Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Rhyno posted:

Took my dad to some exams today, while driving home he basically admitted (under the effects of sedation) that he'd cheated on my mother years ago and now I'm very annoyed with him. They divorced 12 years ago but he was referencing events from 20 years ago.

Ugh.

theres a lot of poo poo that people say under sedation that isn't true, it's not truth serum

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah... not really. It's going that quickly in some places, but the state governments in the GOP-controlled flyovers are dragging their asses like mad, which is going to keep travel unsafe that much longer.

while this is true and very bad for residents of those states, as soon as I'm vaccinated I'm back on the road so I don't give a poo poo about Missouri's vaccine roll out in practical terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh I know the sedatives probably rocked him pretty hard. But I keep thinking about that time in my life and some weird poo poo my mother has said over the years.

Bah. This poo poo is gonna bug me forever.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The difference between a billion dollars and a million dollars is roughly a billion dollars.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Personally I could use a few quadrillion dollars myself.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Rhyno posted:

Oh I know the sedatives probably rocked him pretty hard. But I keep thinking about that time in my life and some weird poo poo my mother has said over the years.

Bah. This poo poo is gonna bug me forever.
Don't.

People gently caress up. Even if he did it and he's otherwise a good man, people gently caress up. You never know the full story of a relationship you are not in, even with parents. Not excusing infidelity, but it happens, literally all the time, and often there are underlying reasons other than a grossly simplified Dad can't keep it in his pants or moms a whore. Doesn't mean they are always good reasons.

There are things to get eaten up over in this world and that ain't one. Especially if it's literally decades ago.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

How stupid would a 2009 Forester X Premium be? New timing belt and valve job (aka someone didn't change the timing belt before it broke :hurr:), low miles for its age (130k, vs Brokeback's 155k), semi-reasonable price. It's pre-CVT, so still the old Jatco 4 speed automatic. It's right in my budget to pay cash, though I'll miss having the heated seats that Brokeback has.

Brokeback is 3.5 wheels into the grave, and really not worth saving at this point. It's heading to the scrapyard once I get something else; I barely trust it to get me to work at this point. I still have the Matrix too, but the LCA bushings are so bad that it's downright scary to drive, and the cheap clutch that the shop put in a couple of years ago is already slipping if you so much as look at the pedal (~15k later :fuckoff:). Probably gonna see if I can get a package deal selling them to Carmax or something just so I don't have to deal with selling them private party.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 3, 2021

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah Rhyno be glad you have a relationship with your dad at least, my dad hauled rear end across the country to be with his new girlfriend when I was 8 years old and we never really had a good relationship after that, then my mom married an abusive rear end in a top hat to replace him. Sounds like you still care about your dad that’s a good thing, let it go.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

STR posted:

though I'll miss having the heated seats that Brokeback has.

Can you swap seats? Heated seats just need +12v, easy peasy.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Not if I want working airbags.

09 would have dual stage airbags and occupancy sensors. Brokeback is old enough that it just fires both airbags if I hit something. Might be able to find higher trim seats at a junkyard, but LKQ here doesn't really carry much in the way of Subaru past about 2005. Pretty sure the mount points would be a bit off too, since Brokeback is based on the Legacy, while the Foz is sorta based on the Impreza. Add in the power seats that Brokeback has and there's suddenly a lot of wiring that needs to be done.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 3, 2021

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Why do you keep buying Subarus instead of reliable cars? Look, here's a corolla for 3,300 https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/austin-2004-toyota-corolla/7282192625.html

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

STR posted:

09 would have dual stage airbags and occupancy sensors. Brokeback is old enough that it just fires both airbags if I hit something. Might be able to find higher trim seats at a junkyard, but LKQ here doesn't really carry much in the way of Subaru past about 2005. Pretty sure the mount points would be a bit off too, since Brokeback is based on the Legacy, while the Foz is sorta based on the Impreza. Add in the power seats that Brokeback has and there's suddenly a lot of wiring that needs to be done.

The other way to go is just get a cheap heated seat kit from Crazy Jeff... again, it's just +12v and a switch. I did that in my wife's old '02-ish Corolla and with the included switch mounted, looked factory.

Edit: And listen to this guy:

builds character posted:

Why do you keep buying Subarus instead of reliable cars? Look, here's a corolla for 3,300 https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/austin-2004-toyota-corolla/7282192625.html

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 3, 2021

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So my kitchen renovation is getting closer to being done, and i just want to say that the amount of electrical outlets required by code is loving ridiculous. I will never use half of them and it looks utterly stupid having that many outlets everywhere. It's my drat house but I don't have a say in how many outlets I can have in it what a crock of poo poo.

