Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sub Rosa posted:

So three kills?

Bif started as Brute, so one could have been the night vig.

Could be untold redirection going on. Bif's shot could have hit Bif.

This is a good post, immediate analysis and interesting spot on the kill, and good anti-night-action-fuckery, really like Sub Rose just for this one post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

actually, for kill-flavor reasons, i suspect maybe bif killed sandwolf, which... bif why???

they weren't eye to eye on opinions so bif might have suspected sandy, if bif was who killed him

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Well, if Sandwolf led off with his kill, I'd expect it to more likely be "kill" than "given the business."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its also possible sandwolf killed bif and scum killed sandy for throwing a wrench in the bad vote yesterday

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sandwolf didn't kill bif though

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(probably)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

doing a quick reread i dont think sand killed bif.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway, for all intents and purposes grandicap flipped town.

time to look at people defending him near the end (COUGH hal COUGH)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
defending him *inexplicably* i should say

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Steak posted:

sandwolf didn't kill bif though

I think in a game that is all power roles, it is risky to draw any conclusions from night actions, which it sounds like you’re doing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there are definitely more townie abilities that can kill so we shouldn't put these two under a microscope and decide one of them definitely killed the other.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

basically what sci said

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

I think in a game that is all power roles, it is risky to draw any conclusions from night actions, which it sounds like you’re doing

i have reasons to be doing so, and im sure most people in this game have some role secrets they dont want to share.

so thats as much as i'll speculate on the subject

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I am a bit disappointed with my role, it’s nowhere near as cool as any of the flips

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

he was a serial killer but i see what you're getting at in that as far as scum knew he wasnt on there side.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scientastic posted:

I am a bit disappointed with my role, it’s nowhere near as cool as any of the flips

mines great, it comes with free belly rubs

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Not surprised by any of those flips. Well ok Grandicaps flip surprised me but I knew he wasn’t scum

Ok so
Steak town
Cena town

Lets start from there.

We should have lunched siv imo

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JOHN CENA posted:

he was a serial killer but i see what you're getting at in that as far as scum knew he wasnt on there side.

exactly. we should be looking for people who expected to be proven right, but were in fact not using town logic to make their decisions.

wait, was it not hal? im looking for the specific post i mean, which i couldve sworn came from hal.

it was someone giving some excuse for grandicap that didnt sit right with me. one sec....

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

My defense of him being I felt like b- was less engaged and making worse posts than grandi? I was voting grandi for a fair chunk of the day and switched back to him at the end so I guess I’m not getting what you are saying about me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

B- was probably the most vocal about not wanting grandi dead

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

Not surprised by any of those flips. Well ok Grandicaps flip surprised me but I knew he wasn’t scum

inb4 people jump all the way down your gullet for this

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

exactly. we should be looking for people who expected to be proven right, but were in fact not using town logic to make their decisions.

wait, was it not hal? im looking for the specific post i mean, which i couldve sworn came from hal.

it was someone giving some excuse for grandicap that didnt sit right with me. one sec....
i mentioned not liking grandicap but initially thought he was just fatigue posting and not necessarily scummy. his posting near the end flipped me though. i felt uncomfortable how fast the votes tried to flip to siv when momentum dropped from the vote on me

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Scientastic posted:

Lol no kidding, these are wild. I still like my role, but whoa.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I was looking back at some of the Grandi votes, and Steak’s votes and posts really started making think he was scum who “knew” Grandi was town (or rather, not the same alignment as him) so I went back through his posts.

And then I read his “I think I’m town” post

Steak is essentially confirmed town for me

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Mr. Steak posted:

Well since he flipped self aligned, why would defense of him be telling in any one direction?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if steak was scum we would have gotten them yesterday after he bussed them

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

b-minus1 posted:

Ok so
Steak town
Cena town

Lets start from there.

We should have lunched siv imo

So you got a n0 investigation

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Mr. Steak posted:

inb4 people jump all the way down your gullet for this

I mean it does look strange to say he knew grandi wasn't scum given grandi was being weird and didn't exactly seem like town

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Hal Insandenza posted:

My defense of him being I felt like b- was less engaged and making worse posts than grandi? I was voting grandi for a fair chunk of the day and switched back to him at the end so I guess I’m not getting what you are saying about me

Me either lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

id like to continue where i left off yesterday, this shank needs to find a home and ##vote bminus1s rear end is the perfect place for it

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

Well since he flipped self aligned, why would defense of him be telling in any one direction?

Ah, nvm

Scum knowing someone is town.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Did toal visit bif, that's what I want to know

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

voodoo, anything to say?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JOHN CENA posted:

voodoo, anything to say?

omg yes i love posts like this

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Idle Amalgam posted:

Me either lol

yeah i must have misremembered it being hal. i went through all his posts and couldnt find the one im thinking of. i'll try to do a more thorough search for the post im talking about

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

I'd probably vote Cena over Bminus right now. I'll be up front and just accept that I can't read Cena for poo poo, especially early on, so I'm totally null on him. Bminus looks like he has a case he believes in on Cena. I'm not sure what it is on Jose but again this doesn't feel out of the ordinary from my experience with him.

Probably vote Grand over both at the moment but I still haven't reread grand or bif or toalp yet.
why does "He has a case he looks like he believes in" make you back someone more than someone you have difficulty reading? that feels like a really bad reason to boost someone over someone you admit having difficulty reading. this looks like real bad opportunistic fence sitting and the laziest reasoning to pepper someone elses (bad) case. this is garbage man

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

voodoos also just obsessed with siv but doesnt rly present a case for it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Idle Amalgam posted:

Did toal visit bif, that's what I want to know

I investigated bif for sure, and at least I know I am sane.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Toalpaz posted:

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Toalpaz posted:

How do you know you're not naive or random? (Obvs don't answer, but one investigation doesn't give sanity, if you're concerned about that.