Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Devils play defense like a Ruff coached team

Also

https://twitter.com/RangersMSGN/status/1368274493303644163

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/AlisonL/status/1368398166417113088

Stars/CBJ refs the last two games have been Bad. I've already forgotten what the awful call against Dallas was late in the first game because I'm back to hockey despondency, but now there's this.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
what loving team is wearing black and 90's neon green what the hell

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m hearing seven games for Tom Wilson.

Too bad they can’t just eject him from the league.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/nhlplayersafety/status/1368407519463411718?s=21

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1368407519463411718

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the immortal response to any action by the DoPS:

boy that's way more than i expected and still wholly inadequate

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Jesus H, that hit... smh

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1368416463170793473

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

7 games seems acceptable from Parros.

But yeah, they have to rework the CBA to eliminate that bullshit 'not a repeat offender after a certain amount of days even if its the nth time'

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aye Doc posted:

:emptyquote:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

Stars/CBJ refs the last two games have been Bad. I've already forgotten what the awful call against Dallas was late in the first game because I'm back to hockey despondency, but now there's this.

Go easy on the refs; those Stars jersey blend so well into their surroundings that it's easy to overlook a subtle play like that.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

McDavid dragged the Oilers to victory over the Flames, fortunately. I didn't realize the Flames would've been just 2 behind the Oilers (with a game in hand) if they won in regulation, so, uh, yeah, definitely a crucial win tonight.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

One of the things I have to say about the Pens is that I'm not certain I've ever seen a team give up so many 2 on 0's.

Not really a stat you want to be pumping.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Those Stars' Tron unis are rad as hell and you're all jealous.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

CBJSprague24 posted:

pick plays should be legal, fight me

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

What's the oldest Vezina winner. Asking for my friend Mike.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Cocaine Bear posted:

Those Stars' Tron unis are rad as hell and you're all jealous.

they're dogshit

I remember years ago teams were doing some kind of weirdo black/grey jerseys and these are bigtime the same energy

JawKnee fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Mar 7, 2021

OIL! OIL! OIL!
Apr 12, 2009

They're cool they look like firefighters. I respect them now.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

pick plays should be legal, fight me

Go away Mike.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Carver posted:

One of the things I have to say about the Pens is that I'm not certain I've ever seen a team give up so many 2 on 0's.

Extremely win and/die system and team this year.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Carver posted:

It's not super cool to have happen against your team but at the same time is it incredible to see how helpless a goalie really is on a skilled 2 on 0 clean breakaway.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

OIL! OIL! OIL! posted:

They're cool they look like firefighters. I respect them now.

I'll take it

Kale
May 14, 2010

Oh look the dirtiest player in the league Tom Wilson is suspended for a dirty hit again. Even Biff Tannen would find this guy a bit too much of a heel. Could he have come off his feet any higher, targeted the head any more directly, and slammed his head into the boards any harder with the time given? Cause it sure looked like a concerted effort to deliver the worst hit possible, not the other way around

Kale fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 7, 2021

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's okay because he's technically not a repeat offender in the eyes of the DOPS.

I wonder if he has a siri reminder telling him when his probation is over so he can go end someone else's career.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

was worried about zuke going to minny but I'm real glad he finally gets to play with someone on his level. two midgets skating around a team and then feeding a tap-in to a giant seems fun to watch

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
I know Ovi doesn't have Tom Wilson's rap sheet, but Ovechkin did attempt to perform a vasectomy on Trent Frederic right there on the ice in Washington the other night. He only got a $5,000 fine for that. I realize $5,000 is the league maximum for such offences, but how much impact does that make for a guy who pulls in $10 million per season?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The NHLPA doesn't care about safety, just money.

Edit: Also Ovechkin does have Wilson's rap sheet. Plus the genocide and PEDs.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 7, 2021

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Trent Frederic deserved it, too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/SabresPlays/status/1368623445177679872

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

was worried about zuke going to minny but I'm real glad he finally gets to play with someone on his level. two midgets skating around a team and then feeding a tap-in to a giant seems fun to watch

It really is fun to watch. He's looked really good since coming back and being healed this year.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

CocoaNuts posted:

I know Ovi doesn't have Tom Wilson's rap sheet, but Ovechkin did attempt to perform a vasectomy on Trent Frederic right there on the ice in Washington the other night. He only got a $5,000 fine for that. I realize $5,000 is the league maximum for such offences, but how much impact does that make for a guy who pulls in $10 million per season?

Well, it's a spear to the nuts or Ovie sends some of his SVR buddies around to have a friendly conversation with Frederic

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

The spear to the nuts was funny, the boarding wasn't. That's a hidden criterion for doling out supplemental discipline.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Actually there’s no difference between nut-shotting some no-name who’s trying to start poo poo and constantly driving the heads of defenceless players through the boards you rubes, you absolute simpletons

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jeff Skinner scored a goal :unsmith: in what is hopefully Ralph Krueger’s final game as head coach.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Also, come on - free vasectomy. Normally you have to go to a doctor for that sort of thing.

Really, Frederic should be paying Ovechkin

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The sabres/isles played their 3 games in 4 days here and the isles won every game by the exact same score, 5-2

Thank you buffalo for doing your part, you now have permission to fire your coach and become good enough to beat the other teams in the east, thank you

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/buffalosabres/status/1368639926745567236?s=21

Skinny :unsmith:

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

What's the oldest Vezina winner. Asking for my friend Mike.

For the modern era where it's "best goalie" Thomas and Hasek both won it at 36.

For 1981 and earlier, where it was given to the team who allowed the fewest, duos of Jacques Plante (40) and Glenn Hall (37) as well as Johnny Bower (40) and Terry Sawchuk (35) won it. Gump Worsley was also the more-started of the winning duo at 36, and Johnny Bower played 58 of 70 for a solo win in 1961 at 36.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/SteadyRiot/status/1368654969600086017?s=19

Buffalo is open for business and they're selling with motivation.