Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
You know, Ex does an ungodly amount of commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

poor sepentico is a mere pawn in the game of life

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Regular money matt

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I continue to be amazed at the ways Luther manages to use Serpentico as a weapon.

smikey
May 22, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

Regular money matt

Ditch weed money Matt

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Sydal gets some serious elevation on that mariposa

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

booooooo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I like the weird drug new age hippie Sydals but they have to get rid of this Dolph Ziggler rear end music

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Ah man, Dark’s over.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

I like the weird drug new age hippie Sydals but they have to get rid of this Dolph Ziggler rear end music

they should ask TNA if they still have Sonjay Dutt's old music laying around

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Germansimp posted:

I continue to be amazed at the ways Luther manages to use Serpentico as a weapon.
I really want them to blast someone with his streamers when the ref's not looking, and then pin someone covered in streamers while the confused ref counts it.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Can we have a Mike Sydal - Sonny Kiss battle of the splits?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Taz, Excalibur and Anthony Ogogo on the deck.

1) Pretty Picture vs Natural Nightmares. Love Pretty Peter's heart sled. Cezar's new gear looks good. The growth of QT from goof to grizzled is really well done, hope they can continue the heel shading. It also cannot be overstressed just how good late career Dustin Rhodes is. Wish we'd seen more from Peter and Cezar here but I can understand why we didn't.

2) JD Drake vs Chuck Taylor. Drake just looks like he belongs here, and he brings out an old school version of Chuckie T which I enjoy. I could watch Drake chop people forever and ever. This is a fun, hard hitting contest. Drake's style is the definition of simple but effective, his taunt to OC was superb, and gave the requisite hubris needed to end the match

And we get some final build for Miro and Kip vs Chuck and OC. I liked Miro doing the fake OC kicks before just murdering him.

3) Penta vs Azriel. Okay, walk me through Azriel's facial hair decisions. Getting strong Jack Evans vibes from him, which I don't mind at all. He's athletic and smooth and facing a murderous skeleton man who is going to decapitate him. Match is rough at points but generally very good. Azriel has some admirable toughness. And we get an armbreaker from Penta. Love my skellington boy.

Big Swole comes out. Swole. This is a good promo and she makes a good point. She's owed a title match.

4) Lance Archer vs John Skyler. A mauling. Grear show of Archer's power and athleticism and skill. I'm glad they gave Skyler a kickout and a fightback as it made his murder more satisfying.

Great post match promo.

5) Ricky Starks and Brian Cage vs Fuego and Angel Fashion. Some fun chain wrestling at the start with Fuego and Ricky, until Ricky realises "wait a second, I can easily yeet this guy into orbit" and then the murder starts. Angel Fashion is also here.

6) Jack Evans vs Jake St Patrick. A fast paced scrappy match. St Patrick is good, but I want to see what makes him special. He heats up as the match goes on. This was pretty good fun.

Pretty good rap from Max Caster. "Scorpio, I read your horoscope and then I died of boredom" was funny.

7) Large Adult Gunns vs M"Badu and ROME HAT. Early doors in this match, Austin Gunn nearly murders Aubrey. This is a perfectly okay inconsequential match. M'Badu is a good power guy, the Gunns aren't all that bad, and D3 answers the question "What if TJ Perkins was Italian?"

8) Tesha Price vs Thunder Rosa. They're changing up Tesha's look to be slightly more heelish, it works. Thunder Rosa is so great. This match is pretty good, lots of enjoyable bullying at the start. I'd like to have seen 5% more offense from Price here, just to get what her deal is more.

9) Bear Country vs Cameron Stewart and Ryzin. Don't wear glasses while you wrestle. Big lads destroy small lad. Ryzin watches. Both bears are great but there is something about Boulder that is just astounding to watch.

Post match, Bear Bronson and Bear Boulder are brutalised by the bullying Butcher and Blade after being bamboozled by the beguiling Bunny.

10) 5 and 10 vs Vary Morales and Labron Kozone. Never seen Kozone before. He's got decent speed and power. I liked the handshake-turn-away spot with 5 and Morales. Props to Angels getting a man Kozone's size up for a slam, ugly as it looked.

11) Leila Grey vs Tay Conti. Love -1 taking Anna's place in the Tay BFF routine. Conti continues to get better, some of her takedowns are works of art. Grey isn't bad, has some decent stuff in response, but Tay is the star of this match. Give her someone to feud with.

12) Chaos Project vs the Sydals. This is a match where every member has done DMT at some point in the last year. I love that Serpentico and Mike Sydal square off and then Luther just climbs in the ring and clobbers him. The point where Luther charges Serpentico and Mike Sydal in the corner is awesome. Luther is such a great Chaos Oaf. I enjoyed everything about this match.

Good show. I have my ticket for the Revolution Hype Train.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Tesha Price is really starting to show her potential, her character work has gotten really solid even though her ring work is still very much in progress. Hopefully she's getting some of the same mentoring with Big Dustin that the rest of the women's division has been benefitting from because once she tightens up, she could be very good.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Her in-ring work has definitely improved, but it still has a way to go. I am also enjoying her character work though. More consistent than King's certainly.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

Her in-ring work has definitely improved, but it still has a way to go. I am also enjoying her character work though. More consistent than King's certainly.

They're mirror images like that, King's great in the ring but needs to figure out her character.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

rantmo posted:

Tesha Price is really starting to show her potential, her character work has gotten really solid even though her ring work is still very much in progress. Hopefully she's getting some of the same mentoring with Big Dustin that the rest of the women's division has been benefitting from because once she tightens up, she could be very good.

Dustin runs classes for enhancement talent so it's likely that she is. She's already noticeably better in the ring than she was when we first saw her.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

rantmo posted:

They're mirror images like that, King's great in the ring but needs to figure out her character.

Yeah, King needs to decide whether she’s going to go for some sort of intense warrior deal or happy to be here deal.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Yeah, King needs to decide whether she’s going to go for some sort of intense warrior deal or happy to be here deal.

That iridescent face paint she's been doing is just not a good choice.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

It looks fine until she starts grinning like she just finished her first improv class showcase.

smikey
May 22, 2004

rantmo posted:

That iridescent face paint she's been doing is just not a good choice.

She should just turn it into woad

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

She's got a very nice smile and if that's the direction she wants, sure. The most solid step she's taken in terms of character was the decision to start (briefly?) calling herself The King, that's a solid base to build upon. The makeup she's been doing is more mer-person, which I guess works if The King in question is Namor. All that said, I'm glad that Dark is giving her a platform to try a bunch of poo poo until she figures out what works, the stakes are just high enough for her to keep working at it.

smikey posted:

That would be pretty loving rad.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

smikey posted:

I think that's the inspiration. It doesn't really come across.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

rantmo posted:

Sounds like they'd make a good tag team.

King and Price: King's Ransom.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

They did tag together a while back and they were pretty decent together. They did not have a rad move name like King's Ransom though, that's really good. Maybe she should get a submission and call it that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Guys, it's almost time. Tornado DDT.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Can't believe Fuego vs QT is finally almost here

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

was gonna binge watch erotic thrillers in lieu of sleep but i suppose Dark will do

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Dammit Excalibur, kayfabe!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

Can't believe Fuego vs QT is finally almost here

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

P-P-P-POWERHOUSE

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Hello hook

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

StarkRavingMad posted:

Dammit Excalibur, kayfabe!

It's ok, the dry cleaning is expensive.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
open the show with a ratings draw