Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
She put in her time in the bullshit mines and now it's time to make bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

what the gently caress is a managing director

senior logcutting lumberjack

vice shelfstocking merchandiser

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

alarumklok posted:

WorkerThread posted:

staring at "helped restore the DNC's brand" like it's some kind of alien hieroglyphics

I swear, the world these people live in is absolutely alien to me.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
The moment you step back from the political theater that is USPOL, it becomes incomprehensible. It's like watching people argue over whether a cardboard box or a broken iphone loves us more. Meanwhile, people are being beaten in the streets for having the audacity to demand they shouldn't be beaten in the streets.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Operator, can you help me place this call?
See, the number on this matchbook is old and faded
He's living in LA, he does a live show every day
Guy, I said I knew well and sometimes hated

Isn't that the way they say it goes?
But let's forget all that
And give me the number if you can find it
So I can call just to tell him I'm fine and to show

I've finally cracked and pinged

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1367542835147333638

That's about the same percentage that were able to keep their doctor after ACA became law, but they're sure that people will be understanding this time!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Weltlich posted:

The moment you step back from the political theater that is USPOL, it becomes incomprehensible. It's like watching people argue over whether a cardboard box or a broken iphone loves us more. Meanwhile, people are being beaten in the streets for having the audacity to demand they shouldn't be beaten in the streets.

All "progressive" spaces where people want better things in the abstract but have no supporting ideological framework that forces them to happen and are too bound in their material self-interest to consider better things more important than their current comfort serve the purpose of comfort. It's a weighted blanket.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

galenanorth posted:

That's about the same percentage that were able to keep their doctor after ACA became law, but they're sure that people will be understanding this time!

so wait is 1400 plus 600 part of the same check or not anymore! this is confusing!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

galenanorth posted:

Look we know we lied about the piss being rain but it's only a little bit of piss and the piss is only hitting some people whose opinion we don't think matters so no one will mind

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

a Loving Dog posted:

so wait is 1400 plus 600 part of the same check or not anymore! this is confusing!

get a load of thos guy that doesnt know math

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Atrocious Joe posted:

The Democrats are literally just a corporate PR machine
https://twitter.com/BPIMedia/status/1367468278067691520?s=20

Imagine thinking the DNC has a good brand..............

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

a Loving Dog posted:

i like that the thread discussing this was quietly locked because dems unequivocally lied

if some people got $600 but don't get $1400, then how was it $2000????

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

Here's another person who works for the same agency. I think I've got a Dark Souls Curse-style status effect on from looking at this, my life is halved

https://twitter.com/PAniskoff/status/993204349634596864?s=20

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Atrocious Joe posted:

Sure is a lot of words for someone who sits at a desk all day

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Atrocious Joe posted:

The purpose of the modern DNC is for people like this woman to be able to have $175k jobs.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Here's who needs "purpose-driven corporate reputation programs"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

christ are the dems gonna do anything fuckin worthwhile? Its like a fuckin joke, they keep loving up over and over and over. Its like theyre doing it on purpose and have absolutely no desire to improve the lives of anyone thats not lining their own pockets

The dems in power are constantly screaming about exactly who they are and who they actually care for, but there are millions of assholes that tell me the dems are on my side and I just need to be patient. gently caress you, I can clearly see the level of contempt this party has for me and everyone else not them or in their club. Its blisteringly obvious what they want to do but apparently Im just not smart enough to understand politics and im just a dipshit doomer

goddamniut why do I even pay attention to this poo poo, Im just giving myself ulcers

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

galenanorth posted:

wait i though $1,400 == $2,000 but now they've dropped the whole $2,000 framing

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

wait i though $1,400 == $2,000 but now they've dropped the whole $2,000 framing

thats what i'm saying! im getting whiplash

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Imagine thinking a director at Uber's brand management firm is on the side of anyone other than billionaire fucks

Imagine thinking a director at Fuckerberg's brand management firm is on the side of anyone other than billionaire fucks

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

mcmagic posted:

The purpose of the modern DNC is for people like this woman to be able to have $175k jobs.

the soviet union prized leaders being scientists and engineers. we prize these loving assholes but we won that war purely off these assholes making excuses for brutal genocides across the world to ensure that enlightened liberal capitalism takes over and makes us free to consoooom

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

Grey Fox's original point was that if the educational system actually fulfilled its nominal purpose (educating people as efficiently as possible across the board regardless of generational wealth) it would no longer fulfill this unstated immoral one, which is why it will never be fully reformed
yeah pretty much

