Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Oh now I remember who Sean Burke is, he was the vaunted "Goalie Whisperer" that unfucked Dubnyk when he was with the yotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

If folks don't know, Prashanth and the Red Wings subreddit put out a call for $40 donations to the Jamie Daniels Foundation after their 0-for-40 PP drought ended, and last them I check they had totaled around $15,000.

Dude is a machine, he does all this number-crunching and hosts the Wings' Athletic podcast while being a fuckin doctor

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

yellowcar posted:

Oh now I remember who Sean Burke is, he was the vaunted "Goalie Whisperer" that unfucked Dubnyk when he was with the yotes

Dubnyk was only in Arizona for half a season. I’m not sure he was a goalie whisperer, but he certainly did not harm anything for that half season Dubs was there. He did some really good work with Bob Mason in MN too. I’d write off his numbers last season. His wife had some bad health issues that just showed up from nowhere and really put him off for a while. She’s supposedly doing better, so I hope he can regain his form in SJ (just not against the Wild).

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

DOOMocrat posted:

Moneypuck at 25% to post season, Hockeyviz has them tied with Chicago, and Dom's meme stats for bored readers has them at... 65%?

Lose one (or both) to CBJ this week and I think 25% is probably a fair estimation.

https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/1367210095269052421

The Stars having the 4th highest chances in the Central but only having a 39% chance of making it despite 4 teams having to make the playoffs is pretty funny in my opinion.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Yeah but they've gotta be at least .500 in moral victories in those games though

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Moral victories are the best kind because they feel good and don't tank your draft odds.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

fisting by many posted:

Moral victories are the best kind because they feel good and don't tank your draft odds.

Moral victories are the worst because they (apparently) keep your useless fat-brained -everythinged GM in his job.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

tinstaach posted:

If folks don't know, Prashanth and the Red Wings subreddit put out a call for $40 donations to the Jamie Daniels Foundation after their 0-for-40 PP drought ended, and last them I check they had totaled around $15,000.

Dude is a machine, he does all this number-crunching and hosts the Wings' Athletic podcast while being a fuckin doctor

Haha what? Jesus when does he sleep?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

fisting by many posted:

I can’t wait for them to win the Moral Stanley Cup.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jhet posted:

I can’t wait for them to win the Moral Stanley Cup.

Canucks fans forever relinquished our rights to that trophy when we rioted multiple times after losing the actual Stanley Cup. We're the cup winners of losing.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

tinstaach posted:

Holy poo poo :stare:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Let's see how PA's loosened restritcions are going

https://twitter.com/TaylorHaasePGH/status/1367275372212027394?s=19

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1367177604680331266

So either the Oilers are winning 7-2 or they're getting shutout by a 3rd different goalie 5-0 tonight.

Well then.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I'm so loving mad at Peter Chiarelli right now. I would fight him if I saw him.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Man it really sucks to have to play the best team in hockey 3 games in a row!!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The divisions may make the standings funky but it's still Tampa by a mile

e: Oh that's who you meant. I thought you were an oilers fan talking about the leafs

yeah that's gonna be a grinder

e:e: Oh wait I think you did mean the oilers

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 4, 2021

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

On behalf of LAF we’re okay with it

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Yeah, it seriously did a number on the Canes' streak.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
keefe is a good coach

I really like tj brodie

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Wings may have signed a Nazi goalie, always a problem, never a good thing.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/1367328011935240196

Dave Tippett is not a good coach if he refuses to make adjustments (and not make bad line-up decisions) to try and avoid having this happen.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Kilza posted:

Dave Tippett is not a good coach if he refuses to make adjustments (and not make bad line-up decisions) to try and avoid having this happen.

Don't worry Oilers fans, it's not like they'll have to play and beat the same team multiple times in the playoffs.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kilza posted:

Dave Tippett is a good coach what the hell is this nonsense.

The roster isn't great!

Tippett was double shifting McDavid to try and get him away from Brodie and Kerfoot, swapping wingers, swapping D-Pairings.

