Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

For me, I think the ending would have been far more effective if we just didn't have that conversation between Wanda and Monica. Keep it to the cold stares of everyone, and Wanda leaves. Who's going to stop her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Barreft posted:

She's clearly not the victim, but she's going to continue thinking that she is as she gets more powerful and crazy reading that book. Agatha warned her she'd cause the apocalypse.

Big problem is the timing, wasn't this supposed to come out like a year ago and just lead right into Strange 2? Now we're gonna have a year of speculation. I like this for the content, I don't have twitter or facebook so it's fun to watch the fallout from afar.

There was always meant to be a gap. Strange 2 was originally supposed to come out this May but is now March 2022, WandaVision was originally slated for last summer. We're getting basically the same gap we were always going to have. Hell, Cumberbatch apparently has scenes in the new Spider-Man as well.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

What's your favourite disproven fan theory about wandavision?

Mine is Emma caulfield being a secret magic character because of the flowers outside her house and the registration of an "arcana" trademark that turns out to not be done by Disney

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

She was Emma Frost in disguise

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Harlock posted:

She was Emma Frost in disguise

Emma Caulfield-Ford's Dottie turning becoming Emma Frost would rock hard. drat you for making me want that now.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Dick Van Dyke was the scene partner Paul Bettany was excited to work with, because The Dick Van Dyke Show was Wanda's favorite

E: relevant
https://twitter.com/steve_asbell/status/1368000652610310144?s=20

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Mine is Emma caulfield being a secret magic character because of the flowers outside her house and the registration of an "arcana" trademark that turns out to not be done by Disney

Definitely the yellow flowers around her house, yeah

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Barry Convex posted:

as someone who has been spending too much time on certain spoilery corners of the Internet for the past few weeks, I can say that Marvel Studios and Disney did a very good job of keeping the finale under wraps. I don't think I saw a single set of "spoilers" for the finale that was accurate, and a lot of the insider/leaker types who have accurately leaked some things in the past took some pretty big L's by confidently predicting things that didn't turn out to happen (Nightmare being revealed as the bigger bad behind Agatha, "Pietro" being confirmed as the Fox Quicksilver, the twins aging up, Doctor Strange cameo)

Marvel definitely sent out fake leaks to catch people, because there are leakers with hard evidence (scripts, video, storyboards) that got earlier episodes completely correct and then completely wiffed on the last episode in various different ways.

Woden
May 6, 2006

That it was going to be good.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I'm surprised White Vision wasn't more at the front of mind when I gave my initial reaction to this episode, probably because the show forgets about him after he disappears halfway through the episode, but I really do not like that he survived. The entire point of Wanda's character arc for this series has been coming to terms with Vision's death and moving on, so it hugely undermines that to have his original body still walking around with his memories intact.

Gaz-L posted:

There was always meant to be a gap. Strange 2 was originally supposed to come out this May but is now March 2022, WandaVision was originally slated for last summer. We're getting basically the same gap we were always going to have. Hell, Cumberbatch apparently has scenes in the new Spider-Man as well.

afaik, WV was never dated for summer of last year, that was FATWS. the last two dates WV had pre-COVID were late 2020, and then sometime in early 2021 before that; either way, the final episode would have aired a lot closer to Doctor Strange 2's pre-COVID date of May 2021 than the year-long gap we're getting in reality

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It was meh. There were things I liked (vision talk through scene) and there were things I didn't like (50% of the episode). I will probably wait until F&WS is completely out instead of watching it week to week.

New thread title:

MCU TV: Disney+ is going to Ralph on your Bohner

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

New thread title:

After rewatching Doctor Strange this evening, the only time we see astral projections are when the body is unconscious. So, Wanda doing it while having tea could be a display of her having greater power than him as Agatha and the Darkhold said.

StrugglingHoneybun fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 6, 2021

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ccs posted:

The post credit scene seemed to suggest Wanda was studying up on magic to fill the knowledge gap she had, and in the meantime perhaps trying to make her children real again.

The post credit scene seemed to indicate the kids were alive somewhere which both squares with the fact that she had to rescue the kids from hell/actively make them real in the comics, and Dr. Strange 2's title is literally about a multiverse and she's a confirmed character.

Barry Convex posted:

I'm surprised White Vision wasn't more at the front of mind when I gave my initial reaction to this episode, probably because the show forgets about him after he disappears halfway through the episode, but I really do not like that he survived. The entire point of Wanda's character arc for this series has been coming to terms with Vision's death and moving on, so it hugely undermines that to have his original body still walking around with his memories intact.
Yeah this is a super-valid point. My takeaway was that eventually we're going to have Cataract meet a fully-realized Wanda, quite possibly alongside full teen hero versions of the boys, and it's going to be "Yeah wow it's you and I do love you but we've changed a lot in a short time, we can't really pick up where we last were or go back, but let's still get together for holidays ok?"

