Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What podcasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Probably "A More Civilized Age" which is a recap and discussion of "The Clone Wars" https://amorecivilizedage.net/

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

FirstAidKite posted:

I need to use the bathroom.

\________________________________

THAT is Joe, the bathroom attendant

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

that's a good choice! austin & co are good pod people.

(i was dissatisfied with the latest season of fatt, but that's probably on me? idk folks seem happy with it; certainly counter/weight was strong enough that i'll cut 'em some slack)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

dreamless posted:

that's a good choice! austin & co are good pod people.

(i was dissatisfied with the latest season of fatt, but that's probably on me? idk folks seem happy with it; certainly counter/weight was strong enough that i'll cut 'em some slack)

Funny, I hadn't ever gotten into any of the previous seasons but hearing this intro has me sorely tempted to give it a shot finally

https://twitter.com/Friends_Table/status/1367654927682703360

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

oh poo poo evil trains i am 100% down for this

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

So this season is a DnD session set in the Metal Gear Survive universe huh.......

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

when are you going to fix the glaring omission in the poll?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The NPCs in FF7R are like from a different planet from the main cast.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

dreamless posted:

oh poo poo evil trains i am 100% down for this

can I interest you in a little game called The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

can I interest you in a little game called Final Fantasy VI?

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

already suplexed! i have to confess i don't remember how evil the train in viii was, i think it was eviler than vii but less evil than vi.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Interesting, you think what has been suplexed can't be suplexed again

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

the mythical duplex

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
As someone from the USA I recognize that all trains are evil

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rinkles posted:

The NPCs in FF7R are like from a different planet from the main cast.

I'm already tired of the one guy in the slums who says "that sword is massive" every time I walk by

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

haveblue posted:

I'm already tired of the one guy in the slums who says "that sword is massive" every time I walk by

He's hitting on you, op

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

final warchasy vii

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
you fight the train from VI in XIV, too

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

you fight the train from VI in XIV, too

How do you know it's the same train and not another train also named Doomtrain?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well gently caress me, lost my evening to Hades, turns out it’s good, weird

Two quick Qs:
Can you backstab the hydra?
Do Attack and Special bonuses also apply to Dash-Attacks and Dash-Specials?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

because it's part of a raid sequence where you fight four FFVI bosses: Doomtrain, Chadarnook, Guardian, and Kefka

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i tried to play dark souls 2 coop with my friends but the game decided that no i don't get to coop

i can see peoples messages and bloodstains and ghosts but no summon signs

so now im too depressed to do anything at all

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The in-universe justification is that they're stories in the game world who have been brought to life for you to fight. They also did it with FF5 bosses

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rarity posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssi3Eik6WQk

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also the train in FF6 is Phantom Train, Doomtrain is a different one that is a "GF" in FF8 :eng101:

Fan theories point to Doomtrain being the GF that Selphie found in the woods as a kid, which is why she has had a lifelong love of trains

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

Well gently caress me, lost my evening to Hades, turns out it’s good, weird

Two quick Qs:
Can you backstab the hydra?
Do Attack and Special bonuses also apply to Dash-Attacks and Dash-Specials?

1. I don't think so? Maybe it's possible, positioning-wise you almost never get an opportunity but maybe you can pull off a reach-around with the shield which works on tons of enemies for backstabs so long as you're close to the side

2. Yes

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

dreamless posted:

already suplexed! i have to confess i don't remember how evil the train in viii was, i think it was eviler than vii but less evil than vi.

The train in VI was basically a boatman of Styx / a Psychopomp (if you're familiar with that word) so I wouldn't call it evil at all!

It was ridden by some spooky ghosts and other evil spirits, but it also had Cyan's family, who were definitely 100% good people bound for the afterlife.

So the train is just a necessary element of their religion / world.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kerrzhe posted:

i tried to play dark souls 2 coop with my friends but the game decided that no i don't get to coop

i can see peoples messages and bloodstains and ghosts but no summon signs

so now im too depressed to do anything at all

Are you using the name-ring?

If you wanna co-op with friends you 100% need to save up souls and buy the name-ring IMMIDEATLY it makes it so much easier.