Like what else is there when your best options are to insert Kyle Turris or James Neal????

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The divisions may make the standings funky but it's still Tampa by a mile

e: Oh that's who you meant. I thought you were an oilers fan talking about the leafs

yeah that's gonna be a grinder

e:e: Oh wait I think you did mean the oilers

hahah ya, it was :thejoke:

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

Don't worry Oilers fans, it's not like they'll have to play and beat the same team multiple times in the playoffs.

On the bright side, getting hammered 5-1-1 in 7 games means there's only 2 left!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I kind of wonder if Derek Stepan's surgery actually has a really long recovery time like Ottawa says, or if it's just a backroom "get yourself fixed, then go home for 'rest and training' until poo poo gets sorted out." Dude already wanted to leave, can you really blame even Ottawa for just letting him opt out of the season a bit later to be with his family instead of weird covid hockey hellworld?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Dave Tippett is a good coach what the hell is this nonsense.

The roster isn't great!

Tippett was double shifting McDavid to try and get him away from Brodie and Kerfoot, swapping wingers, swapping D-Pairings.

Like what else is there when your best options are to insert Kyle Turris or James Neal????

If you think Tippett is blameless for the Oilers only being able to score 1 goal in a 3 game series against the Leafs despite having two of the best players in the league, then one of those best players tells the media "they had us figured out pretty good" (which means they failed to adjust their systems to counter the way the Leafs were defending them, which was very obvious tonight), then I don't know what to tell you that'd change your blind loyalty :shrug:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Well I enjoyed their efforts.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m starting to believe in Vitek Vanacek. Looked real good last night against a good team.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

With little else to root for this season, I thoroughly enjoyed watching McDavid and the Oilers get humbled by the Leafs this week. Thank you Leafs.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kilza posted:

If you think Tippett is blameless for the Oilers only being able to score 1 goal in a 3 game series against the Leafs despite having two of the best players in the league, then one of those best players tells the media "they had us figured out pretty good" (which means they failed to adjust their systems to counter the way the Leafs were defending them, which was very obvious tonight), then I don't know what to tell you that'd change your blind loyalty :shrug:

Its not a playoff series, its 3 games mid way through a mostly successful season where their xgf% is over 50% and their PP is outscoring their PK.

Yes it sucks to lose those 3 that way, but its not a playoff series, and the roster stinks. What exactly do you think they should do beyond what Tippett was doing? You can't just say "change the system" cause that means sweet gently caress all.

The Oilers aren't winning the cup this year, its a season to grow a bunch of the young guys (JP, Kailer, Jones, Bear, Bouchard, Nurse somewhat) and see where they fit for the next few years. Its too bad they can't use the minors for recalls cause we could also have McLeod and Benson up to see if they can stick, maybe Holloway as well. They have cap space this summer and hopefully the window truly opens next season when the wingers can actually finally hopefully be filled in properly. Chiarelli salted the fuckin earth, this season and last have been good in spite of all the damage that was done prior to last season. If you can't see that as Tippett being a good coach, I'm not sure what someone can say about it.

Its not blind loyalty, its realizing the Oilers situation for what it is.

Essentially:

https://twitter.com/Woodguy55/status/1367305885110865922

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 4, 2021

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Its not blind loyalty, its realizing the Oilers situation for what it is.

https://twitter.com/nazzykadri/status/1367286675328688128?s=19

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Yes but Jim Benning

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

He's no Stretchnikov.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I pulled my groin just thinking about doing that little maneuver.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

xzzy posted:

I pulled my groin just thinking about doing that little maneuver.

I know we're not supposed to kinkshame but...

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Leafs looking good. Thankfully they're not in a division where they would have to play against such titans as San Jose and Anaheim

https://twitter.com/pardonmylord/status/1367338364601565184?s=19

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

KJR-AM 950 will be the flagship radio station for the Seattle Kraken

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Real_RobRossi/status/1367499705744244737

penguins by 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Ovechkin spearing Frederic owned really hard.