Artelier posted:

For me, I think the ending would have been far more effective if we just didn't have that conversation between Wanda and Monica. Keep it to the cold stares of everyone, and Wanda leaves. Who's going to stop her?
I agree. I was actually disappointed with Monica's overall engagement in the story. A very brief blip of her powers with the bullets and then... that's it. It was definitely a case where the franchise-building started to get in the way of the story

An Ounce of Gold posted:

:hmmyes:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

At the end of the day I appreciate Agatha being kept around instead of killed. Just the chance of more Kathryn Hanh in the MCU is good hope

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

After rewatching Doctor Strange this evening, the only time we see astral projections are when the body is unconscious. So, Wanda doing it while having tea could be a display of her having greater power than him as Agatha and the Darkhold said.
Very good catch!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

At the end of the day I appreciate Agatha being kept around instead of killed. Just the chance of more Kathryn Hanh in the MCU is good hope
Agatha has always been more of a Chaotic Neutral force in the book and thanks to both Loki and Kathryn Hahn's performance, Disney recognized they had to keep her around. She's absolutely going to pull some Hannibal Lecter in the cell poo poo with Wanda at some point and it's gonna be :krad:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah this is a super-valid point. My takeaway was that eventually we're going to have Cataract meet a fully-realized Wanda, quite possibly alongside full teen hero versions of the boys, and it's going to be "Yeah wow it's you and I do love you but we've changed a lot in a short time, we can't really pick up where we last were or go back, but let's still get together for holidays ok?"
I feel like people are entirely ignoring the part where... he's not Wanda's "love." He's not that part of Vision that was her husband in her world. For simplicity's sake call that his soul. People seem to be assuming that his memories give him his full personality/emotions/personhood but that clearly was presented as ambiguous and unknown by both the Visions debate and Vision asking Wanda what he is. My guess is that when Wanda and White Vision eventually meet Vision won't scold Wanda or judge her, he simply won't love her. Because he's not the same guy. Then eventually Wanda will find a way to reunite that missing part of him within her/the mind stone and Vision will be whole.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Artelier posted:

Oh poo poo you're right.

Just cutting that one thing is such a major improvement.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Allegedly, the villains in Doctor Strange 2 are Baron Mordo and some kind of "fear demon" that looks like Cthulu who is a minion/pawn of actual big bad Nightmare.

If it's an nightmare thing tho, it's definitely in Wanda now. Like, Agatha's final lines are all you don't know what you've done, you've made a huge mistake, you're going to need me... I suppose they could be leaving a door open, but it just felt very pointed that Wanda just did something that will come back to bite her by eating up her powers.

Then again this show was kind of a case study of a shotgun blast of teasing. So idk.

Also super agree that they dropped the ball on this being a solid case study of getting over the loss of a loved one. Guess you don't really have to if you're lucky or just strong enough. They'll say hello again :shrug:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

mind the walrus posted:

Very good catch!

Agatha has always been more of a Chaotic Neutral force in the book and thanks to both Loki and Kathryn Hahn's performance, Disney recognized they had to keep her around. She's absolutely going to pull some Hannibal Lecter in the cell poo poo with Wanda at some point and it's gonna be :krad:

Also possible, Ralph tries to snap her out of the Nosy Neighbor trance because he wants he superspeed back. Which means we might get more Evan Peter as Quicksilver but even more of an rear end in a top hat. Hell, let him and Agatha become lighter versions of Tate and Constance Langdon. Marvel Horror Story anyone?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I thought the ending was fine. I think most MCU is mediocre and can just sometimes do interesting things (Two of the Thor movies, two Captain America movies, Black Panther, and parts of the final Avengers films). I put it in this category.

I think the issue I have with the MCU in general is that they replace hype with stakes. Like the myth of the Marvel movies is that there was this long ongoing plot throughout and there really wasn't. Thanos does not become a character until he finally has a movie about him. Just going "The Stones! And Thanos!" doesn't really make a story. The one actual ongoing plot they had was HYDRA and that just kind peters out.

I think what worries me is that with the mystery box format, you can kind of introduce things that are red herrings not for plot reasons but because of wikipedia reasons. Like there were a bunch of theories about multiverses and the X-men. And as someone who had some fun theorizing about things, I can accept being dunked when the only major twist being the one everyone expected.