Its nice they made that a base mechanic in DS3 so you don't have to buy it and don't need to waste a ring slot on it.
(Although in 2 you can swap the ring once you've summoned/been summoned)

https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Name-engraved+Ring the cat sells it. It basically lets you set a co-op password.

And as always check that you're human/embered if you're summoning.

My biggest criticism of the Souls series, as a massive fan (I legit think DS1 is my favorite game of all time) I think the co-op functionality sucks balls and needs an overhaul.

Its a game meant to be played with random people like Journey and explicitly not your friends, and that's dumb because souls co-op with friends is EXTREMELY good. And they realized this and slowly conceded to it, hence the ring in 2, hence the built-in password in 3, but its still a lot of busy work to re-ember and re-summon on every death. There needs to be a "party" system in Souls. Just re-summon on death, even if it costs a humanity just give me a prompt to spend the humanity and re-summon automatically so you don't waste time looking for signs!

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Mar 5, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is there a 4 archfiends raid in ff14?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Everyone is speculating that is going to be the 6.x series of Trials (after the release of the next expansion) because of the heavy FF4 allusions

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Good.

The fight against the 4 elemental archfiends one after another is hype af.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtzuCU1n2T0

I love Rubicante so much, totally steals every scene he's in.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Are you using the name-ring?

If you wanna co-op with friends you 100% need to save up souls and buy the name-ring IMMIDEATLY it makes it so much easier.

Its nice they made that a base mechanic in DS3 so you don't have to buy it and don't need to waste a ring slot on it.
(Although in 2 you can swap the ring once you've summoned/been summoned)

https://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Name-engraved+Ring the cat sells it. It basically lets you set a co-op password.

And as always check that you're human/embered if you're summoning.

My biggest criticism of the Souls series, as a massive fan (I legit think DS1 is my favorite game of all time) I think the co-op functionality sucks balls and needs an overhaul.

Its a game meant to be played with random people like Journey and explicitly not your friends, and that's dumb because souls co-op with friends is EXTREMELY good. And they realized this and slowly conceded to it, hence the ring in 2, hence the built-in password in 3, but its still a lot of busy work to re-ember and re-summon on every death. There needs to be a "party" system in Souls. Just re-summon on death, even if it costs a humanity just give me a prompt to spend the humanity and re-summon automatically so you don't waste time looking for signs!

yeah i had the name ring. i was human. i never saw a single sign before or after putting the ring on, we tried some command line networking stuff but that didn't work either. tried to use the bone of order and it wouldn't let me so i'm not soft banned for no reason. just... fake-soft-banned for no reason.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

yeah i had the name ring. i was human. i never saw a single sign before or after putting the ring on, we tried some command line networking stuff but that didn't work either. tried to use the bone of order and it wouldn't let me so i'm not soft banned for no reason. just... fake-soft-banned for no reason.

That really sucks :( hopefully next time it'll clear itself up?

I remember DS1 (before remastered) had a tool that let you see your network connections and force your friends into your network pool, but I don't think such a thing exists for DS2 (much less scholar of the first sin)

Its wild to me thinking about how long ago DS2 came out much less scholar. I played that game so much, even the original release and then a few times again after scholar. It gets a bad rap after DS1 and I do like DS1 more but I also really like DS2. Some great stuff in that game for sure.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tonight I am playing more Dark Souls and hopefully will get to Lost Izalith and see why Cheetah went :eyepop: when I mistakenly called it the most gorgeous place in the game. (I was in Demon Ruins and bright rich lava is my friend).

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Ok I love how dumb Tidus seems

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

bovis posted:

He's the ultimate himbo.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

And I can understand wanting to make FF X so linear actually since maybe they wanted a more cinematic experience since they could with the more powerful PS2 compared to the PS1

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Tonight I am playing more Dark Souls and hopefully will get to Lost Izalith and see why Cheetah went :eyepop: when I mistakenly called it the most gorgeous place in the game. (I was in Demon Ruins and bright rich lava is my friend).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bovis posted:

He's like if David Beckham was a JRPG hero