Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Azir looks fun as hell, and it’s nice to see a big value deck that doesn’t get completely hosed by Maokai or Lissandra deck burning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

All in Azir is sort of interesting because a lot of decks dedicated to doing A Thing like that make you draw your Things in the correct order or the deck fizzles. Like, if you draw your sea monsters before your toss cards, your deep deck doesn't do anything fast enough then you die; or you just spend all game tossing and you never get enough sea monsters to actually win. That you're guaranteed to T1 Sun Disc, then that you absolutely have your win condition after you ascend Azir probably makes this at least a good deck, although its still probably too cutesy to be a great one.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like 90% of the good decks are going to include x3 landmark removal which will make the sun disc pretty underwhelming in actual play, but maybe eating a 3+ mana landmark removal for your 1 mana turn 1 play is okay enough.

breaks
May 12, 2001

Wonder if we’re gonna see more or less day one Azir than there was day one ASol

Patch notes: https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/game-updates/patch-2-3-0-notes/

Only balance change is that Aphelios loses 1 health.

As always the most disappointing part of the patch notes is that they don't gifify the emotes so you can see their true nature. Is Salt Bae Azir the A+ Tier BM emote he appears to be, his expressionless chickeny facade served atop a thick slice of stale meme, or is he another Von Yipp disgusted cat whose animation undermines his very purpose?

breaks fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 2, 2021

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel like 90% of the good decks are going to include x3 landmark removal which will make the sun disc pretty underwhelming in actual play, but maybe eating a 3+ mana landmark removal for your 1 mana turn 1 play is okay enough.

Also Shurima has a counter spell.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hard to tell from still image but that LeBlanc emote looks like it may be this.

https://tenor.com/view/rihanna-riri-bad-girl-riri-trying-to-flirt-flirt-gif-4998235

And if it is that is an excellent cut.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Katarina is bonkers in lab of legend.

I got her +2/+2, overwhelm, fury, and -2 cost.

I won each game on turn 3.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Katarina is bonkers in lab of legend.

I got her +2/+2, overwhelm, fury, and -2 cost.

I won each game on turn 3.

Fury seems pointless on her. Do the +2/+2 and -2 cost persist after recall?

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

PJOmega posted:

Fury seems pointless on her. Do the +2/+2 and -2 cost persist after recall?

Yes. They become intrinsic parts of the card.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My easy wins for EXP is the +2/2 for 1-cost on Miss Fortune, since MF has 2 1-cost units. Good pairings for her are Zoe (the best combination, in my opinion), Elise (especially if you get -1 cost reduction on her), and Teemo. There's also 2 spells that summon random 1-cost units, and if you get the option to summon Poros when playing spells, that's even more 3/3s on board.

I'm at the point where not playing 1-cost MF or Sapling Hecarim feels super slow and risky, while the biggest boon of the aforementioned 2 builds is that they trivialize Mistwraiths and Thresh, which are a pain in the rear end.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Here's the little battle pass they're doing if anyone is curious. 975 coins, runs until the end of March

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

goferchan posted:

Here's the little battle pass they're doing if anyone is curious. 975 coins, runs until the end of March

How hard is it to complete the battle pass? I generally get to level 10 on the weekly vault.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Easy peasy. I usually end up between 10 and 13 in vault (more 10 before Lab of Legends, more 13 now) and I finished both the previous passes in... half the time?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Kris xK posted:

How hard is it to complete the battle pass? I generally get to level 10 on the weekly vault.
The previous two have been fairly trivial to complete if you're playing every day during their run and I believe buying this one in the first two weeks gives you a bonus quest that'll award even more of whatever they're calling the currency.