[e] Oh and because we had a built in bar made with cabinets to match the kitchen, we now have to have two outlets on a five foot wall instead of one if there was a free standing bar. What the gently caress.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 3, 2021

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

builds character posted:

:what:

This is the only Subaru I've owned. It's been reliable, and since COVID hit, I've been finding a lot of old back dirt roads to pass the time. Sometimes mud roads. Sometimes not really roads at all, I've even crossed streams in it without any issue aside from the coil pack getting pissy about being drowned once. The AWD has saved my rear end plenty with that, and with the last winter storm, I was one of the only people who could get out of my apartment complex (was driving neighbors to the store and back plenty, and was one of only a handful of people who could actually make it to work, out of several hundred employees). Been "camping" a few times in it already, it's pretty comfortable for that with a couple of blankets. It just has enough maintenance debt and ~20 year old car issues in general~ that I don't trust it much anymore.

And I'm not about to go back to crank windows, or drop that much on something that old. I paid $1800 for this, and it's only a year older, has power seats, heated seats, keyless entry, and all the "nice" stuff. It's just beat to poo poo, and needs a bit more work than I'd like to put into it (though if I can't find a car in my price range, I can certainly bring it back up to snuff with a few solid days of wrenching). Only repairs have been a radiator, O2 sensor, and a half shaft. I bought it hoping to get a year out of it, I'm at 1.5 years now.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

So my kitchen renovation is getting closer to being done, and i just want to say that the amount of electrical outlets required by code is loving ridiculous. I will never use half of them and it looks utterly stupid having that many outlets everywhere. It's my drat house but I don't have a say in how many outlets I can have in it what a crock of poo poo.

[e] Oh and because we had a built in bar made with cabinets to match the kitchen, we now have to have two outlets on a five foot wall instead of one if there was a free standing bar. What the gently caress.

At least they'll mostly be on separate circuits, right? Every loving outlet in my kitchen (sans fridge) is on one circuit, and the one GFCI for it trips at random. Generally once or twice a month. This place was built in 1998 - my old apt in a Dallas suburb had dedicated circuits for every kitchen outlet. REAL annoying trying to make toast if the coffee maker is on.... breaker trips as soon as the coffee pot tries to turn the heater back on if the toaster is also on.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 3, 2021

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

What’s your budget STR? I’ve got a 50ish thousand mile 2016 Kia Forte LX 6-speed with new Bridgestone QuietTrack tires and factory cruise control added that I’ll be selling soon.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

STR posted:

At least they'll mostly be on separate circuits, right?

Yeah but they were before when I had half as many outlets. I had four, now I have nine.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

~$5k if I'm doing cash. I'd really rather not finance.

I do like Fortes, really nice cars for the money, but I'd prefer a wagon or :barf: CUV. And my knees aren't really up for a clutch anymore. :smithicide: If I went Kia, it'd likely be a Soul.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 3, 2021

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If you want another wagon then go for it, as long as it's the old 4 speed auto you'll be fine for the most part. Foresters are great wagons.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The 5 speed auto is decent too isn't it? I know the Outbacks and Legacys got those, but I think the Foz stuck with the 4 speed until they went to CVT. The Foz is light enough (compared to an Outback) that it doesn't make a big difference in MPG.

Funny enough, I wound up next to a dealer Subaru tech when I flew out to MS. He told me above all else, avoid a CVT Subaru unless I'm buying new or almost new CPO, and make drat sure to get the 100k warranty. He claimed the latest models are a lot more reliable, but the early ones are lucky to make it to 60k miles (apparently he spends most of his days replacing CVTs... with a side of head gaskets on EJs). They're in-house CVTs instead of Jatco, so Subaru at least has a bit more control over them, but... drat. Said the biggest issue is the chain stretches and starts slipping, but they're not allowed to disassemble or diagnose at all except to slap a new valve body in to see if that fixes the issue (it doesn't most of the time). Told me to stick to the manuals or a 4/5 speed automatic if buying used.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 3, 2021

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

STR posted:

I do like Fortes, really nice cars for the money, but I'd prefer a wagon or :barf: CUV. And my knees aren't really up for a clutch anymore. :smithicide: If I went Kia, it'd likely be a Soul.