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

christ are the dems gonna do anything fuckin worthwhile? Its like a fuckin joke, they keep loving up over and over and over. Its like theyre doing it on purpose and have absolutely no desire to improve the lives of anyone thats not lining their own pockets

The dems in power are constantly screaming about exactly who they are and who they actually care for, but there are millions of assholes that tell me the dems are on my side and I just need to be patient. gently caress you, I can clearly see the level of contempt this party has for me and everyone else not them or in their club. Its blisteringly obvious what they want to do but apparently Im just not smart enough to understand politics and im just a dipshit doomer

goddamniut why do I even pay attention to this poo poo, Im just giving myself ulcers

It's almost exactly like they're a bunch of loving psychopathic losers who are holding their voters hostage because there are no other options for people and they will destroy any options like they destroyed bernie.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

PBS and McDonalds. Satire is dead.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Joe Manchin walks into the room: Hey, Dems, stick your dick into the dick smashing machine, or else I won't vote for your bill.

Dems: lol OK.

Jokes on you they love it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cpt_Obvious posted:

your living it

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
drat, are they starting to fully distance themselves from the $2000 number? I was hoping to get "Trump-Biden $2000 checks" trending

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

The Oldest Man posted:

this is the most antisemitic thing I've seen all day

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Uber and Human Rights Campaign are like right next to each other lmao

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
The accelerationists were right, Trump is the only thing that could make liberals/the "left" in America see how broken poo poo is and even try to confront the fact that our system is bad, and of course most people instead of taking the correct lesson of "tear it down" away from it, want to just prop up the existing one by making the bad man go away

Trump gave me $1800, what the gently caress are the Democrats offering

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Shipon posted:

The accelerationists were right, Trump is the only thing that could make liberals/the "left" in America see how broken poo poo is and even try to confront the fact that our system is bad, and of course most people instead of taking the correct lesson of "tear it down" away from it, want to just prop up the existing one by making the bad man go away

Doesn't Biden winning the primary over Bernie completely go against what you're saying here? Why would that have worked after 8 years but not 4?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Doesn't Biden winning the primary over Bernie completely go against what you're saying here? Why would that have worked after 8 years but not 4?

I don't see how Biden winning contradicts that point, people were uncomfortable with the truth and just wanted Biden in there to feel good again instead of doing the more difficult work of thinking of a new way of doing things.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Shipon posted:

they got rid of the bad orange man that gave you money. Now theyre tired from working so hard trying to get more of their ilk cushy govt jobs while the rest of america burns. Pls give them time, they will eventually get cushy jobs for their friends and all will be right in the world

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

remember they changed the name of the Democratic Party to “DNC Services Corp” for a reason lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Shipon posted:

I don't see how Biden winning contradicts that point, people were uncomfortable with the truth and just wanted Biden in there to feel good again instead of doing the more difficult work of thinking of a new way of doing things.

People just wanted to get rid of Trump and didn't care what Biden was actually going to do. I think seeing a corporate dem like Biden fail is more likely to radicalize D voters than another republican. (Though Obama's failures didn't radicalize most D's either)

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

alarumklok posted:

Managing Director is the middlest of middle manager roles

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

mcmagic posted:

People just wanted to get rid of Trump and didn't care what Biden was actually going to do. I think seeing a corporate dem like Biden fail is more likely to radicalize D voters than another republican. (Though Obama's failures didn't radicalize most D's either)

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Damning by faint praise here but Trump did more for the left in America than decades of liberalism did. It wasn't enough but think about Obama and what his failures gave us. The only "left wing" movement to really rise up during Obama's years was Occupy and that was quickly seized onto by progressive stack identitarian bullshit.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Joe Manchins daughter is a mass murderer, if I were president I would simply imprison her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
look at all the numerous, absolute failures in just the first month or so of his presidency. I've seen maybe a tiny handful of liberals go "hmm this doesn't line up with my expectations of reality, maybe I should reconsider how I feel about Biden and the Dems." The vast vast majority are scraping together any possible excuse they can, no matter how unmoored from reality, no matter how easily and quickly falsifiable it is (look at how many people are adamantly defending the 1400+600 bullshit).

Liberals' egos are tied into their perception of themselves as the smart ones, the ones who see reality for what it is, and cannot brook any information that threatens this, so that information must be beaten into submission and forced into whatever insane bugfuck 11d chess they can come up with to explain why Biden is creating more kid cages, etc. And anything they can't explain away gets outright ignored.