Edit: regarding the battle pass

so you can have a look at your progress on the 15th and decide if you think it's worth it, or if you don't care about a rare prismatic chest just wait until the last day :v:

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 3, 2021

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That is something I really appreciate about how they've done passes in this game -- there's no double XP for paid holders or whatever to give you FOMO for not buying it day one; it's totally legit to just get the free rewards, wait until near the end, and decide whether or not the premium rewards you've qualified for up to that point are worth paying for.

edit: And it's good value in general if you're at all interested in cosmetic stuff. The wildcards alone in there would cost you 940 gold, then you've got the prismatic Azir and a few other specific cards as rewards

goferchan fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 3, 2021

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

What's the first deck everyone is planning on building?

I'm trying to decide between a Lissandra/Taliyah landmark deck and Kindred/Concurrent Timelines/Ledros shenanigans, which seems like it could be a blast to bullshit around with in this first week.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I'm most pumped about Lissandra, but given that you get one the moment you level of Freljord I've kicked off with a HecAzir deck that seems like it's got potential. It's better against midrange than a lot of aggro decks, but is still aggro enough to rush down most control.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Post your new and old deck codes, folks, don’t hold back

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Yes want to play with all the decks!

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I am enjoying:

HecAzir: CMBQCAYFB4CQCBIDA4KSUMIHAQDQGGRTHE5E2ZIAAEAQIBZ3

Watcher Control: CMCACAIFFABAGAICAYBQCAIDBQQQIBABAECQMDQCAEBQCAYEAECQCDZMGYAA

Ledros Timelines sucks for the same reason Yogg-Saron sucked in Hearthstone. You don't play it when you're winning, because even though you have a 60% chance to win you're pretty hosed if you get the 40%. But if you're close to losing, hey, why not?! 60% chance of the Ledros Instakill is better than losing!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

lol, i didn't even know this was live today

well poo poo, time to get crafting i guess

Khorne
May 1, 2002
4x young witch with a bunch of the 5 attack 2 cost guys, leblanc, zeds, 4x twin disciplines, and a bunch of other random buffs + 3x recall fast cards + 2x shunpo is the dumbest deck I've ever drafted in expedition. I thought I'd get blown out by board wipes or something but instead I got a bunch of people who bricked the early game or played stuff that got ran over by endless quick attack guys with 5-9 attack.

and playing shunpo with all your mana on t4 or t5 after they use theirs + attack you is the dirtiest thing in the world. Especially when you can use quick attack on the 5/1 challengers to setup the kill next turn.

I won on t4 3 times.

I don't think the draft was good, any kind of aoe would have blown me out because I had only 1x fae guy who gives elusive that cost more than 3, but it was real fun. Someone managed to get 2 8/8 overwhelms from landmarks and I ran them over with my 2-3 drops anyway.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 4, 2021

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Been playing the new lab cause I don't know what I want to spend my resources on, and I gotta say 2v2 is pretty drat fun. Hilarious that Riot was able to get it in their game before MTG.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Kindred is so cool. Makes for some really tricky combat math for the opponent sometimes, lol

breaks
May 12, 2001

I've been playing agigas's shurima/noxus aggro/overwhelm since I haven't played any overwhelm decks or much noxus in general and I already had almost all of the non-Shurima parts. It's been fun!

CEBQCAQDAUCAIBYJDI3UGBIBAMGRIJJIG4BAEAIDAQZQEBAHFVCQEAIEAMBACBAHNU

Truly shocked at the lack of sun disc decks so far though. Big change from everyone trying to ball out with Living Legends last time around, lol.

breaks fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Mar 4, 2021

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

breaks posted:

Truly shocked at the lack of sun disc decks so far though. Big change from everyone trying to ball out with Living Legends last time around, lol.

Sun disk just feels really jank. I think it will get a lot better come the following mini expansions that give more cards to support it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Expedition is hardly a good barometer for these things, especially on day 1 of a bunch of new poo poo, but my extremely early impression is that Azir/Nasus/Renekton don't even need that Level 3. It feels like an extreme win more situation.