Fair nuff! I’ve been super impressed with it for being a cheap car, feels like it’ll be exactly the same in another 100k.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh I dunno about the 5 speed, I thought all the Foresters were 4 speed autos until they went with CVTs

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

They were, it was the Outback and Legacy that got the 5 speed auto. The Foz is considered their low end crossover, pretty sure it's based on the Impreza chassis. Outback is based on the Legacy, which is their higher end car in the US.

I'd prefer an Outback, personally. I really like mine, it's just so beat up that it's hard to justify even changing the oil.

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Fair nuff! I’ve been super impressed with it for being a cheap car, feels like it’ll be exactly the same in another 100k.

Yeah, test drove a 3 or 4 year old Soul with nearly 80k on it before buying the Outback. Felt really solid, drat nice car, drove really nice aside from some nasty blind spots. Really felt and drove like a brand new car, but they wanted loving brand new MSRP for it. And. Would. Not. Budge. Then they tried to sell me on a last-year model Mirage. I couldn't get the fucker to even move on level ground without roasting the clutch; had to wind it up to 4k and slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwly ease the clutch out (one of the only cars where I would ever say AVOID THE 3 PEDAL, GET THE CVT). They wanted $20k for it. :what: It was loving covered in leaves and bird poo poo, and they had to jump it, since it'd been sitting in the back lot for a year or so. :fuckoff: Only 23 miles on it though. Pretty sure the clutch only had about another 23 miles left in it, there was visible smoke from me just trying to get out of the parking lot. I've been driving stick since 1995, it's just such a gutless car that you have to wind it to the moon to keep from stalling.

Did I mention the Soul was 3 or 4 years old (going by model year; build date put it at 4 or 5 years old) with 80k? And that they wanted sticker price for a 2020 for it? :laffo:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 3, 2021

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Had my first real “in-law” experience yesterday. My fiancé’s mom has been coming over to spend more time with her since she doesn’t likely have a lot of time left. I’m posted up on the dining room table for work, which is otherwise completely unused, and on Monday she came over and they both sat at the dining room table for two hours chatting as if I wasn’t sitting right in front of them while trying to work.

Then yesterday she came back over and immediately started grilling us about how we’re handling her finances after she passes, the unanimous decision is that whatever she has left will go to me, and we both decided to just set up a Payable on Death order with her bank. Queue her mom for some reason trying to get us to do anything but that and basically arguing with me about it. Then she moseyed on into my kitchen and made lunch for my fiancé and herself and sat at the table where I’m working again and they both ate lunch in front of me. Thanks for asking if I wanted any!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Yeah but they were before when I had half as many outlets. I had four, now I have nine.

That's two more than I have in my entire apartment. I was doing okay on outlets until I got an aquarium.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

T-Square posted:

Had my first real “in-law” experience yesterday. My fiancé’s mom has been coming over to spend more time with her since she doesn’t likely have a lot of time left. I’m posted up on the dining room table for work, which is otherwise completely unused, and on Monday she came over and they both sat at the dining room table for two hours chatting as if I wasn’t sitting right in front of them while trying to work.

Then yesterday she came back over and immediately started grilling us about how we’re handling her finances after she passes, the unanimous decision is that whatever she has left will go to me, and we both decided to just set up a Payable on Death order with her bank. Queue her mom for some reason trying to get us to do anything but that and basically arguing with me about it. Then she moseyed on into my kitchen and made lunch for my fiancé and herself and sat at the table where I’m working again and they both ate lunch in front of me. Thanks for asking if I wanted any!

although this is obviously annoying, prepping for the death of your child sounds horrific

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Near the end my grandmother got mad at me and my sister one day since she thought we didn't hug my mom enough. Like she literally yelled at us for it in front of my dying mom. She was a totally cool normal grandma except for that day, it was so terrible. I'm not excusing the behavior just saying that it does happen and it sucks all around.

I'm so sorry youre going through all of that T-Square. I lost my best friend/person I wanted to spend my life with a few years ago so my heart breaks for you.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

goatse guy posted:

That's two more than I have in my entire apartment. I was doing okay on outlets until I got an aquarium.

My kitchen now has almost as many outlets as the rest of my entire 1200 sq ft house

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

although this is obviously annoying, prepping for the death of your child sounds horrific

Yes, and after reading that my dumb kitchen first world problems seem completely pointless

Sorry you have to go through that T-Square :(

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Goddamn STR, confirms dealers are dicks. I’m glad I was able to get my Forte for $8150+TTL from a dealer earlier this year. Add tires and tint and I’m still well under 10k. It seems like nobody wants manual transmission sedans these days.

