Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I guess not enough people have died in Texas recently for the Republican's blood god, and it demands further sacrifices.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Live Free And Die

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

EBB posted:

have you heard about bayer my bro :v:

Damnit, i already included that joke in my post, why you gotta be like that :mad:

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

boop the snoot posted:

Experiences in basic training have shown me that bending the laws of physics to fit people in a vehicle is easier than you think.

As someone who has ridden eight deep in a HMMWV...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Here's the context:

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1366851885618069509

Literally killing people because of ideology and not giving a gently caress.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

antimatt posted:

But 25 in an expedition would be a whole other level wouldn’t it?

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
So, I'm scheduled for my 1st covid shot Thursday. My husband is now eligible to get one, however it seems that everywhere in PA is booked solid. I had a dumb thought about asking the VA clinic if my spouse could get a shot provided they had any extra doses. Is this a dumb thing to ask?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

antimatt posted:

I think I saw that video

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Pine Cone Jones posted:

So, I'm scheduled for my 1st covid shot Thursday. My husband is now eligible to get one, however it seems that everywhere in PA is booked solid. I had a dumb thought about asking the VA clinic if my spouse could get a shot provided they had any extra doses. Is this a dumb thing to ask?

My step dad got one that way when my mom got hers, though not through the VA.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Worst thing they can say is no.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Pine Cone Jones posted:

No it’s your loved one. The worse they can say is no, and I would heaven and earth to score a vaccine appointment for my loved ones.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

facialimpediment posted:

I wondered if/when this kind of thing would get worked out - just took an administration that gave a drat.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1366734778213498884?s=19

Won't help for a few months, but Merck's own vaccine flamed out, so gently caress it, get them involved! DPA-prioritize getting them the equipment, grease the skids between the companies, and woohoo, more J&J vaccine, by Merck.

Reminds me of aircraft production in World War Two (and is probably because of the same DPA authority): "So Boeing, love the B-17 but we need more of them, get Douglas and Lockheed on the horn and figure out where to send them the right tools and jigs, kthxbye."

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/AlsupTheWriter/status/1366848508083523585?s=19

Pretty clear that these states have determined that the current plateau of our current level, equivalent to HOLY gently caress OUTBREAK summer numbers, means it's time to OPEN UP and cause another surge as vaccines come online.

Lunatic poo poo. We only need a few more months.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's especially tragic because like the only thing Mississippi was known for excelling at was their general vaccination rate.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Here's the context:

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1366851885618069509

Literally killing people because of ideology and not giving a gently caress.

Weird, red states normally don’t have any issue receiving blue state bailouts. They just don’t want to help pay.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Fallom posted:

Weird, red states normally don’t have any issue receiving blue state bailouts. They just don’t want to help pay.

Yea, I think it's something more embarrassing for them. Probably that the amount of government dole they'd need to be solvent would be big enough they'd need a specific "texas bailout" bill, which would be hilarious to me.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

boop the snoot posted:

Experiences in basic training have shown me that bending the laws of physics to fit people in a vehicle is easier than you think.

I fondly remember the better part of a platoon getting shoved inside of a bread truck.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

I seem to remember being put in a literal cattle trailer at Ft Sill

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Defenestrategy posted:

Yea, I think it's something more embarrassing for them. Probably that the amount of government dole they'd need to be solvent would be big enough they'd need a specific "texas bailout" bill, which would be hilarious to me.

Supposedly it isn't even that much. Projection was $5B, ended up $1B, but they must've not liked the expected FY21 numbers.

But meanwhile, the timeline just shifted two months to the left:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1366863524471836672

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1366863876206264327

https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/1366838943560433669

Gonna be weird when Democrats learn from 2009 and Republicans didn't.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
And a brand new post because she deserves one as a standalone:

https://twitter.com/DollyParton/status/1366861968498454529

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Dolly Parton is too good for us.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Dolly Parton is too good for us.

As a civilian is Dolly eligible for a spot on Mt. GiPmore?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Wait gently caress, now she posted a video to go along with the picture, so she gets a second dedicated post.

https://twitter.com/DollyParton/status/1366866210852323328

"I'm old enough to get it and I'm smart enough to get it"

Edit: That was the most wholesome thing I've ever loving seen.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 2, 2021

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

I'll check Thursday then, hopefully the VA will be somewhat helpful if they have extra doses.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

My VA just moved to 60+ and is doing walk-ins for them so it seems like they’re mostly through the olds. Hopefully only a few more weeks until I can get stuck.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soylent Pudding posted:

As a civilian is Dolly eligible for a spot on Mt. GiPmore?

That's always been a dumb thing and I'm finally gonna say it.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

That's always been a dumb thing and I'm finally gonna say it.

gently caress you. You're a dumb thing

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

What the gently caress is this: grunt style for jackasses? Actually that’s redundant but gently caress it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Time Crisis Actor posted:

gently caress you. You're a dumb thing

I did enlist

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Me too buddy. Me too. How’s the baby?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Neera's out. RIP.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1366898022727221252

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It’s funny how for four years these hearings didn’t mean poo poo but now that Democrats have control...

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/AbbieRBennett/status/1366519212135636995?s=19

Pro tip: Sleep is important

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Actually addressing sleep deprivation in the military would require treating service members time as something other than expendable. The military certainly won't do anything to fix it. "You know what you signed up for!"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Looking forward to our big dumb pig governor saying that the feds don't own him and pushing us to the back of the line.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Mustang posted:

Actually addressing sleep deprivation in the military would require treating service members time as something other than expendable. The military certainly won't do anything to fix it. "You know what you signed up for!"

Airdales are the only ones that get this consideration in the coast guard. The coast guard needs to adopt STCW safe practices aboard cutters and actually give a gently caress about logging sleep.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

nwin posted:

Airdales are the only ones that get this consideration in the coast guard. The coast guard needs to adopt STCW safe practices aboard cutters and actually give a gently caress about logging sleep.

"LOL" says the coast guard about their enlisted "LMAO"

Ask me how it feels to work 6 12 hour shifts in 8 days.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Modafinil seems more likely than sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Damnit, i already included that joke in my post, why you gotta be like that :mad:

we are all sinners in the eyes of the machine god running the simulation