Have had some very... strange partners in Trios today. Drop with the rest of the squad but then immediately sprint away to some backwater part of the map. And I'm not talking an actual area either, complete deadspaces and ajoining areas. Without fail, each of them have then proceeded to not loot anything and then sit there pinging their location over and over until the ring forces them to move back to us.

Just once is strange enough, but 3 separate occasions almost in a row is just a lil' sus. Are they bots? Is there some dumb Twitch thing?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Was it the same spot, near the crash site maybe? Maybe it was some Easter egg like the Horizon messages. I haven't heard c anything about it though.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I've had teammates I'm pretty sure were bots before, they landed in an obscure corner of the map and ran in circles until the ring killed them

My guess is they make new accounts and farm the free lootboxes until they jackpot heirloom shards, then sell the account

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah I'm guessing it is some sort of botting to try and create a sellable account. The pings are probably to stop the game from kicking them out for inactivity.

Terrene
May 1, 2009
Do legend skins ever come back into rotation? Googling around I never really got a clear answer

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Terrene posted:

Do legend skins ever come back into rotation? Googling around I never really got a clear answer

they don't until they do.

ea for ya

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Do you still get 600 red shards after hitting rank 500 or do I have to come to terms with the fact that I'll have to pay for new legends in abouuuut... 12 seasons? :haw:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

mcbexx posted:

Do you still get 600 red shards after hitting rank 500 or do I have to come to terms with the fact that I'll have to pay for new legends in abouuuut... 12 seasons? :haw:

You still get legend tokens yes, just no apex packs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh wow, thanks to the goon who recommended trying the Tokyo servers. I just played a bunch of matches on it and every single time my teammates were helpful, smart and polite.

It's like a world of difference lol