Sorry to hear all that T-Square. Parents shouldn’t have to outlive their kids.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WHen my grandmother was very near the end I was not around as much as I should have been. She'd slid into dementia and it was painful to watch and I'm a coward so I avoided going to mom's house. My mother and sister were there daily and seeing to her needs and comfort. I had visited once and she was dead silent and her eyes unfocused and it crushed me to see her that way so I wasn't keen on seeing her worse off. But I went when we all felt it was imminent and I sat by her bed for a short while. I got up to leave and said "I love you grandma" and I swear to god, her eyes focused and she said "I love you too Rhyno's real name" and then faded back out. My mother and sister were livid that I just waltzed back in at the last second and got a goodbye. She passed three days later I think and they said she didnt say another word. When we have petty fights, I pull the "clearly I was the most loved grandchild" card out. It always makes the fight worse but i'd be lying if I said it wasn't satisfying. Especially if the fight is over the brother I haven't spoken to in 3 years.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sorry T-Square. :glomp:

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Goddamn STR, confirms dealers are dicks. I’m glad I was able to get my Forte for $8150+TTL from a dealer earlier this year. Add tires and tint and I’m still well under 10k. It seems like nobody wants manual transmission sedans these days.

That's about what I'd expect to pay for that car from a reasonable dealer, TBH - maybe even slightly more. Yeah, this dealer is a Mitsubishi lot, the "dealer for the people" and "everybody is approved with as low as 5 cents down!".

Not to name names, but they have a 2018 Mirage with 32k listed for essentially MSRP right now. This Soul is also priced pretty much at what it sold for new. They're insanely aggressive; 4 square papers, try to take your keys away to "value your car" even when you told them you don't plant to trade, the textbook definition of scummy dealer. The mom and pop lot I bought Brokeback from.. the husband used to work at the Mitsu lot, and man, he had some stories about how bad they hosed people over.

I'd buy another car from the mom and pop lot again; they were at least honest about the car having issues, and how long they'd been sitting on it. They had no issue with haggling down.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 3, 2021

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Sorry you're having to go through all this T-Square :glomp:

STR posted:

How stupid would a 2009 Forester X Premium be? New timing belt and valve job (aka someone didn't change the timing belt before it broke :hurr:), low miles for its age (130k, vs Brokeback's 155k), semi-reasonable price. It's pre-CVT, so still the old Jatco 4 speed automatic. It's right in my budget to pay cash, though I'll miss having the heated seats that Brokeback has.
No clue about Foresters or Subaru in general but if you buy it PM me and I'll send you a seated heat cover for all your toasty bum needs. Pretty sure we still have it sitting around somewhere after we sold the wife's tacoma.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Sorry T-Square, that is just gutting

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I'm sorry T-Square.

STR posted:

Not to name names, but they have a 2018 Mirage with 32k listed for essentially MSRP right now

That's in line with what dealers are posting them for around here. A couple of dealerships have a bunch of them and I'm very curious about how this strategy works out for them, because my workplace does not have good luck in selling them.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

That's awful T-Square, I can't even imagine.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

STR posted:

Brokeback is 3.5 wheels into the grave, and really not worth saving at this point. It's heading to the scrapyard once I get something else; I barely trust it to get me to work at this point. I still have the Matrix too, but the LCA bushings are so bad that it's downright scary to drive, and the cheap clutch that the shop put in a couple of years ago is already slipping if you so much as look at the pedal (~15k later :fuckoff:). Probably gonna see if I can get a package deal selling them to Carmax or something just so I don't have to deal with selling them private party.

If you get rid of it, do you think I could buy those HID headlights off of you? Or are they really any better than the halogens?
And it's too bad that lifted Outback that was up here was already sold. That thing was boss.

STR posted:

It's pretty easy to add heated inserts to seats. I'm thinking of doing so on my Crown Vic, since I like them so much in the Scoob.

meatpimp posted:

The other way to go is just get a cheap heated seat kit from Crazy Jeff... again, it's just +12v and a switch. I did that in my wife's old '02-ish Corolla and with the included switch mounted, looked factory.

see?

builds character posted:

But... hatchback. Seriously, they're really useful.

RIP Paul Walker posted:

What’s your budget STR? I’ve got a 50ish thousand mile 2016 Kia Forte LX 6-speed with new Bridgestone QuietTrack tires and factory cruise control added that I’ll be selling soon.