But like the show, LITERALLY has an X-men from another universe. It is kind of funny that it turns out to be nothing despite the fact that he has X-men Pietro's powers more than Avengers Pietro. It was good at least to give Evan Peters a send off as one of the lowkey best supehreroes of the last decade. But it's a red herring based on inside baseball knowledge, not based on anything inherent about the show.

And I'm afraid with more of these shows coming... we're going to get a lot more of red herrings or hooks based on Screen Rant galleries than storytelling.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I am tickled pink by the fact that both times Kathryn Hahn has played a Marvel villain she gets bodyslammed by a vehicle.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like people are entirely ignoring the part where... he's not Wanda's "love." He's not that part of Vision that was her husband in her world. For simplicity's sake call that his soul. People seem to be assuming that his memories give him his full personality/emotions/personhood but that clearly was presented as ambiguous and unknown by both the Visions debate and Vision asking Wanda what he is. My guess is that when Wanda and White Vision eventually meet Vision won't scold Wanda or judge her, he simply won't love her. Because he's not the same guy. Then eventually Wanda will find a way to reunite that missing part of him within her/the mind stone and Vision will be whole.

There's a very important emotional component to memory that the MCU might try to address or utilize here. We all remember emotionally charged events, good or bad, more than emotionally neutral events. If you don't have that emotional weight behind a memory, we tend to forget it. If you have a great meal that made you feel joy or awe then you remember it but we're not going to remember every bowl of cereal we've ever had.

That might leave WhiteVision with a head full of memories but likely no emotional weight behind them. He seemed generally emotionless before and after his talk with WandaVision. So while he will remember being with Wanda, it won't actually mean anything to him. And, eventually he'd forget it, if he wasn't a sentient computer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BlackIronHeart posted:

There's a very important emotional component to memory that the MCU might try to address or utilize here. We all remember emotionally charged events, good or bad, more than emotionally neutral events. If you don't have that emotional weight behind a memory, we tend to forget it. If you have a great meal that made you feel joy or awe then you remember it but we're not going to remember every bowl of cereal we've ever had.

That might leave WhiteVision with a head full of memories but likely no emotional weight behind them. He seemed generally emotionless before and after his talk with WandaVision. So while he will remember being with Wanda, it won't actually mean anything to him. And, eventually he'd forget it, if he wasn't a sentient computer.

Yeah, that's the direction I'm expecting them to go with this. They built a robot, they built an AI, but the Mind Stone gave him his humanity/emotional capacity/soul. And that part of him is the part that was in Wanda's Hex. Without it Vision is something and someone else.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I wasn't ignoring that Wanda's Vision isn't "the" Vision and neither is Cataract, but that doesn't mean there won't be love. It'll just be more like a really awkward meeting with an ex you didn't get good closure with, and finding out that you have two kids. It's just also not gonna be like the Tom King story where White Vision flat-out dumps Wanda "I am not your husband and I don't love you" because that White Vision is more robot, while this Cataract is clearly a weird mesh of stuff.

Everyone posted:

Also possible, Ralph tries to snap her out of the Nosy Neighbor trance because he wants he superspeed back. Which means we might get more Evan Peter as Quicksilver but even more of an rear end in a top hat. Hell, let him and Agatha become lighter versions of Tate and Constance Langdon. Marvel Horror Story anyone?
gently caress yeah I'm down.

Timeless Appeal posted:

I thought the ending was fine. I think most MCU is mediocre and can just sometimes do interesting things (Two of the Thor movies, two Captain America movies, Black Panther, and parts of the final Avengers films). I put it in this category.

I think the issue I have with the MCU in general is that they replace hype with stakes. Like the myth of the Marvel movies is that there was this long ongoing plot throughout and there really wasn't. Thanos does not become a character until he finally has a movie about him. Just going "The Stones! And Thanos!" doesn't really make a story. The one actual ongoing plot they had was HYDRA and that just kind peters out.

I think what worries me is that with the mystery box format, you can kind of introduce things that are red herrings not for plot reasons but because of wikipedia reasons. Like there were a bunch of theories about multiverses and the X-men. And as someone who had some fun theorizing about things, I can accept being dunked when the only major twist being the one everyone expected.

But like the show, LITERALLY has an X-men from another universe. It is kind of funny that it turns out to be nothing despite the fact that he has X-men Pietro's powers more than Avengers Pietro. It was good at least to give Evan Peters a send off as one of the lowkey best supehreroes of the last decade. But it's a red herring based on inside baseball knowledge, not based on anything inherent about the show.

