Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I can't be the only one here whose opinion of otoole ticked slightly up when he made a poop joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i mean, i don't think any less of him

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
didn't go up, didn't go down. went sideways I guess

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

prom candy posted:

I can't be the only one here whose opinion of otoole ticked slightly up when he made a poop joke

Didn't change my opinion but i already associated him with poo poo

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

pokeyman posted:

didn't go up, didn't go down. went sideways I guess

Twirling, twirling towards poop jokes

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I can't wait until this guy accuses China of going peepee in our cokes

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
china treats canada like a fart in the wind

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DariusLikewise posted:

china treats canada like a fart in the wind

its more than we deserve

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
have we invaded china for their strategic michael reserves yet

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Mameluke posted:

have we invaded china for their strategic michael reserves yet

https://twitter.com/katiedrumm/status/1364906860457910279

Right behind you buddy

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Erin O'Toole should roll up his sleeves and really dig into this

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

There's anal covid now?!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Normy posted:

There's anal covid now?!

There already was, did you not read your pamphlet on glory hole safety during the pandemic?!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Covid is detectable from waste in waste treatment plants, yeah

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Wait I've been getting a qtip shoved up my nose like a sucker???

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
thank you to brian pallister for giving one million dollars to brad wall to agree with everything brian pallister has said

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Remember that mass shooting last year?

https://globalnews.ca/news/7660609/firefighters-terrorized-rcmp-search-nova-scotia-gunman-answers/

Firefighters ‘terrorized’ by RCMP during search for Nova Scotia gunman still have no answers

I had no idea the RCMP just opened fire on the firehall for some reason

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

it’s the fire hall. you fire at it!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Meanwhile they also prevented firefighters from putting out the house fires set by the killer. For their safety.

Holy gently caress I hate cops

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
A guy I knew in highschool has apparently joined the RCMP a little while back. Based on that I feel confident they're not recruiting the most upright and sensible people.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Danaru posted:

Meanwhile they also prevented firefighters from putting out the house fires set by the killer. For their safety.

Holy gently caress I hate cops

Canadaland Commons did an update last week and it's totally hosed. Apparently four little kids were hiding in a basement after witnessing their parents get murdered and all the houses around them were burning. They spent 3 hours on the phone with 911 while the RCMP were at the end of the driveway doing ????

They had to dig the phone out of their dead father's pocket to call 911.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Fried Watermelon posted:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7660609/firefighters-terrorized-rcmp-search-nova-scotia-gunman-answers/

Firefighters ‘terrorized’ by RCMP during search for Nova Scotia gunman still have no answers

ah, come on, there's always been a bit of a friendly rivalry between cops and firefighters. that's just a little bit of harmless fun, no big deal

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/CANADALAND/status/1364624983968874496

Listen to this. What a loving mess.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the best thing a cop can do with his gun is turn it on himself

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Holy crap that's horribly offensive. Not all police use he/him pronouns.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

please there is a shortage of ammunition

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
spent my coffee break at work today trying to use that MyHeritage site that animates old photos to animate the Trudeau blackface photos.

every time I try it doesn’t recognize Trudeau’s blackface as a face.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

BGrifter posted:

spent my coffee break at work today trying to use that MyHeritage site that animates old photos to animate the Trudeau blackface photos.

every time I try it doesn’t recognize Trudeau’s blackface as a face.

that's also due to racism

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
best I ended up with was this.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

For goons in the Manitoba area, how good is Shaw internet and home phone services? I've been with MTS (well, BellMTS) for years now, and I signed up for their Fibe 100 last July, the guy came out to hook it up on July 2nd, and it turned out there was a grounding fault with the second line. He put in a service request to have the line dug up and fixed, and then I heard nothing from them. Every month I was billed for the Fibe 100, I called them and they reverted it to the old price (only thing I'll give BellMTS, the billing department never questioned that and always fixed the price right away), and both the billing and technical department emailed the "back end team" to contact me. I never heard anything from them, its now 8 monthes later and I'm looking at my options for other companies that offer internet, home phone and cellphone.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Randalor posted:

For goons in the Manitoba area, how good is Shaw internet and home phone services? I've been with MTS (well, BellMTS) for years now, and I signed up for their Fibe 100 last July, the guy came out to hook it up on July 2nd, and it turned out there was a grounding fault with the second line. He put in a service request to have the line dug up and fixed, and then I heard nothing from them. Every month I was billed for the Fibe 100, I called them and they reverted it to the old price (only thing I'll give BellMTS, the billing department never questioned that and always fixed the price right away), and both the billing and technical department emailed the "back end team" to contact me. I never heard anything from them, its now 8 monthes later and I'm looking at my options for other companies that offer internet, home phone and cellphone.

It might be worth asking in here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3361500&pagenumber=201#lastpost

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I didn't even know that thread existed! Thanks, I'll bug people there instead.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Randalor posted:

I have RFNow and I'm super happy with it. Big upfront installation fee but no regrets. IDK if it's available in your area.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Fried Watermelon posted:

Bruh they've already been cleared.

ACAB 1312

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

quote:

No one inside or outside the hall was hurt, but bullets peppered the hall's siding over a distance of several metres. The shots went through one of the big bay doors and punctured a fire truck's windshield, fender and engine.

Shots also pierced an electronic welcome sign close to the road, more than 60 metres from where the cruiser was parked, and a granite monument by the building's entrance.

this was with rifles from the 80

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

To be fair, they weren't shooting at the firehall, they were shooting at another RCMP officer who they thought was the mass shooter. They didn't hit him either.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
What I'm confused about is how only 5 shots were fired but the side of the firehall looked like 30 shots hit it. Is there a non-conspiracy theory explaining that (like hail damage or something) or is it a real conspiracy theory.

SIRT report posted:

The SOs fired their weapons. SO1 fired four shots and SO2 fired one shot. Neither AP2 who had run
into the fire hall nor AP1 who, unbeknownst to the SOs, was sitting in the police vehicle were
struck by the shots

Source: Chronicle herald

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Chillyrabbit posted:

What I'm confused about is how only 5 shots were fired but the side of the firehall looked like 30 shots hit it. Is there a non-conspiracy theory explaining that (like hail damage or something) or is it a real conspiracy theory.

In that cbc article it says one witness counted 32 holes around the firehall

Also says the RCMP emptied their magazines and counted the bullets and only 5 shots were fired.

One picture they give shows 6 separate areas with bullet holes, including the one you show that has a ton of holes in it

For some reason I don't really trust the RCMP side of the story

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Chillyrabbit posted:

I think when coverups are this blatant we can disperse with the term 'conspiracy theory' when discussing them.

e:

Fried Watermelon posted:

For some reason I don't really trust the RCMP side of the story

If you listen to the Canadaland podcast I posted above, they talk about how it's SOP for the RCMP to lie to the public regarding undercover operations. They make a pretty good case imo that's what's going on here.

Another Bill has issued a correction as of 18:25 on Mar 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Chillyrabbit posted:

Does a hail of bullets count.