For that matter, I've got a 2008 Kia Spectra5 with ~145K miles that I need to sell, and would be around the same price as that Corolla. Power windows, locks, cruise, keyless (that is admittedly a little spazzy), 5-speed. Runs great, new struts, new front LCAs, newer motor mounts. Konig wheels, good tires, option of the factory wheels if you want. Like all Kias, apparently, will probably need a new clutch in the next 10K miles.

STR posted:

Well, poop. Anyone else want it?
The Soul, incidentally, is what my wife wanted to replace the Spec with, but the deal on the Outback was just too good to pass up. I'd still like to get her one eventually, and probably sell my Vic and keep the Outback. And modify it, of course.

Maksimus54 posted:

Sorry T-Square, that is just gutting

Yeah it is, God drat.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

It's less because of the requirement for actually having that much power or that many outlets available and more because most kitchen appliances only come with 2ft cords and extension cords are very, very often a cause of fires because people are idiots. Idiots that absolutely insist on having the mixer and toaster oven EXACTLY where they want them.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

T-Square posted:

Sorry you're going through this but do you have this stuff in a will for her or in writing at all?
It sounds like the MiL is going to try and make an already terrible situation worse when the time comes.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Good thing I started looking for work because today's email of new jobs includes the same role at my company. A sliver of hope that we procured more work, mostly certain I'm done here soon.

It's the same service and agent that I worked with. I kind of want to call her. I worry that might hasten things and end my ability to milk out a couple more paychecks.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Oof, like you think they're looking for your replacement?

That's a rough way to find out.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Thumposaurus posted:

Sorry you're going through this but do you have this stuff in a will for her or in writing at all?
It sounds like the MiL is going to try and make an already terrible situation worse when the time comes.
Yes, please be sure she has a will done and its all legal and done up with a bow. Make sure her inlaws clearly know her intentions and it's not something to argue about. Your in-laws are almost certainly your fiances next of kin right now unless it is done. You're a smart dude so I suspect you've done this already, but I just hate you having to deal with that on top of everything else when the time comes.

Still open to PM if you want. My wife also lost her sister a few years ago so we have experience with that angle and dealing with folks too.

Since we're venting about folks/inlaws, I have my own experience from yesterday I posted in BFC so I'll just copy it here. Isn't the same league as T-square but it was a :psyduck: nevertheless.

slidebite posted:

e: Deleted due to venting being done

So sure it was someone else loving him over, but it was his issue.

We're going to have our hands full with him/them as he starts to get advanced in his age. Hopefully dementia isn't an imminent worry, but I can't help but wonder if it is already starting a bit.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

STR posted:

:what:

This is the only Subaru I've owned. It's been reliable, and since COVID hit, I've been finding a lot of old back dirt roads to pass the time. Sometimes mud roads. Sometimes not really roads at all, I've even crossed streams in it without any issue aside from the coil pack getting pissy about being drowned once. The AWD has saved my rear end plenty with that, and with the last winter storm, I was one of the only people who could get out of my apartment complex (was driving neighbors to the store and back plenty, and was one of only a handful of people who could actually make it to work, out of several hundred employees). Been "camping" a few times in it already, it's pretty comfortable for that with a couple of blankets. It just has enough maintenance debt and ~20 year old car issues in general~ that I don't trust it much anymore.

And I'm not about to go back to crank windows, or drop that much on something that old. I paid $1800 for this, and it's only a year older, has power seats, heated seats, keyless entry, and all the "nice" stuff. It's just beat to poo poo, and needs a bit more work than I'd like to put into it (though if I can't find a car in my price range, I can certainly bring it back up to snuff with a few solid days of wrenching). Only repairs have been a radiator, O2 sensor, and a half shaft. I bought it hoping to get a year out of it, I'm at 1.5 years now.

At least they'll mostly be on separate circuits, right? Every loving outlet in my kitchen (sans fridge) is on one circuit, and the one GFCI for it trips at random. Generally once or twice a month. This place was built in 1998 - my old apt in a Dallas suburb had dedicated circuits for every kitchen outlet. REAL annoying trying to make toast if the coffee maker is on.... breaker trips as soon as the coffee pot tries to turn the heater back on if the toaster is also on.

Ah, sorry. I thought you'd had them before! OK, but the corolla will actually do all the car stuff without dying? I guess if you want AWD though it won't do that. Seems like just wrenching is better? The devil you know?

T-Square posted:

I'm sorry. I can't imagine how awful that must be.

Darchangel posted:

But... hatchback. Seriously, they're really useful.

I got you. https://austin.craigslist.org/ctd/d/austin-2005-toyota-matrix/7280198364.html

Thumposaurus posted:

Yeah, you need a will.