And I'm afraid with more of these shows coming... we're going to get a lot more of red herrings or hooks based on Screen Rant galleries than storytelling.
1. Hype and stakes are not why anyone goes to MCU or superhero stuff in general. It's always always always been a Gods and Monsters soap opera aimed at broad personality archetypes as understood by children (historically young boys). You go to these shows/movies for the general character work-- however shallow relative to other fiction. The conceits and plots exist as window dressing and an excuse to look good; the "danger" to help give the stories a conventional arc that can be wrapped up neatly, and the fights/powers are akin to musical theatre numbers for when emotions are too big to resolve a conflict any other way.

2. Wandavision nor any MCU stuff is advertised as a mystery box the same way JJ Abrams products are. They definitely aren't afraid to lean into what fans will do naturally, but they didn't market the show as "hey here's a crazy deep mystery for you guys to solve." The sitcom conceit was definitely a "ooh what's going on" but they were already giving clear answers as early as Episode 3.

3. Yeah the inside baseball stuff can be a net negative, but I watched with someone who didn't know anything about that stuff who got along fine. poo poo like Fietro is just a marketing hook to make you feel like the grand arcs are more meaningful than they are, encourage you to buy into other properties owned by the company, and reward long-time fans who pay close attention for the act of being long-time fans who pay close attention. The problems there really arise when said fans think that the shows exist solely for them, and forget that they're just one seat in one row of a massive global audience that doesn't give a poo poo like they do.

That said I do think you're right. Falcon and the Winter Soldier definitely seems to be teasing USAgent to hardcore fans, and making us all wonder wtf is happening with the TVA in Loki, but again we're 12 years into this poo poo by now. The big continuity machine seems to be very good about knowing how to not overreach and that with very, very rare exception like Endgame you can go into each movie/show knowing generally what to expect.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 6, 2021

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I rewatched a bit of Civil War today and there's honestly a lot of interesting synchronicity between Wanda's attitude in that and her mindset going forward. The idea that she's not going to fix problems that she caused by sitting in some house arrest somewhere, and the idea that she can't control other people's fears about her, she can only control her own fear.

It's not exactly one-to-one compatible with this situation...there seems to be some underlying text in that film about how Wanda might secretly be afraid of confronting certain truths about herself and her powers, but that's really not what this story's been about. Still, you can see the general perspective she has, which seems to be framed as the right perspective, where punishing yourself for your mistakes isn't a good way to deal with them.

Or something.

radlum
May 13, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

I wasn't ignoring that Wanda's Vision isn't "the" Vision and neither is Cataract, but that doesn't mean there won't be love. It'll just be more like a really awkward meeting with an ex you didn't get good closure with, and finding out that you have two kids. It's just also not gonna be like the Tom King story where White Vision flat-out dumps Wanda "I am not your husband and I don't love you" because that White Vision is more robot, while this Cataract is clearly a weird mesh of stuff.

gently caress yeah I'm down.

2. Wandavision nor any MCU stuff is advertised as a mystery box the same way JJ Abrams products are. They definitely aren't afraid to lean into what fans will do naturally, but they didn't market the show as "hey here's a crazy deep mystery for you guys to solve." The sitcom conceit was definitely a "ooh what's going on" but they were already giving clear answers as early as Episode 3.

That said I do think you're right. Falcon and the Winter Soldier definitely seems to be teasing USAgent to hardcore fans, and making us all wonder wtf is happening with the TVA in Loki, but again we're 12 years into this poo poo by now. The big continuity machine seems to be very good about knowing how to not overreach and that with very, very rare exception like Endgame you can go into each movie/show knowing generally what to expect.

I mostly agree with this. Marvel might tease us, but we are the ones going overboard with theories. There's a huge gap between "oh, hey it's that actress from Buffy" to "Dottie must be this really obscure character because why else an actress like her would be chose for this series"; I agree mostly on the complaints about Ralph (maybe instead of Agatha having a picnic we should have gotten her checking Ralph's headshot as a casting director choosing him to play Pietro), but even then, going from "Fox's Quicksilver" to "Mephisto or Nightmare" is a huge stretch and not a mystery to be solved.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

BrianWilly posted:

I rewatched a bit of Civil War today and there's honestly a lot of interesting synchronicity between Wanda's attitude in that and her mindset going forward. The idea that she's not going to fix problems that she caused by sitting in some house arrest somewhere, and the idea that she can't control other people's fears about her, she can only control her own fear.

It's not exactly one-to-one compatible with this situation...there seems to be some underlying text in that film about how Wanda might secretly be afraid of confronting certain truths about herself and her powers, but that's really not what this story's been about. Still, you can see the general perspective she has, which seems to be framed as the right perspective, where punishing yourself for your mistakes isn't a good way to deal with them.

Or something.