Shurima is cool as hell though I'm enjoying what I've gotten my hands on in expedition.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

breaks posted:

Azir's levelup is free but getting one from Nasus is way too slow and I haven't found a good way to fit enough stuff to guarantee Renekton's levelup before he dies.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Rocking J4 and Garen at the moment:

CMCQCAQAAQAQGAAOAECAOLIDAEAAYGRCAQCAAAIHBAEQGAIBAAZQCBAABIAQIB2FAMAQCAAGAEBQADACAIAAOCI

I'm sure there's lots to iterate on it but holy poo poo does J4 feel great

Also I tried a very generic deep deck subbing in sea scarab in a fairly standard deep decklist:

CMCACBAFB4BACBI5FABAEBIIBICQEBRHFQXTKOADAEBAMBIBAICQOAQBAUMS6AQBAECQCAICAYSQ

Scarab is a really good replacement for slaughter docks but I also nearly milled myself to death doing so. I think I might look at some kind of comedy maokai mill deck with how fast these dudes go. Don't think archetype is op by any measure.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I know people on the subreddit were bitching about LeBlanc when she got revealed, but I'm growing on her. Her level up condition can tick up surprisingly fast just from blocking Sand Soldiers or whatever

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

goferchan posted:

I know people on the subreddit were bitching about LeBlanc when she got revealed, but I'm growing on her. Her level up condition can tick up surprisingly fast just from blocking Sand Soldiers or whatever

I think more than anything else for me she's a little bit of a letdown thematically when almost every champ in LoR has really hits the mark in some way. What kind of deck are you running her with?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Her art doesn't match her mechanics either. She's a 5/2 quick attack that needs to attack and she's sitting down at a table (TF is a 2/2 quick attack that sits at a table but you keep him parked on the bench). She looks like she was probably reworked a few times (which happens).

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Servaetes posted:

I think more than anything else for me she's a little bit of a letdown thematically when almost every champ in LoR has really hits the mark in some way. What kind of deck are you running her with?

https://lor.mobalytics.gg/decks/c0vs894b5t283avd142g

I'm trying this Noxus/Frejlord deck from Swim. Absolutely agree with you on the flavor being weird, no argument there

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I had a pretty good expedition run with LeBlanc and a bunch of Noxus big hitters.

Anyways I know I want to make a Shurima deck but I'm wracked with horrible indecision on what to try out. Leaning towards either Nasus or Renekton I think rather than Azir. Maybe both in a Brothers Deck?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the sand soldiers animations are so awesome.

I burned through all my wildcards building this:

CECQCBAEBIBACBJIGUBQIBIDAUIACAIEGQAQEBIEAIBQCBABFQ5AEAIFEEYQGAQBAQNR6AIDAUAQGAIFAEKB2

Timelines Kindred by Swim

it's super versatile so far, but I really want to play some Shurima stuff.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Leblanc has the perfect stats and keyword to juice up your reputation cards if you're running them too which I think people overlooked.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Anyone toying around with Mono Shurima Nasus? I'm toying around with Nasus/Renekton. They're doing similar enough things to work well together but I'm also terrible at deckbuilding so figuring out what to throw in and with what ratios is a thing.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol, Loaded Dice + Out Of The Way makes you nab 1 whenever you damage the enemy nexus for the rest of the game

Hauki
May 11, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Anyone toying around with Mono Shurima Nasus? I'm toying around with Nasus/Renekton. They're doing similar enough things to work well together but I'm also terrible at deckbuilding so figuring out what to throw in and with what ratios is a thing.

I was messing around with azir/renekton/nasus in sun disc last night to pretty good success, but that’s more of a combo list I guess. Also I haven’t played much in a while so I’m back in like iron or some poo poo after reset.

e: and goddamn, having to sit through all 9 animations in a row if you go off is so obnoxious it’s kinda great

Hauki fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Hauki posted:

I was messing around with azir/renekton/nasus in sun disc last night to pretty good success, but that’s more of a combo list I guess. Also I haven’t played much in a while so I’m back in like iron or some poo poo after reset.

e: and goddamn, having to sit through all 9 animations in a row if you go off is so obnoxious it’s kinda great

Lmao, I saw that, it's literally like 3 minutes long or something. Awesome