Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

Straight White Shark posted:

The entirety of PFSC exists on a sliding scale between being a creative outlet to cope with depression and being an uncomfortably personal window into someone's raw depression and it's not always easy to tell from the outside where exactly it crosses from one to the other.
which is why it's great art!

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
i'm not disagreeing with anyone in this thread. mental illness is a horrible thing, the affective disorders can ruin a person's life and destroy their chances of reaching their potential in many spheres - there are many facets to a human existence, and artistic excellence (which jc achieved imo) is only one of them. but i also can't deny that some of the best art of our species comes from life-destroying mental health crises, and always has.

think of my friend leonard cohen. it's kind of like saying that new skin for the old ceremony is high art, because he was doing okay psychologically when he made it, but songs of love and hate is a window onto somebody's breakdown and needs to be treated not as art, but as something tragic and awful and traumatic - because that's what it is to its creator. but both are genius albums, both are art. lc could never bring himself to listen to songs of love and hate; jc probably never will be able to bring themselves to read pictures for sad children. but it's all still art.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Somehow, I've been doing this for exactly one year to the day.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

At this rate it's going to take you decades to have all your characters lose limbs!

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

O: congratulations!!

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

What the heck, in Back, how did I never notice Queenie's resemblance to the Flatwoods Monster until just now? It seems pretty clear in retrospect!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
am I crazy or has oglaf had a ssssertain theme lately

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mazerunner posted:

It's usually themed around ssssssex, yes.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

They should have focused on Rabbit titties instead, given the apoplexy over the Lola Bunny design.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I see the Oglaf author has finaly figured out a way to get around being banned from the google search results. Good for him. (the first return is a twitter post that links to the comic!)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

habeasdorkus posted:

They should have focused on Rabbit titties instead, given the apoplexy over the Lola Bunny design.

You can never tell where the furry whims lead

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

All Night Laundry has finally come to its end!

It's been quite a journey. I really enjoyed this story and I heartily recommend it to anyone that hasn't checked it out yet.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Mazerunner posted:

https://twitter.com/Oglaf/status/1358374002612260864

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Meanwhile in QC, Clinton now faces the greatest possible threat to his eventually kissing Elliott.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rand Brittain posted:

Meanwhile in QC, Clinton now faces the greatest possible threat to his eventually kissing Elliott.
It's genetic.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

Yeah, that turn cracked me up. Aurelia Augustus, do not Mrs. Robinson your son's potential boyfriend.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I feel like David Willis is at his best when he's writing stories about things he knows and has personal experience with and he's at his worst when he's trying to write complex drama or action, and oh man is he doing something he knows right now.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SlothfulCobra posted:

I feel like David Willis is at his best when he's writing stories about things he knows and has personal experience with and he's at his worst when he's trying to write complex drama or action, and oh man is he doing something he knows right now.

I don't read DOA so I'm just going to assume it's a passionate expounding on the merits of Beast Wars.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can't be, the Transformers thread has been on a Beast Wars kick for the last month or so (it's the 25th anniversary, gently caress) and nobody's said word one about Walky

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Phy posted:

it's the 25th anniversary
:negative:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Take my hand as we descend into the abyss

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Trying to track down a webcomic if anyone can help. Read it about a year ago, book marked it to come back to, and somehow subsequently lost it.

SciFi plot. Earth explorer ship on the edge of human space accidentally wanders into the middle of a space battle between vaguely Elven expy aliens and (I think it was) Lizard (might have been bug) themed ones. Their ship gets destroyed and the only survivor is a young human ensign, who is taken on board the not-Elf ship and has to survive this war while acting as a first contact pseudo-ambassador.

Thanks if you can help.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Deptfordx posted:

Trying to track down a webcomic if anyone can help. Read it about a year ago, book marked it to come back to, and somehow subsequently lost it.

SciFi plot. Earth explorer ship on the edge of human space accidentally wanders into the middle of a space battle between vaguely Elven expy aliens and (I think it was) Lizard (might have been bug) themed ones. Their ship gets destroyed and the only survivor is a young human ensign, who is taken on board the not-Elf ship and has to survive this war while acting as a first contact pseudo-ambassador.

Thanks if you can help.

You're looking for Outsider, I believe. https://well-of-souls.com/outsider/index.html

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

That was it!

Thanks

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Deptfordx posted:

That was it!

Thanks

It's a fun little comic that doesn't update nearly as often as I'd like (or as the author does, I'm sure).

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

The space elves aren't just any space elves. They're very clearly Elerians from Master of Orion 2. One of them even even looks just like the soldier who tells you about technologies you captured.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Dawgstar posted:

It's a fun little comic that doesn't update nearly as often as I'd like (or as the author does, I'm sure).

Same person is behind the game Stars in Shadow. No surprise that it is a heavily MOO2 inspired game. Open question as to whether I want the game or comic to update more. :)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Dawgstar posted:

Just burned through it, seems interesting! Shame that it apparently updates so slowly.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Outsider is genuinely amazing. It's been going since 2002, and has averaged an update of once every 34 days. I don't think there's anything else like it.

Patrick Spens fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 14, 2021

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Echoing the love for Outsider, I'm just glad it's actually still ongoing, since until the start of the month it hadn't updated since October last year.

Lately I've been going to Webtoons for my webcomics needs, any recommendations for series outside the bigger more famous ones? My current favorite is Cursed Princess Club, along with Love Advice From the Great Duke of Hell.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
At risk of dating myself I remember reading the first few pages of Outsider in High School.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

A blue space women harem comic? Someone let William Shatner know about this one.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Isn't that just Casiopiea Quinn tho?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ConanThe3rd posted:

Isn't that just Casiopiea Quinn tho?

Not really. Outsider goes for serious, Quinn is much more jokey. Outsider's not really a harem thing (we'll leave a 'yet' to cover our bets) and the two main relationships in Quinn are the main character and her robot/cyborg(?) sidekick and a cyborg racer and her mechanic girlfriend.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Cassie Quinn is weird because it started as a blatant cheesecake comic but they've almost entirely dropped that and morphed into an actually pretty decent sci-fi opera type thing

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I read a chapter or two of that and dropped it because Cassie seemed to have a "boring invincible hero" thing going on (as in she easily defeated her opponents without ever seeming to be challenged).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I read a chapter or two of that and dropped it because Cassie seemed to have a "boring invincible hero" thing going on (as in she easily defeated her opponents without ever seeming to be challenged).

That's... kinda still true? She's still a hyper-competent thief with a heart of gold but things aren't quite as easy for her as they used to be. The comic's also focusing heavy on the (ex-)captain sent to bring her in.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
you know a comic I'm surprised no one's ever brought up here? Softies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Machado de Assis posted:

Echoing the love for Outsider, I'm just glad it's actually still ongoing, since until the start of the month it hadn't updated since October last year.

Lately I've been going to Webtoons for my webcomics needs, any recommendations for series outside the bigger more famous ones? My current favorite is Cursed Princess Club, along with Love Advice From the Great Duke of Hell.

Are you only looking for light-hearted with occasional swerves to serious?