This was a Scarlet Witch origin story tv show with a bigger budget, and grew insanely out of hype. I still really liked it. The lesson is to destroy social media.

e: anyways Wanda just had to watch Vision die a 3rd time, and her kids she made. Like seriously I don't see her being some hero anytime soon.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 6, 2021

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Barreft posted:

This was a Scarlet Witch origin story tv show with a bigger budget, and grew insanely out of hype. I still really liked it. The lesson is to destroy social media.

Yes.

But also, I know Marvel likes Paul Bettany and I do to But I am wondering if it would of made more thematic sense if both Visions died at the end of the show. I wonder what they are planning to do with him next.

Also in regards to Wanda and the town They should of had her apologize, one line like I can't make up for what I did but I never meant for this to happen and then fly off.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

The way theories almost overshadowed the actual plot of the show just goes to show how much the MCU films have changed how a large portion of people consume these franchises. It's all about "what's the big twist, the big spoiler to come" and to be honest, this show didn't really play that game that much outside of it being a mystery for a bit as to what the Hex was and who was doing it (and Evan Peters)

Nightmare? Mephisto? all stuff that the fans clammer for because it'd be that good twist, that good end stinger. But it was clear that wasn't going to be what WandaVision was. I am glad it wasn't.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm gonna continue to believe in Ralph Boner because I want to see more Evan Peters Quicksilver.

Overall enjoyed the finale even though it is rough cause they had to resolve everything in this final episode. Although that could be the good will talking going into the finale, cause I immensely enjoy the episodes leading up to it.

One thing this show does make me question is when the two Visions are fighting White Vision tries to pull out the Mind Stone and Vision phases out to get loose, how come he didn't do this when Thanos took the Mind Stone?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm gonna continue to believe in Ralph Boner because I want to see more Evan Peters Quicksilver.

Overall enjoyed the finale even though it is rough cause they had to resolve everything in this final episode. Although that could be the good will talking going into the finale, cause I immensely enjoy the episodes leading up to it.

One thing this show does make me question is when the two Visions are fighting White Vision tries to pull out the Mind Stone and Vision phases out to get loose, how come he didn't do this when Thanos took the Mind Stone?

I don't think he was 100% recovered from the stab wound Corvus Glaive gave him earlier in the film, which had stopped him from phasing.

The Westview Vision has the benefit of having never dealt with that, so his phasing works just fine.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Mooseontheloose posted:

Yes.

But also, I know Marvel likes Paul Bettany and I do to But I am wondering if it would of made more thematic sense if both Visions died at the end of the show. I wonder what they are planning to do with him next.

Vision specifically didn't mention white vision when he was dying with her, and said maybe they'll see each other again. and the say hello again. probably in strange 2 after wanda fucks things up bad being corrupted and trying to bring her kids back.

its all comics poo poo, fun to talk about but some take it way too serious

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I didnt read one single fan theory for this show and it looks like I was all the better for it. Ending was still pretty bad though.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I think everybody cares about the dumb fake kids way too much.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Yes.

Also in regards to Wanda and the town They should of had her apologize, one line like I can't make up for what I did but I never meant for this to happen and then fly off.

To your second point, am I crazy or was the whole "Wanda should've apologized" thing actually addressed? When Agatha wakes everybody up and they all confront Wanda, she runs through her whole spiel about how she wasn't hurting anyone and they were all safe and happy in the Hex. When they tell her it was a nightmare and beg to be released, she apologizes and agrees to release them. I was honestly surprised any of them were still around at the end, since I assumed when she opened the gates and they all ran away that they made it out.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Really wanted Cumberbatch to make a cameo. =/

Would've even settled for Wong.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

RBX posted:

I think everybody cares about the dumb fake kids way too much.

That ppl want to see 10 year olds in relationships is way creepy. These are like 40 years olds saying it's cute to watch a 10 year old learn their sexuality.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Still disappointed Agatha didn't get the death penalty for killing Sparky.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Just Chamber posted:

I didnt read one single fan theory for this show and it looks like I was all the better for it. Ending was still pretty bad though.

Eh, I'm mostly okay with it but I agree that my intentional avoidance of internet theories made it better. I learned that lesson a long time ago with the Matrix trilogy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006
I was just telling my friends last that if the show doesn't 'stick the landing' in the last epiisode then people would start saying the show is bad and was bad all along, but that there was no way the 9th episode could be that bad for me. 5 minutes in though I kinda felt like it WAS going to be that bad. Lots of stuff I'm already sick of like raised columns of light and Elizabeth Olsen collapsing and shooting out red energy in every direction accidentally, but there was a lot I liked in there too. The double Vision fight and the post credit scenes were really fun.